The Home Arcade Tremendous Deals and Discussion Thread

MinDRIoT

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (97%)
Having recently acquired a couple of tremendous Arcade1Up machines on sale at a local Walmart. Very tremendous. I thought we needed a dedicated Arcade1Up deals thread to keep track of deals. I know deals people, believe me.

These deals are very YMMV but it seems many, many Walmarts are clearing these out right now. Clearing them out. Brickseek links provided where available, check your local stores for price and availability. Brickseek is not 100% accurate though, as I said ... YMMV.

Search your local area, or any ZIP, for in store deals with deals.consolekits.com (Site no longer exists)

Asteroids, Major Havoc, Lunar Lander and Tempest - as low as $75 in store, very hard to find or $164.99 online

Centipede, Millipede, Missile Command, Crystal Castles - as low as $75 in store, very hard to find or $174.99 online

Final Fight, 1944, Ghosts'N Goblins, Strider - as low as $125 in store $150 at Walmart online

Galaga, Galaxian - as low as $75 in store $150 at Walmart online

Mortal Kombat I,II & III - as low as $150 in store $199 at Walmart online

Pacman, Pacman PLUS - as low as $150 in store

Rampage, Gauntlet, Joust, Defender - as low as $75 in store $199 at Walmart online

Space Invaders - as low as $75 in store $150 at Walmart online

Street Fighter ll - as low as $75 in store $199 at Walmart online

Golden Tee - $299 at Walmart

Marvel Superheroes - $299 at Walmart

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Arcade Machine w/ Riser - $349 at Walmart

Star Wars w/riser - $399 at Walmart

Pac-Man Head to Head Arcade Table with Two Pac-Man Gaming Stools (No Galaga or DigDug)- $450 at Sam's

Street Fighter Head to Head Arcade Table - $430 at Walmart

Legends Ultimate Home Arcade Special Edition - $500 at Sam's

Arcade1up Riser - $44.88 online or order for instore pickup

I myself picked up the Final Fight and Rampage machines for $125 each for the Oval Office in the White CatCondo.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've never put anything on Layaway before so will they honor the Black Friday price if it drops while on Layaway? Or will they dispute it and say I have to pay the price that it was at the time it was placed on Layaway?
It may be a ymmv scenario. It IS Wal-Mart after all.
If they give me a hassle with the price adjustment, on black friday I will just pay off the layaway then return/rebuy the machine.

Went to my WM today, and there were 17 units on the floor spread over three aisles of the electronics section! Good news is they had quite the selection from Pac-Man to Rampage to TMNT. Bad news is all were at full price.

Went to my WM today, and there were 17 units on the floor spread over three aisles of the electronics section! Good news is they had quite the selection from Pac-Man to Rampage to TMNT. Bad news is all were at full price.
Yeah, this is what I've been seeing lately and it's irritating lol.

My local Wal-Mart had a damaged box TMNT on sale for $299.99. Nothing else sadly.
On Friday I stopped by 4 Walmart stores. At the first store I scored 2 $75 Space Invader cabs and passed on a $75 Asteroids cab with a damaged box and side panel clearly exposed (though not obviously damaged), but every other cab at the other three stores were full price. Stopped by another Walmart today and all cabs were full price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stopped at a far-away Walmart in the middle of a trip that BS said had 2-3 $75 Space Invaders cabs, in line with the WM app. Electronics guy said I was the fifth person within a month or two to ask, and they didn't have them. I'm not sure why nobody has bothered to update the inventory or whatever.

Retail shrinkage must be rough these days. I guess it's pretty easy to sneak cabs out of inventory.

I have a local Walmart that showed Final Fight as being in stock (not even low stock) at  $74 for the longest time. That was a bit irritating.

Also, on a weird note I saw two Arcade1Up's show up at my target. The thing was, they were priced at $249 and one was the Marvel cab.

