The Home Arcade Tremendous Deals and Discussion Thread

MinDRIoT

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (97%)
Having recently acquired a couple of tremendous Arcade1Up machines on sale at a local Walmart. Very tremendous. I thought we needed a dedicated Arcade1Up deals thread to keep track of deals. I know deals people, believe me.

These deals are very YMMV but it seems many, many Walmarts are clearing these out right now. Clearing them out. Brickseek links provided where available, check your local stores for price and availability. Brickseek is not 100% accurate though, as I said ... YMMV.

Search your local area, or any ZIP, for in store deals with deals.consolekits.com (Site no longer exists)

Asteroids, Major Havoc, Lunar Lander and Tempest - as low as $75 in store, very hard to find or $164.99 online

Centipede, Millipede, Missile Command, Crystal Castles - as low as $75 in store, very hard to find or $174.99 online

Final Fight, 1944, Ghosts'N Goblins, Strider - as low as $125 in store $150 at Walmart online

Galaga, Galaxian - as low as $75 in store $150 at Walmart online

Mortal Kombat I,II & III - as low as $150 in store $199 at Walmart online

Pacman, Pacman PLUS - as low as $150 in store

Rampage, Gauntlet, Joust, Defender - as low as $75 in store $199 at Walmart online

Space Invaders - as low as $75 in store $150 at Walmart online

Street Fighter ll - as low as $75 in store $199 at Walmart online

Golden Tee - $299 at Walmart

Marvel Superheroes - $299 at Walmart

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Arcade Machine w/ Riser - $349 at Walmart

Star Wars w/riser - $399 at Walmart

Pac-Man Head to Head Arcade Table with Two Pac-Man Gaming Stools (No Galaga or DigDug)- $450 at Sam's

Street Fighter Head to Head Arcade Table - $430 at Walmart

Legends Ultimate Home Arcade Special Edition - $500 at Sam's

Arcade1up Riser - $44.88 online or order for instore pickup

I myself picked up the Final Fight and Rampage machines for $125 each for the Oval Office in the White CatCondo.

Last edited by a moderator:
You may all want to reconsider playing on these little 1up units when the Ultimate Legends unit is a full size cabinet and much much better.  Your back will thank you.

I ordered a custom CP from 99 Lives arcade a while back and it came out amazing. I had him install a trackball and I installed a GRS spinner, but haven’t been able to get either to work with the Wolfanoz A1up image. The guy who runs 99 Lives arcade was having similar problems getting them to run on his builds, (apparently the original A1up image from ArcadePunks didn’t include “mouse” controls) but he recently got it figured out. I contacted him about helping me get the controls sorted out and he’s loading the updated image on an SD card I mailed him. Incredible customer service, and really great work, if you’re considering a custom CP it’s definitely worth taking a look, especially if you can get an active promo code. I will warn that each CP is handmade per your design, so expect it to take around a month or so. I will also say that I made 2 changes at different times to my order after placing it by contacting them over Facebook messenger and they were not only helpful, but it didn’t add any extra time to the build

(Not sure why pic keeps rotating but you get the idea)

https://99livesarcade.com/?fbclid=IwAR0tAmqAZfV3KITB3mTfxX81CM3YxtWsqUggqeilgDYxRFsp2z8yawhErww%5Battachment=33200:21FDB9B9-83E1-41B6-A84A-0FE323232D49.jpeg%5D%5Battachment=33200:21FDB9B9-83E1-41B6-A84A-0FE323232D49.jpeg%5D

attachicon.gif
EC201B0C-DBD9-4077-9971-2193E3090A95.jpeg
This looks great. Been looking into this route for my Final Fight cabinet. This would save me a ton of time and probably not cost all that much more than it would to do it myself and I am sure this will come out way better than what I could do.

You may all want to reconsider playing on these little 1up units when the Ultimate Legends unit is a full size cabinet and much much better. Your back will thank you.
Guess you’ve never tried a chair or stool or riser? Each of mine has a little chair and makes everything perfect height.

I’m not touching one of these AtGames cabinets- entirely because of AtGames’ previous garbage. It’d have to be half off at least for me to even think about it. I couldn’t care less about the majority of games on there and the whole “BYOG” thing is total bs. Let’s see how the modding on these goes in the coming months.

