The Home Arcade Tremendous Deals and Discussion Thread

MinDRIoT

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (97%)
Having recently acquired a couple of tremendous Arcade1Up machines on sale at a local Walmart. Very tremendous. I thought we needed a dedicated Arcade1Up deals thread to keep track of deals. I know deals people, believe me.

These deals are very YMMV but it seems many, many Walmarts are clearing these out right now. Clearing them out. Brickseek links provided where available, check your local stores for price and availability. Brickseek is not 100% accurate though, as I said ... YMMV.

Search your local area, or any ZIP, for in store deals with deals.consolekits.com (Site no longer exists)

Asteroids, Major Havoc, Lunar Lander and Tempest - as low as $75 in store, very hard to find or $164.99 online

Centipede, Millipede, Missile Command, Crystal Castles - as low as $75 in store, very hard to find or $174.99 online

Final Fight, 1944, Ghosts'N Goblins, Strider - as low as $125 in store $150 at Walmart online

Galaga, Galaxian - as low as $75 in store $150 at Walmart online

Mortal Kombat I,II & III - as low as $150 in store $199 at Walmart online

Pacman, Pacman PLUS - as low as $150 in store

Rampage, Gauntlet, Joust, Defender - as low as $75 in store $199 at Walmart online

Space Invaders - as low as $75 in store $150 at Walmart online

Street Fighter ll - as low as $75 in store $199 at Walmart online

Golden Tee - $299 at Walmart

Marvel Superheroes - $299 at Walmart

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Arcade Machine w/ Riser - $349 at Walmart

Star Wars w/riser - $399 at Walmart

Pac-Man Head to Head Arcade Table with Two Pac-Man Gaming Stools (No Galaga or DigDug)- $450 at Sam's

Street Fighter Head to Head Arcade Table - $430 at Walmart

Legends Ultimate Home Arcade Special Edition - $500 at Sam's

Arcade1up Riser - $44.88 online or order for instore pickup

I myself picked up the Final Fight and Rampage machines for $125 each for the Oval Office in the White CatCondo.

Last edited by a moderator:
No, you can emulate pinball roms, but even the best pinball emulators fall short of the real thing, far more than typical arcade games do.
So says you. The ps4 title emulates the best Williams games nicely. Unless you don’t know how to play them it’s as close to crotching a coinslot as it gets.

So says you. The ps4 title emulates the best Williams games nicely. Unless you don’t know how to play them it’s as close to crotching a coinslot as it gets.
Emulate a physical ball that rolls around a mechanically oriented table in three dimensions. Yeah. Okay.

Emulate a physical ball that rolls around a mechanically oriented table in three dimensions. Yeah. Okay.
Like emulating a car that needs a steering wheel and gas pedal and drives on a road in 3 dimensions. 🤔

Anyway. You’re helping the point- some people want the real thing and not emulation.

I picked up a horizontal (Asteroids) and a vertical (Space Invaders) cabinet for $75/each a few months back... both of which I gutted and modded. Couldn't be happier. All in, I have a little less than MSRP in each. The Legends machine may be GOAT, but it does little good when Santa needs this under the tree 9 days from now and it is unicorn in the wild. The AIUs have a gigantic community of everything you could possibly need for modding. $449 for a Legends is great and all, but how many people actually got one at that price? IDK ... some people may enjoy the thrill chasing a Legends down, but not me. I'll be happy with the AIUs.

And speaking of pinball, I had a chance to play one of those half scale viritual pinball machines a few weeks back. At first, I basically laughed at the idea and wouldn't even touch it. But I very quickly warmed to the idea of hundreds of tables in a small foot print with basically zero maintainence at a 1/3 of the price. Of course, it won't replace a real pinball machine (those new Stern home releases are amazing.)

Sent from my SM-P580 using Tapatalk

Yeah, that's just it, for me, these are far and away very much different to the OG arcade versions. The height alone is a deal breaker for me, as even with the riser the height is very much off. Then for games like Star Wars and Tempest, a true Vector display is needed, and that's not the case either. The rotary controller is complete garbage, and for most, that's OK, but for me, "close" enough, is not close at all, as it's not original.

So if I'm not getting original, why not get benefits like real time save, improved graphics, controls and or other features that modern tech can offer. So once again, if I'm not playing as it was originally intended, I'm gonna play in the best possible way, which would be a custom set up. But yeah, I love that so many people are reliving their childhoods, as that's what this is all about, these particular cabs just aren't for me.
I can't speak from the 1up with risers as I don't have one. However, the pictures I saw show it being only a couple of inches lower than the Legends Ultimate and I can say using an Ultimate standing feels right. The height is good.

