The Get Well Soon Jerry "The King" Lawler Wrestling Thread: King OK, Going Home Soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
WWE has signed a huge deal with Hulu Plus:

WWE LAUNCHES ON HULU PLUS

STAMFORD, Conn., September 24, 2012 – WWE (NYSE: WWE) today announced an exclusive, multi-year agreement that will bring WWE programming to Hulu Plus. Starting today, Hulu Plus will offer WWE fans unlimited instant streaming access, additional content and programming on-the-go, as it becomes the exclusive home for next-day access to all WWE TV programming. Hulu Plus subscribers can also go to Hulu Latino to see WWE’s popular digital show, WWE En Español, the Spanish-language magazine program that recaps WWE’s most exciting moments each week.

Hulu Plus delivers one more way for WWE fans to access content and experience the WWE, offering the chance to relive or catch up on all of the action from WWE’s weekly television programs the next day. Subscribers can access content across mobile phones, tablets, PCs, internet-connected TVs, set-top boxes and gaming consoles. In addition, the Hulu Plus subscription service offers hit TV shows and award-winning movies anytime in HD when available for $7.99/month.

“As a clear leader in digital content delivery, Hulu is an ideal partner for WWE,” said Vince McMahon, WWE Chairman and CEO. “Hulu delivers more ways for our fans to experience WWE programming than ever before.”

For more information, visit www.WWEonHulu.com.

Hopefully they'll soon offer more than just Raw and SmackDown.. I'm switching from Netflix to Hulu this month (again), so this is great for me regardless.

Walmart is bundling old (-er) DVDs together for $6.98 each. The ones I saw were...

2010/11 Money in the Bank
2010/11 Elimination Chamber
2010/11 Extreme Rules
2010/11 Survivor Series
2010/11 TLC
2010/11 Fatal 4 Way
2010/11 Hell in a Cell

I grabbed the Survivor Series one with zero expectations. At $3.50 each, I guess they can simply go in the library if they're terrible. I didn't notice any of the single-wrestler compilations or WCW/ECW sets, just old PPVs.

[quote name='Scorch']WWE has signed a huge deal with Hulu Plus . . . [/QUOTE]

This is the closest WWE will ever get to launching "The WWE Network."

And I don't wear basketball shoes, which is probably the least "hip" way of referring to them, but those are tempting.

I think the Hogan ones look pretty cool

huIKp.jpg

Jake's are.. ehh..

PpMvb.jpg

No idea who this one is

YQola.jpg

LOD's are really nice, I like the style/colors a lot

pEyzg.jpg

I'm excited about the Hulu deal, since Raw is annoyingly difficult to watch if you don't have cable.

Honestly, this might push me to pay the $7.99 if it really is day-after full episodes.

SneakerFiles.com is reporting that Nike will be releasing a Jordan Aero Flight sneaker paying homage to the late “Macho Man” Randy Savage with a multicolored base that resembles many of his colorful outfits. The shoes are apparently bogus, as when contacted, Nike said they have no knowledge of the item and noted they’re not on their official product launch list.

[quote name='Halo05']Walmart is bundling old (-er) DVDs together for $6.98 each. The ones I saw were...

2010/11 Money in the Bank
2010/11 Elimination Chamber
2010/11 Extreme Rules
2010/11 Survivor Series
2010/11 TLC
2010/11 Fatal 4 Way
2010/11 Hell in a Cell

I grabbed the Survivor Series one with zero expectations. At $3.50 each, I guess they can simply go in the library if they're terrible. I didn't notice any of the single-wrestler compilations or WCW/ECW sets, just old PPVs.[/QUOTE]

hope they hit here soon... i do the hell in a cell... maybe SS... dont know if any of the rest r worth it.. thena gain only 3.50 each

That was a good TV match between Ziggler and Kofi in its own right, but JR made it seem so much better and way more important. Cole even seems bearable when teamed with JR.

[quote name='Scorch']WWE has signed a huge deal with Hulu Plus:

Hopefully they'll soon offer more than just Raw and SmackDown.. I'm switching from Netflix to Hulu this month (again), so this is great for me regardless.[/QUOTE]

now to see if the blu ray player can stream hulu

[quote name='musha666']That third pair to me looks like they would be Brutus Beefcake colors.[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah, spot on actually. Never thought of him.