I’d still likely just rather build entirely from scratch.

Hi Everyone! I got a question I was hoping someone may know the answer to since we're all savvy shoppers here. :)

So on the Walmart App on my phone I run a search for Arcade1Up and am provided with a list of what's available. I'll use the Centipede Arcade1Up cabinet for my example. It's showing that it's on sale from $299.99 as $199.99 HOWEVER if I choose to pick it up in store there's a few around me that shows the price as $75. Today's November 20th and the pick up would be for the 26th. So it's not in stock at the stores around me for that price.

So I'm wondering if the $75 is just a mirage. Adding the item to my cart and walking through the ordering process to get the in-store pickup doesn't change the price at all.

Guess you’ve never tried a chair or stool or riser? Each of mine has a little chair and makes everything perfect height.

I’m not touching one of these AtGames cabinets- entirely because of AtGames’ previous garbage. It’d have to be half off at least for me to even think about it. I couldn’t care less about the majority of games on there and the whole “BYOG” thing is total bs. Let’s see how the modding on these goes in the coming months.

That's how I feel on the AtGames cabinet. I like the idea of it, but AtGames has produced utter trash in the past that spending $500 on a product they've produced is not something I am willing to do. I personally like the Arcade 1Up and don't find it uncomfortable to play on with a riser.

Hi Everyone! I got a question I was hoping someone may know the answer to since we're all savvy shoppers here. :)

So on the Walmart App on my phone I run a search for Arcade1Up and am provided with a list of what's available. I'll use the Centipede Arcade1Up cabinet for my example. It's showing that it's on sale from $299.99 as $199.99 HOWEVER if I choose to pick it up in store there's a few around me that shows the price as $75. Today's November 20th and the pick up would be for the 26th. So it's not in stock at the stores around me for that price.

So I'm wondering if the $75 is just a mirage. Adding the item to my cart and walking through the ordering process to get the in-store pickup doesn't change the price at all.
I'd go for it, good chance you'll get it for $74 if that is what you are seeing for the pick-up price. I personally have not seen many Centipede cabinets around me, but it's definitely one of the more likely to be $75 if you are to see it.

That's how I feel on the AtGames cabinet. I like the idea of it, but AtGames has produced utter trash in the past that spending $500 on a product they've produced is not something I am willing to do. I personally like the Arcade 1Up and don't find it uncomfortable to play on with a riser. .
Just to reiterate a previous point I made, and I own 3 Arcade1Ups.... everything I've seen indicates the AtGames cab is superior construction and parts. Now, may be if we're comparing the third generation of Arcade1Ups, let's say the limited edition Marvel Cab or something it might be a more equal comparison but otherwise we're talking as good or better parts across the board with functionality that just blows Arcade1Ups away.

So, the spinner is better. Don't need to buy a deck protector, don't need to buy a riser, doesn't come with sticks that can't do moves like SF2 did, doesn't have sound issues like some of the Arcade1Ups, etc... just better quality, period. I get the reputation, but ironically it's Arcade1Ups that have completely shit the bed when it comes to quality. I literally received an Arcade1Up that someone had drawn on with a marker to try to hide scratches. It was brand new mind you...

That's why I've passed up a couple (Galaga and Space Invaders) for 75 bucks. The things had one game on them really, they're basically just for looks. If we're talking full price, there's just no comparison. The only reason someone would remotely consider paying 350 (w/ riser) or 400 (TMNT) compared to 500 for the Atgames cab is just the look, that's it.

I have an Asteroids unit that's still not put together. I don't even know what to do with it, spinner is a fucking piece of junk and it's a question of how much time and effort I want to put into making it not suck.

The main problem with those is the rotate sticks aren't common anymore - mainly because they are not a sturdy design. I worked in an arcade growing up (a Putt-Putt) and those sticks were not very reliable. And to assume Arcade1up will not be including top end sticks (as evidenced by their questionable quality on spinners and some other parts) makes it a less than ideal option. But, that said an Ikari Warriors/Victory Road/Ikari 3 cabinet would be nice - but I kind of doubt they would bundle with Data East's Heavy Barrel and Midnight Resistance, but that would be cool.
Yeah, my mention is actually a work around to that rotating joystick, as I'm aware of the issues with those as well. Years ago when I had my custom arcade stick built, those sticks were on my list of wants, but then between me and the builder, we came up with the plan "B". Tron works the same way as all those games, it just uses the flight stick to move, and the spinner to rotate, two rather common arcade parts.