I can't speak from the 1up with risers as I don't have one. However, the pictures I saw show it being only a couple of inches lower than the Legends Ultimate and I can say using an Ultimate standing feels right. The height is good.
I disagree. The height is one of my only 2 complaints with the machine, the other being the volume. It's closer than the 1ups, but clearly the Ultimate is not the height of most actual cabinets. Within 30 minutes I was very much feeling it in my back, particularly in my shoulder where I have an old injury I haven't felt in a long time. Grabbing one of the stools from the breakfast bar in the kitchen fixed the problem and made it the perfect height for me with a tall chair/stool. So, while I agree it is a better height, if you're over 6 feet tall, it's not a good height.

What's the best option for getting a riser now? Seems like they were clearanced at a lot of places but I'm only really seeing it at Walmart for ~$45 now. Pretty sure that's up $5 now that they have a semi-monopoly on it. : \

Now of course "quality" is in the eye the beholder, so if others see these as quality, you can't really argue that, at least not if that's their opinion. Having a full size arcade game of great quality wasn't feasible 30+ years ago, and it's still not. That's why I buy the New Wave Toys & Numskull 1/4-1/6 cabs, as those are perfect in most ways, just not the overall size. But many find that a foolish endeavor, as I could get a 1up for less and get more.

But what makes these popular is lost on me, as I can emulate all these titles rather easily, if all I want to do is play the game. On the collecting side, I want arcade authentic, and that's why I buy what I do. For those who just want to relive a moment in time, and like the smaller, lighter, and sleeker form factor, this is their market. The same way Ikea gets the business it does, is due to their own specific market, and catering to that group.
Of course, now I really don't think the quality is out of line with the price you pay for them at all, even at MSRP. The value is good if you factor it in, and great for people that are just looking to scratch a retro itch. Just pointing out those that think they are getting a solid arcade cabinet built to withstand public use is not going to happen for Arcade1up prices, even shrunken sized. And that is perfectly fine. Ikea is a solid deal for the most part to furnish a first apartment or an extra room or something - but you aren't going to be willing that stuff to your kids and their kids after that the way you would good solid furniture, it is just not made for that sort of longevity.

I disagree. The height is one of my only 2 complaints with the machine, the other being the volume. It's closer than the 1ups, but clearly the Ultimate is not the height of most actual cabinets. Within 30 minutes I was very much feeling it in my back, particularly in my shoulder where I have an old injury I haven't felt in a long time. Grabbing one of the stools from the breakfast bar in the kitchen fixed the problem and made it the perfect height for me with a tall chair/stool. So, while I agree it is a better height, if you're over 6 feet tall, it's not a good height.
What's the problem with the volume?

So far, this thing looks pretty good and I'm definitely thinking about hunting one down. Not too thrilled with the boring front end navigation, but hopefully a future firmware update fixes this. Add the ability to boot into a front end like Hyperspin with attract mode and custom game list and A1Up can pretty much kiss their asses goodbye.

Honestly- the riser is good for me good sitting height, but I wish I did not install it because my 4 year old can’t easily reach it now. She plays it daily and it’s awkward on the stool. I may remove it this week.

Had to do a pickup at a Walmart today. Headed over to electronics and scanned every Arcade1up with the app. Scored a $74 street fighter (they had 1 mixed in with the other cabinets). Have no interest in keeping it. Messaged a couple friends and a buddy of mine is gonna take it off my hands.

Looked it up in the app and on brickseek and it said out of stock.

Keep up the hunt, friends.

What's the problem with the volume?

So far, this thing looks pretty good and I'm definitely thinking about hunting one down. Not too thrilled with the boring front end navigation, but hopefully a future firmware update fixes this. Add the ability to boot into a front end like Hyperspin with attract mode and custom game list and A1Up can pretty much kiss their asses goodbye.
I don't know if it's a problem with mine, or in general, because I can't find anything about it when I google, but I have no volume control with the buttons on the front. I've ended up putting duct tape over the speakers, which makes 95% of games the volume I want. The remaining 5% might as well be muted now, though, because they have no sound making it through.

I don't know if it's a problem with mine, or in general, because I can't find anything about it when I google, but I have no volume control with the buttons on the front. I've ended up putting duct tape over the speakers, which makes 95% of games the volume I want. The remaining 5% might as well be muted now, though, because they have no sound making it through.
My machines buttons work but it the volume doesn't go very low, mine is on 5 out of like 50. Without reading your previous post you may try to check your connections on the back of the control panel. Mine didn't fit in easily maybe you have a loose connection.

