The Home Arcade Tremendous Deals and Discussion Thread

MinDRIoT

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (97%)
Having recently acquired a couple of tremendous Arcade1Up machines on sale at a local Walmart. Very tremendous. I thought we needed a dedicated Arcade1Up deals thread to keep track of deals. I know deals people, believe me.

These deals are very YMMV but it seems many, many Walmarts are clearing these out right now. Clearing them out. Brickseek links provided where available, check your local stores for price and availability. Brickseek is not 100% accurate though, as I said ... YMMV.

Search your local area, or any ZIP, for in store deals with deals.consolekits.com (Site no longer exists)

Asteroids, Major Havoc, Lunar Lander and Tempest - as low as $75 in store, very hard to find or $164.99 online

Centipede, Millipede, Missile Command, Crystal Castles - as low as $75 in store, very hard to find or $174.99 online

Final Fight, 1944, Ghosts'N Goblins, Strider - as low as $125 in store $150 at Walmart online

Galaga, Galaxian - as low as $75 in store $150 at Walmart online

Mortal Kombat I,II & III - as low as $150 in store $199 at Walmart online

Pacman, Pacman PLUS - as low as $150 in store

Rampage, Gauntlet, Joust, Defender - as low as $75 in store $199 at Walmart online

Space Invaders - as low as $75 in store $150 at Walmart online

Street Fighter ll - as low as $75 in store $199 at Walmart online

Golden Tee - $299 at Walmart

Marvel Superheroes - $299 at Walmart

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Arcade Machine w/ Riser - $349 at Walmart

Star Wars w/riser - $399 at Walmart

Pac-Man Head to Head Arcade Table with Two Pac-Man Gaming Stools (No Galaga or DigDug)- $450 at Sam's

Street Fighter Head to Head Arcade Table - $430 at Walmart

Legends Ultimate Home Arcade Special Edition - $500 at Sam's

Arcade1up Riser - $44.88 online or order for instore pickup

I myself picked up the Final Fight and Rampage machines for $125 each for the Oval Office in the White CatCondo.

Last edited by a moderator:
RTG85 from YouTube said his Walmart.com TMNT order was shipped via FedEx, not UPS. He also said it was packacked much better than previous cabinets he got from Walmart and had no issues with damage.

I wonder if Arcade1Up has been getting a bunch of cancellation requests for their exclusive Marvel cabinet given that the standard release has already been showing up at retail. I just got this e-mail where they made sure to mention why it's worth the wait and how it can't be cancelled:
I'd definitely go with the SE but I just realized they charge $45 for shipping. Ouch.

Sheesh.  Store 20 miles from me showing 6+ rampage for $154.  Kinda tempting but as small as it is dont really have the space. 

Join the club. I'd love to get Final Fight for $200 or less.
I'm glad I was able to get Pac-Man, Final Fight, Mortal Kombat, and Rampage for $150. However, after putting together the TMNT cab last night and trying it out, I immediately thought "oh, crap.... what if Arcade1Up is able to do 'The Simpsons'"? When I got those 4 cabs when they were clearanced, I didn't really think of the possibility of many MORE. The fact that they were clearanced gave me the impression that maybe these weren't overly successful. Soon enough, they announce TMNT.... Marvel Super Heroes.... Star Wars.... those were all instant buys for me. How in the world am I now collecting 3/4 size arcade machines???? They were never even on my radar until this forum alerted me to the clearance prices and my closest Wal-Mart was selling them at that price. I would've been more selective originally and probably not got Mortal Kombat. It is so easy now for me to "have" to have certain machines. Right now, I am hoping Nintendo won't give them a license. I won't be able to deal with it.

Plus, what I really like is how they look. Obviously, they are an expensive way to play these games at MSRP, which I am paying for the 3 latest cabs. I really want the Pac-Man cocktail table, too, even though I have the upright.

