The Home Arcade Tremendous Deals and Discussion Thread

MinDRIoT

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (97%)
Having recently acquired a couple of tremendous Arcade1Up machines on sale at a local Walmart. Very tremendous. I thought we needed a dedicated Arcade1Up deals thread to keep track of deals. I know deals people, believe me.

These deals are very YMMV but it seems many, many Walmarts are clearing these out right now. Clearing them out. Brickseek links provided where available, check your local stores for price and availability. Brickseek is not 100% accurate though, as I said ... YMMV.

Search your local area, or any ZIP, for in store deals with deals.consolekits.com (Site no longer exists)

Asteroids, Major Havoc, Lunar Lander and Tempest - as low as $75 in store, very hard to find or $164.99 online

Centipede, Millipede, Missile Command, Crystal Castles - as low as $75 in store, very hard to find or $174.99 online

Final Fight, 1944, Ghosts'N Goblins, Strider - as low as $125 in store $150 at Walmart online

Galaga, Galaxian - as low as $75 in store $150 at Walmart online

Mortal Kombat I,II & III - as low as $150 in store $199 at Walmart online

Pacman, Pacman PLUS - as low as $150 in store

Rampage, Gauntlet, Joust, Defender - as low as $75 in store $199 at Walmart online

Space Invaders - as low as $75 in store $150 at Walmart online

Street Fighter ll - as low as $75 in store $199 at Walmart online

Golden Tee - $299 at Walmart

Marvel Superheroes - $299 at Walmart

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Arcade Machine w/ Riser - $349 at Walmart

Star Wars w/riser - $399 at Walmart

Pac-Man Head to Head Arcade Table with Two Pac-Man Gaming Stools (No Galaga or DigDug)- $450 at Sam's

Street Fighter Head to Head Arcade Table - $430 at Walmart

Legends Ultimate Home Arcade Special Edition - $500 at Sam's

Arcade1up Riser - $44.88 online or order for instore pickup

I myself picked up the Final Fight and Rampage machines for $125 each for the Oval Office in the White CatCondo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kind of. Here’s exactly what happened:

Looked on brickseek one day. Store had 6 in stock out of nowhere. Went on Walmart.com and it actually let me order for in store pickup at the $75. Walmart sucks, so a full day later I get an email that it’s no longer in stock (clearly someone bought all 6 in the last 24 hours. This particular Walmart sucks at in store pickup). Email says order delayed. A few days later I get another email saying it was shipped to the store and they have it now.

I go in, pick it up, chat with the guy at pickup counter about the $75, says no big deal it should automatically change to the $75. Pickup complete, I get my email receipt and it’s the full $300. I push my cart 10 feet over to service desk, kindly explain to the woman (who was actually friendly and nice, I was shocked) about the $75. She looks it up in system. Says ok. Let’s do a return rebuy.

We do. I get it for $76. Everyone is happy. Easy peasy.
Same for me, except I read the above story and deliberately did what they kind of stumbled into.

Just as an FYI, for those willing to roll the dice or if they want to get a bunch of machines at once, directliquidation dot com has daily auctions with these machines as customer returns. I only want one machine so I'm waiting for the "next big sale" but you can nab a good auction here with a bunch of different cabs.

PS: Make sure you search Arcade1Up in the search bar.

PSS: If you are in the North New Jersey, US area and you win one of these auctions, please let me know and I'll buy a non-working cab, you can take all the guts/cp/monitor/etc, just need the frame.
Trying this out now. First hit is https://www.directliquidation.com/auction/326263-pallet-5-pcs-video-games-other-customer-returns-arcade1up/

Someone is paying $2000 for five used Arcade1Up cabinets? Uhhh

Kind of. Here’s exactly what happened:

Looked on brickseek one day. Store had 6 in stock out of nowhere. Went on Walmart and it actually let me order for in store pickup at the $75. Walmart sucks, so a full day later I get an email that it’s no longer in stock (clearly someone bought all 6 in the last 24 hours. This particular Walmart sucks at in store pickup). Email says order delayed. A few days later I get another email saying it was shipped to the store and they have it now.

I go in, pick it up, chat with the guy at pickup counter about the $75, says no big deal it should automatically change to the $75. Pickup complete, I get my email receipt and it’s the full $300. I push my cart 10 feet over to service desk, kindly explain to the woman (who was actually friendly and nice, I was shocked) about the $75. She looks it up in system. Says ok. Let’s do a return rebuy.

We do. I get it for $76. Everyone is happy. Easy peasy.
Got it. Here's step by step what I did. I bought an Asteroids cabinet from a Walmart near me for $199.00. I took that cab to another Walmart where Brickseek had the price set at $75 where they laughed me off and said they couldn't do any type of return/rebuy with merchandise from another store. I left. I went to another Walmart . . . they said something similar but argued that the price wasn't $75. I got tired of shenanigans so I just went back to my car, took out my cab, brought it into the store, returned it for full price back, then asked if I could rebuy it from the store. The lady said, and I quote "Yea I guess you can". She rung it up, it was $75, and I got my deal.

