The FYE Coupon Thread

fairyland

CAGiversary!
Please check the last page in this thread to see the newest coupon. As of May 2010, It's been about 3 months without a 40% coupon, so I had changed the title to something more appropriate than 40% off as it seem unlikely we'd ever get those coupons again.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='deadite76']
bspcoupon12072009.jpg

[/QUOTE]
:whistle2:s

hahaha, thanks for the heads up though.

i would rather give them 5% instead.

[quote name='deadite76']Only one came up so far:

bspcoupon12072009.jpg

5% for one day, pretty disappointing. Hopefully there are some better ones out by the end of the year.[/QUOTE]

I hope to see that awesome 40% off coupon soon. There's some good movies coming out tomorrow and next tues that I want to pick up. My local fye for some odd reason has "used" copies of new releases within 24 hours of the movie being released for the most part.

That coupon use to be 40%. Damn bastards got smart and changed it to 30% lol.

Any of you guys know how to look up future FYE coupons? I tried signing up my email to them at store but I still don't receive anything from them. Isn't there a link to the coupons and just by changing the date on the url, you can look up future coupons or something like that?

[quote name='SakBee']Any of you guys know how to look up future FYE coupons? I tried signing up my email to them at store but I still don't receive anything from them. Isn't there a link to the coupons and just by changing the date on the url, you can look up future coupons or something like that?[/QUOTE]

You're right. Entering the date before the coupon start date in the URL would bring it up. In the past, they were usually available a month in advance. I've tried the remaining dates for December, but nothing comes up. Either they'll release more December coupons later on, or they're holding out until next year.

I went to FYE yesterday and they had some pretty good prices on some stuff, they had most of the $10 blus that Walmart/Target have and Eagle Eye used for ~$12.

[quote name='SakBee']That coupon use to be 40%. Damn bastards got smart and changed it to 30% lol.
[/QUOTE]

As far as I remember the FYEGUY coupons were always 30% off used & 20% off new.

They probably will have more 40% BSP coupons, but for the FYEGUY ones, you don't need a BSP nor do you need to print out any coupons, just give the cashier the promo codes and you're good.

Bezerrker, what's an FYEGUY coupons? I always thought the only coupons were from BSP. I'll take a 30% off any day :)

I need to go find those 30% off coupons now for the new items right?

It still would be nice to get the 40% off used which is actually 50% off with the card.

[quote name='SakBee']Bezerrker, what's an FYEGUY coupons? I always thought the only coupons were from BSP. I'll take a 30% off any day :)[/QUOTE]

Its the coupons they post on their twitter account. All you have to do is give them the coupon code:

FYEG20 - 20% off New CD/DVD/BR
FYEG30 - 30% off Used CD/DVD/BR

Theres one for $5 off a $40 purchase but I dont remember it, if you search through the thread you should be able to find it.

someone should just scan the $5 off $35 and the 40% off one used item coupons in the little BSP booklet, I would scan the latter when I find the fat USB cable I need to connect my scanner, but it will be a while till I pick it up otherwise.

Arakias, my wife signed up for the free Backstage Pass and the little booklet with the 40% off coupon has been changed to just 30% off. Also, the free $20 gift card has been changed. You now need to have TWO months recurring service before they can send out the $20 gift card. I know it sucks and I was surprised about the new changes when I found out.

Bezerker, thanks for the info! I'm likely not too use it though, only because the manager at my closest FYE in an asshole. When I told him I want to sign up for the free Backstage Pass so I could use the coupon inside the promotiobal booklet, he acted like a complete retard and pretend he didn't know about the coupon inside. And one time, I called to see how much a trade in value is for a game, and when I got there, he gave me $5 less than what he quoted me over the phone. I'm not the kind of guy who would argue so I just left. I can't see myself using the twitter coupon codes at his store w/o getting hassled by him. Thanks anyway again, for the info. :)

[quote name='SakBee']Arakias, my wife signed up for the free Backstage Pass and the little booklet with the 40% off coupon has been changed to just 30% off.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for update, if someone can scan the $5 off one that doesnt expire till 4/15/10 that would be appreciated, as soon as I get a hold of the USB cable I need (I guess early Jan with school and holidays) I will scan the 40% off one.

I really don't get the marketing strategy behind doing coupons all year long, except the last 2 weeks of the year when the malls are the busiest. Makes no sense, which fits perfectly in Transworld's standard operating procedures.

It really depends on what their wholesale costs are considering they sell just about everything for the SRP while most retailers regular prices are under the SRP.

Well i guess it depends on exactly who is working behind the counter to see if the code works. I tried it once before going to work and got the fyeg30 to work on robot chicken star wars part 2. I tried it again after work when I tried to buy another used dvd. The worker insisted that I have a piece of paper due to them having to have a physical copy of "something" to turn into at the end of the night. He said "i'm almost tempted to give you the discount anyway for remembering the code" What? lol

Anyway the codes actually do work. None of the workers i've talked to know about it or even know that fye has a twitter site. I think I might go back there tomorrow with my receipt and see if I can get a price adjustment or something if there is a different person working.