Last week I saw two SI cabs on the shelf at a store with “limited stock.”
Yeah, I saw something similar at my Walmart last week, as both cabs happened to be on an end cap separated from all the others. So I assumed they had a special price, but I wasn't interested enough to deal with staff trying to find out, as no price was actually shown. My buy in for most of these would probably be $50 or less, and since I haven't seen prices reported that low, I didn't bother to find out what these may have been.

Same scene at Wal-Mart for me yesterday. They had a nice selection, but all were full price, still think I will pull the trigger on Marvel before the year is over, but would love to get Final Fight for $100 or less.

Countercades are $170 at Office Depot for BF
I’d almost be tempted to get a counter case, but the screens are just so damn small. They could have fit a larger screen in there, but instead chose to make them toy-like rather than like arcade game. For the price (even $150) I expect better.

Yeah, I saw something similar at my Walmart last week, as both cabs happened to be on an end cap separated from all the others. So I assumed they had a special price, but I wasn't interested enough to deal with staff trying to find out, as no price was actually shown. My buy in for most of these would probably be $50 or less, and since I haven't seen prices reported that low, I didn't bother to find out what these may have been.
Just use the Walmart app to check the in-store prices yourself. No need to ask anyone unless you want to confirm the price from the app.

But it is worth checking each cab type’s price because you never know what you will find at that store on that day.

Just use the Walmart app to check the in-store prices yourself. No need to ask anyone unless you want to confirm the price from the app.

But it is worth checking each cab type’s price because you never know what you will find at that store on that day.
Thanks for the heads up, I'll for sure use that in the future.

I have a local Walmart that showed Final Fight as being in stock (not even low stock) at $74 for the longest time. That was a bit irritating.

Also, on a weird note I saw two Arcade1Up's show up at my target. The thing was, they were priced at $249 and one was the Marvel cab.
What region was this in? Are there Final Fights for sale for that price there?

Also I might mention. Marvel Arcade1up is $250 at Target, vs the $300 at Wal-Mart if anyone is looking for one.

Also I see Kohls and Target are stocking the countercades and Arcade1ups.

What region was this in? Are there Final Fights for sale for that price there?

Also I might mention. Marvel Arcade1up is $250 at Target, vs the $300 at Wal-Mart if anyone is looking for one.

Also I see Kohls and Target are stocking the countercades and Arcade1ups.
Haven't seen any Marvel cabs at my Target. Saw a couple of Pac-Man cabinets for $250 the other day, but they were gone when I was in Target yesterday. I only saw one Pac-Man countercade which is $200 and way too much IMO.

Great. By the time Arcade1Up ships their SE exclusive, these will probably be at clearance pricing.
I really do like the Marvel games but I find the artwork to be horrible. It looks like a vinyl lunchbox. Id be interested in swapping it for Capcom logo marquee and side art if possible lol.

I was at a shop right next to a Walmart that I went to last Friday that said OOS for SF2 cab.  Last Friday I saw it in the box there for $299.  They had an MK cabinet on display that was beat to shit.

Today I swung in and saw SF2 cab on display.  I went over to where they were in the store and the SF2 box was gone, so for some reason they built it over the weekend to put on display.

The entire control panel was basically worn down.  In less than 3 days.  like 80% of it had rubbed off.  I just took my finger and rubbed a little bit and that crap rubbed right off.  I cannot believe how cheap that shit is lol.  It's easier to rub off than a damn scratch off lottery ticket.  At least with that you need to use a finger nail or coin.  I could rub the artwork off with my index finger tip by giving it a little pressure.

My local store shows zero on hand of the Asteroid cab but there’s been one sitting in the electronics department at $199 for weeks, even took it to a price checker.

My local store shows zero on hand of the Asteroid cab but there’s been one sitting in the electronics department at $199 for weeks, even took it to a price checker.
I've been hitting up a few Walmarts in the San Diego area in the last week and have found a few surprises.

I found an Asteroids cab for $75 at a store that hasn't shown any Asteroids cabs on Brickseek for many weeks.

