The Home Arcade Tremendous Deals and Discussion Thread

MinDRIoT

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (97%)
Having recently acquired a couple of tremendous Arcade1Up machines on sale at a local Walmart. Very tremendous. I thought we needed a dedicated Arcade1Up deals thread to keep track of deals. I know deals people, believe me.

These deals are very YMMV but it seems many, many Walmarts are clearing these out right now. Clearing them out. Brickseek links provided where available, check your local stores for price and availability. Brickseek is not 100% accurate though, as I said ... YMMV.

Search your local area, or any ZIP, for in store deals with deals.consolekits.com (Site no longer exists)

Asteroids, Major Havoc, Lunar Lander and Tempest - as low as $75 in store, very hard to find or $164.99 online

Centipede, Millipede, Missile Command, Crystal Castles - as low as $75 in store, very hard to find or $174.99 online

Final Fight, 1944, Ghosts'N Goblins, Strider - as low as $125 in store $150 at Walmart online

Galaga, Galaxian - as low as $75 in store $150 at Walmart online

Mortal Kombat I,II & III - as low as $150 in store $199 at Walmart online

Pacman, Pacman PLUS - as low as $150 in store

Rampage, Gauntlet, Joust, Defender - as low as $75 in store $199 at Walmart online

Space Invaders - as low as $75 in store $150 at Walmart online

Street Fighter ll - as low as $75 in store $199 at Walmart online

Golden Tee - $299 at Walmart

Marvel Superheroes - $299 at Walmart

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Arcade Machine w/ Riser - $349 at Walmart

Star Wars w/riser - $399 at Walmart

Pac-Man Head to Head Arcade Table with Two Pac-Man Gaming Stools (No Galaga or DigDug)- $450 at Sam's

Street Fighter Head to Head Arcade Table - $430 at Walmart

Legends Ultimate Home Arcade Special Edition - $500 at Sam's

Arcade1up Riser - $44.88 online or order for instore pickup

I myself picked up the Final Fight and Rampage machines for $125 each for the Oval Office in the White CatCondo.

Last edited by a moderator:
As far as I know, if you don't get one just contact them and they'll send you one, as they realized pretty early on that art wears off pretty easy, so the plexiglass is a must for most. I've heard their customer service is pretty good, as anyone who has had an issue has had it solved without much back & forth.
Cool thanks. I ask because I'm planning on modding this one, and i want to buy the stuff for it before I set it up (plus, i got a speech last week when I dragged in the final fight one about how much space my hobby is starting to take up in the house,) so I don't think dragging another one in the house one week later would end well for me, so I'm staying out in the garage and I wanted to know what to expect when I opened it.

post the pics, or a link to where we can see this, sounds pretty awesome!
[attachment=33030:8A702D9B-9D38-463D-9F13-7187262F299C.jpeg]

Edit: “Neo Geo” is 95% finished. Going to put a door on it like I did pacman and then put that pc inside. Haven’t decided if I want to keep the bezel as is or remove the artwork (I painted the back side of the Plexi Black) and then reprint that same artwork and put it where the red kick plate is. Still have to install the beer holders on the side. :)
They are both single player cabinets. Neo Geo has 2 sticks quite literally for one game: World Series 99. The right stick is the bat and you flick it to swing. Love that game! Pac-Man is vertical games only, about 70 or so. Neo Geo currently has probably a few hundred but I’m gonna go through them all again. Too many games.

My little corner of the basement. It’s about to drastically change. We are converting the garage to a home office. Then I’m gonna move the “arcade” to where my desk is now (behind where I’m taking that first picture from, behind the bar. I then get to take my cocktail cabinet out of my shed and finish it and have a real little barcade in my basement. :)

[attachment=33031:A4A2EFAA-D1B2-437A-9420-33705D9035F0.jpeg]

As far as I know, if you don't get one just contact them and they'll send you one, as they realized pretty early on that art wears off pretty easy, so the plexiglass is a must for most. I've heard their customer service is pretty good, as anyone who has had an issue has had it solved without much back & forth.
Not me. I bought the Pac-Man and Rampage cabs this year and they refused multiple times to send the plastic deck protector for free. I found it a bit odd since they obviously acknowledged there was a problem, didn't recall the existing units, didn't send the plastic covers to stores, sent them out to customers for free for awhile.... They aren't that expensive to order from them, but the only option is to buy an artwork cover (since they must assume the pain has already rubbed off) along with the plastic. I told them I just needed the plastic. Didn't care - no more "free" deck protectors even though they now come "free" with every newer model. It was really weird that they were so obstinate over something that costs so little.

