2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yikes, if anyone has some additional information on the change to the bonus $5/ game it would be appreciated.

Whether it's one $5 bonus per transaction out a greater than $2 threshold.

Interesting if they changed it. I traded in the last 2 games I had from the 4 for 10 a few hours ago and got the $5 bonus on both games.

Well I went to trade in killzone, evolve, home front, nba 2k 18, horizon, fallout 4. Bonus appear on horizon and fallout 4? Manager double check the rules and give me the extra 15 adjustment on the 3 game with base of $2

Meanwhile in my area I have people selling the 4/10 games for 20 each...or trying to. Everything is listed at the price they think they should get from Gamestop in those rants you see everywhere.
People are stupid. Luckily I live in Chicago and will come across an idiot or two or just someone in need of cash. I offered a guy $40 for a couple older games and he's like no I want $140. I just laughed and asked him if he was smoking crack since gamestop wouldn't even give him how much I offered.

I traded in about 10 games earlier today and got the 5 on each game.
Granted the store was slammed and they didnt even check game conditions so who knows if it was accurate or not.
Located in Houston TX for those keeping score.

Yes, other game $6 base, got $12.20 for it. Killzone $2 base got $2.40 for it.

Edit: got 2 people confirming $5 bonus may be dead for $2 base games. Please report your findings if you trade in today. Thanks

Meanwhile in my area I have people selling the 4/10 games for 20 each...or trying to. Everything is listed at the price they think they should get from Gamestop in those rants you see everywhere.
This idiot wants $12 each, I wouldn't pay $12 for the bundle

i29zCNV.jpg

Are website trade in values still messed up? I was going to trade in Fallout 4 for $2.50 + $5.00 trade promo, but it's listed for sale for $6.99.
Showing as $2 base(PS4), $2.50 base(Xbox One) before the promo. Their prices were fine this morning with the ones I traded in.

Can confirm that killzone at least is dead. Tried to trade that in by itself and offered me 2.40 for it. Was told promo probably ended already. They probably excluded killzone from promo for some odd reason

When using a $ off preowned game coupon does the amount of the coupon come off the price of the game before or after pro/elite discount? TIA

Is the extra $5 trade in credit still working for the 4/$10 flips? I'm going to be trading in my 2 copies of DS Trilogy that got rejected by Amazon trade in. 

Is the extra $5 trade in credit still working for the 4/$10 flips? I'm going to be trading in my 2 copies of DS Trilogy that got rejected by Amazon trade in.
Yes. Just make sure your base is above $2. Seems like either (1) some games are no longer able to activate the promo or (2) they made it so it's above $2 to activate it and not at $2. More likely to be #2

I am surprised that the Killzone, Evolve and Homefront flip lasted as long as it did (Sun - Wed).

Usually they catch on by day 2.

Any other small flips with elite pro besides pubg and fallout 4 for xbone??? I wanted to get a couple games with my high ass credit and flip em. a pm would be appreciated.

Isn’t it as long as it has a base of $2 it would be eligible for $5 extra credit? They probably lowered the base value but the app is still showing the old value. They could’ve just increased the price of the games which they did, didn’t have to nuke the trade value too tf GS

It requires an override since the system isn't applying it anymore. Just traded in homefront right now and the manager was really cool about it and just overrode it for me.

Sheesh, makes me wonder just how many times these games were traded. I know some employees at my local GameStop were flipping as well. It's hilarious when even people on the inside don't give a f***.

This board feels like a really bad show where 12 detectives cant solve one crime. As a viewer you scream at the tv repeatedly. 'Pay attention morons!!!'

Can confirm $5 extra credit on $2 base games was still working at closing tonight. Traded about 10 $2 games but they were not the ones being flipped in this thread.

Big thank you to whoever mentioned the $2 VR headset. I was able to find one near me. Employee was surprised they had one, but was able to find it in storage. It was caked in dust since it was sitting on top of a shelf since 2017, but totally worth it.

It's really odd too. They would have to go in and change things so that only those 3 games didn't get the promo applied. And then you have to wonder how they came to that conclusion. Was it just a spike in those sales or something else.
Clearly this anomaly is the product of IATCG wreaking his vengeful justice upon us. This is the power of certified letters!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back