I don't know why they didn't just make them taller, instead of using the riser.

To me, that sounds like buttons aren't hooked up if it's making no difference.

Because it throws the proportions off since the cabinet is like 3/4 size of a real cabinet.

And they wouldn't be able to sell you an extra $40 accessory that any adult needs for this thing.

I like the video game versions, but they don't feel like a real pinball machine--it's useful for seeing if I like a game's layout and features, but it's way more random when playing the real thing. Flipper shots are always consistent and 100% exactly the same on the video game version--that's just not how it is on a real game. I love people posting their high scores on pinball forums next to an entire list of actual machine owners as if it's anywhere near the same thing.

Has anyone seen the mini virtual pins at Wal-Mart? They have some old Gottlieb titles like Haunted House. That's a game worth emulating since the real thing is a pain to keep up and running--Black Hole as well.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Haunted-House-Black-Hole-3D-Digital-Pinball-Machine-12-in-1-Gottlieb-Titles-ToyShock-77000/211973564

Good call on the volume buttons.  I had already taken it apart once to double check, but by comparing to the instructions and pictures online I found the connection had fallen inside the cabinet, so I had missed it when hooking it all up.

Good call on the volume buttons. I had already taken it apart once to double check, but by comparing to the instructions and pictures online I found the connection had fallen inside the cabinet, so I had missed it when hooking it all up.
I was going to say... if this thing required that duct tape hack to work properly, any credibility AT Games was managing to claw back would have instantly been vaporized.

Good to hear it was just an assembly issue. I'm really hoping this thing catches on in a major way and eventually leads to things like custom artwork, user hacks, custom firmwares, etc.

I was going to say... if this thing required that duct tape hack to work properly, any credibility AT Games was managing to claw back would have instantly been vaporized.

Good to hear it was just an assembly issue. I'm really hoping this thing catches on in a major way and eventually leads to things like custom artwork, user hacks, custom firmwares, etc.
My buddy came over and played it some today. He took measurements to make a custom marquee and some new graphics for the sides.

I'm a fan of adding the old bezel art. It reminds me of being at Wonderland pumping nickels into machines all night on Fridays as a kid.

I was trying to think of ways to make a custom marquee. It's something I think they should sell in the future.

Taller means more material, and more cost, and while most adults may buy these things for nostalgia, kids are probably going to play these most, and it's a perfect size for them. These only really work at these rather low prices, and many old school fans here aren't even buying at full price. So while a few of us would have preferred a full size option, it really doesn't make much sense from a logistical standpoint, which is the only reason these are selling in the first place.

The Arcade1Up machines are all about making them affordable and making them taller would have added cost. Honestly with the riser they aren't too bad, I've never had an issue playing my cabinet as a 5'11 adult man. If I were a larger person though I could imagine even playing a standard size cabinet to be uncomfortable.

I do think if Arcade1Up continues being successful they will inevitably release some full-size premium cabinets and at least test the water with that market.

This is a common question. The most plausible explanation I've come across on another forum is the size is deliberate to keep the A1U packaging under 47 inches in length, otherwise A1U would be hit with a surcharge with every box they ship.

Yeah the boxes would be bigger to ship since they wouldn't fit on a standard pallet which is 48".  But they could have done something like what Legends Ultimate does so that the upper and lower portions have to be connected... but then the side art wouldn't be as pretty.  This weekend I saw and entire setup of 4 A1Up cabs on display at a walmart.  They were all on a shelf about 3" or so off the ground.  The TMNT one with the riser on the shelf looked fairly comfortable for what it is.  Gotta admit, it looked cool but I desire 1 cab at most.   I didn't get over to a sams to check out the Legends.  I don't have a membership and didn't want to jump through the hoops with door security to get in just to see if they had them.  I'll wait for walmart to drop the price in 6 months or whatever it takes and then consider it.

Love me some Fun House but my favorite pin of all time is Champion Pub. It's an experience.
Voltaire is an interesting one. It’s either a terrible game or an easy complete finish. There’s no middle ground for me. It flies by when you get in the zone. Been playing Arabian nights recently. That can be brutal.

Has anyone had any issues with their Arcade 1Up cabinets outputting audio but no video? I've had it happen a couple of times on my Final Fight cabinet now and while I can fix it, I am not trying to take my cabinet apart frequently to mess with it. I guess once I finally mod this thing, it won't be an issue but until then.