Have any of you guys (especially the ones who are buying these full price just to mod them anyway) considered getting an Alpha-Cade? Seems like a much higher quality route to satisfy this project itch.

Have any of you guys (especially the ones who are buying these full price just to mod them anyway) considered getting an Alpha-Cade? Seems like a much higher quality route to satisfy this project itch.
My original plan was an alphacade or building entirely from scratch. $75 got me in the door to modding. I really don’t see the point in modding one of these when buying at or near full price.

Not me. I bought the Pac-Man and Rampage cabs this year and they refused multiple times to send the plastic deck protector for free. I found it a bit odd since they obviously acknowledged there was a problem, didn't recall the existing units, didn't send the plastic covers to stores, sent them out to customers for free for awhile.... They aren't that expensive to order from them, but the only option is to buy an artwork cover (since they must assume the pain has already rubbed off) along with the plastic. I told them I just needed the plastic. Didn't care - no more "free" deck protectors even though they now come "free" with every newer model. It was really weird that they were so obstinate over something that costs so little.
Well, that's good to know, as my comment was based on those early reports, of how you just needed to contact them, and they would take care of the rest. I guess like all good things, they come to an end, but this seems kind of nickel & dime, especially to those supporting these products. It's beyond apparent this was a design flaw out of the gate, that they eventually acknowledged and made right, but the issue doesn't end, just because they no longer want to cover their own mistakes.

Now that I guess these are a household name, I guess taking care of a customer is no longer all that important. So my apologies for possibly reporting wrong info on how good their customer service is, as I guess that faded just like the art around the joysticks.

Perfect size for little kids though. And sitting on those short chairs works perfectly fine for me and I’m 6’.
Yeah if I can find an SF2 one for $150 or less I'm going to get one for my son who is 4 and make a MAME cabinet and put it right next to my real cabinet. The size is great for him. I wouldn't even be able to play 2 player with my friends on those cabinets because we couldn't fit.

So there's a store that has them at $74 but is out of stock. If I have it shipped there would that work to get it to $74? If so what would I do/say?

So there's a store that has them at $74 but is out of stock. If I have it shipped there would that work to get it to $74? If so what would I do/say?
When you pick it up, you can ask them to check the current in-store price to confirm the lower price. If it is lower, as if they can do a price adjustment. While they will probably say they can’t, they might be able to let you return the items and then rebuy them at the lower price, but it will probably take a supervisor to approve since it isn’t normal procedure.

Or they may just say they can’t do that (for whatever reason) and then your choice is to pay the online price, not pick them up, or return them after picking them up. If you return or don’t pick them up, they MAY end up on the shelf at the discounted price, but that might take a few days (if it happens at all).

Just be nice and understanding that it is their choice to give you the lower price or not, and if they say they won’t, it is your choice to buy it or not at the web price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

attachicon.gif
8A702D9B-9D38-463D-9F13-7187262F299C.jpeg

Edit: “Neo Geo” is 95% finished. Going to put a door on it like I did pacman and then put that pc inside. Haven’t decided if I want to keep the bezel as is or remove the artwork (I painted the back side of the Plexi Black) and then reprint that same artwork and put it where the red kick plate is. Still have to install the beer holders on the side. :)
They are both single player cabinets. Neo Geo has 2 sticks quite literally for one game: World Series 99. The right stick is the bat and you flick it to swing. Love that game! Pac-Man is vertical games only, about 70 or so. Neo Geo currently has probably a few hundred but I’m gonna go through them all again. Too many games.

