The Good, The Bad, and The Juggalo OTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
6082.coverspread.jpg

So in one of my classes we watched the original Invasion of the Body Snatchers and it was really enjoyable. Now we're watching the new Invasion with Nicole Kidman and it just seems super dumbed-down.

I'm reading a review of the Halo Legends :br: and I have a question for Halo fans:

When did the humans and the Covenant call a truce?

I don't remember anything like that in the games, outside of the Arbiter.

Well Wanted was a cool little bad ass action flick. I am glad I watched Night Watch and Day Watch first so I could like the over-the-top absurdity.

[quote name='flowery']Well Wanted was a cool little bad ass action flick. I am glad I watched Night Watch and Day Watch first so I could like the over-the-top absurdity.[/QUOTE]

I wish Wanted had stayed truer to the tone of the graphic novel, but it was at least entertaining.

How did you like Day Watch? I only saw Night Watch and thought it was cool, if a little rough around the edges.

[quote name='manthing']I'm reading a review of the Halo Legends :br: and I have a question for Halo fans:

I don't remember anything like that in the games, outside of the Arbiter.[/QUOTE]

You mean the Elites? It was after the Brutes took over as the main army of the Covenant. At the end of Halo 2.

[quote name='manthing']I'm reading a review of the Halo Legends :br: and I have a question for Halo fans:

I don't remember anything like that in the games, outside of the Arbiter.[/QUOTE]

I don't think the humans and the Covenant ever called a truce. However the humans and the Sangheili (Elites) called a truce after the Brutes forced them out of power in the Covenant.

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']I wish Wanted had stayed truer to the tone of the graphic novel, but it was at least entertaining.

How did you like Day Watch? I only saw Night Watch and thought it was cool, if a little rough around the edges.[/QUOTE]

I didn't know it was a graphic novel until I watched it. I may pick it up now.

I liked Day Watch though Night Watch felt like a better story to me. Both movies are really rough films to watch in a way. I really enjoyed them both though and hope the third and final film gets made.

[quote name='zewone']You mean the Elites? It was after the Brutes took over as the main army of the Covenant. At the end of Halo 2.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='darthbudge']I don't think the humans and the Covenant ever called a truce. However the humans and the Sangheili (Elites) called a truce after the Brutes forced them out of power in the Covenant.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's what I meant by the Arbiter comment.

But this review:

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Halo-Legends-Blu-ray-Review/6424/

says this:

describes the Forerunners' first encounters with the Flood, their construction and implementation of the Halo rings, the mounting conflicts that plagued humanity over the years, the arrival of the Covenant, the resurgence of a dormant threat, and the subsequent peace the UNSC forged with their sworn enemies.

There are spoilers in that review, if you care.

[quote name='manthing']Yeah, that's what I meant by the Arbiter comment.

But this review:

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Halo-Legends-Blu-ray-Review/6424/

says this:

There are spoilers in that review, if you care.[/QUOTE]

I haven't read, played or watched any of the story after the events of Halo 3. However, since all the prophets are killed by the end of Halo 3, the Covenant is in-effect disbanded and or freed from the ideals that they them enemies of the humans. With the Elites in charge now, they are willing to help the humans fight off the Flood.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']Has anyone seen Hunger? I read the review on BR.com and it looks fucking sick.[/QUOTE]

I've heard nothing but good things.

[quote name='Bioshocked360']I do.[/QUOTE]
Did you happen to see the picture he posted today? Tyler Durden picked up on it as well, but someone at NBC is in some deep shit.

Indeed. I wouldn't expect he'd post it if it wasn't true, but I dunno. Part of me thinks NBC wouldn't be stupid enough to actually post that up.

Like flowery said it sounds like a good lunch.

"Who you flinching at boy!"

edit: I don't see anything wrong with the lunch. It would be just like having mexican food offered on Cinco de Mayo or having corned beef on St. Patrick's day.

[quote name='Rocko']So in one of my classes we watched the original Invasion of the Body Snatchers and it was really enjoyable. Now we're watching the new Invasion with Nicole Kidman and it just seems super dumbed-down.[/QUOTE]

You should see the 90s version. Shitcity.

