The Home Arcade Tremendous Deals and Discussion Thread

MinDRIoT

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (97%)
Having recently acquired a couple of tremendous Arcade1Up machines on sale at a local Walmart. Very tremendous. I thought we needed a dedicated Arcade1Up deals thread to keep track of deals. I know deals people, believe me.

These deals are very YMMV but it seems many, many Walmarts are clearing these out right now. Clearing them out. Brickseek links provided where available, check your local stores for price and availability. Brickseek is not 100% accurate though, as I said ... YMMV.

Search your local area, or any ZIP, for in store deals with deals.consolekits.com (Site no longer exists)

Asteroids, Major Havoc, Lunar Lander and Tempest - as low as $75 in store, very hard to find or $164.99 online

Centipede, Millipede, Missile Command, Crystal Castles - as low as $75 in store, very hard to find or $174.99 online

Final Fight, 1944, Ghosts'N Goblins, Strider - as low as $125 in store $150 at Walmart online

Galaga, Galaxian - as low as $75 in store $150 at Walmart online

Mortal Kombat I,II & III - as low as $150 in store $199 at Walmart online

Pacman, Pacman PLUS - as low as $150 in store

Rampage, Gauntlet, Joust, Defender - as low as $75 in store $199 at Walmart online

Space Invaders - as low as $75 in store $150 at Walmart online

Street Fighter ll - as low as $75 in store $199 at Walmart online

Golden Tee - $299 at Walmart

Marvel Superheroes - $299 at Walmart

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Arcade Machine w/ Riser - $349 at Walmart

Star Wars w/riser - $399 at Walmart

Pac-Man Head to Head Arcade Table with Two Pac-Man Gaming Stools (No Galaga or DigDug)- $450 at Sam's

Street Fighter Head to Head Arcade Table - $430 at Walmart

Legends Ultimate Home Arcade Special Edition - $500 at Sam's

Arcade1up Riser - $44.88 online or order for instore pickup

I myself picked up the Final Fight and Rampage machines for $125 each for the Oval Office in the White CatCondo.

Last edited by a moderator:
As far as golden tee goes I'm a big fan of the game. I don't play golf or watch it on TV.
Gt is a really fun game to play with your friends and easy enough to learn for casuals.

I'd argue that most people buying these are actually buying them for their kids to play since the controls are two feet off the ground. I can't picture many 50+ year olds wanting to play an arcade golf game while on their knees and I can't imagine any kids being excited to play a golf game over pretty much anything else.
That's why it includes the riser by default. I don't think you can get it without one.

Like other said, this is almost exclusively for the bar crowd, as it is very common. It's not always being played, but it is a staple of the bar scene like the dartboard and pool table and does get played a lot. Very easy to play with one hand while you hold your beer.

No $150 Turtles cabs within reasonable distance from me, but there is a Wal-Mart selling them for $250. Wonder if I should pick one up, or wait and see if it gets even cheaper.

Not sure how long these will last at this price, but Gamestop has the Quarter Arcade 1/4 scale cabs on sale for $99. Galaga is the latest, and retails for $179 direct from Numskull, so this was a sweet deal($149 at GS). My order is already on it's way, so hopefully packaging isn't shit, but only time will tell. Pac-Man is older, and sold out online, as I don't think they ever got a second run of those, but you may find some locally in store if interested. And Ms Pac-Man is due out later this month, but those are $99 as well, so I pre-order that as well, since these are due to retail for $150-$179.

https://www.gamestop.com/search/?q=quarter%2Barcade&lang=default&rule=best-matches

Didn't know where to post this, as didn't know if it warranted it's own thread, and I could have posted at GS thread, but here seems the most likely crowd of interest. Maybe the front page can get a banner for the Galaga, as that is in stock and shipping. I'm sure the arguments of price and demand will begin, but for the same reasons A1Up has a business, the same goes for Numskull and New Wave Toys. These mini cabs are way cool, and have there market same as anything else, so different strokes for different folks right? LOL
I meant to thank you for pointing this out, turns out this was a one day cyber monday deal. I went to the store and preordered one. Hopefully it comes out tomorrow, and emulation is the faster version. On another note, does A1UP not have the license for Ms Pacman? A cab with ms. pacman, super pacman, junior pacman would sell like hotcakes!