I'm glad I was able to get Pac-Man, Final Fight, Mortal Kombat, and Rampage for $150. However, after putting together the TMNT cab last night and trying it out, I immediately thought "oh, crap.... what if Arcade1Up is able to do 'The Simpsons'"? When I got those 4 cabs when they were clearanced, I didn't really think of the possibility of many MORE. The fact that they were clearanced gave me the impression that maybe these weren't overly successful. Soon enough, they announce TMNT.... Marvel Super Heroes.... Star Wars.... those were all instant buys for me. How in the world am I now collecting 3/4 size arcade machines???? They were never even on my radar until this forum alerted me to the clearance prices and my closest Wal-Mart was selling them at that price. I would've been more selective originally and probably not got Mortal Kombat. It is so easy now for me to "have" to have certain machines. Right now, I am hoping Nintendo won't give them a license. I won't be able to deal with it.

Plus, what I really like is how they look. Obviously, they are an expensive way to play these games at MSRP, which I am paying for the 3 latest cabs. I really want the Pac-Man cocktail table, too, even though I have the upright.
I've only seen a few around me for under $200 and they've all been ones I don't want to own, either Astroids or Street Fighter 2, which I would buy if I saw it new for $150 or less, I have not seen it that cheap outside open box and display units.

I have limited space in my Game Room right now too so I can realistically only fit two of these in. Been keeping an eye out for a deal on Final Fight, but are all the full $300 around me. Costco has started to carry them with the risers and a stool and I think I would buy Final Fight if I saw it there in the bundle for $300. I really want that Marvel cabinet too. TMNT would be my third pick just because it's only the two games and like you had mentioned if they manage to get the licenses for Simpsons arcade, I'd much rather have that.

If Komani release The Simpsons, Mystic Warriors, and Sunset Riders on a future Arcade 1 up release, I'm buying that and TMNT for some fun 4 player co-op beat em night game nights

they should bring this out:

6 players with double screen
0000541_xmen-6-player-x-men-x-men.jpeg

Really tempted to get the final fight cab that just turned $154 at my local Wal-Mart. Should it get any cheaper within the next 30 days, is there any way I could price adjust? I just remember something similar happened to centipede before it hit the sweet spot of $75

Really tempted to get the final fight cab that just turned $154 at my local Wal-Mart. Should it get any cheaper within the next 30 days, is there any way I could price adjust? I just remember something similar happened to centipede before it hit the sweet spot of $75
I'd personally go and grab it at $154.

Wow I've had the same fears! I live in NYC so my room is extremely limited which is why I haven't pulled the trigger at these insane deals. If they announce the Simpsons though that's a full retail/pre-order with the riser/chair etc... purchase.

If you find yourself "collecting" these I'd recommend at least 1 that has short, arcade style high-score game play. It really helps change up the dynamic of whatever game room you have them in.

The only machines I'd personally pass on are Space Invaders (It's 1 game, sadly not a great deal even discounted unless you're going to mod it), Golden Tee (personal pref), and any trackball game that isn't the 12-in 1.

If I saw the Final Fight cab I'd pick it up pronto for the other games included in it. Street Fighter and MK would likely be last on my list along with Pac-Man. I'm debating if I want Star Wars or Marvel; I'm happy that Marvel is a fighter/side-scrolling beat em' up with The Punisher; then again it'd be nice to have a totally different game/control scheme like Star Wars. Let's hope for some kind of black Friday deal. 

If you find yourself "collecting" these I'd recommend at least 1 that has short, arcade style high-score game play. It really helps change up the dynamic of whatever game room you have them in.

The only machines I'd personally pass on are Space Invaders (It's 1 game, sadly not a great deal even discounted unless you're going to mod it), Golden Tee (personal pref), and any trackball game that isn't the 12-in 1.

If I saw the Final Fight cab I'd pick it up pronto for the other games included in it. Street Fighter and MK would likely be last on my list along with Pac-Man. I'm debating if I want Star Wars or Marvel; I'm happy that Marvel is a fighter/side-scrolling beat em' up with The Punisher; then again it'd be nice to have a totally different game/control scheme like Star Wars. Let's hope for some kind of black Friday deal.
The only one I'd personally be interested in is Golden Tee. Does that one ever go on sale? Looks like it's crossed out in the original post here and it's still $400 at any that show up on brickseek near me.

