The Get Well Soon Jerry "The King" Lawler Wrestling Thread: King OK, Going Home Soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='mykevermin']A burlap sack will be edited over Sable in every clip.

Steve Austin will be holding "Capri Suns."

Billy Gunn will now be known as "Mr. Nice."

The Godfather will run a women's shelter.

...ad nauseum.[/QUOTE]
"Austin 3:16 says, you have a nice day, sir!".

All that effort to unblur the WWF scratch logo and they're just going to end up blurring everything else. One step forward and five steps back. fuck...All my hate.

mizark.jpg

[quote name='pitfallharry219']"I'm a nice man!"[/QUOTE]

:lol: I would like to hear this.

"...And if you're not down with that, I have two words for you, 'Shhh, silence!'" *librarian shush finger*

Are we bringing back the term "international object" so as not to offend Linda's potential immigrant supporters?

[quote name='pitfallharry219']
mizark.jpg
[/QUOTE]

The Miz should team with Mark Henry while dressed just like this. "Mizark" is an amazing tag team name.

Maybe they'll bring back the giant red X ala Brutus Beefcake getting spurs to the head from Ron Bass. It would be hilarious to see two X's wrestle in front of a sea of X's.

I was taking a piss the other day, and started laughing out loud because I randomly remembered the "Knox sucks cocks!" chant Mike Knox received on one of the early WWECW live shows on Sci Fi.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']
mizark.jpg
[/QUOTE]
I might be the only person in this thread who, for the most part, hated the Attitude Era.

Makes me think of Walmart.

I love some stuff from the Attitude Era like the Austin/McMahon rivalry. But yeah there was a ton of lowbrow stuff from that era that I'm glad we've moved on from.

Funny they finalize Del Rey's deal as Beth Phoenix is on her way out and Kharma was released. Maybe they can put PAC under the Sin Cara mask and salvage the gimmick.

Oh goody, because WWE needs another woman wrestler to push for a little while and then ultimately bury. Thanks, Beth Phoenix, step right up, Sara Del Ray!

[quote name='mykevermin']Only time will tell, but maybe the Attitude Era can't stand on its own, and requires WCW to be enjoyable.[/QUOTE]

WWE heresy!

Let's see.

- Wrestler almost dies

- Guy dies and wrestlers attend funeral

- Ideas of an Uncensored game and Attitude DVD die.

- Beth Phoenix's WWE tenure is coming to an end.

There's too much death in this thread and it needs something positive.

I suggest you guys put on your sunglasses and check out something that involves a wrestler and the living for a change:

http://www.amazon.com/They-Collectors-Edition-Roddy-Piper/dp/B008VF0XVM

[quote name='Brak']I might be the only person in this thread who, for the most part, hated the Attitude Era.

Makes me think of Walmart.[/QUOTE]

It was fun to watch when it happened up until about 2000. I just stopped watching then it got so bad. Everything after WM 14 is hard to go back and watch. Before that was good though. Especially the Bret-Austin stuff.

Can someone explain to me how there can be a "second" main event?:whistle2:s I mean isn't it kind of implied that if something is the "main" event, there can be only one of them?

Co Main Event, thats what the UFC calls them. Always comes across as "Secondary Main Event" to me.

So both are main events, but one is the main main even ;)

Yeah, it's an "honorable mention" thing. Semantics meant to fool the fools, placate the stars, and market to dimwits.

Like when so-and-so WWE Sooperstar™ comes out to the ring for a match *after* the champ does. That is deliberately done to showcase the true star - not to bury the champ, mind you, but to emphasize (bold, underline, italicize) the "star attraction" of the show.

Which is another point entirely - the *TITLE* should be the showcase, but it hasn't been since Mick Foley's body was reasonably unbroken.

You know who the "star" of Game of Thrones is? The Iron fucking Throne. Everyone is vying for power, for authority, for respect, and for legitimacy in the form of the Throne. It's the "title" of the show, and everyone is more or less focused on it in some way, shape, or form. If you've read the books, it's much more evident (if you've only watched the program, it feels more like Starks = protagonists, Lannisters = antagonists).

