The definitive sony card rewards thread - a good start to a free game or controller

[quote name='doubledown']So, anyone who had a CHASE Sony CC get their Capital 1 card yet? I'm still waiting. It sucks since I cannot log in now and check my account. I called and they basically were clueless stating it should come either this month or next. so, who do I pay, how do I check my balance?[/QUOTE]

I have the same problem. You pay whomever sent your last statement. If it was chase, you have to send a check, since your account is not available online anymore.

I haven't gotten my new card yet and captal one does not have their sonycard online accounts changed over yet.

Ok, I guess I'll just use my card as normal and pay whomever sends me a bill. I just paid it off before the online access was killed. Just annoyed...this was handled poorly in my opinion.

Sucks that all is left is WOF puzzle. I'm sure that will be gone soon. I loved getting credit back for Sony purchases, but I'll be changing cards if there is no improvement.

^^There is a new 25th anniversary question today.

The card is still better than it was when I signed up.

Originally you got 2,000 points for signing up ($20) and you would either get 3X for a SONY purchase or you could get credit for it -one or the other. There were no other bonus points available.

It isn't as good now as it was a few months ago, but it still isn't bad. I haven't found a better free bonus program that is as good as SONY.

Actually if anyone knows of one please post it here!

If you're looking for the bonus puzzle for the day and don't want to bother clicking to another site since the sony one still isn't up, it's: huge ego.

I was hoping to be able to bank points towards a NGP/Vita, but the rate is glacial with only the bonus puzzle now. I hope they are adding something back in. This is the worst it has been for points since I started and there was only WoF plus sony pictures daily for 10 points each. At least then there was the chance of polls and questionnaires in addition to the flashback.

I had a payment due the 15th, and with no online access and no statements I called to see what my options were. The lady said we will gain online access on the 13th, and can also make payments over the phone on the 13th. Just thought I'd share.

Wow. They are ridiculously slow in sending out the rewards orders. My points are STILL pending for my two PS3 game order and I think it's going on two weeks now.:roll:

[quote name='slowdive21']I have the same problem. You pay whomever sent your last statement. If it was chase, you have to send a check, since your account is not available online anymore.

I haven't gotten my new card yet and captal one does not have their sonycard online accounts changed over yet.[/QUOTE]

Argh, just got my bill today thinking it was going to be a Capital One bill, but it's still Chase. Now I have to pay by check. Chase couldn't just keep the accounts online till the transition was done? What a terrible transition

Every time I have redeemed, it's taken literally days. Usually under a week to receive my item.

I still haven't received my new card either.

It's quite a shame they are killing off this rewards program; I enjoyed free controllers.

Thanks for the links with the answers as well guys, I was not playing because the forums were down. >_>

Hopefully I don't owe anything on my card. I still haven't received a bill in the mail, and, my account has been off Chase for at least a week now. :/ So stupid.

Figured I'd pop in here and say that I signed up online today at Capital One with no issues. Just used the same visa card number and it located all my info and current balance, etc. Easy as pie. I just didn't worry and figured if they wanted my money they'd make it work eventually, haha.

Yep, June 30th will be the last day for the daily giveaway. Maybe they are going to do away with the web site all together.

Edit: I got this in an e-mail from them, so maybe they aren't planning on shutting it down entirely.
June will be the last month to enter the Monthly Dream Prize or play the Daily Giveaway. But don't fret, we'll be back after our summer hiatus with new Points-earning activities, new experiential rewards and more

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='redline']Yep, June 30th will be the last day for the daily giveaway. Maybe they are going to do away with the web site all together.

Edit: I got this in an e-mail from them, so maybe they aren't planning on shutting it down entirely.
June will be the last month to enter the Monthly Dream Prize or play the Daily Giveaway. But don't fret, we'll be back after our summer hiatus with new Points-earning activities, new experiential rewards and more[/QUOTE]

Yeah, most likely just a shift in strategy after changing to capital one.

They used to do polls all the time and the odd questionnaire worth 100 points, but those went away and we got jeopardy in their place.