Well, it appears Walmart just never shipped it. On the downside they don’t anticipate me having my legends cabinet until January. On the upside, they’ve refunded a couple hundred now.

No $150 Turtles cabs within reasonable distance from me, but there is a Wal-Mart selling them for $250. Wonder if I should pick one up, or wait and see if it gets even cheaper.
I bet $150s will continue to appear. Everywhere seems to have tons of inventory of these.

I meant to thank you for pointing this out, turns out this was a one day cyber monday deal. I went to the store and preordered one. Hopefully it comes out tomorrow, and emulation is the faster version. On another note, does A1UP not have the license for Ms Pacman? A cab with ms. pacman, super pacman, junior pacman would sell like hotcakes!
Did you get Galaga or Ms. Pac-Man, as Galaga has been out for a minute, and mine shipped within 48 hrs, and arrived last week. Yeah, those $100 prices lasted the whole weekend, as I first noticed them on Friday, but it took a few days for me to order and that's when I posted the deal. At first I thought it was a glitch, as Galaga had just been released within the last month, and GS may have had it way less than that. Then if you read the reviews, it shows GS had it listed as "Galaxian" first, or at least the pics, so it just seemed like an issue on many levels, but for the price I gambled. Ms Pac was delayed, and is due out in January I believe, or ASAP(which may be feb or mar).

Yeah, the license for this stuff is a YMMV type deal I'm sure, as we now have those small MyArcade cabs, then New Wave Toys & Numskull with 1/6 & 1/4 scale cabs and of course Arcade1Up. I have no idea if the license for this stuff is based on the item offered, the game itself, limited in time or a combination across all of these. So maybe two different companies can offer the same cab, so long as it's a different market.

Almost all of these A1Up cabs have missed the mark for me, as I agree, having an all in one "Pac-Man" machine would be the only way I would even consider buying one of these(Star Wars is the only one I've even looked at, due to it being complete). As it's just not worth it to me personally for 1-3 games in most cases, that often don't go together. I'm sure that's an issue of the licenses, but to buy a full cab like these and only be able to play a few games, seems like a waste of space. Buying to mod, or to acquire an all in one arcade emulation cab, that's a solid buy, due to the value as you can have tons of games, on that one big cab that takes up a good amount of space.

On another note, does A1UP not have the license for Ms Pacman? A cab with ms. pacman, super pacman, junior pacman would sell like hotcakes!
Ms Pac Man wasn't originally created by Bandai Namco like the others and the rights for it have gone through some interesting legal twists recently... ironically, mostly due to some shady business by AtGames. Here's an interesting article about it:
https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2019/09/the-rights-to-ms-pac-man-are-caught-in-a-messy-legal-battle/

Heads up to those looking at the Pac-Man cocktail cab at Sam's Club...it only comes with Pac games unlike the other ones I've seen online that have Galaga and Dig Dug.

Ms Pac Man wasn't originally created by Bandai Namco like the others and the rights for it have gone through some interesting legal twists recently... ironically, mostly due to some shady business by AtGames. Here's an interesting article about it:
https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2019/09/the-rights-to-ms-pac-man-are-caught-in-a-messy-legal-battle/
AtGames strikes again uh? Should have known. LOL

On a side note, everyone should give "Crazy Otto" a go with Misfit MAME, as it's a cool piece of gaming history, that many have no clue about.

So when I Google search it shows Walmart has TMNT for $299 but my local Walmart has it fit $349. If I set my store to one of the zip codes that has it for a lower price will my Walmart price match it? Anyone know which zips have that price?
Walmart stores have to match their online price. I've spoken to multiple managers about this question in the past.

Will one Walmart store price match another on these?
It's YMMV. The ones in my area will not match a "Manager's Special" clearance item from another store. They said its based on stock and some stores ordered too much stock so they have to clearance them out. The store that only has 1 or 2 left, usually won't give you the $75 price from the other store that was 15 miles away (my example). Some nice manager's will say F- it...they'll give it to you. So it's entirely YMMV

AtGames strikes again uh? Should have known. LOL

On a side note, everyone should give "Crazy Otto" a go with Misfit MAME, as it's a cool piece of gaming history, that many have no clue about.
I wouldn't necessarily blame all this on AtGames. Apparently, Namco was also trying to take advantage of GCC to get a reduced royalty payment and/or buy out their entire intellectual property rights.