Those original sticks combined the rotation and movement all in one, which is of course where problems came from(and limited releases). The only real issue is that the flight stick would need two separate action buttons, as one is for fire, and then a secondary one for grenades, etc. I believe Tron only had the one action button, and of course there is the learning curve of use, but I believe this set up is better than those original spinner sticks as you can move and rotate faster with this configuration.

Just to reiterate a previous point I made, and I own 3 Arcade1Ups.... everything I've seen indicates the AtGames cab is superior construction and parts. Now, may be if we're comparing the third generation of Arcade1Ups, let's say the limited edition Marvel Cab or something it might be a more equal comparison but otherwise we're talking as good or better parts across the board with functionality that just blows Arcade1Ups away.

So, the spinner is better. Don't need to buy a deck protector, don't need to buy a riser, doesn't come with sticks that can't do moves like SF2 did, doesn't have sound issues like some of the Arcade1Ups, etc... just better quality, period. I get the reputation, but ironically it's Arcade1Ups that have completely shit the bed when it comes to quality. I literally received an Arcade1Up that someone had drawn on with a marker to try to hide scratches. It was brand new mind you...

That's why I've passed up a couple (Galaga and Space Invaders) for 75 bucks. The things had one game on them really, they're basically just for looks. If we're talking full price, there's just no comparison. The only reason someone would remotely consider paying 350 (w/ riser) or 400 (TMNT) compared to 500 for the Atgames cab is just the look, that's it.

I have an Asteroids unit that's still not put together. I don't even know what to do with it, spinner is a fucking piece of junk and it's a question of how much time and effort I want to put into making it not suck.
I don't disagree with the cabinet being of a higher quality, it absolutely should be for $500. For $200 or less the Arcade 1Ups are worth it for what they are IMO. If the AtGames goes on sale at any point, I would consider picking one up, but I just can't justify spending $500 regardless of how much better it may be.

Yeah, my mention is actually a work around to that rotating joystick, as I'm aware of the issues with those as well. Years ago when I had my custom arcade stick built, those sticks were on my list of wants, but then between me and the builder, we came up with the plan "B". Tron works the same way as all those games, it just uses the flight stick to move, and the spinner to rotate, two rather common arcade parts.

Those original sticks combined the rotation and movement all in one, which is of course where problems came from(and limited releases). The only real issue is that the flight stick would need two separate action buttons, as one is for fire, and then a secondary one for grenades, etc. I believe Tron only had the one action button, and of course there is the learning curve of use, but I believe this set up is better than those original spinner sticks as you can move and rotate faster with this configuration.
Yeah, you would need some form of fire on the stick if you went with a spinner. Frontline was mentioned, and that game got around it by allowing you to press the spinner to fire, but I doubt you can find one of those because that really didn't catch on. And it also is only a single button (it had a separate grenade button which was fine because you used those so infrequently in that game).

The problem to solve is you have three functions, moving, turning and firing (grenades and gun). You obviously don't have three hands, and the emulator solution of using two buttons for left and right rotate isn't ideal because it lack precision and the ability to quickly spin around (and in Victory Road make use of the sword very difficult to deflect projectiles). A two button flightstick is an option with a spinner, but the best option is the original implementation - however both require specialized parts that are not readily available for arcade cabinet builds. Parts manufacturers really don't make specialized parts like that anymore since the arcade market really isn't big enough anymore to justify it on a mass market type basis. I also wonder how you would really get it to work with a USB pad converter like I-Pac - though I guess you could wire it to the spinner.

You could try to salvage it from old machines, but the problem there is those sticks were very prone to breaking and losing their "clickiness".

Then again, the Star Wars controller was really specialized as well, and Arcade1up made that happen (at a significant premium), so hope is not lost. And Ikari machine would definitely not generate as much interest as a Star Wars one though.