What I learned is that there is a chance that this could work with a Ship To Store where there is zero stock as long as Brickseek or the main Walmart site shows it at $75. You might have to Walmart hop until you find someone to do this and hopefully you live in a highly Walmart populated region like myself where you can get to 10 different Walmarts in 30 minutes. Just to be clear this method is not allowed and is by no means a slam dunk, but hey it's zero risk. Worst case scenario, you just return the cab . . . didn't work . . . oh well. I'd be interested to see if this works for anyone else.

Same for me, except I read the above story and deliberately did what they kind of stumbled into.
To be honest, it’s pretty much what I expected to happen after the pickup got delayed. I also expected to have to argue but was pleasantly surprised that both people I talked to were nice and helpful. I really didn’t need or even want that cabinet, but at $75 it was worth a shot. If they wouldn’t give it to me for $75, I’d have just walked away. Happy it worked out.

Got it. Here's step by step what I did. I bought an Asteroids cabinet from a Walmart near me for $199.00. I took that cab to another Walmart where Brickseek had the price set at $75 where they laughed me off and said they couldn't do any type of return/rebuy with merchandise from another store. I left. I went to another Walmart . . . they said something similar but argued that the price wasn't $75. I got tired of shenanigans so I just went back to my car, took out my cab, brought it into the store, returned it for full price back, then asked if I could rebuy it from the store. The lady said, and I quote "Yea I guess you can".
Many places play the “we can’t let you buy something you just returned” card so that’s always a crap shoot. One target by me is extremely strict with things like that and price matching and such. Won’t let you return/rebuy. My response to that is that I won’t shop in that store.

Trying this out now. First hit is https://www.directliquidation.com/auction/326263-pallet-5-pcs-video-games-other-customer-returns-arcade1up/

Someone is paying $2000 for five used Arcade1Up cabinets? Uhhh
Just have to keep hunting/waiting, here's one that sold for something reasonable:

https://www.directliquidation.com/auction/265460-pallet-5-pcs-video-games-other-customer-returns-arcade-1up/

and this one

https://www.directliquidation.com/auction/315445-pallet-8-pcs-video-games-other-customer-returns-arcade-1up/

and this one

https://www.directliquidation.com/auction/253512-pallet-9-pcs-video-games-other-customer-returns-arcade1up/

so just have to keep on it . . . if you plan on actually doing it. It looks like there are different deals every couple days.

Just a heads up, if you were looking into getting one of the Mortal Kombat cabinets, apparently Walmart is pulling them/has pulled them due to "violent nature".

Just a heads up, if you were looking into getting one of the Mortal Kombat cabinets, apparently Walmart is pulling them/has pulled them due to "violent nature".
What a time to be alive, guess it's better for kids to be playing with these:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/RWS-Model-350-22-Cal-Combo/44680701

and

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Daisy-Powerline-5501-CO2-Blowback-Air-Pistol/49303099

Rather than this Arcade1Up Mortal Kombat:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Mortal-Kombat-Arcade-Machine-Arcade1UP-4ft-Includes-Mortal-Kombat-I-II-III-Walmart-Exclusive/562017574

What's wrong with this planet? I grew up playing Splatterhouse, Wolfenstein, and Doom . . . so far, 0 kills IRL.

They gonna pull cowboy, cop, war, gangsta and mob movies as well? Desperately pointing everywhere.

I'm glad I don't shop at Walmart, sucks about MK though. =/ Like a 10 year old is really going to buy an expensive cabinet like that. Maybe they should impose a dress code in the store and not let ghetto people in as well.

In MK3 Liu Kang has a fatality where a Mortal Kombat cabinet crushes his opponent to death. Because of the Arcade1Ups' smaller size people might actually try that.

Arcade1up Stools in stock at best buy

I can't post a link because I'm new I don't have three posts

I purchased all 4 they had on-site

Arcade1up Stools in stock at best buy

I can't post a link because I'm new I don't have three posts

I purchased all 4 they had on-site
Interesting. So those stools and light up marquee's are from Arcade1Up? I couldn't find them mentioned on arcade1up.com at all.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?st=arcade1up&_dyncharset=UTF-8&id=pcat17071&type=page&sc=Global&cp=1&nrp=&sp=&qp=&list=n&af=true&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960&keys=keys

That sucks since MK is a WM exclusive, at least per the wm.com product listing.