The actual complaint can be read here:

https://www.polygon.com/2019/9/26/20886032/ms-pac-man-lawsuit-bandai-namco-atgames-rights-royalties

https://www.jdsupra.com/legalnews/the-ghosts-of-past-licensing-agreements-61442/

From what I've read Namco is mad at AtGames, but mainly because AtGames got in the way of their trying to secure rights. Not necessarily because AtGames actually did anything wrong (other than release a shitty product, which AtGames most assuredly did do, but Namco seems to be using that as an excuse).

From what I've read Namco is mad at AtGames, but mainly because AtGames got in the way of their trying to secure rights. Not necessarily because AtGames actually did anything wrong (other than release a shitty product, which AtGames most assuredly did do, but Namco seems to be using that as an excuse).
Yeah, the Judge threw out the injunction request to prevent AtGames from moving forward with any planes to release Ms. Pacman because Namco didn't have a good enough legal reason to stop them. LOL.

My guess is that we will see a Ms. Pac-Man product really soon, since AtGames will want to take advantage of their license.

I hate GS. The Ms Pac-Man link says "Expected Date: 10/18/2019".

Do they sell these at Ross now?  I saw a Rampage cabinet sitting within the checkout area with some paper with writing on it, but wasn't close enough to read what it said.  Not sure if it was an employee stashing it there bought somewhere else or what.

Do they sell these at Ross now? I saw a Rampage cabinet sitting within the checkout area with some paper with writing on it, but wasn't close enough to read what it said. Not sure if it was an employee stashing it there bought somewhere else or what.
I know I saw a 12-1 at TJ Maxx and a Street Fighter cab at Dirt Cheap (salvage store). I guess they're starting to make it to the discount retailers.

I hate GS. The Ms Pac-Man link says "Expected Date: 10/18/2019".
Well, in their defense which goes against my grain, as I can't stand GS either, Numskull was planning to release this sooner, so GS may have just been using the info given. Numskull seems to have picked the right name for their company, as they had the brilliant idea of releasing 3 of these $180 cabs within 1-2 months of each other. As Galaxian and Ms Pac-Man both had planned releases for last month, but got pushed back to January, at least for now.

Of course we are long past that date for Ms Pac, so changing it may help at this point, but as stated earlier, GS had the wrong picture for the Galaga machine, so this may be their F-Up after all. LOL

TJ Maxx had a Galage one for $129. (Easton Mall location in Columbus, Ohio.) Only had the one game, and have only seen it at that one location. (I've been visiting them all looking for the Dragon Dogma Switch game...with no luck so far.)

Rampage now $199 online.  Same with MK and SF.  So tempted to get Rampage and SF (previously $149 BF Sale).  I guess I can wait on SF since I've seen it lower.  Rampage, $199 is the lowest I've seen in my area.  Brickseek had one for $74 20 miles away, but when I called the store, they said they had no stock.

Rampage now $199 online. Same with MK and SF. So tempted to get Rampage and SF (previously $149 BF Sale). I guess I can wait on SF since I've seen it lower. Rampage, $199 is the lowest I've seen in my area. Brickseek had one for $74 20 miles away, but when I called the store, they said they had no stock.
Does Rampage come with a clear control overlay? Also, is Gauntlet screwed up (freezes after a certain level, if I recall hearing correctly)?

Does Rampage come with a clear control overlay? Also, is Gauntlet screwed up (freezes after a certain level, if I recall hearing correctly)?
Rampage is part of the first wave of cabinets which do not have the overlay. I believe you can purchase it separately though. I believe you are correct about Gauntlet as well. I passed on a Rampage cabinet for $125 awhile back and somewhat regret it, but I have a Final Fight cabinet now, which I wanted a lot more than Rampage. Of course now though I do wish I had picked the Rampage up as it would have been a good one to mod out.

My TJ Maxx has Galaga for $299. Now, it comes with a custom riser, but compared to Black Friday’s special, it’s hard to justify that price.

I believe you are correct about Gauntlet as well.
WTF!? I heard about Gauntlet being 2 players ONLY, but I had never heard that it freezes at some point. If that's true, what complete and utter BS on their part, and did they offer a fix for buyers?