My little corner of the basement. It’s about to drastically change. We are converting the garage to a home office. Then I’m gonna move the “arcade” to where my desk is now (behind where I’m taking that first picture from, behind the bar. I then get to take my cocktail cabinet out of my shed and finish it and have a real little barcade in my basement. :)

attachicon.gif
A4A2EFAA-D1B2-437A-9420-33705D9035F0.jpeg
Did you mod Pac Man with the 60 in 1 JAMMA kit?

Sent from my SM-P580 using Tapatalk

On a somewhat related note, I got my cabinet in it's home spot with KI1 in there until my pi2jamma comes. 

GnaQvRm.jpg

Now my goal is to find an SF2 Arcade1Up so I can convert that into some kind of MAME cabinet too and it would be the perfect size for my son.  So far there aren't any around me that are less than $299.

"Still have to install the beer holders on the side."

Absolutely fricken brilliant idea. One of those problems that you don't even realize was a problem until you hear a genius solution like this. Now I won't be able to stop thinking about it.

On a somewhat related note, I got my cabinet in it's home spot with KI1 in there until my pi2jamma comes.

Now my goal is to find an SF2 Arcade1Up so I can convert that into some kind of MAME cabinet too and it would be the perfect size for my son. So far there aren't any around me that are less than $299.
Looks like $245 at Walmart with free delivery. Edit: You’re looking for local pickup?

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Street-Fighter-2-Arcade-Machine-Arcade1UP-4ft/994342377

Epic. This is the endpoint I had in mind, except I was planning on getting there with modded fishing pole mount spliced with car cup holder... which this thing basically is minus looking as stupid as what I would have ended up with.

When I first told this idea to my wife, she immediately envisioned mounted table tray that could fold up when you're done. Which I immediately bagged on, but in retrospect... could be cool if done right.

Anyways though, there's no way I'm drilling holes into my mint KI2 cab, so I've got to find a beater cab to start this project on and on top of that, I want a new house that has a better set up for an arcade room than what I have now, so yeah... this $6 drinking attachment is probably going to end up costing me a bit more than that.

"Still have to install the beer holders on the side."

Absolutely fricken brilliant idea. One of those problems that you don't even realize was a problem until you hear a genius solution like this. Now I won't be able to stop thinking about it.
http://www.twistedquarter.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=219_221&products_id=689&zenid=ts8q0vrt1ot6l6s0v86ednfc17

The plexiglass protectors were only free for a limited time for the wave 1 machines. All newer waves come with them now. Here's a link to order them (on sale at the moment)

https://arcade1up.com/collections/control-panel-overlays

It's the same reason I put in both the 2 and 4 player versions of Simpsons, Turtles 1 & 2 in the cabinet I made. It only has controls for two players, therefore it would limit your ability to play Don in Turtles, and everyone knows he is the best. I do, however, have USB ports for using external controllers so 4 players is supported if the need arises, but most of the time I use the 2 player version to get character selection.
The Oceanic ROMS (If memory serves) for TMNT and Simpsons that are 2 player allow you to manually select which character you can use for each player.

Are the Brickseek prices always accurate?  Like is there a possibility of when you go to a store that shows these in stock, that the price may be lower than what they say on brickseek?  And I guess the opposite - is there a chance you go to the store and the price is higher?

Are the Brickseek prices always accurate? Like is there a possibility of when you go to a store that shows these in stock, that the price may be lower than what they say on brickseek? And I guess the opposite - is there a chance you go to the store and the price is higher?
In regards to Wal-mart especially. It's been accurate for me but YMMV. All Wal-Marts are different when it comes to what's on sale/clearance and what is not.

Are the Brickseek prices always accurate? Like is there a possibility of when you go to a store that shows these in stock, that the price may be lower than what they say on brickseek? And I guess the opposite - is there a chance you go to the store and the price is higher?
Always accurate for Walmart in my experience. For Target, though, it sometimes shows lower prices that take a day or two to update in their system.

I've never looked at the MSRP for that one...$500? YIKES.
Problem number 1 is probably the license for Star Wars, as this cab isn't gonna be the standard rate of some old Capcom or Konami titles. Then there's the yolk, which is key to these games being played properly, and I'm sure another huge part of the overall expense. Then last but not least, is the riser is included, which is normally a $50 value. So with those three things, right out the gate this was going to be more than most, but due to the cost and rarity of the OG cab, this is still a good bargain for those in the market.