Interesting. So those stools and light up marquee's are from Arcade1Up? I couldn't find them mentioned on arcade1up.com at all.
The owner's manual .pdf linked in the description of the stool is produced by Arcade1Up so seems to be their product.

yeah idk, the site is also showing me local stores with stock, maybe they reversed on it
Same. Was this officially announced anywhere?

I would like one, but don't necessarily want to get it right now However, I almost considered going out to a local Walmart and grabbing one, when I thought this might actually be happening.

Got it. Here's step by step what I did. I bought an Asteroids cabinet from a Walmart near me for $199.00. I took that cab to another Walmart where Brickseek had the price set at $75 where they laughed me off and said they couldn't do any type of return/rebuy with merchandise from another store. I left. I went to another Walmart . . . they said something similar but argued that the price wasn't $75. I got tired of shenanigans so I just went back to my car, took out my cab, brought it into the store, returned it for full price back, then asked if I could rebuy it from the store. The lady said, and I quote "Yea I guess you can". She rung it up, it was $75, and I got my deal.

What I learned is that there is a chance that this could work with a Ship To Store where there is zero stock as long as Brickseek or the main Walmart site shows it at $75. You might have to Walmart hop until you find someone to do this and hopefully you live in a highly Walmart populated region like myself where you can get to 10 different Walmarts in 30 minutes. Just to be clear this method is not allowed and is by no means a slam dunk, but hey it's zero risk. Worst case scenario, you just return the cab . . . didn't work . . . oh well. I'd be interested to see if this works for anyone else.
After a couple of trips to WalMarts where BS said they had "Limited Stock" of the Asteroids and Centipede cabs fro $75 with no success, I ordered both online on Tuesday for pickup at a WalMart that had them on BS for $75 each (one of the stores that didn't actually have them in stock even though BS said they did).

Went to pick the up today and told the "in store pickup" guy that since they were listed for less in-store than what I paid online, could I get them at the lower price. He said that shouldn't be a problem....I just needed to pick them up from him (confirming on his handheld device that I had picked them up) and then go to the Service desk and they should be able to get the difference back to me. He did confirm that both were listed as $75 for in-store purchase.

I was a bit skeptical that it would be that easy, but when I sent to the service desk and told the guy I wanted to get the lower price. He quickly talked to his manager, who initially said something about not being sure it would be that easy because the process of returning them and then getting them available for resale might not be that quick, but in less than a minute they were processing the returns and then letting me repurchase them at the lower price. I'm pretty sure the manager (and maybe some of the other people I talked to) knew what I was trying to do, but since I was nice about it and didn't try lying to them, they were nice enough about it and I was in and out of there in about 15 minutes total. All in all, it was a great buying experience and the people I talked to were all very friendly and helpful. Of course, YMMV.

Any word on when the TMNT cab will go up for sale?
On Twitter, Arcade1Up has confirmed that the TMNT cabinet will be released in October, that it is a "Walmart machine" (which probably means that it's exclusive to Walmart), and that it will not be available to pre-order.

In Canada, the TMNT cab with riser is currently available to pre-order from EB Games for $549.99 (about $414 US dollars as of today), which is the only indication we've gotten so far on how much it will cost in the US.

https://www.ebgames.ca/Toys-Collectibles/Games/771816/tmnt-arcade-with-riser

Picked up the Arcade1up stools I ordered from Best Buy today

I tried to post a picture from imgur but for some reason says can't find the page

Picked up the Arcade1up stools I ordered from Best Buy today

I tried to post a picture from imgur but for some reason says can't find the page
Was so pumped when they were announced ages ago- really wanted a pacman one. Took too long t release them and they cost too much. Bad timing too- just bought too small chairs for our cabinets a week ago.

I’d have really wanted a pacman and a golden tee one too if they came out sooner and were a little cheaper.

FYI- Walmart now has a page up on their website for the TMNT cab with riser- https://www.walmart.com/ip/TMNT-with-Riser-Arcade1Up-815221029484/355692464

They also now have pages set up for the Marvel cab without riser (https://www.walmart.com/ip/Marvel-Superheroes-Arcade-Machine-Arcade1UP-4ft/347736344) and with riser (https://www.walmart.com/ip/Marvel-with-Riser/837250795), and the one with riser can be purchased now.

Who knows if these prices will stick, though, as $349.99 for TMNT is cheaper than expected, and the Marvel cab with riser is $150 more than the one without a riser.

FYI- Walmart now has a page up on their website for the TMNT cab with riser- https://www.walmart.com/ip/TMNT-with-Riser-Arcade1Up-815221029484/355692464

They also now have pages set up for the Marvel cab without riser (https://www.walmart.com/ip/Marvel-Superheroes-Arcade-Machine-Arcade1UP-4ft/347736344) and with riser (https://www.walmart.com/ip/Marvel-with-Riser/837250795), and the one with riser can be purchased now.