Yeah 300 for Galaga at TJ Maxx is a rip even with a riser. Maybe they'll get marked down though once Christmas is behind us and they need to clear space.

WTF!? I heard about Gauntlet being 2 players ONLY, but I had never heard that it freezes at some point. If that's true, what complete and utter BS on their part, and did they offer a fix for buyers?
It's a limit of the software that it doesn't go above a certain level. If you complain they have a fixed version but you have to take the thing apart to replace the computer circuit board (unless they ship the entire monitor with the board attached) and even then it has some sound issues on two of the characters but at least the game works.

The 1 store near me that had TMNT on clearance raised the price back to $399.99. I was hoping that with 6+ listed in stock, they would keep lowering the price to get rid of them.

Yeah 300 for Galaga at TJ Maxx is a rip even with a riser. Maybe they'll get marked down though once Christmas is behind us and they need to clear space.

It's a limit of the software that it doesn't go above a certain level. If you complain they have a fixed version but you have to take the thing apart to replace the computer circuit board (unless they ship the entire monitor with the board attached) and even then it has some sound issues on two of the characters but at least the game works.
When I bought it from Walmart not too long ago it had the fixed version (by "fixed", I mean it doesn't lock up at level 30), so there are definitely units with updated boards out there.

After a few weeks with the At Games Legends Ultimate I wanted to post some thoughts on anyone considering it (especially with the upcoming Sam's discount):

-Build quality is impressive all around.  Joysticks and rotary knobs are great.  The light up marquee is a really nice touch.  My unit has a small gap on the right side where you can see a bit of the raw wood paneling between the screen and the side, but I think it was my fault in assembly.  Overall it's no big deal. The sound quality of the stereo speakers is impressive.

-Set Up - Extremely easy to set up.  It requires a phillips screw driver and a total of about 16-20 screws.   The 4 joystick panel plugs snap into clearly labeled and "fool proof"  slots.  I'm bad at putting together furniture, etc and it still only took me about 20 minutes to have it completely assembled and running. 

-The user interace is super slick.  Two easily accessible HDMI ports on the front for video input that you can switch between with the touch of a button.  Adding roms is incredibly easy and there is a built in function on the Home screen called "Add Ons" that you click to immediately bring up any roms you added via USB.    

-Game Selection - Yeah it doesn't have a lot of the big hitter classics, but this thing has some amazing deep cuts on it. In addition to having most of the big Atari Arcade games, it also has a great collection of Data East and Jaleco games.  Heavy Barrel, Joe & Mac Arcade, Karate Champ, Astynax, and hundreds more. The Atari collection also has some great cuts (Mountain King Arcade version!, Warlords, etc.).  I love that it has Fighters History (the first Street Fighter copy-cat game made famous by the Capcom lawsuit).  Adding roms is pretty easy, but even if you didn't add any, this collection easily has 3 or 4 dozen fantastic classics on it and a lot of hidden gems. 

-Streaming/Buying Games:  In addition to letting you add your own roms or plug up any HDMI device and configure the controls, it also comes with a streaming service that is in a free beta.  It has a collection of great SNK classics on it.  Over my school's wi-fi connection, I found little to no discernable lag.  These were completely playable.  They also promise the ability to buy these games and download them coming, giving one of the few ways to buy roms legitimately on any of these units (I have no problem buying them if they give me the open and fully intend to do so for any games they put on the service I want in my collection).  

-Extra Functionalities:  A recent update allows you to add blutooth controllers, so you can get your 4 player TMNT, etc on fairly easily.  You can also add custom bezels and art work to any games you add.  Joystick options are customizable for each game.  

Overall I gotta say this thing is the real deal.  This is the ultimate at home arcade unit.  The only real downsides I can come with is the more expensive price and that it takes up a larger footprint than the 1up cabinets, but those are pretty minor downsides given what you get.  I can't really think of a feature they left out.  I can't recommend this thing enough. 

I still plan on buying one or two of the 1up units if they get cheap enough, but mainly as window dressing/cool conversation pieces.  This thing is all you need for a real Arcade at home experience.  At Games did some really shoddy work in the past, but this thing is all aces.  