Problem number 1 is probably the license for Star Wars, as this cab isn't gonna be the standard rate of some old Capcom or Konami titles. Then there's the yolk, which is key to these games being played properly, and I'm sure another huge part of the overall expense. Then last but not least, is the riser is included, which is normally a $50 value. So with those three things, right out the gate this was going to be more than most, but due to the cost and rarity of the OG cab, this is still a good bargain for those in the market.
Oh, I totally hear you 100%. I know it isn't anywhere near the realm of practicality but I wish it had a vector-based monitor; loses a little bit of the original charm for me otherwise. I want it though I'm forcing myself to wait for a possible BF deal.

Oh, I totally hear you 100%. I know it isn't anywhere near the realm of practicality but I wish it had a vector-based monitor; loses a little bit of the original charm for me otherwise. I want it though I'm forcing myself to wait for a possible BF deal.
Yeah, I agree 100% on the Vector Monitor, as that was as important to me as the controls(maybe even more), and the main reason why I'll probably never buy one of these.

I just picked up a SF2 cab for $74. Does anyone know if they started putting those plastic covers in those boxes for them, or if they only ever sent out that initial batch without them?
I found the MK cab for 74 this weekend. I've been searching for that SF one since and it seems every store (at least in my area) discounted them. So far they are all sold out.

I cannot wait for the release of the black Friday ads. I'm hoping Wal-Mart lowers the pricing on the newer cabs. Trying so hard to NOT pull the trigger on turtles just yet. I'm hoping for a temp. drop to $299.99 but I'll take any discount if possible

Hadn't actually been to Walmart in weeks, maybe months so when the need arose to stop in by the local one we swung by electronics to check these out. They had all the cabs that I'm aware of and the reason being they were all MSRP. I hate our local store; they just suck lol. Was cool seeing the TMNT cab on the shelf though and IDK how I missed it, but I didn't realize it was both the Arcade game AND Turtles in Time. Thought it was just the latter, so now I'm dead set on eventually getting it on sale since TMNT arcade was easily my most played NES game ever.

If they ever get Simpsons arcade though. . .

Got Street Fighter II full price at launch. Fastforward to now I have acquired a Space Invaders ($150) and Mortal Kombat ($150).

My local Wal-Mart inside has told me their display model FInal Fight was taken into the back warehouse of the store. I am waiting on his next tip to find out the fate of the machine. I am hoping for $150 and they sell it but it seems like they might put it in their break room -_-

Got Street Fighter II full price at launch. Fastforward to now I have acquired a Space Invaders ($150) and Mortal Kombat ($150).

My local Wal-Mart inside has told me their display model FInal Fight was taken into the back warehouse of the store. I am waiting on his next tip to find out the fate of the machine. I am hoping for $150 and they sell it but it seems like they might put it in their break room -_-
IMO The Final Fight is the best bang for your buck when it comes to these machines. I'd say the 12-in-1 but I hear the trackball and spinner are both terrible and have to be replaced/modified.

Kinda bummed that the only cab I've found at $75 was the Space Invaders one this past weekend.

Funny thing is that Brickseek showed the Space invaders cab at msrp (I checked at the store) but the walmart app showed $75. Walked it up and sure enough, $75. Brickseek's price didn't show correctly until a a bit later.

Kinda bummed that the only cab I've found at $75 was the Space Invaders one this past weekend.

Funny thing is that Brickseek showed the Space invaders cab at msrp (I checked at the store) but the walmart app showed $75. Walked it up and sure enough, $75. Brickseek's price didn't show correctly until a a bit later.
When you say "Walmart app" is that like a barcode scanner app you can use to scan stuff yourself?

When you say "Walmart app" is that like a barcode scanner app you can use to scan stuff yourself?
It's a pretty comprehensive app. You can order from the website, see what's in store around you, check the prices and stock levels of an item are at nearby stores, find out precisely where in the store to find what you're looking for, etc. And, yeah, there's a barcode scanner too.