Who knows if these prices will stick, though, as $349.99 for TMNT is cheaper than expected, and the Marvel cab with riser is $150 more than the one without a riser.
At E3 they did say that Turtles one would cost $350 because of the 4-player deck but I thought that was just the base model without riser. Pretty sweet if it includes it in the price, though.

I'm assuming the listing probably hasn't been finalized and that's way there's an out of stock listing for it.

FYI- Walmart now has a page up on their website for the TMNT cab with riser- https://www.walmart.com/ip/TMNT-with-Riser-Arcade1Up-815221029484/355692464

I'm actually really tempted to get this at full price, even though I don't really have the room for it. Looks like a really nice machine, and had too many fond memories of it back in the day.

I think I'm done modding my Asteroids unit (except for making a lit marquee or replacing the bottom-front panel). I need a different one for $75 to start working on :D

attachicon.gif
IMG_20190725_203004.jpg
I both love and laugh at this mod. I picked up an Asteroids cabinet for $75 and was looking to something just like this, so thanks for showing the pic of the button placements!

However, that plasma ball made me laugh like hell because it looks so out of place to me. It's like a big glowing tumor, LOL.

I also picked up a Centipede cabinet for $75 and I plan on modding that for my favorite vertical games by adding a spinner and 4-way joystick.

I both love and laugh at this mod. I picked up an Asteroids cabinet for $75 and was looking to something just like this, so thanks for showing the pic of the button placements!

However, that plasma ball made me laugh like hell because it looks so out of place to me. It's like a big glowing tumor, LOL.

I also picked up a Centipede cabinet for $75 and I plan on modding that for my favorite vertical games by adding a spinner and 4-way joystick.
I wanted to make it very personalized, lol. I have a light-up plastic moon that I'm thinking of mounting on it too, just to make it more space-y. Also, if there's ever a small child around, they can play with the plasma ball and not mess up the actual controls :D

I wanted to make it very personalized, lol. I have a light-up plastic moon that I'm thinking of mounting on it too, just to make it more space-y. Also, if there's ever a small child around, they can play with the plasma ball and not mess up the actual controls :D
That is genius!

Turtles Cab Is Up for Pre-Order on Wal*Mart!!!  Just placed preorder.  The est date is 11/21

Just a word for those who are going to be preordering any of these from Wal*Mart:  I'd have them shipped to a store for safety.  This cabinets are coming out close to the holiday season and they are shipped in their original boxes for delivery.  All the package thieves will be on the prowl, in full force.  Just a heads up.

Sold out eh? Can't justify $350 anyway since it's just a novelty item and I've no room for it. One day I'll just build cabs or restore originals. . .

Just a word for those who are going to be preordering any of these from Wal*Mart: I'd have them shipped to a store for safety. This cabinets are coming out close to the holiday season and they are shipped in their original boxes for delivery. All the package thieves will be on the prowl, in full force. Just a heads up.
I had my order shipped to a Walmart store, I don't trust my neighborhood, lol

That's a good idea. I've got 3 young kids and if I had a plasma ball on my cabinet, they'd be filling with it all the time while someone else (often me) is trying to play a game. But I do like the personal touch :D

I noticed last night while I did my weekly round of "Is it on sale?" that Walmart was now selling the Arcade1up Cocktail tables, Star Wars, and the non-Limited version of Marvel Superheroes. So I cancelled my Gamestop order, since well I don't trust them to be in business by the end of the year to be honest, and ordered with Walmart. 

Just noticed hagz mentioned the Star Wars cabinet earlier in the thread thanks man. I guess my notifications must be off on this one so I missed it. :)

I noticed last night while I did my weekly round of "Is it on sale?" that Walmart was now selling the Arcade1up Cocktail tables, Star Wars, and the non-Limited version of Marvel Superheroes. So I cancelled my Gamestop order, since well I don't trust them to be in business by the end of the year to be honest, and ordered with Walmart.

Just noticed hagz mentioned the Star Wars cabinet earlier in the thread thanks man. I guess my notifications must be off on this one so I missed it. :)
You seriously think a company with hundreds of millions in cash reserves is going to go tits up in the middle of the holiday shopping season?

You seriously think a company with hundreds of millions in cash reserves is going to go tits up in the middle of the holiday shopping season?
I didn't give it serious thought, nor would I have reason to, I'm just not trusting their current direction. Game Informer magazine shuttering, recent downsizing at Game Informer online, Thinkgeek's website gone, no buyer for the company when put on the market, etc.

That is just all on the surface, a detailed analysis would reveal more I imagine, both good and bad I'm sure. I'm just saying I don't trust these guys to deliver on a product that I want for the holiday season.

My experience with my own Gamestop order gave me pause already, they cancelled my initial orders and had to finally use Paypal as a mediator in order to order it.

bread's done
Back