Today I found a Space Invaders cab for $75 at a store that didn't show any on Brickseek for the last 2 or 3 weeks (possibly longer). The clerk was surprised because the price sign on the end cap said "$299" and as far as she could tell, all of the boxes looked basically the same to her. I pointed out that the cab on sale had different games, but she still didn't seem to grasp (or care about) what I was saying. Regardless, she helpfully rang me up and watch it while I brought my car to the front of the store to load it.

When looking for the cabs at a Walmart, they may be spread out in 2 or 3 different locations (and one store I went to didn't carry them at all). Most stores seem to have a section where they put most of the cabs, but they may also have more cabs on an end cap or on a pallet in the aisle (or in storage), but just because they aren't in the main section doesn't mean they are on sale.

Even the end caps or aisle pallets that advertise a "$299" price may contain on-sale cabs, so make sure to check the price on each one.

Some stores put the A1Up cabs in unexpected locations, such as near the electronics or DVDs rather than the video games section. If you can't find them (or even if you can), it's always a good idea to ask one of the clerks where they are located and if they have any on sale. All of the clerks at Walmart I've talked to have been very helpful when I've asked about the Aracde1up cabs and if any are on sale. Sometimes they've pointed me to cabs in secondary locations I had missed during my own search.

Sometimes you can search the store for "Arcade1up" using the Walmart app and see what they have in-store, but that's not always reliable because I've found cabs on the shelf that the app said weren't available at that store.

I'm just hunting around to pick up as many different cab types as possible for the different art work as long as I can get them on sale. So far, I haven't seen anything other than Asteroids, Centipede and (more recently) Space Invaders, but I'm still hoping to get Pac Man and Galaga before the end of the year if they ever go on sale in San Diego.

It def took a tremendous amount of persistence, but I finally tracked down a Space Invaders cab for $75. This will make a great gift for my kids for Xmas once I'm done modding it with a 60-in-1 JAMMA board.

I got the Pac-Man cocktail table yesterday.  While I really like how it looks and the game selection (Ms. Pac-Man must be being saved for something else), I have no idea what they were thinking when it comes to the height of this thing.  I guess I didn't pay enough attention and just assumed that when they are selling stools with two heights that the lower height would be appropriate for the cocktail table.   I didn't even think of it possibly being for the normal cabs without risers.  

But, who are these cocktail tables supposed to be for?  5-10 year olds?  Like the upright cabs, a riser is required, just not available.  It has adjustable legs, but they seem to be intended more for leveling than getting it to the appropriate height since they barely help.  This is a little different than the uprights because even without the risers it's easy enough to get something for an adult to sit on.   It would take an incredibly small stool and an uncomfortable position to make this work....

It def took a tremendous amount of persistence, but I finally tracked down a Space Invaders cab for $75. This will make a great gift for my kids for Xmas once I'm done modding it with a 60-in-1 JAMMA board.
Can you post links to what you are using for the 60-in-1 JAMMA mod? I’ve been thinking of doing something similar but am looking to see what others are doing.

Why not just do a Raspberry Pi?
I’ve already done a couple of RetroPie cabs, but I’m looking for something more “out of the box” friendly I can give to my relatives that will just work and is more difficult for them to screw up if their kids start trying to tinker with settings.

I’ve already done a couple of RetroPie cabs, but I’m looking for something more “out of the box” friendly I can give to my relatives that will just work and is more difficult for them to screw up if their kids start trying to tinker with settings.
Probably a bit more setup, but RetroPie and EmulationStation have options these days where you can hide pretty much anything you don't want them to see. You can use "Kids Mode" which requires by default the Contra code to exit and it hides everything except for favorites. You can disable config on entry to games with the Run Command stuff. You can replace RetroPie and EmulationStation splash screens with something you prefer. You can use an "All" view by default that will combine all the games into a single list. The only thing you really can't get rid of is the in game menu access, which is usually trigger by a key command so it isn't that bad to keep and you actually want that. The arcade cabinet my older son and I made I put in a bit of time to get it working as hands off as possible and limit the ability to mess anything up because I knew my youngest son would be playing it with his friends.