Can someone hook me up with the Final Fight Walmart sku? I can't seem to find it and the one on their website doesn't work. 

Got it: 593950880

I literally got a Centipede cabinet for $75 on Tuesday by ordering online and doing a return-rebuy at the store. It’s worth a shot!

Making the spinner not suck on the Asteroids cabinet costs like $50 (I think it was like $40 when I ordered in July) and takes about 5 minutes. If the spinner is your hesitation, then order a GRS spinner and be done with it. Light years better than what came on the CP and not difficult to install on a stock A1up at all

Making the spinner not suck on the Asteroids cabinet costs like $50 (I think it was like $40 when I ordered in July) and takes about 5 minutes. If the spinner is your hesitation, then order a GRS spinner and be done with it. Light years better than what came on the CP and not difficult to install on a stock A1up at all
I think this is probably right at the heart of how I feel about the Arcade1Ups vs. the AtGames cab.

The spinner is something I considered, but the games on the cab are also fairly limited. When I initially picked up my Centipede and Asteroids cab I was entertaining the idea of modding each. One is vertical, one is horizontal, one has a trackball one has a spinner, so I was thinking I could potentially do something with that.

I decided to leave the Centipede one as is for the time being, but after I got my Street Fighter cab that pushed back the idea of modding the Asteroids cab even further.

A big issue though is that, well most of the Arcade1Up cabs are really limited in terms of what they offer. The Asteroids offerings are fairly lackluster, so even if I get a new spinner, I still have a pretty limited set of games. I believe there are actually a couple more games on there, but you have to do a physical mod to even gain access to those and that's the extent of what you can do. So, if I really want to get much use out of it it will be considerably more than the 40 or 50 bucks for the spinner, there's just no real way to add games short of fully modding it.

I am committed to modding the SF cab, but I understand that what I have in these cabs is going up. 225, now 250, once I'm done ordering things I'll be past $350 without touching the Asteroids cab, and I'm looking over at the AtGames cab like, man that does all the things I'd want my cabs to do, better than they will do it, without all the work...

What starts out cheap can get very expensive. The whole point of an arcade cabinet at home is to relive the experience of playing these games in an arcade thirty years ago, right? If the construction and parts are cheap, that detracts from that experience. If you have to stoop to play the game or feel the cabinet wobble around when the action gets intense, it's no longer authentic. And if you have to spend money to MAKE it more authentic, it's no longer a cheap cabinet.

In fairness, I thought Arcade1up's TMNT cab was fine, from the brief time I spent with it. But yeah, I figure that unless you got one of these machines for a really cheap price, it's best to build an arcade cab once, and do it right so further maintenance is not necessary.

If you wanna build from scratch I get it, but otherwise you are flat out wrong.

I own 2 arcade 1up cabs and bought the at games this week and the 1ups aren’t in the same ballpark. The buttons and joysticks are higher quality. Really nice acrylic over the control deck. The games that are there work fine. Put 200 or so of my favorite Mame ROMs on there and vast majority work perfectly. You can add box art and bezel art that is sick. The byob and arcadenet are a joke and are not needed. If atgames stopped producing these tomorrow I’d be thrilled with the product as is. it’s just a shade below my bar top I built a couple years ago. The only thing worse is the cabinet art.

What starts out cheap can get very expensive. The whole point of an arcade cabinet at home is to relive the experience of playing these games in an arcade thirty years ago, right? If the construction and parts are cheap, that detracts from that experience. If you have to stoop to play the game or feel the cabinet wobble around when the action gets intense, it's no longer authentic. And if you have to spend money to MAKE it more authentic, it's no longer a cheap cabinet.

In fairness, I thought Arcade1up's TMNT cab was fine, from the brief time I spent with it. But yeah, I figure that unless you got one of these machines for a really cheap price, it's best to build an arcade cab once, and do it right so further maintenance is not necessary.
I've considered getting the Arcade1up as display pieces to make my MAME cab appear its in an arcade, and I like the idea of having multiple cabs running at once and capturing the "sound" of an arcade. I think I'd rather play the games on my MAME cab though since the parts and proportions are better.

