The Get Well Soon Jerry "The King" Lawler Wrestling Thread: King OK, Going Home Soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='advanced']Haha. My only experience with him is in the Prime Time Players tag team he's in now. I only recently got back into wrestling. Saw him Monday night and I couldn't shake that thought.

I'll go back to lurking now. :booty:[/QUOTE]

It's all good. D Young was a contestant on WWE NXT for the first "season". Black Cena moniker has been stuck with him ever since.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']I think Wrestlemania VIII is the earliest I can remember that the double main event concept was used. I was a little kid, and it seemed like a huge deal to me at the time.[/QUOTE]

I think it was Summerslam 1990 - Hogan/Quake and Rude/Warrior

I'm waiting for a Hell Comes To Frogtown Blu-Ray release.

RE: The Attitude Era

About 50% was amazing. The other was corny, cringe-worthy, lowbrow garbage.

[quote name='mitch079']I think it was Summerslam 1990 - Hogan/Quake and Rude/Warrior[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I guess that's right. I don't know why I forgot about that one. I was devastated when Hogan got attacked on the Brother Love Show.

[quote name='Dr. Venkman']
RE: The Attitude Era

About 50% was amazing. The other was corny, cringe-worthy, lowbrow garbage.[/QUOTE]
I'd take 50% Amazing and 50% corny, cringe-worthy, lowbrow garbage right now over 100% mediocrity

[quote name='ZForce']I'd take 50% Amazing and 50% corny, cringe-worthy, lowbrow garbage right now over 100% mediocrity[/QUOTE]

Fair enough.

There are times where I think "What if ECW had WCW's budget?"

Would that have made them better? Did ECW's budget make them the underdog, forcing them to take chances by being risky and such?

What if Bischoff had never been in control at WCW? What about Russo? Would WCW have died as soon or at all without either of those guys, the NWO or Goldberg?

ECW was forced to be creative precisely because they did not have a budget.

I don't think they'd be what we remember them as if they did, so I (politely) reject the very premise of that question.

I agree with Myke.

And my favorite "What If" is "What if the AOL merger with Time Warner did not happen?"

Of course, there are many questions one might ponder about WCW, but that's the biggest.

[quote name='mykevermin']ECW was forced to be creative precisely because they did not have a budget.

I don't think they'd be what we remember them as if they did, so I (politely) reject the very premise of that question.[/QUOTE]

I feel the exact same way. Just weird random "what if?" questions that pop into my retarded wrestling-fan train of thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back