Not saying you would want to mess around with any of that, but if you are into modding you may want to look into it.

I got the Pac-Man cocktail table yesterday. While I really like how it looks and the game selection (Ms. Pac-Man must be being saved for something else), I have no idea what they were thinking when it comes to the height of this thing. I guess I didn't pay enough attention and just assumed that when they are selling stools with two heights that the lower height would be appropriate for the cocktail table. I didn't even think of it possibly being for the normal cabs without risers.

But, who are these cocktail tables supposed to be for? 5-10 year olds? Like the upright cabs, a riser is required, just not available. It has adjustable legs, but they seem to be intended more for leveling than getting it to the appropriate height since they barely help. This is a little different than the uprights because even without the risers it's easy enough to get something for an adult to sit on. It would take an incredibly small stool and an uncomfortable position to make this work....
I own two original "cocktail" tables, and they all mostly have the same issues, as they are not designed for your legs to go under, or even to sit at level(like a card table). Mine can be adjusted, but it's only in small increments, and nothing that's going to change the overall issues of this style of cab.

These happened to be designed for bars(alcohol served), and for people to sit and drink and maybe play a game or two. If legs went under, drunks would get up and slam the table and down the drinks would go. LOL These machines also had to house a full upright components into a table 1/3 the size, so that happens to go directly underneath, which kills space for legs.

Those machines while not as heavy as full uprights, are very top heavy for a small table, and if raised to high, the originals would have fallen over. So while I'm sure they may have been able to improve some of the "cocktails" original shortcomings, it may have changed the overall style to much?

Can you post links to what you are using for the 60-in-1 JAMMA mod? I’ve been thinking of doing something similar but am looking to see what others are doing.
I plan to use the kit and panels offered by DIY Retro Arcade ... seems the easiest

Sent from my SM-P580 using Tapatalk

I haven't been able to find any of the cheap Walmart prices, just full price ones at all the stores I checked.

Also Best Buy has a 25% off coupon for toys that also works on the Arcade1Up units.

I haven't been able to find any of the cheap Walmart prices, just full price ones at all the stores I checked.

Also Best Buy has a 25% off coupon for toys that also works on the Arcade1up units.
Wish I could get a Marvel cab at Best Buy, but it's sold out online.

I got the Pac-Man cocktail table yesterday. While I really like how it looks and the game selection (Ms. Pac-Man must be being saved for something else), I have no idea what they were thinking when it comes to the height of this thing.
I was interested in getting this cocktail, when you get a chance can you tell me the height of it to where the screen is & also the height to where the buttons are? Thanks.

If stools are too tall for an adult would that mean you'd have to sit cross-legged on the floor to play?

If stools are too tall for an adult would that mean you'd have to sit cross-legged on the floor to play?
Then it would be to high(at least for a decent period of time), as these really aren't that well thought out, and why you never saw them any place but in bars. A beanbag would probably be best, but that's just a guess on my part, as I've never tried one. Whatever you sit on needs to be as small as possible, as you have to sit in weird ways to make these cocktails work. Some might sit open legged in a chair, while others would turn to the side, while others will sit straight ahead and just bang their knees. All options mostly suck, it just comes down to which one sucks less than another. LOL

Also Best Buy has a 25% off coupon for toys that also works on the Arcade1Up units.
And that hurts.... it doesn't work on the Pac-Man cocktail table, but it does work on that Star Wars cabinet I just got from Wal-Mart.com....

I was interested in getting this cocktail, when you get a chance can you tell me the height of it to where the screen is & also the height to where the buttons are? Thanks.

The screen is about 25 1/4" from the floor and the control deck with the joystick/buttons is about 20 1/4". The adjustable legs give you about 3/4" to play with and I probably have them almost all the way down (meaning I am almost as high as it can go).

I can use the Arcade1Up stool (21 1/4") and it's doable, but I am definitely too far above the control deck and reaching down, plus you have to sit with your legs spread to the sides. I guess I didn't have a problem playing, though, but my first thought was "they didn't think any of this through".