After a few weeks with the At Games Legends Ultimate I wanted to post some thoughts on anyone considering it (especially with the upcoming Sam's discount):

-Build quality is impressive all around. Joysticks and rotary knobs are great. The light up marquee is a really nice touch. My unit has a small gap on the right side where you can see a bit of the raw wood paneling between the screen and the side, but I think it was my fault in assembly. Overall it's no big deal. The sound quality of the stereo speakers is impressive.

-Set Up - Extremely easy to set up. It requires a phillips screw driver and a total of about 16-20 screws. The 4 joystick panel plugs snap into clearly labeled and "fool proof" slots. I'm bad at putting together furniture, etc and it still only took me about 20 minutes to have it completely assembled and running.

-The user interace is super slick. Two easily accessible HDMI ports on the front for video input that you can switch between with the touch of a button. Adding roms is incredibly easy and there is a built in function on the Home screen called "Add Ons" that you click to immediately bring up any roms you added via USB.

-Game Selection - Yeah it doesn't have a lot of the big hitter classics, but this thing has some amazing deep cuts on it. In addition to having most of the big Atari Arcade games, it also has a great collection of Data East and Jaleco games. Heavy Barrel, Joe & Mac Arcade, Karate Champ, Astynax, and hundreds more. The Atari collection also has some great cuts (Mountain King Arcade version!, Warlords, etc.). I love that it has Fighters History (the first Street Fighter copy-cat game made famous by the Capcom lawsuit). Adding roms is pretty easy, but even if you didn't add any, this collection easily has 3 or 4 dozen fantastic classics on it and a lot of hidden gems.

-Streaming/Buying Games: In addition to letting you add your own roms or plug up any HDMI device and configure the controls, it also comes with a streaming service that is in a free beta. It has a collection of great SNK classics on it. Over my school's wi-fi connection, I found little to no discernable lag. These were completely playable. They also promise the ability to buy these games and download them coming, giving one of the few ways to buy roms legitimately on any of these units (I have no problem buying them if they give me the open and fully intend to do so for any games they put on the service I want in my collection).

-Extra Functionalities: A recent update allows you to add blutooth controllers, so you can get your 4 player TMNT, etc on fairly easily. You can also add custom bezels and art work to any games you add. Joystick options are customizable for each game.

Overall I gotta say this thing is the real deal. This is the ultimate at home arcade unit. The only real downsides I can come with is the more expensive price and that it takes up a larger footprint than the 1up cabinets, but those are pretty minor downsides given what you get. I can't really think of a feature they left out. I can't recommend this thing enough.

I still plan on buying one or two of the 1up units if they get cheap enough but mainly as window dressing/cool conversation pieces. This thing is all you need for a real Arcade at home experience. At Games did some really shoddy work in the past, but this thing is all aces.
Agree 100%. If you can swing the price, as far as a unit to actually play as opposed to look at, this thing beats the A1U cabs by a mile. Not even close. Sold my 2 Arcade 1ups on Craigslist.

Agree 100%. If you can swing the price, as far as a unit to actually play as opposed to look at, this thing beats the A1U cabs by a mile. Not even close. Sold my 2 Arcade 1ups on Craigslist.
Which 1up machines did you own, if you don't mind me asking?

I was thinking about picking up one or two to go on the sides of this unit for my college's Gameclub (we are lucky enough to have a dedicated room). The ones was considering was the Street Fighter, MK, and one with Rampage, Joust, Gauntlet, & Defender just because those are the ones I thought might actually get some decent play.

However if the joysticks/inputs are significantly inferior (especially for the fighting games), I'm not sure I'd want them for that. Maybe I'll just pick up whatever goes on sale for $75 or so just to have it for decoration purposes rather buying one of the aformentioned. My local Walmart already has the Space Invaders one for $75. If I was just buying it for window dressing, that one would do as well as any i suppose.

-Build quality is impressive all around. Joysticks and rotary knobs are great. The light up marquee is a really nice touch. My unit has a small gap on the right side where you can see a bit of the raw wood paneling between the screen and the side, but I think it was my fault in assembly. Overall it's no big deal. The sound quality of the stereo speakers is impressive.

-Set Up - Extremely easy to set up. It requires a phillips screw driver and a total of about 16-20 screws. The 4 joystick panel plugs snap into clearly labeled and "fool proof" slots. I'm bad at putting together furniture, etc and it still only took me about 20 minutes to have it completely assembled and running.