As far as hbk1313 says about the marketing is that if you have consistant ads and coupons being released with various sales that will keep people coming up to buy stuff just because its cheap enough. It is a good way to keep current customers and a get new customers. I rarely went into fye until I saw the 40% coupon here and signed up for the fye discount card. Now I go there all the time because of the coupons and discounts I get on everything in the store. Some of the dvds I got, I didn't even need to get but it was such a great bargin or part of the buy 2 get 1 free deal which included a discount on top of that. Those were used as christmas or birthday presents.

For the FYEguy coupons I had an issue where some stores were telling me I had to have something physical. I saved a pm FYEguy sent me saying "you can just tell them the codes, all stores have been informed" (i laughed about the "informed" part).

My suggestion would be to send FYEguy a PM saying that you're having issues, just let them know where the store is, and maybe say that they're doing it per the District Manager. What I did was I sent a PM to FYEguy saying that the DM told all the stores that you had to have a physical coupon, not even the code written down on a piece of paper. 3 days later two of my manager buddies told me that all the stores got multiple emails from the DM regarding how they should accept the twitter coupons without anything physical. Needless to say, FYEguy talked to the DM

12/15 - 12/17:

bspcoupon12142009a.jpg

bspcoupon12142009b.jpg

The 5% coupon showed up in my inbox today, but someone over at DVDTalk received the 10% one. Wonder what we'll get next week?

Are you able to use the 40% off coupon more than once on the same account and does anyone know if the coupon covers used box sets also ?

I picked up Fringe Season One on bluray for $24 and Underworld Trilogy bluray for $20 before taxes. This coupon is AWESOME!

[quote name='sev2500']Are you able to use the 40% off coupon more than once on the same account and does anyone know if the coupon covers used box sets also ?[/QUOTE]

Yes to both.

[quote name='sev2500']Are you able to use the 40% off coupon more than once on the same account and does anyone know if the coupon covers used box sets also ?[/QUOTE]

yes and yes... of course I'm gonna assume the box set is YMMV but I've never been rejected on them.

nice... this is the one I was looking for... had just checked last night for the new ones...

now to pick up the last few anime box sets I need that they had on sale....

i wanted to offer links to coupons from the BSP Vip booklet that I just took.

havnt had a chance to scan em, so here are photos, not sure if they will work because they are two sided but best i could do for you. perhaps just print the front side and see what happens. 40% off is curled unfortunately as I have had it for a long time.

[quote name='gravel']Unfortunately the email today had no coupons, anyone find any online?[/QUOTE]

They sent out a "secret" code for backstage pass members for $5 off $40 valid on cd's, dvd's, blu-ray's, and used: EMAIL1232010

[quote name='sasuke543']may i ask, but do you have to be a member in order to use these coupons?[/QUOTE]

Yes, you have to either be a backstage pass member ($13 a year or so) or an backstage pass VIP (free month trial available- $13 a month and you get small discounts on hotels and restaurants).

[quote name='david12795']Hmm my FYE is closing. Can we still use it on blu rays already discounted?[/QUOTE]

I kinda doubt it but you never know till ya try and I would definately try it

[quote name='gravel']Unless anything changed, the yearly BSP membership is $25.[/QUOTE]

$25 sounds more accurate. Thanks for the correction.

[quote name='SenorWooSuavA']Yes, you have to either be a backstage pass member ($13 a year or so) or an backstage pass VIP (free month trial available- $13 a month and you get small discounts on hotels and restaurants).[/QUOTE]

Is there really any benefits of being a VIP member? I mean I signed up for it and I've had it about 4 months now and thinking about just going to Backstage instead.

Thanks Deadite76 for posting the new coupons. For some reason FYE has not sent me any email coupons since the new year. I use these coupons quite a bit and I'm grateful you take the time to post them.

[quote name='neoz']Is there really any benefits of being a VIP member? I mean I signed up for it and I've had it about 4 months now and thinking about just going to Backstage instead.[/QUOTE]

Yea it's good if you eat out a lot and travel I think it's got some pretty good discounts. I had VIP for one month and couldn't find a single reason to use it.

[quote name='Starvin']Yea it's good if you eat out a lot and travel I think it's got some pretty good discounts. I had VIP for one month and couldn't find a single reason to use it.[/QUOTE]

Same here...also both Backstage Pass and Backstage Pass VIP save you 10% on all purchases.

Any word on the new coupons? I found a Star Wars TOS #3 box set that I really would like to get 40% off on. I don't understand why I don't get emails from FYE with coupons, so very odd. My backstage pass is almost due up, so I'll have to ask why when rejoining.

I tried the twitter code again yesterday when I bought season 20 of the simpsons, the cashier said it wouldnt work because the item was already on sale?
I've used it before when dvds where on sale and reg price before. Any one else have this issue? I'm kinda tempted to make some calls to see if I still cant get my extra 20% off.

bread's done
Back