1572296681_1.jpg

I'm heading out later today to hopefully grab Space Invaders for $75 as a Christmas gift. ("Limited stock" at one nearby store.)

It's a pretty comprehensive app. You can order from the website, see what's in store around you, check the prices and stock levels of an item are at nearby stores, find out precisely where in the store to find what you're looking for, etc. And, yeah, there's a barcode scanner too.

1572296681_1.jpg

I'm heading out later today to hopefully grab Space Invaders for $75 as a Christmas gift. ("Limited stock" at one nearby store.)
Can you check in store prices from the app if you aren't near the store or in store to scan it?

It's weird how it says the prices in stores near me are $299, but you can order it on the website for $245 and pick it up in the same store.

A family member found Space Invaders for $75 over the weekend. Today I was able to grab 2 SF2 cabs for $74 each. They had been $154 but marked them down this afternoon. That particular store also had the risers for $11 and Golden Tee cab for $99 but both were gonna before I got there. I also saw(and grabbed) a couple of the Pac Man ghost lights that hang on your wall for $4.

Can you check in store prices from the app if you aren't near the store or in store to scan it?
Yes, although sometimes it’ll give you a price and stock levels, and other times it won’t. It’ll be based on the three stores closest to your zip code, although you can change that to whatever you want.

Thanks DarkanJohn, okay now the same question applies to a store that has them in stock. The store I tried before (with no luck because I was there too late I guess) is now $74 with the same stock levels. Would in store pickup still make me pay full and have to do the same thing as being out of stock?

Has anyone had luck with calling them and having them hold it? We lucked out on that futon with my wife telling a son story but that was also a true story lol.

These clearance cabs are unicorns in my area, despite Brickseek showing quantities of 4-5 at a few stores.
I occasionally come across Street Fighter open box at a few places, but it's never cheap enough for me to pick it up especially being an open box display unit.

I imagine the $74 cabinets are getting scooped up very quickly. For the most part around me they are all still MSRP. I did see a Pac-Man for $250 yesterday at Target but that is not one of the cabinets I want unless it's under $100. I'd pay $250 for Final Fight, Marvel, or TMNT tops, but really hoping to nab one for $200 or less before the end of the year.

I occasionally come across Street Fighter open box at a few places, but it's never cheap enough for me to pick it up especially being an open box display unit.

I imagine the $74 cabinets are getting scooped up very quickly. For the most part around me they are all still MSRP. I did see a Pac-Man for $250 yesterday at Target but that is not one of the cabinets I want unless it's under $100. I'd pay $250 for Final Fight, Marvel, or TMNT tops, but really hoping to nab one for $200 or less before the end of the year.
Would love to find a Galaga (for Galaxian) or Pac-man cab at $75.... those 2 I would leave stock. Too bad the only ones even remotely near me at $75 were Centipede (sold out a while back) and Space Invaders (I may have grabbed the last one in my area, was still labeled at $299)

I didn't look back through to see if anyone else mentioned but both the asteroids and centipede cabinets are ~$160 on walmart.com 

Just an observation I saw today...

I had to get oil for my car at Walmart so I checked out the game department for a place that basically shows out of stock of the ones I care about (MK and SF) but it shows them at the price of $299.

So I go to the game dept and they have the MK one out on display and like 2 in a box.  They also had 2 SF cabinets in box.  They had a bunch of other ones too like TMNT, Space Invaders, Pac Man, Final Fight, and I think one more.  They all had price tags of $300 on em.

I used the Walmart app to scan them and SF and MK both showed the $299 price.  Then some of the others didn't even scan for some reason saying nothing in the store with that barcode number existed.

This makes me wonder how accurate Brickseek really is though, if it was totally wrong about quantities since it said they had no MK or SF cabinets and they had multiples.  

But the one thing that stuck out was damn, these cabinets are TINY.  They are so much smaller in person.  Everything about it is tiny - screen, cabinet, control panel space, etc.  It wasn't on a riser though. 

It would be awesome if I got one for my son (who is only 4 now) and put it next to my real cabinet.   He'd have his and I'd have mine lol.

bread's done
Back