The screen is about 25 1/4" from the floor and the control deck with the joystick/buttons is about 20 1/4". The adjustable legs give you about 3/4" to play with and I probably have them almost all the way down (meaning I am almost as high as it can go).

I can use the Arcade1Up stool (21 1/4") and it's doable, but I am definitely too far above the control deck and reaching down, plus you have to sit with your legs spread to the sides. I guess I didn't have a problem playing, though, but my first thought was "they didn't think any of this through".
Back in the day, besides these cocktails and full size cabs, they also had a "cabaret" style, that was really similar to the size and shape of what Arcade1up is currently offering. The cabaret was a smaller version of the full size, but had many benefits of the cocktail(lighter weight, smaller footprint, etc.), without the downsides.

Those for sure seemed to have some thought put in to them, but not really sure who the intended audience was(maybe kids who could afford one maybe)? I only ever saw a cabaret cab on the rarest of occasions, while I saw the cocktails far more frequently for sure. It should have been the other way around, as the cocktails really only made for a good table(flat surface), and not much else.

Cabarets were fun for younger players. I'm pretty sure I got my first four blue ghost chain in Pac-Man on a cabaret unit. Achievement unlocked!

These days, I want a cocktail cabinet; something I can use as a coffee table when not in use. But I don't want one designed for leprechauns. 

I got a flyer in the mail from Best Buy with the coupon in it, was a toy flyer and the coupon was in the back.

Codes are one time use.
Are these different than the ones sent out in email? Because the email one I got specifically says "Excludes... all Arcade1Up machines" and I tried it just in case but it definitely doesn't work. If the one on the mailer does work, does anyone have a code they'd be willing to part with? =)

Has anyone put a Galaga PCB into a Space Invaders cab?  They have the same controls, so I'm assuming this would be rather easy to do.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Are these different than the ones sent out in email? Because the email one I got specifically says "Excludes... all Arcade1Up machines" and I tried it just in case but it definitely doesn't work. If the one on the mailer does work, does anyone have a code they'd be willing to part with? =)
I got one in the email and it was the same as the one I got in the flyer, I checked the exclusions list and no mention of Arcade1Up machines on either.

I was able to use mine on a Arcade1Up Street Fighter Head to Head machine.

Has anyone put a Galaga PCB into a Space Invaders cab? They have the same controls, so I'm assuming this would be rather easy to do.

Thanks in advance for any info.
I'm pretty sure this should work, but you might want to contact Arcade1Up directly about it. They support the modding community and sell the PCBs directly from their site (https://arcade1up.com/collections/pcbs), so I'm pretty sure you'll get a response.

A couple of these are actually listed in the Target Black Friday ad: Pac-Man and Marvel Super Heroes for $249.99 each.

I got one in the email and it was the same as the one I got in the flyer, I checked the exclusions list and no mention of Arcade1Up machines on either.

I was able to use mine on a Arcade1Up Street Fighter Head to Head machine.
I had a 25% off toys discount automatically applying when I logged into BestBuy.com and that one did mention the Arcade1Up exclusion and doesn't apply it to the cabinets. The one I received in the mail did not, though. I am kinda thinking it wasn't their intention to allow the Arcade1Up cabinets through with the mail code (and like I mentioned, the Pac-Man cocktail table was excluded), but, oh well. I was so glad that I was buying stuff from WalMart.com that I didn't return and now I'm going to be lugging in this huge SW cabinet to the return counter thanks to this BB coupon.

It's difficult for me to justify picking up one of these things. I love the idea. But I designed and built my own arcade in college. If I really want a new cabinet, I would prefer to bust out the tools and start building one myself. It takes a lot longer, but you also get a more solid cabinet at the end.

In particular, you get the advantage of customizing the design. Someone earlier mentioned a cocktail cabinet. I've actually had ideas to design and build an arcade coffee table, as well as a wall-mounted minimal cabinet.

bread's done
Back