Nope. I’m definitely flat out correct. AtGames’ previously released systems are total garbage.

If you wanna build from scratch I get it, but otherwise you are flat out wrong.

I own 2 arcade 1up cabs and bought the at games this week and the 1ups aren’t in the same ballpark. The buttons and joysticks are higher quality. Really nice acrylic over the control deck. The games that are there work fine. Put 200 or so of my favorite Mame ROMs on there and vast majority work perfectly. You can’t add box art and bezel art that is sick. The byob and arcadenet are a joke and are not needed. If atgames stopped producing these tomorrow I’d be thrilled with the product as is. it’s just a shade below my bar top I built a couple years ago. The only thing worse is the cabinet art.

AtGames’ previously released systems are total garbage.
That part is true, but it seems they made a really solid arcade cab. If it just looked as good as it was functional, it would be a home run. As it is, I think the Marvel Arcade1Up cab is just fantastic looking, and addresses some of the biggest issues with their cabs, but at the end of the day it still has extremely limited functionality.

Nope. I’m definitely flat out correct. AtGames’ previously released systems are total garbage.
I don't think anyone is saying their previous stuff was good. I'm sure most people would agree it was junk. This new cab is actually very good... which is surprising.

The fact that the built in games are able to be sorted by type, you can favorite the ones you want so you don't have to scroll through a big list, everything has the option to do a save from the menu system, you can use a simple tool and import arcade and console games with your own bezel and box art into the thing, there is the rewind feature which works with everything in the system (great if you want to beat a game without starting over many times), and that it has enough controls for the majority of arcade games ever released... well... that makes it pretty nice for someone that wants more but doesn't want to do quite as much work to make it happen.

Emulation reports so far say it's solid.

Also you can pair it as a controller with those $5 atgames devices and play them on the system which makes me wonder if you can BT pair it with a game console or other device like a PC to expand it's abilities since the thing has two HDMI inputs it could make playing that stuff on it somewhat seamless. What I'm imagining is using one of the usb controller adapters on the switch, passing through the video on one of the two hdmi inputs, and then playing Smash. It might work. Even if it doesn't, you can pass through the video and just use controllers.

I would add that it sounds like AtGames pulled.... well an AtGames recently. They distributed a program that would let you do your own local BYOG for free, which is great n' all but it also seemed to be causing major issues with some people's computers.

So... if I had an AtGames, as a precaution I'd probably keep the thing from updating most of the time and wait for extensive testing before I installed anything new. But, night is getting at are valid points. It just blows the Arcade1Up functionality out of the water.

I would add that it sounds like AtGames pulled.... well an AtGames recently. They distributed a program that would let you do your own local BYOG for free, which is great n' all but it also seemed to be causing major issues with some people's computers.

So... if I had an AtGames, as a precaution I'd probably keep the thing from updating most of the time and wait for extensive testing before I installed anything new. But, night is getting at are valid points. It just blows the Arcade1Up functionality out of the water.
To be fair, the problem with the program was during the uninstall of it, not the running or using of it. There's also newer version of it out now that supposedly fixed the problem. There was a problem, it was reported, and they fixed the problem. They are being super responsive and have been pushing out newer and newer features. From what I understand, it has only been out a month and seem to trying to make it the best that they can.

I think I'm going to get one because of all the neat features and the fact that they seem to be super focused on it. I'm also thinking of getting one sooner than later because I've been burned on tech by Sony consoles. Sony releases a device (PS3/PSVita) with neat features and then slowly removes them in the name of lowering the price. I'm not saying atgames is going to do that at all, just my own thoughts on cool tech.

As others have pointed out, modding an AIU cab can get pricey, quickly - even if you find the cab on clearance for $75.

The size of the AIU cabs work for my house. I have (1) horizontal and (1) vertical modded AIU cab in a pretty small footprint.

I do cringe when I hear "server-based" and "subscription" with the AtGames unit. My Pandora's Box 6 modded AIU cab has all the games I could possibly want (with many more that I added) with no internet or extra charge required. A big plus in my book.