Edit - Apparently, some fan was tired of Rybacks push. I'm with him.

Last edited by a moderator:
anyone notice the person who jumped the rail and jumped into the ring from the crowd during the miz match...

lets see last week someone grabbed a mic
this week someone jumped into the ring

wonder if its set up

[quote name='slidecage'] last week someone grabbed a mic
this week someone jumped into the ring

wonder if its set up[/QUOTE]

Really? Really? Really?!

:drool:

Some of WWE on Hulu is already up. The last 3-4 years of Smackdown are there, which includes the whole CM Punk-Jeff Hardy feud AKA the last interesting feud I remember.

[quote name='bardockkun']Some of WWE on Hulu is already up. The last 3-4 years of Smackdown are there, which includes the whole CM Punk-Jeff Hardy feud AKA the last interesting feud I remember.[/QUOTE]

just tv shows or is any of the ppvs up there as well

on top of that is any PPVs even on netflix

[quote name='slidecage']just tv shows or is any of the ppvs up there as well

on top of that is any PPVs even on netflix[/QUOTE]

Shows only and no PPVs on Netflix.

With that said - from pwinsider, a hearty thanks Linda, you self-serving *censored*

The November 20th release of WWE's Attitude Era DVD set may be delayed or canceled. Linda McMahon's Senate campaign has been under attack due to her WWE past and several videos from the Attitude Era were pulled offline after they were used in Democratic ads attacking Linda. When they were asked if the set would be including any of those clips, WWE said that they needed more time to answer.

Loved King, Heyman, Punk, Kofi and Dolph. Not digging the Ryback in the main event scene. Putting a careless guy in there with a depleted roster isn't going to help matters.

Full thoughts -
Heyman is by far the best manager in eons. I love how he applies little bits of logic to things like footage rolling that haven't been done in years. Loved how he pronounced Maddox - he and Punk looking NOT AMUSED when he came out was amusing. Loved AJ bringing back the shorts from last week, and her standing up to Punk and Heyman was great. She desperately needed credibility and that helped her. Heyman proposing to AJ was amazing, as was the slap. Everything about this ruled. It felt weird for them to show King getting chest compressions.

Weird deal with Brad and AJ. Made her seem a bit too heelish. Weird to have them have KOFI KINGSTON of all people talk to Dolph Ziggler about being a loser via a Twitter war. Truth dousing Vickie in water took longer to set up than many matches on Raw recently. Great no-hands flip dive from Kofi to set up the break. Criss Angel apparently tweeted about Little Jimmy. I don't really get what WWE gets out of these 'ambassadors'. They had a really good match here - and it was easily the most over Kofi's been since '09. The crowd was eating up near-falls for the Famouser and the SOS. A kid in the front row lost his shit over a crossbody from Kofi - it was awesome to see. Zig Zag won and goddamn this ruled. I'm so glad they got rid of the extra bullshit and just let them work because they damn near saved Kofi as a future singles act and did a lot to help Dolph too.

Great recap of the Bryan and Kane edition of SD. Bryan and Dr. Shelby met in a diner...and KANE WAS THEIR SERVER! #RawActive is to pick their team name. I'm fine with either Hell Yes or Hell No. J.R. tried to make the PTPs vs. Santino and Ryder seem important. This was hard to do after almost calling Criss Angel the greatest musician of the decade. Titus won with the Sky High and then somehow botched up COVERING SANTINO.They showed ANOTHER IMAGE OF KING BEING TREATED...ugh. YAY, there's a special guest again!

Mick came back...I didn't really know he was gone. He talked about Punk for 30 seconds and then got cut off by Punk. According to Cole, Mick's been a big supporter of Punk, which I never recall hearing about on-air before. He was great here - this was the best work he's done since the Rumble tease earlier this year. He made some great points and sold the next Cena-Punk match well. It reminded me of him trying to do the same for Edge-Taker before leaving in '08. Loved the end of this with Punk staring at the title seemingly wondering what it really meant after hearing Mick's words. Miz is going to face the Ryback. Oh boy.