Political Correctness kills any kind of gestures these days.

That video had me looking around youtube and I stumble on the cruiser cam of the Rey Maualuga up in Northern Kentucky.

I don't think it's fair the tests they give like the Simon Says bull shit and the alphabet because that shit can be hard sober. Part 1 of 3:

Last edited by a moderator:
[BMHwas good, I cant wait for this sequel. "SOMEBODY, BEEN F*C*I* WITH MY MOTHERF*C*I* MONEY! WHO'S MONEY IS IT BIG BABY? IT'S MY MONEY MUTHAFACOS $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$"
IMG_0284-2-1.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_0284-2.jpg
IMG_0284-2-2.jpg
PlayStationHomePicture1-18-20101-7.jpg
PlayStationHomePicture1-18-20101-8.jpg
15_1.jpg
badclown.jpg
:whee::puke:

Played the AvP demo, it's okay I guess. It's kind of fun running around as an Alien/Predator. Both have one hit kills from behind, but the animation takes a while so you're left vulnerable. Even with regenerating health, the Alien seems too weak. The Marine really, really sucks though. The guns don't do all that much damage and aren't that accurate. You can't see shit as the Marine either, even with the flashlight. Healing yourself as the Marine takes way too long as well. I don't know why, but you can like, see enemies through walls and shit.

I guess you can only have so many Predators per game, and in the few games I played it was a mad dash to who got to pick the Predator first.

Demo was enough for me.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']Can't file my taxes until next week. :( It was the soonest our accountant could get us in.[/QUOTE]

Our accountant is family, so whenever we get them to her, they are filed and we just E-sign for them.

[quote name='Liquid 2']The 3g modem on my phone died for no reason tonight. :cool::cool::cool:

I'm going to have to go yell at some CS reps on Friday.[/QUOTE]

Actually, it's working again. Definitely getting it replaced though; I don't need it dying again.

[quote name='seanr1221']At the first boss in Darksiders and so far the game is badass. If any of you guys are fans of Zelda, pick this up.[/QUOTE]

Welcome to last month ;)

It is an awesome game, gets harder as you go along too. Also sequel is in the works for 2011/2012 :whee:

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Welcome to last month ;)

It is an awesome game, gets harder as you go along too. Also sequel is in the works for 2011/2012 :whee:[/QUOTE]

Not really.
Tiamat was probably the hardest boss.
The puzzles in the final dungeon were intricately annoying enough though.

[quote name='craven_fiend']Our accountant is family, so whenever we get them to her, they are filed and we just E-sign for them.[/QUOTE]

I had them done online with Turbofax, but my taxes are...complicated this year and extra stuff needs to be mailed in, so I'm just going to have some guy do them.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Not really.
Tiamat was probably the hardest boss.
The puzzles in the final dungeon were intricately annoying enough though.[/QUOTE]

Tiamat was a bitch...took me almost an hour to beat her ass. Turns out I had the wrong strategy, once I figured it out, I killed her pretty quick.

Once I finish NMH 2 (which I've got to say is disappointing) I'll probably skip The Saboteur, which I've found underwhelming, and play Darksiders.

[quote name='Rocko']Once I finish NMH 2 (which I've got to say is disappointing) I'll probably skip The Saboteur, which I've found underwhelming, and play Darksiders.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I still haven't touched it after that first mission.

[quote name='JolietJake']I've always been able to simply browse my network and find the printer. What is the problem you have?[/QUOTE]

That's what I've done. I can access it through the Network, but its not connecting to the printer. Tells me the server doesn't have the right drive.

Lame. I was hoping I could order FFXIII and use the 10$ on Heavy Rain, but I'll just go ahead and blow a full $120 on them.

I knew this would happen.

20g0ft4.jpg

The shitty part is that it happened while I took it to get the tire patched so if that asshole hadn't left a screw in the school parking lot this morning I would be :cool: right now. The super shitty part is that half the clips on the dash that hold the bezel and radio are fucked up so I can't even easily replace it. Apparently it was locked and they used a screwdriver to jimmy the lock. I guess it's pretty cool that these black/brown guys didn't smash my windows, though. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

Do white people have to deal with this in the suburbs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back