The only one I'd personally be interested in is Golden Tee. Does that one ever go on sale? Looks like it's crossed out in the original post here and it's still $400 at any that show up on brickseek near me.
I've seen it on sale at Dillard's once. I forget what the price was - I am not sure they even listed the price. It may have just said "30% off" or something like that. For some reason, they were stacked on the floor in front of the perfume section.

Amazing! What region has this Final Fight cab marked down?

Are X-Men and Simpsons cabs even possible?  I ask that because all of the other cabs have had relatively uniformed theming, mainly the publisher (Capcom, Konami, Midway, etc) and the series (Marvel, Star Wars).  I could be totally wrong, but didn't Konami only make the X-Men game for Marvel?  I know that there was a Spider-Man beat-em-up made but I'm pretty sure that SEGA put that one out.  Unless they charge the $400-500 for one game with a four-player (or six-player?) setup, which  I'm sure a lot of people will not be happy.  The same thing goes for the Simpsons.

I hope I'm wrong and hope that if they do make an X-Men cab that they can break that licensing rule and include at least one other game to put with it.  

None of the Walmarts in my city have clearanced any of the cabs except for Asteroids/Centipede, but then if you check the rural Walmarts, damn near every one of them is clearancing the cabs. I drove about an hour into the boonies to score a Pac-Man cab for $150, and talked to the manager about why they were doing it. The response was that their store was too small and the units took up too much space, he wanted them out of there. 

None of the Walmarts in my city have clearanced any of the cabs except for Asteroids/Centipede, but then if you check the rural Walmarts, damn near every one of them is clearancing the cabs. I drove about an hour into the boonies to score a Pac-Man cab for $150, and talked to the manager about why they were doing it. The response was that their store was too small and the units took up too much space, he wanted them out of there.
I never got what the deal was at the store in my area that clearanced them. They weren't marked as being on clearance in the store - all price tags had the full MSRP, so it wasn't like any customers were going to be interested based on a reduced price. The store is also one of the busier stores in the area (it has kept a somewhat "normal" sized media section). Even while they were on clearance they were getting MORE in. Eventually, they went back up to full price and the Arcade1Up section remains fully stocked.

I put together the Star Wars cabinet yesterday. I would not be able to tell anyone if the emulation is spot on, but I was very impressed by the whole thing. To me, it looks, feels, and sounds like the game I remember. Also, it's the first one I've seen where Arcade1Up has added a settings menu to each game. You can tweak things like the difficulty, something related to the explosions, number of starting shields, etc... The "Return of the Jedi" menu is the first I've seen a "Scan lines" setting in an Arcade1Up game, too (it was "on" by default).

I don't think I ever even saw this "Empire Strikes Back" game, which is amazing if true. I remember seeing "Return of the Jedi" once and I don't think I had enough money to play it. I kinda recall it being a multi-quarter game at the arcade I saw it at. I would have been mad if I had played it since it is easy to burn through lives on a first play through.

I really want TMNT cabinet for nostalgia...., but wondering how much I'd regret the $400 spent after the new and cool factors wear off.

I really want TMNT cabinet for nostalgia...., but wondering how much I'd regret the $400 spent after the new and cool factors wear off.
I've pretty much talked myself out of all of these cabs for the reason that it would probably collect dust after a few days. I'd be better off grabbing my kids and going to a bowling alley, arcade, or other place that has arcade games to play it. There are still places to play arcade games, though they are often harder to find. Additionally, I have a retropi and after about 3 weeks I boxed it up and put my home built dual arcade controller away. So I kind of know realistically it'll be an itch to play this stuff and then once scratched I'm good for a long time.

This is why I can't bring myself to spend more than $200 max on one of these. Unfortunately I've only seen ones I don't want marked down to $200 or less.

This is why I can't bring myself to spend more than $200 max on one of these. Unfortunately I've only seen ones I don't want marked down to $200 or less.
The reason to get it is pure nostalgia of playing it in a familiar looking stand up cabinet (albeit smaller). There are plenty of ways to play the two Turtles arcade games (though few are legit due to the complexities of the Turtles license, but they are emulated perfectly and run great on a Pi).