Loved Ryback hitting a shouldermount powerslam out of the neckbreaker/reverse DDT deal. Loved the cute fan getting all jumpy when Ryback got near her. They zoomed in super close for the clothesline due to a fan run-in, and Ryback won with the Shellshock muscle buster. I liked that they're giving Ryback's moves names now. Kane ate in the diner with Bryan...oh the wacky visual of Kane in a diner booth ruled. And then they each climaxed in a Harry Met Sally moment with Mae Young wanting what they're having. I have no idea what to make of that. AJ met with the ref to...sorta threaten them, and then she met with Alberto, Otunga, and Ricardo to put them in a six-man tag. Barrett faced Kidd in another worthless match after he cut a promo about not wrestling worthless matches anymore. An ROH fan's shirt made it on-air during this. Barrett won with the elbow, now called DUE TO HIM TWEETING ABOUT IT, the Souvenier. The bare-knuckle badass shouldn't be tweeting, or calling his move something so stupid. King's interview is next, and he survived something only one in 260 people do...and I'm sure it's all due to WWE'S GREAT MEDICAL STAFF! WWE - WE SAVE LIVES!

The buildup was tacky, but they treated King with great respect and he seemed teary eyed from the reaction. His voice sounded worse than it did in the local TV interview that was up on Youtube, but he looked great (outside of being orange) and got a ton of cheers and claps from the crowd. This will go on the inevitable Best of Lawler set they put out. I wish they'd just cut to a break, because going to the six-man tag just felt weird. Loved seeing the return of the white and gold Mistico colors for Sin Cara. They went to a break during the intros for a second time. Loved the double suicide dive from Sin Cara and Rey onto Alberto and Ricardo - that was a nice little surprise there. Sin Cara taking a Jannetty clothesline sell for an Otunga shoulder block ruled too. Loved Alberto's enzugiri to the top while Rey was up there and the shining black to the back of Rey in the corner. Then Sheamus got tagged in, beat up Ricardo mercilessly, which led to the 619, an awesome rana into the barricade, and Sin Cara winning with the swanton. This was way better than I expected it to be. Cole called Sheamus one of the best world champions in history. This was the wrong time to do that since they said an hour ago that it's all about MOMENTS THAT DEFINE A LEGENDARY TITLE REIGN and Sheamus has had zero of them with this reign.

New diner skit with Kane and Bryan eating one another's food - apprently, Kane's a fan of spaghetti. Poor Kane got indigestion from the salad and Bryan upchucked on Shelby during a NO spell. This wasn't as funny as the other stuff tonight, but had a moment or two of comedy to it. Team Hell No is an option - YES! AND IT WON! YES! YES! YES! Loved having Cody and Sandow attack them since this should do well in the ratings. Team Rhodes Scholars would be better without team in its name. Sandow's new evolution of Sandow shirt rules. I'd buy it on clearance. Eve won a tag with her neckbreaker. Kaitlyn came out and has FOOTAGE! And the woman who attacked her WAS A BLONDE! This required "acting" from everyone, and was terrible. This storyline needs to end soon just due to the poor acting.

Brodus came out and they showed a Punk fan (thankfully a kid) doing a wacky dance. He's facing Tensai...this could actually be good. I love big man vs. big man matches like this. They did big man stuff, tried their splashes both belly and back, failed, and then Show came out to prove that he's the biggest of the big. Tensai won via DQ after the punch. Kinda odd to just have both guys do nothing. Loved Brodus CHARGING INTO THE PUNCH.That was over 9,000 right there. Loved loved loved this. And then Brodus made a silly face on the mat. Tremendous.