Just great, my credit card got frauded because I mailed out a check. I mailed out my bill on Monday, my account was frauded by someone in NY on Tuesday for over $2500. I called Capital One and they're going to take care of it, but apparently there's some more charges that haven't posted yet and I'm going to have to call back.

If I had known I could have accessed the Capital One account already I wouldn't have mailed a fucking check, Ugh

[quote name='ssjmichael']Just great, my credit card got frauded because I mailed out a check. I mailed out my bill on Monday, my account was frauded by someone in NY on Tuesday for over $2500. I called Capital One and they're going to take care of it, but apparently there's some more charges that haven't posted yet and I'm going to have to call back.

If I had known I could have accessed the Capital One account already I wouldn't have mailed a fucking check, Ugh[/QUOTE]

I had some fraudulent charges on my last statement too! Some company in Brazil, so there were conversion fess too! Hopefully my credits won't be "lost in the transfer".

[quote name='handisnacks']Figured I'd pop in here and say that I signed up online today at Capital One with no issues. Just used the same visa card number and it located all my info and current balance, etc. Easy as pie. I just didn't worry and figured if they wanted my money they'd make it work eventually, haha.[/QUOTE]
Just tried it - didn't work for me.

=http://www.sonyrewards.com/en/clubs/wof/wof_25th_anniversary/=

This should still be in the original post since you can still answer once a week for 20 points I believe.

Also, I see Capital One raised my interest rate 5% more than it was before, it's almost at 20% now. Screw that, I'm paying it off and not using it anymore. Is capital one usually this crappy?

Yes. They are that horrible, which is why I cancelled my card a month ago so I wouldn't have to deal with them. I previously had a credit card with them, in five years they never raised my credit limit from $1000, raised my interest rate a few times and when it went over 20% I cancelled it. I was never late on a payment or went over the limit. Sometimes I would carry a charge, sometimes not but it didn't seem to make a difference to them.

[quote name='Rig']Hopefully I don't owe anything on my card. I still haven't received a bill in the mail, and, my account has been off Chase for at least a week now. :/ So stupid.[/QUOTE]

I still have yet to receive my new CAPITAL ONE card. I did receive a bill from Chase about 2-3 weeks ago, but I'm still waiting for my C1 card. What a horrible way to handle this. I Cannot log in anywhere to check my account.

Just got my card Doubledown so its probably incoming. I received an email that the cards were coming as well, so I knew to keep an eye out.

Got my CapitalOne SonyCard Saturday. So I enrolled in their online thing to pay my $4.xx balance, and it showed that my redemption credit finally went through. They now owe me $147.

So I called and cancelled the card, and they'll mail me a check for the balance within 2 months. I'm done with it, finally.

God, I hate CapitalOne.

If we never activate the new card they sent us:

1: Is it the same as canceling the account? Or do I still need to call and cancel

2: If we have pending credits, do they send them to us automatically or do we need to activate, request a redemption check, and then cancel (I've got 20.00 approved from when it was with Chase, IDK which bank owes me money, lol)

[quote name='Zmonkay']If we never activate the new card they sent us:

1: Is it the same as canceling the account? Or do I still need to call and cancel

2: If we have pending credits, do they send them to us automatically or do we need to activate, request a redemption check, and then cancel (I've got 20.00 approved from when it was with Chase, IDK which bank owes me money, lol)[/QUOTE]

1. You have to call and cancel.

2. You have to redeem. I was going to get like 3 dual shock 3s or something if they lost my redemption from April. When you close it, they tell you that you'll forfeit your bonus points. I had 500 left.