I do cringe when I hear "server-based" and "subscription" with the AtGames unit. My Pandora's Box 6 modded AIU cab has all the games I could possibly want (with many more that I added) with no internet or extra charge required. A big plus in my book.
Just to be clear, AtGames has various ways to access games. One of those being you can simply load your own roms off a USB stick. So the other stuff just provides other alternatives.

Just to be clear, AtGames has various ways to access games. One of those being you can simply load your own roms off a USB stick. So the other stuff just provides other alternatives.
I watched a few videos reviewing the AtGames unit that noted the various options, including adding your own roms. I just wonder what might happen to those other services over time (for those users that won't go down the road of adding roms.)

I think that given some time, a nice modding community will pop up around the AtGames unit and really unlock the potential of it. The AIU mods just had a jump start.

If space isn't an issue, the 24" monitor is a nice upgrade … not gonna deny that

I don't think anyone is saying their previous stuff was good. I'm sure most people would agree it was junk. This new cab is actually very good... which is surprising.

The fact that the built in games are able to be sorted by type, you can favorite the ones you want so you don't have to scroll through a big list, everything has the option to do a save from the menu system, you can use a simple tool and import arcade and console games with your own bezel and box art into the thing, there is the rewind feature which works with everything in the system (great if you want to beat a game without starting over many times), and that it has enough controls for the majority of arcade games ever released... well... that makes it pretty nice for someone that wants more but doesn't want to do quite as much work to make it happen.

Emulation reports so far say it's solid.

Also you can pair it as a controller with those $5 atgames devices and play them on the system which makes me wonder if you can BT pair it with a game console or other device like a PC to expand it's abilities since the thing has two HDMI inputs it could make playing that stuff on it somewhat seamless. What I'm imagining is using one of the usb controller adapters on the switch, passing through the video on one of the two hdmi inputs, and then playing Smash. It might work. Even if it doesn't, you can pass through the video and just use controllers.
Correct. There previous stuff has been....garbage. But that was pretty clear out of the gate.

This thing is just good. Real good. I haven’t even tried any of the server crap and don’t plan to. I bought this as an arcade cab to play arcade games. For anyone that doesn’t want to mess with configuring a PI and getting it all setup, this just works. Both the -reinstalled games and MAME.

Can someone help me out here...what is the difference between the WalMart and Sam's club version of the Legend Ultimate cabinet? There's a $100 price difference, but I'm blind because I don't see what you get for the extra $100. 

Can someone help me out here...what is the difference between the WalMart and Sam's club version of the Legend Ultimate cabinet? There's a $100 price difference, but I'm blind because I don't see what you get for the extra $100.
Nothing. Sams is a paid membership place ... memberships start around $45 /mo

Sam's Club version comes with Namco 10 game Blast stick, 3 months of ArcadeNet and 5 hours of BYOG. Supposedly, the cabinet dimemsions are a few inches smaller on the Walmart version - but that seems hard to imagine. Could just be a spec error on the Walmart website.

Of note, the height of the control panel is lower when compared next to an AIU w riser.

Sent from my SM-P580 using Tapatalk

It doesn't make any sense to me why there would be different dimensions for the Wal-Mart version compared to the Sam's Club version. To get the lower price you have to pay $100 for plus but it's pointless for me because the closest Sam's Club is 4 hours away. Also, Sam's Club is sold out, Wal-Mart is not. Meh.

Final Fight is already at Black Friday price on Walmart. Having a hard time pulling the trigger cause I really want a Mortal Kombat and I know need to save room for the Burger Time down the road

Damn bought final fight for 199.
Ordered again for 149 will return it with old receipt

Wish they price match their own website
Just did the same for the $200 Galaga cab I bought last week. I’m having the online order shipped to my house and will keep the one that looks to be in the best condition.

But still hoping for a final $75 clearance price after BF or the holidays.

Just picked up Final Fight for $150 - thanks! Brickseek isn’t working, but Walmart’s online website was accurate.

Just picked up Final Fight for $150 - thanks! Brickseek isn’t working, but Walmart’s online website was accurate.
Final Fight is a solid deal for $150 if you aren't looking to mod the cab because I think it has a good set of games for the price. I'd buy it myself if I didn't already have a Final Fight LCD/PCB (which was sent to me by Arcade1up accidentally to replace my bad Asteroids LCD) which I'm considering putting into the original Asteroids cab with a new/modified control deck since I already have another Asteroids cab.