If you want to just play the games, there are many far cheaper and easier options, but you just won't have that great feeling of you and three friends crowding around the cabinet stomping the Foot Clan. There is great fun and value in that, but you have to decide for yourself how much that is worth to you.

I was just at my local Walmart. I knew they already had the SF2 cabinet marked down to $154 as I’ve been eyeing it.

[attachment=32919:39B81985-2928-4144-A526-32A0E3C2E7AD.jpeg]

They also have the Rampage/Gauntlet/Joust/Defender cabinet clearanced out to $154.

[attachment=32920:FC341E8D-DA4E-41BC-BB33-4ADE2342FE66.jpeg]

Looks like they are clearancing the above cabinets out to make room for the TMNT/Marvel cabinets.

[attachment=32921:0D29C1AC-28F5-438B-804F-4E8387AEFF8B.jpeg]

I really want the Mortal Kombat cabinet but haven’t seen it drop down to the half price range yet. I would like the SF cabinet as well but like some of the previous posters I’m not really sure how much use these cabinets would get after the initial few hours following setup.

It's layaway season so I told myself if I see it in stores I'll buy it, take $100 out of my check each bi-week, and call it a day. I'm a turtle fan so I like the idea of this in the living room just as a conversation piece.

Hey gang I just found this thread after my wife got me a great present last week....the Marvel cabinet. So after spending multiple hour playing it I greatly want to grab a few more. Does anyone know the SKU for the Costco Mortal Kombat cabinet? And after someone posted the deal for the Street Fighter cabinet I am gonna try to grab one tomorrow night on my way home from work. 

Thanks for any recommendations. 

The Space Invaders cabs are now $154.00 in my area. But as much as I do like Space Invaders, I've only got space for 1-2 more of these and I don't want to blow it on a cabinet that only includes 1 game. The upcoming Burgertime cabinet is what I really want, and the fact that it has Bad Dudes on it is the icing on the cake. 

The Space Invaders cabs are now $154.00 in my area. But as much as I do like Space Invaders, I've only got space for 1-2 more of these and I don't want to blow it on a cabinet that only includes 1 game. The upcoming Burgertime cabinet is what I really want, and the fact that it has Bad Dudes on it is the icing on the cake.
I'll be totally honest with you: Bad Dudes has not aged well at all. I blindly bought a real machine and regretted it shortly after despite paying very little.

I'll be totally honest with you: Bad Dudes has not aged well at all. I blindly bought a real machine and regretted it shortly after despite paying very little.
Yeah, I remember playing it when first released in the arcade, and once we played to the end(in one go), I've never gone back to it, as it was only worth the one play through(IMO).

A Wal-Mart near me has Street Fighter for $154. Tempted to pick it up, but due to my limited space for these I am torn because I want the Final Fight or Marvel one a lot more. 

I played the NES version a couple months ago and found that I still enjoy it, though I don't know how long the nostalgia would actually last. It's certainly inferior to the more modern style beaters like Double Dragon or Final Fight, but Im not pursuing the Final Fight cab because I already own several iterations of that game.

I played the NES version a couple months ago and found that I still enjoy it, though I don't know how long the nostalgia would actually last. It's certainly inferior to the more modern style beaters like Double Dragon or Final Fight, but Im not pursuing the Final Fight cab because I already own several iterations of that game.
The NES port is better than the arcade version IMO

I had my hand resting atop a marvel cabinet at a local walmart.....but couldn't convince myself to buy it.... So cool and really want it, but hard to justify.  Especially cause I know it'd snowball into the MK and TMNT cabs I would want beside it, and all of a sudden I'd be out $1000....  :shock:

The NES port is better than the arcade version IMO
I have to agree with this. Nes version was good fun. The Arcade version had more enemies on screen and even though it had more sound effects with actual voice, the NES music was more spirited. It's not a bad game, but if I were going back to experience it again I'd just play the NES version.

To me, the Space Invaders cab is the best looking one of all. I'd love to own it but don't have the space, nor do I want to create space for it considering I wouldn't play it for more than 10 seconds, lol.