Show-Orton is happening on SD for some reason. Cena came out and they shilled the new anti-cancer merch NOW AVAILABLE AT LIVE EVENTS AND ON WWESHOP! Cena cut a promo on the fans and their support of the Komen deal even if they hate him BECAUSE THE WWE UNIVERSE IS JUST THAT POWERFUL. He started to call Punk a motherfucker and then went into some wacky "sorry guys GOTTA KEEP IT PG" non-swearing rampage that just made him come off as lame. AJ Lee said ass before and that came off as edgier than this. Heyman came out with Punk and leered at a creepy ginger fan and then pulled his hand back from a kid who tried to pat his hand. Loved this. Then he threatened Cena, gave him a chance to leave before he kicked his ass. And Cena had a pipe in his hand ready to attack. Cena was annoying here, and the PIPE BOMB punchline sucked. Loved Heyman holding the gold high in the air whenever possible. They showed Cena glad-handing the fans forever, and then Punk saw Foley backstage and attacked him with... a kick to the gut. That's it. Kinda lame. HOLY fuck RYBACK MIGHT BE FACING PUNK. Well they're determined to make him a star, but man is he not ready for this kind of role yet. He's not even able to have passable IC-level matches yet.

Screens -

#teamhellno

[quote name='JaytheGamefan']Not digging the Ryback in the main event scene. Putting a careless guy in there with a depleted roster isn't going to help matters.

[/QUOTE]

I like the idea. I'm sick of the same old guys in the top spots, this is different.

My wife laughed her ass off when she heard Ryback's entrance theme.

she could barely get out a "what/who the fuck is THAT" due to laughing so hard.

The past Smackdowns and NXT have always been on Hulu, but they were online only IIRC.

They had some past RAWs up yesterday when I browsed, but now I can't find them.

[quote name='mitch079']Shows only and no PPVs on Netflix.

With that said - from pwinsider, a hearty thanks Linda, you self-serving *censored*

The November 20th release of WWE's Attitude Era DVD set may be delayed or canceled. Linda McMahon's Senate campaign has been under attack due to her WWE past and several videos from the Attitude Era were pulled offline after they were used in Democratic ads attacking Linda. When they were asked if the set would be including any of those clips, WWE said that they needed more time to answer.[/QUOTE]

A later update I saw on this matter said that, consistent with the current programming, this video would be rated PG.

If it is, I'm totally canceling the pre-order.

[quote name='HydroX']The past Smackdowns and NXT have always been on Hulu, but they were online only IIRC.

They had some past RAWs up yesterday when I browsed, but now I can't find them.[/QUOTE]

WWE puts up complete episodes of SmackDown and Superstars on their YouTube channel, and had NXT every week before the show had a change-up. They also upload clips of SmackDown and Raw the night of the show. I haven't had to watch a full RAW in a long time.

This Hulu deal sorta screws with my schedule if WWE stops uploading shit to YouTube. Not that I watch every week, but I like having the option.

And, apparently, the background story between Mistico and Caras, Jr. is that Sin Cara had his crew draw guns on Del Rio on a recent stay in Mexico? There is said to be legit heat between the two.

[quote name='Chase']WWE puts up complete episodes of SmackDown and Superstars on their YouTube channel, and had NXT every week before the show had a change-up. They also upload clips of SmackDown and Raw the night of the show. I haven't had to watch a full RAW in a long time.

This Hulu deal sorta screws with my schedule if WWE stops uploading shit to YouTube. Not that I watch every week, but I like having the option.

And, apparently, the background story between Mistico and Caras, Jr. is that Sin Cara had his crew draw guns on Del Rio on a recent stay in Mexico? There is said to be legit heat between the two.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I know all about the YouTube thing. I religiously watch Raw there after its posted to avoid wasting 3 hours of my life watching this shit.

More re: Attitude Era release:

Asked Monday whether the title would contain any of the squashed material and why the organization was releasing the compilation after McMahon's election, WWE spokesman Brian Flinn told Don Michak of JournalInquirer.com he needed more time to respond. Flinn, however, noted to Lockhart that the title will be rated PG and consistent with how the company has marketed itself in recent years.

Knowing this, despite the footage being unblurred, I don't think I'll be picking this up (if it even gets released).

A burlap sack will be edited over Sable in every clip.

Steve Austin will be holding "Capri Suns."

Billy Gunn will now be known as "Mr. Nice."

The Godfather will run a women's shelter.

...ad nauseum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back