The Fandango Wrestling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Matt Striker is not getting his contract renewed....oh darn! 

How many surgeries has Mysterio been through? Saw he is going underneath again.

Matt Striker is not getting his contract renewed....oh darn!

How many surgeries has Mysterio been through? Saw he is going underneath again.
Somewhat wild idea: TNA adds Striker to their commentary table.

I really enjoy him when he's not neutered on commentary. Joey-Styles-esque/Excalibur-like quality to his unrestricted commentary.

Does TNA still rotate their commentators? Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's Taz and Tenay in the second hour and Tenay and New Guy in the first hour, right? If so, I'd throw Striker in with Tenay as one of the main commentators.

But Striker could go back to education. Most likely the best option for proper benefits.

And I'll second the "Where is Myke?" query.

Seriously, don't mess with KENTA.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1pvcUyC820

This one's just for fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eL2tPRf_u8U

According to Lance Storm's tweets, Calgary...Alberta, Canada is heavily flooded right now. He said the Calgary Saddledome is reportedly filled with water. I guess it's pretty bad up there. Among the least of his worries, he might not make his flight for the House of Hardcore show tomorrow night in Philly, where he's supposed to face Tommy Dreamer. And he already got a spray tan and everything.

Had fun at the Impact tapings on Thursday night, our seats ended up being 3rd row just about center ring on the camera side.  I'm guessing there were between 2000-2500 people there, not a terrible crowd but looks kind of small in that building (Civic Center holds almost 10000).  We got to meet and take pictures with most of the Knockouts which was cool.  This was my first ever TNA event and I enjoyed it a lot, really glad I got to see Daniels and Aries both wrestle (and win YAY!), also getting to see a Styles/Joe match was awesome.  Styles also cut what I think was one of his best promos in TNA ever, even though it wasn't very long.  I got some decent pictures I will post in spoiler tags here.

Here's me with some of the Knockouts:

Here's just a few pics I got from the 2nd Impact taping (Future Impact spoilers)

Last edited by a moderator:
Perhaps I am alone in saying this: I really like Matt Striker. I feel like he was under-untilized as hell both in the ring and as a manager. His commentary work, while not perfect is very enjoyable. I'd rather listen to him on commentary than to be tortured with Booker, Jerry or Cole.

Had fun at the Impact tapings on Thursday night, our seats ended up being 3rd row just about center ring on the camera side. I'm guessing there were between 2000-2500 people there, not a terrible crowd but looks kind of small in that building (Civic Center holds almost 10000). We got to meet and take pictures with most of the Knockouts which was cool. This was my first ever TNA event and I enjoyed it a lot, really glad I got to see Daniels and Aries both wrestle (and win YAY!), also getting to see a Styles/Joe match was awesome. Styles also cut what I think was one of his best promos in TNA ever, even though it wasn't very long. I got some decent pictures I will post in spoiler tags here.

Here's me with some of the Knockouts:

Here's just a few pics I got from the 2nd Impact taping (Future Impact spoilers)

Wow, Gail Kim looks gorgeous. Mickie James not so much.

Tommy Dreamers House of Hardcore show last night in Philly had a pretty solid lineup.  I wouldn't mind seeing the video of it.  Young Bucks vs. London and Kednrick, MVP/Callihan, Carlito/Bennett to name a few.

Tommy Dreamers House of Hardcore show last night in Philly had a pretty solid lineup. I wouldn't mind seeing the video of it. Young Bucks vs. London and Kednrick, MVP/Callihan, Carlito/Bennett to name a few.
Also, Steiners vs Homicide/Eddie Kingston, Morrison vs 2 Cold Scorpio, and Storm vs Dreamer. They have a 14 day rental up for $14.99.

http://rfvideonow.com/houseofhardcore/

I'm not sure if they allow you to split it with 29 friends and only pay 50 cents like Zen Davis does.

Perhaps I am alone in saying this: I really like Matt Striker. I feel like he was under-untilized as hell both in the ring and as a manager. His commentary work, while not perfect is very enjoyable. I'd rather listen to him on commentary than to be tortured with Booker, Jerry or Cole.
I agree. I think, at his best, when he doesn't have Vince screaming in his ear, that he has a quality reminiscent of Joey Styles and Excalibur. I've been and am also a fan. :)

I'm pretty sure this Sean O'Haire twitter account is fake, although we are talking about Sean O'Haire, so it very well could be real. Either way, it's pretty funny.

sean o haire ‏@o_seanohaire 21h

@TripleH @StephMcMahon is there anyway that u Guys can sign me a 2 month contract
I thought his run with Piper as his manager was pretty good, buuuuut isn't O'Haire the dude who repeatedly beat his girlfriend?