I've currently got 3; SF and PacMan from last year, then Mortal Kombat this year.

Like you I can comfortably get 1 more, maybe squeeze in 2 more.

Star Wars is the cab I'm most interested in and TBH it's really just for the 1st Star Wars game (Empire will be neat to have, but have ZERO clue what RotJ will be like). If I do go for another cab after SW, it would probably only be for a clearance SF cab... and that's just so I can mod it. The Turtles and Marvel cabs are neat. Same goes for the cocktail cabinets and those little table-top variants but there's only so much space and I like sleeping in a bed.

But I am disappointed in their design choice for the 4-player cab. I was hoping they would have kept the controls to 2-per-cab but then create a system link so connecting two TMNT cabs together would run one game across both screens. I get why they wouldn't go that route, but it still sucks. Oh well.

Well, convinced myself and the wife that we need the TMNT cabinet for Christmas so that is currently sitting in the garage for the kids. Today I saw a fully built and running MK2 bundle in Costco for $349. Highly considering the MK and PacMan bundles from Costco. Can’t say I would have much use for the stools but the custom riser and light up marquee do look very nice. Debating on pulling the trigger on one or both of these, or waiting out a potential BF sale.

The amount of will power it took to not buy the TMNT one was immense. Plus, no idea how I would have gotten it home in my car.[attachment=32953:Attach45776_20191018_094351.jpg]

To me, the Space Invaders cab is the best looking one of all. I'd love to own it but don't have the space, nor do I want to create space for it considering I wouldn't play it for more than 10 seconds, lol.

I've currently got 3; SF and PacMan from last year, then Mortal Kombat this year.

Like you I can comfortably get 1 more, maybe squeeze in 2 more.

Star Wars is the cab I'm most interested in and TBH it's really just for the 1st Star Wars game (Empire will be neat to have, but have ZERO clue what RotJ will be like). If I do go for another cab after SW, it would probably only be for a clearance SF cab... and that's just so I can mod it. The Turtles and Marvel cabs are neat. Same goes for the cocktail cabinets and those little table-top variants but there's only so much space and I like sleeping in a bed.

But I am disappointed in their design choice for the 4-player cab. I was hoping they would have kept the controls to 2-per-cab but then create a system link so connecting two TMNT cabs together would run one game across both screens. I get why they wouldn't go that route, but it still sucks. Oh well.
Yeah, that Empire Strikes Back game isn't good at all, but Star Wars is awesome. It was just a cheap cabinet conversion that they didn't put that much effort into developing. It's just disjoint scenes from the movies that don't fit together well and don't make much sense.

Return of the Jedi is a decent game using an isometric perspective. It feels a bit clunky, but plays a lot like other Atari games of the era. It does not use vector graphics, but does use the same yoke controller. Definitely better than Empire, but not as good as the original game - but is very different from either of them.

I like "Empire Strikes Back".  I haven't really seen how it's much different than "Star Wars".  What is it that makes it bad and Star Wars "awesome"?  The gameplay seems identical beyond an asteroid dodging scene and the ability to shoot out tow cables.

"Empire" adds some letter collecting (doing things to earn "letters" that spell "JEDI") long before I even knew that was a thing.

"Return of the Jedi" was something I remember staring in amazement at when I saw it an arcade the one and only time I saw it.   Who knew it would take this long before I'd play it?  I agree it's decent, but I prefer the other two.  

Return of the Jedi is a decent game using an isometric perspective. It feels a bit clunky, but plays a lot like other Atari games of the era. It does not use vector graphics, but does use the same yoke controller. Definitely better than Empire, but not as good as the original game - but is very different from either of them.
Yeah, this was my take on RotJ as well, as I enjoyed it back in the day, but nothing I had to play on every trip to the arcade. As stated, very much a different game to SW, but I agree it feels very much like other licensed Atari games of the time. The isometric view reminds me of the mine-cart levels in Temple Of Doom. Sadly I've never played Empire, at least not in it's arcade form, as I never saw it at the time. Hopefully I see one of these cabs on demo someplace so I can try it with proper controls.

bread's done
Back