-The user interace is super slick. Two easily accessible HDMI ports on the front for video input that you can switch between with the touch of a button. Adding roms is incredibly easy and there is a built in function on the Home screen called "Add Ons" that you click to immediately bring up any roms you added via USB.

-Game Selection - Yeah it doesn't have a lot of the big hitter classics, but this thing has some amazing deep cuts on it. In addition to having most of the big Atari Arcade games, it also has a great collection of Data East and Jaleco games. Heavy Barrel, Joe & Mac Arcade, Karate Champ, Astynax, and hundreds more. The Atari collection also has some great cuts (Mountain King Arcade version!, Warlords, etc.). I love that it has Fighters History (the first Street Fighter copy-cat game made famous by the Capcom lawsuit). Adding roms is pretty easy, but even if you didn't add any, this collection easily has 3 or 4 dozen fantastic classics on it and a lot of hidden gems.

-Streaming/Buying Games: In addition to letting you add your own roms or plug up any HDMI device and configure the controls, it also comes with a streaming service that is in a free beta. It has a collection of great SNK classics on it. Over my school's wi-fi connection, I found little to no discernable lag. These were completely playable. They also promise the ability to buy these games and download them coming, giving one of the few ways to buy roms legitimately on any of these units (I have no problem buying them if they give me the open and fully intend to do so for any games they put on the service I want in my collection).

-Extra Functionalities: A recent update allows you to add blutooth controllers, so you can get your 4 player TMNT, etc on fairly easily. You can also add custom bezels and art work to any games you add. Joystick options are customizable for each game.

Overall I gotta say this thing is the real deal. This is the ultimate at home arcade unit. The only real downsides I can come with is the more expensive price and that it takes up a larger footprint than the 1up cabinets, but those are pretty minor downsides given what you get. I can't really think of a feature they left out. I can't recommend this thing enough.

I still plan on buying one or two of the 1up units if they get cheap enough, but mainly as window dressing/cool conversation pieces. This thing is all you need for a real Arcade at home experience. At Games did some really shoddy work in the past, but this thing is all aces.
When you add games via usb, can you just store them on the arcade machine or do they have to stay on the stick? Only being able to play them with a usb stick protruding out of the control panel would kind of suck.

I still plan on buying one or two of the 1up units if they get cheap enough, but mainly as window dressing/cool conversation pieces. This thing is all you need for a real Arcade at home experience. At Games did some really shoddy work in the past, but this thing is all aces.
Seriously. Appreciate the feedback. Will probably grab this solely from your recommendation. Thanks!

When you add games via usb, can you just store them on the arcade machine or do they have to stay on the stick? Only being able to play them with a usb stick protruding out of the control panel would kind of suck.
As of now, I don't think there is any way to download the games from USB to the system (without modding I mean), but they are updating it with new features every couple of weeks, so it's possible.

Honestly, I don't think it's a big deal at all. The USB panel is in the top right corner, out of the way of joysticks, etc. Also I have a tiny USB flash drive that is so small it barely protrudes at all; we are talking less than 1/4th of an inch. This one here.

One feature I would like to see is the ability to just display the USB games on the main home screen and/or re-arrange the order of games. However, like I said, it's a really easily accessible option as it is. On the home screen, it's about 3 button inputs to get your flash drive games.

I'm actually going out of town tomorrow and will be near a Sam's Club.  Will stop in there pick up an Legends Ultimate if they have them.  I was already planning to do that.   This will beat building out my pi into a bar top or trying to build my own and have it look less than janky.

Noticing some stores on the the Walmart ap are dropping prices on various arcade1up's.  Seeing Galaga, Final Fight , and Rampage at $99. YMMV

I really need amazon to have golden tee for under $300 (currently $330 via a third party on amazon). Just traded in my Xbox one S there for $166 and with gift cards and credit and such I’m at a little over $200.

Noticing some stores on the the Walmart ap are dropping prices on various arcade1up's. Seeing Galaga, Final Fight , and Rampage at $99. YMMV
My local store dropped TMNT to $200. I picked up Golden Tee for $200, MK $150, and Marvel for $150. Didn't really need them but I'm an impulse buyer.

bread's done
Back