Final Fight is a solid deal for $150 if you aren't looking to mod the cab because I think it has a good set of games for the price. I'd buy it myself if I didn't already have a Final Fight LCD/PCB (which was sent to me by Arcade1up accidentally to replace my bad Asteroids LCD) which I'm considering putting into the original Asteroids cab with a new/modified control deck since I already have another Asteroids cab.
I personally think it’s silly to fully mod arcade1ups unless you get them at a great price (ie $75). I agree with you that this is a solid cabinet to keep as is for the price. We bought 2 for some younger cousins- the plan is they get them as is for Christmas and then sometime after that I’ll mod with a pi for them.

Yes. I bought my Galaga for $75 and had zero interest in Galaga. Needless to say- Galaga is still really fun! I quite enjoyed it.
Galaga is one of my favorite games (the other being Robotron). I’ve been playing it on a modded A1Up cab, but bought the Galaga cab once it hit $150 so I can have the artwork and just leave that cab dedicated to Galaga.

To do well at them, both games (Galaga and Robotron) require you to get a feel for the patterns of how the enemies move and a zen-like awareness of what is happening on the entire screen at once.

It may deserve its own thread, but someone on reddit said the Legends Ultimate Arcade will be on sale around December 13th or 14th for $100 off.

In picked one up earlier this week and it’s extremely easy to add additional games. I’ve just pulled out the control deck so far, but that can be hooked up via HDMI like a Pandora’s box. All the controls have micro switches, they seem to be updating firmware once a week, and seems to have a quickly growing community.

The cabinet is a bit gaudy, hopefully someone will start selling vinyl overlays (I might end up plastidipping mine), but functionally, it seems great.

It may deserve its own thread, but someone on reddit said the Legends Ultimate Arcade will be on sale around December 13th or 14th for $100 off.

In picked one up earlier this week and it’s extremely easy to add additional games. I’ve just pulled out the control deck so far, but that can be hooked up via HDMI like a Pandora’s box. All the controls have micro switches, they seem to be updating firmware once a week, and seems to have a quickly growing community.

The cabinet is a bit gaudy, hopefully someone will start selling vinyl overlays (I might end up plastidipping mine), but functionally, it seems great.
Id be interested in more information on this! Who said that?

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Walmart.com online prices have definitely dropped compared to in-store/brickseek prices. 

Final Fight and Galaga are now $150 online

Mortal Combat dropped to $230 online

PackMan and Marvel dropped to $250 

Street Fighter 2 to $245

Rampage is still $300

Asteroids is still $170

And for some strange reason, Centipede increased back to $200 (I think it had been $180)

Other than Final Fight and Galaga being at the Black Friday prices now and for online purchase, none of the others are very good deals unless you were considering paying full price. 

I'm struggling to pull the trigger on $150 Final Fight. I see the 1944 included is actually 1944: The Loop Master? Never heard of that so how does it play vs OG 1944?

I'm struggling to pull the trigger on $150 Final Fight. I see the 1944 included is actually 1944: The Loop Master? Never heard of that so how does it play vs OG 1944?
1944 Loop Master is a horizontal (and simultaneous 2-player I believe) game in the 194x series. It is actually a better choice for the horizontal screen in this cab since the other 194x games are vertical screen games and would be shrunk to fit the horizontal screen.

1944 Loop Master is a horizontal (and simultaneous 2-player I believe) game in the 194x series. It is actually a better choice for the horizontal screen in this cab since the other 194x games are vertical screen games and would be shrunk to fit the horizontal screen.
I have the Final Fight cab. I'm not sure how 1944 Loop Master compares to 1944 but it's tremendous fun. You can play it simultaneous 2 player. Me and MelaniaCat have finished it and Final Fight a couple of times. I've yet to play Ghosts'N'Goblins and Strider any more than a couple of minutes so far.

Noticed on BS that a local Walmart had Galaga for $50 and Final Fight at $74 as of today. All stores except for this one are delisted from BS for Final Fight. I went ahead and took the drive, and walked out with a $50 Galaga/Galaxian.

bread's done
Back