If WWE produced the tv show, there would be a new king 7 times a season, and so-and-so (who is the most unbearable character in the series - Daenarys?) would be the king (or queen, I suppose) every other week.

[quote name='mykevermin']Yeah, it's an "honorable mention" thing. Semantics meant to fool the fools, placate the stars, and market to dimwits.

Like when so-and-so WWE Sooperstar™ comes out to the ring for a match *after* the champ does. That is deliberately done to showcase the true star - not to bury the champ, mind you, but to emphasize (bold, underline, italicize) the "star attraction" of the show.

Which is another point entirely - the *TITLE* should be the showcase, but it hasn't been since Mick Foley's body was reasonably unbroken.

You know who the "star" of Game of Thrones is? The Iron fucking Throne. Everyone is vying for power, for authority, for respect, and for legitimacy in the form of the Throne. It's the "title" of the show, and everyone is more or less focused on it in some way, shape, or form. If you've read the books, it's much more evident (if you've only watched the program, it feels more like Starks = protagonists, Lannisters = antagonists).

If WWE produced the tv show, there would be a new king 7 times a season, and so-and-so (who is the most unbearable character in the series - Daenarys?) would be the king (or queen, I suppose) every other week.[/QUOTE]
Too true, seems like these days the grudge matches are the main events. Somebody might be defending the title, but these two guys have had an ongoing feud all year long, and their match is the main event.

For the record, Dinklage is the star of Game of Thrones.;)

I think Wrestlemania VIII is the earliest I can remember that the double main event concept was used. I was a little kid, and it seemed like a huge deal to me at the time.

[quote name='JJSP']Funny they finalize Del Rey's deal as Beth Phoenix is on her way out and Kharma was released. Maybe they can put PAC under the Sin Cara mask and salvage the gimmick.[/QUOTE]

http://www.sescoops.com/spoiler-new-masked-luchador-debuts-in-wwe/

Or better yet: You get a Sin Cara! And you get a Sin Cara! And you! And you!

His name will undoubtedly be Paco Bell. "Botch to the border.(TM)"

And I always thought WWE bit off WCW and ECW to make the Attitude era, and never truly got to enjoy it. A lot of my friends, at the time, as a young teen, had been WCW and ECW fans. I had to enjoy WWE, mostly, on my own.

Sounds like Raw was butchered on Hulu:

To get an idea of WWE's new channel on Hulu Plus, a reader noted that this week's RAW was cut down to 90 minutes instead of 3 hours. The following segments were left out of the Hulu Plus broadcast this week:

* The backstage segment with Brad Maddox and AJ Lee

* Kofi Kingston vs. Dolph Ziggler

* The first diner segment with Kane and Daniel Bryan

* Santino Marella & Zack Ryder vs. Darren Young & Titus O'Neil

* The backstage segment that set up the six-man match and the entrances to that match

* Tyson Kidd vs. Wade Barrett

* Layla and Alicia Fox vs. Eve Torres and Beth Phoenix

I watched the Hulu version because I missed Monday night, and all the websites I used to use have been shut down this year. Was hoping they would leave matches in tact, and cut down on talkie talkie, but I knew it wouldn't be the case. Knew immediately something was up when it went from Punk and Heyman talking to AJ right into Punk and Foley.

If anyone can recommend a place to find Raw and other shows in their entirety besides youtube PM me please.

[quote name='advanced']Does anybody else think that Darren Young looks a lot like John Cena?
Darren-Young-wwe-14661204-624-388.jpg

WWE-superstars-2012.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Welcome to 2 years ago. Yes he does.

I swear they found Cena by staking out Army recruiting offices and just ambushing guys with an offer of a contract.

[quote name='slidecage']im shocked they kept Kharma on the roll this long .. anyone know why she never came back (did she ever have the baby or lose it)[/QUOTE]

She lost the baby, but lied about giving birth over Twitter due to emotional stress/depression.

[quote name='Habbler']Welcome to 2 years ago. Yes he does.[/QUOTE]

Haha. My only experience with him is in the Prime Time Players tag team he's in now. I only recently got back into wrestling. Saw him Monday night and I couldn't shake that thought.

I'll go back to lurking now. :booty:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back