The Farewell TFN OTT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Pookymeister']La Nouba? I saw that a while back.
Ka in Vegas was awesomer - never saw Beatles one.[/QUOTE]
No, I saw Alegria, a touring show. I would like to see La Nouba though. If I see another one I'd like to see a "stationary" show. Dralion is coming to UF soon. I would like to see that but I don't know if I will.

[quote name='Rocko']No, I saw Alegria, a touring show. I would like to see La Nouba though. If I see another one I'd like to see a "stationary" show. Dralion is coming to UF soon. I would like to see that but I don't know if I will.[/QUOTE]

Ka had this crazy moving stage thing going on. Definitely need a permanent show for something like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpeeTHUhEgU

JSBX is playing August 18th. No way I'm going because.
1. I dont have the night off.
2. Don't have a babysitter lined up.
3. Probably can't afford to go.
4. Might be too old to appreciate the post-ironic posing of Jon Spencer without a jaded eye. Watching the video makes me remember how difficult it is to take these guys seriously.

Although Orange is still one of my favorite albums even 15 years (holy crap) since it came out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90iaLaPMa9g

I don't play no blues. I don't play no blues. I play. Rock N Roll.

Medal of Honor is fucking awesome. I thought it was gonna be total shit based on the reviews when it first came out. Really digging it.

[quote name='Maklershed']Medal of Honor is fucking awesome. I thought it was gonna be total shit based on the reviews when it first came out. Really digging it.[/QUOTE]

After your glowing praise of FEAR3, why am I not surprised. ;)

What are some good platformers* for the PS3/360? Alice has me in the mood for another one.

*preferably one that is more movement and jumping based rather than combat based

[quote name='Maklershed']What are some good platformers* for the PS3/360? Alice has me in the mood for another one.

*preferably one that is more movement and jumping based rather than combat based[/QUOTE]

I thought Alice looked like a DMC game rather than a platformer... :whistle2:k
I can't think of a lot that are... I think Nintendo still has most of the actual platformers (mario/kirby/dk/etc.)

Probably try Frisky's list, I guess. I'm not sure what else to tell you -- you could play VVVVVV on Steam. :p

[quote name='Maklershed']What are some good platformers* for the PS3/360? Alice has me in the mood for another one.

*preferably one that is more movement and jumping based rather than combat based[/QUOTE]

fuck anyone else's suggestions. Get Psychonauts. Best platformer I've ever played...EVAR!

[quote name='Maklershed']Medal of Honor is fucking awesome. I thought it was gonna be total shit based on the reviews when it first came out. Really digging it.[/QUOTE]

Same here I really digged the realistic vibe.

I meant the feel of it, fighting in a desert mountain setting compared to fighting off russian soilders in a burger king.

Hell yeah! If more people came into the game not expecting COD or even Battlefield, I think it would have been a lot more popular. At least the single player campaign blows away any of the other COD SP campaigns.

[quote name='TheRock88']Hell yeah! If more people came into the game not expecting COD or even Battlefield, I think it would have been a lot more popular. At least the single player campaign blows away any of the other COD SP campaigns.[/QUOTE]

I agree. It looks great; the gameplay is fun and never boring since they're always switching things up between stealth missions, gun ships, sniping, atvs, etc; the feel of the guns is probably the best I've experienced in a game; the ai is good - they're smart but they don't always know where you are or unfairly target you and only you; your ai teammates are actually helpful and do damage; and the attention to detail is second to none for a war fps - the puff of mortar and cement when a bullet hits a wall for example looks so realistic.

Watching the trailer for Jack & Jill- my wife and I both thought it was a fake trailer and the Energizer Bunny was gonna come across the screen or some shit like that.

Saw random youtube clips earlier today. How'd I go all this time without watching 30 Rock? It seems like it could be pretty good.

[quote name='JStryke']Saw random youtube clips earlier today. How'd I go all this time without watching 30 Rock? It seems like it could be pretty good.[/QUOTE]

I watched all of it on Hulu/Hulu+ back in February-April. I couldn't believe how awesome it was. The first few episodes went slow but built up really rapidly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back