The Farewell TFN OTT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Maklershed']Ok. Since you're being such a nice brother. PM incoming.[/QUOTE]

He'll appreciate. He's 30 and rocks a skullet. Covers it with a beanie 24/7.

[quote name='JStryke']Topic. Thread. Whatever. They're interchangeable if you ask me.[/QUOTE]
Nobody's asking you. Sneaky's telling you what it means.

Blah. I swear this insurance company is going to cause me to throw a clot. They're making me go around in circles and keep sending me back to the department that just transferred me. On the plus side, my patient got a huge laugh when I told her that the insurance company picked a fight with the wrong person and that it was now personal. Thankfully, corporate has my back on this one.

fucking amazon warehouse deals. 64 dollars was too tempting. Bought a Wii for my nephew and for myself. Credit card points and birthday money make me feel better about buying another dust collector.

[quote name='Maklershed']I haven't but my dad did and he loves it. I tried to get him to play Alice since there's a lot of the same craziness but he's not up for another game already. I think its like a one year thing for him. Speaking of which I can't wait to get the Ico / Shadow of Collossus collection. It's embarrassing to say my dad played those games and I haven't yet.[/QUOTE]

It's still cool that your dad plays games at all though. My dad doesn't, but I remember him playing the Atari when I was a kid. He used to get ENRAGED by Donkey Kong in the same way that I do now with Black Ops.

[quote name='Maklershed']Anyone getting Toy Soldiers tomorrow? I would if it weren't $15.[/QUOTE]

And thanks for putting that into my head.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvdLovAaYzM&ob=av2e

Hellish night at work last night. Three bronch wash cultures, two body fluid cultures and a massive transfusion that went for over 6 hours.

Robotic Prostate surgery gone bad. Guy ended up taking nearly 50 units of red cells, 10 units of platelets, probably 15 frozen plasmas about another 15 of cryo. Totally exhausted by the time I got home and I just passed out. Woke up a few hours later evaluting mistakes in my head.

[quote name='eldergamer']

Hellish night at work last night. Three bronch wash cultures, two body fluid cultures and a massive transfusion that went for over 6 hours.

Robotic Prostate surgery gone bad. Guy ended up taking nearly 50 units of red cells, 10 units of platelets, probably 15 frozen plasmas about another 15 of cryo. Totally exhausted by the time I got home and I just passed out. Woke up a few hours later evaluting mistakes in my head.[/QUOTE]

You win for suckiest day. In comparison, I can't complain about the guy having an infarct at my office last week.

[quote name='Maklershed']I need to get to bed but I'm nowhere near sleepy. I'm gonna pay for it tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

I really need to sleep now too. Friends want me to go on a 14 mile bike ride at 7AM tomorrow and I need to jog at least 3 miles sometime tomorrow.

Morning, OTT.

[quote name='Maklershed']I'm paying for it today. Neeeeeeeeeeed coffeeeeeeeeeee. :drool:[/QUOTE]

Not for me...WoW raid until 12:30am last night, in bed by 1:00am, 5:00am wake up, shower, shave, tried to wake Mrs. Number83 for some pre-work "somethin-somethin" (couldn't do it...but since she was just laying there...I kid, I kid), and at work by 6:45am.

I feel great!

You people are :oldman:

83, I wasn't ignoring you yesterday. its been crazy here with finals. In thing to ship the stuff once i get to alabama in a couple of days.

[quote name='munch']83, I wasn't ignoring you yesterday. its been crazy here with finals. In thing to ship the stuff once i get to alabama in a couple of days.[/QUOTE]

No worries...Finish what you gotta do. ;) It's really no rush.

I just wasn't sure if you shipped or not, so I was wondering if maybe it was lost. Glad to hear they aren't.

No, I'm finishing things up on campus today, then leaving tomorrow for Alabama. It's been on my mind, and I should have made time to ship them off. I'm taking them with me because I'll have nothing but time to ship them in a few days. I'll probably ship them from Auburn on Friday or Saturday. I'll let you know.

I really enjoyed the first Deus Ex back on PC way back when. (Although I'm sure I used cheat codes to finish it).

I'll probably eventually get this new one on :ps3: but I havent picked up a game new when it releases since maybe 2004.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']I just really hope that it's a sequel to Deus Ex, and not to Invisible War. IW was superpeen, I still haven't even beaten it.[/QUOTE]

I still have IW sealed for my PC and Original XBOX...:oops:

I finished the first one many moons ago, however.

I know it is no where near as good as the first but I never understood the absolute hatred some have for iw. I played it through twice and got enjoyment out of it.

That's the exact problem. The first one was so fantastic that having the second one just be average was a fucking crime. Not to mention it looks terrible and plays like a console FPS.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']That's the exact problem. The first one was so fantastic that having the second one just be average was a fucking crime. Not to mention it looks terrible and plays like a console FPS.[/QUOTE]

Is that why you harbor hate for fear since none of them have touched the first? If so I get where you are coming from.

[quote name='seanr1221']If Deus Ex sucks I'm blaming you guys.[/QUOTE]

Don't blame me, Im getting it on the superior (PC) platform. ;)

[quote name='CaseyRyback']Is that why you harbor hate for fear since none of them have touched the first? If so I get where you are coming from.[/QUOTE]

I actually really liked the second one. I disliked the third because it was no longer scary and didn't follow the established story at all. I wanted to find out what happened with Aristede and who the Senator was, not go on a bullshit COD-romp with an annoying sidekick.

Guy called about a job in Ohio (possibly Cincinnati) and I had a 25 minute phone interview. Tomorrow he wants to have another interview over Skype. It's weird and the first time I was asked for this. I hope he doesn't just want to see my cock.

Hit up the record store and scored big:
the Beatles - Help!
George Harrison - The Concert for Bangladesh
Fleetwood Mac - Rumours
Meatloaf - Bat Out of Hell
ZZ Top - Tres Hombres

I will admit that since I have played (at most) an hour of IW I'm not entirely justified in my assessment of its quality. I was planning on beating it this summer before HR came out but then I got stuck in overtime from hell. Still haven't even beaten Dead Space 2, Witcher 2 or Crysis 2 and I bought those all on release day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back