I agree. I think, at his best, when he doesn't have Vince screaming in his ear, that he has a quality reminiscent of Joey Styles and Excalibur. I've been and am also a fan. :)

I thought his run with Piper as his manager was pretty good, buuuuut isn't O'Haire the dude who repeatedly beat his girlfriend?
His "Devil's Advocate" promos were fantastic. Never heard about him beating his girlfriend.

O'Haire's recorded Devil's Advocate promos were great. However, something just didn't translate when it went live. All we really got out of it was Brian Kendrick streaking. I guess it's a bad sign when a gimmick that has all the designs to be a mouthpiece has to have a mouthpiece.

ROH is done with iPPVs. VOD only.

WWE 2K14 debuting tonight on RAW.

WWE Performance Center opens on July 14th.

Today is the 6th year anniversary of Chris Benoit murdering his wife and child.

Bryan / Orton part 3 tonight on RAW.

Shared by Chris Jericho today:

fdb9e8c09f5f67e59aabec8661f31e6e_1024.png

Must tear guys like Jericho up to think about Benoit. All these good memories and one harsh truth.

Apparently 2K is having a cover contest for the new game, the winner will be included with the game as an alternate cover. A few wrestlers mentioned include Ziggler. If I had talent, I'd get on that right now. We all know who will win anyway though, some Cena cover with him on an Aircraft Carrier or something.

Orton / Bryan 3 put on the best match on RAW in 2013. That was so good. Predictable but good. Multiple shots to the head. Crazy powerbomb spots. Great selling by Orton. 

00171694.0001.gif

I watched last weeks Raw and I THINK I may be hearing something.

During the Seamus Vs. Rhodes/Sandow handicap match, after Sandow does an elbow and Rhodes motions to him, JBL says something like "If she wanted to shake it up do something great like gid rid of Micheal."

King then laughs and I THINK I am hearing Cole say "Ok, Fags" real quick before going back to commentary.

Of course I have drank enough beer in my life to make anyone crazy and hear things.

So, I guess the censor didn't make it into CAG 3.0? Gobbledygooker

Didn't Cole get into some shit on Twitter for that same slur?

As a grown ass man, I'd be okay if they left off the word censor. Ballsacks

Am I crazy or has WWE been really good lately? Watching more clips than usual. Commentary seems better, too. Weird. And AJ is really good on the mic. 

WWE has been stepping up lately, I don't know if having the McMahons is helping, but whatever they are doing, they are getting there.

Ziggler looked INTENSE tonight. Almost like a blonde AJ Styles or something. I like where this is headed.

WWE has been stepping up lately, I don't know if having the McMahons is helping, but whatever they are doing, they are getting there.

Ziggler looked INTENSE tonight. Almost like a blonde AJ Styles or something. I like where this is headed.
Heresy!

Here's the news on ROH abandoning live iPPV. It was posted on their Facebook but has not been put on ROHWrestling.com as of right now....

This past weekend at "Best in the World" in Baltimore, MD , Ring of Honor proved once again from top to bottom why our talent is truly the best in wrestling today. Unfortunately, there were some issues with the live iPPV stream that wound up distracting from the energy and action in ring. For this, we sincerely apologize to all fans that encountered problems.

Because of how much we value the support of our fans, and understand the imperfections of the live streaming technology, "Best in the World" will be the last iPPV stream that we will be broadcasting live. All future main event shows will now be offered as a Video On Demand, which will allow Ring of Honor to present a flawless show and truly depict the excellence of our product.

From now on, fans can watch ROH Wrestling on TV, VOD, or DVD, however there is still nothing like seeing Ring of Honor in person. We thank you for your continued support and are excited to be moving forward.

Ring of Honor Wrestling
Honestly this feels like a very lazy cop out on ROH's part. Very few if any are going to order these now VOD iPPVs because one of the biggest draws to them was being able to watch it live. What ROH needs to do is partner with a real company that knows how to stream properly such as Neulion instead of going to cheap third rate companies like they have been (ie: Go Fight Live).

Jack Swagger was found guilty of DUI and speeding at his trial today in Gulfport, MS. Swagger has been sentenced to six months’ probation, $500 fine and will have to pay for all court costs related to his case. Swagger’s attorney managed to get his two days in jail suspended, so he wont have to spend anytime behind bars. The Judge also dismissed the possession charge against Swagger. Swagger was using marijuana prior to being arrested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back