I think SONY is just fucking with me at this point. I resubmitted 4 forms (meaning I already mailed them once before) and they only gave me points for 1 of the 4 forms. I know if I call them they will say "wait a few days maybe they didn't finish yet", then I will call back a week later and they will tell me to mail them again or if I am lucky they will let me fax them in. :bomb:

I know this has been answered in this thread already somewhere, and I apologize in advance, but I'm on an iPad and it's difficult to search. When redeeming points for ps3 games, do they have to be first-party Sony games? If not, I'm about to cash out for the Catherine deluxe Ed. :)

[quote name='argyle']I know this has been answered in this thread already somewhere, and I apologize in advance, but I'm on an iPad and it's difficult to search. When redeeming points for ps3 games, do they have to be first-party Sony games? If not, I'm about to cash out for the Catherine deluxe Ed. :)[/QUOTE]

ANY PS2, PS3, PSP game is fine as long as it is NEW. (Used is YMMV) Catherine would be fine.

[quote name='slowdive21']ANY PS2, PS3, PSP game is fine as long as it is NEW. (Used is YMMV) Catherine would be fine.[/QUOTE]

Awesome, thank you. :)

Just received an e-mail announcing the end of 20 points for the Bonus Round Puzzle for card holders; starting August 1st, it'll be just 10.

[quote name='TedSeattle']Just received an e-mail announcing the end of 20 points for the Bonus Round Puzzle for card holders; starting August 1st, it'll be just 10.[/QUOTE]

Yep. Got the confirmation email too. Sony Rewards quizzes are going the way of the dodo. Within months, Capital One has turned my favorite rewards credit card into useless plastic. Smh.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yikes. And I thought it was a waste of time when we were getting 20 points. Well, the email says new activities will be coming, but then again, that's what the old emails said months ago.

Yep. I just got my statements showing I have a zero balance on both my cards so will be calling to cancel. I've burned up the rewards points on both accounts and 1 point per dollar is not worth it to deal with crapital one

At least they're making it easier and easier to cancel by the day. I've got 4000 some points left and once I find something (sort of) worth wasting them on I'll be done with this card.

I did notice that the screen still says I earned 20 points today but was only credited with 10. Couldn't even have bothered to change the text. Hooray!

MjC

So apparently as long as they are zero balance, it doesn't hurt to keep them (ie, not cancel). I was doing some googling and apparently canceling a card can have negative impact on your credit score, so I'll just shred em and pretend they don't exist.

[quote name='Zmonkay']So apparently as long as they are zero balance, it doesn't hurt to keep them (ie, not cancel). I was doing some googling and apparently canceling a card can have negative impact on your credit score, so I'll just shred em and pretend they don't exist.[/QUOTE]

It's very temporary, like a couple of months. Unless it's your oldest credit card.

[quote name='elessar123']It's very temporary, like a couple of months. Unless it's your oldest credit card.[/QUOTE]

That's not the only loss. You also lose the amount of available credit to your name, which impacts your score as well.

[quote name='Anexanhume']That's not the only loss. You also lose the amount of available credit to your name, which impacts your score as well.[/QUOTE]

Credit utilization is mostly based on per card. Thus, if you had 3 cards, each with $1000 balance, and $5000 credit on each card, you'll have a higher score than if you had the same 3 cards, $0 on two, and $3000 on the third. In both cases, you have $3000 balance total on the 3 cards.

Yes, total credit goes down and CAN lower your credit score, but it's more complicated than that.

Edit: Also important to note that having too much unused credit will lower your score as well.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']How the hell long does it take them to ship an order made from the Sony Rewards site? I placed it on the 27th or so of May and it STILL has not shipped and the points are 'on hold'. WTF!

I just don't want them to take the points and 'forget' to ship me my shit I ordered.:roll:[/QUOTE]

I purchased a 'deal of the day' early this year and heard nothing for about two months - even though the item was listed as in stock for most of that time. I wrote to ask about the status of the order and they responded that it had just been shipped and I received it a few days later. So, might help to send a short email to get them moving.

Been checking my points history and everything only gets me 10 points, even though I am a cardholder... geeze, need to spend my $86 worth of points soon, then cancel the card.

[quote name='nakanenui']Been checking my points history and everything only gets me 10 points, even though I am a cardholder... geeze, need to spend my $86 worth of points soon, then cancel the card.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they changed everything to ten points except wishlist updates. They claim more ways to get points are coming, but we'll see.

bread's done
Back