I do think if Arcade1Up continues being successful they will inevitably release some full-size premium cabinets and at least test the water with that market.
If they ever do, it had damn well better be a premiere of SNK/MvC series. That would be a shut up and take my money moment. Still waiting for a Gauntlet Dark Legacy announcement.

On that note companies should just release full cabs with their libraries. Imagine a Capcom library cabinet. Oh man.

Had to do a pickup at a Walmart today. Headed over to electronics and scanned every Arcade1up with the app. Scored a $74 street fighter (they had 1 mixed in with the other cabinets). Have no interest in keeping it. Messaged a couple friends and a buddy of mine is gonna take it off my hands.

Looked it up in the app and on brickseek and it said out of stock.

Keep up the hunt, friends.
Why is it the best deals keep going to the ones who deserve it the least? This is one of many posts of people who can care less about 1UP cabinets and end up getting the best deals on them.

Has anyone seen the mini virtual pins at Wal-Mart? They have some old Gottlieb titles like Haunted House. That's a game worth emulating since the real thing is a pain to keep up and running--Black Hole as well.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Haunted-House-Black-Hole-3D-Digital-Pinball-Machine-12-in-1-Gottlieb-Titles-ToyShock-77000/211973564
Those 12 titles are about the crappiest selection of tables you can find, but then again, this is Gottleib we're talking about here.

Why is it the best deals keep going to the ones who deserve it the least? This is one of many posts of people who can care less about 1UP cabinets and end up getting the best deals on them.
I’m sorry. I didn’t realize you were so entitled and more deserving than anyone else.

Perhaps you missed the part where I’m giving it to a friend. You know, the part where I was being a nice person and was helping someone out. You know, the part where I didn’t say I was going to sell it for profit.

Perhaps if you saw my previous posts you’d see that I have 2 arcade1ups and think they are great- and that I recommend them all the time and think people give them a bad rep. And that I really, really want a golden tee cabinet.

Get off your horse.

Those 12 titles are about the crappiest selection of tables you can find, but then again, this is Gottleib we're talking about here.
ETA Prime did a review of this table. On the plus side, it's easy to install and has a backboard that changes depending on the game you're playing. On the down side, it's small, the bezel surrounding the playfield is HUGE and difficult to ignore, and there's a slight delay between pressing action buttons and having the associated flippers react. I was kind of thinking real pinball games were like that because of their mechanical nature, but I'm no expert so I couldn't say for sure.

I like the idea, I'll admit. But it's a hard sell when you can just buy Pinball Arcade for consoles at a small fraction of the price. Or pay nothing at all and just play these games with Visual Pinball. I won't tell... it's not like I'm the pinball police.

It's as if your attitude is the reason why you're not getting deals. Please don't post here if you're going to act like that.

ETA Prime just released a new video showing the actual CPU, so anyone interested may want to take a look see, as it was an interesting viewing.

I didn't get over to a sams to check out the Legends. I don't have a membership and didn't want to jump through the hoops with door security to get in just to see if they had them. I'll wait for walmart to drop the price in 6 months or whatever it takes and then consider it.
It might be different where you live, but we have a Sam's membership and 99% of the times we've shopped there the past several years they didn't ask to see our membership card when we walked in. We just have to scan it before we start checking out. So there's a chance you could just walk into your local Sam's to check out the arcade.

It might be different where you live, but we have a Sam's membership and 99% of the times we've shopped there the past several years they didn't ask to see our membership card when we walked in. We just have to scan it before we start checking out. So there's a chance you could just walk into your local Sam's to check out the arcade.
Since Costco came to town I have not been to Sam's Club, but this was how it was when I was a member in the past. I think my parents still have a membership too, so if these AT Games Legends cabinets hit around $300 at any point, I will have to borrow that membership.

If your concerned with the guy at the door, just walk in to customer service. Then freely walk wherever you want to.

I Appreciate the comment. Back over a decade ago when I was a member it was required to get scanned at the door. Haven't been a member in a LONG time so I'm glad it's changed.

If your concerned with the guy at the door, just walk in to customer service. Then freely walk wherever you want to.
Yeah good point. Part of what put me off stopping by sams was the exit I would have had to take was majorly clogged and I opted not to spend an extra 20 min in traffic and went home instead. I was in the area for other reasons.

They changed it back to needing to show a card at both Sam's Clubs I go to in September. Most people walk in without showing a card and then get stopped because the change is so recent. Maybe it's not in every store/region?

Around where I live they do ask for membership at the door but if you need to go into a Sam's Club you could just say you are going to use the Pharmacy to pickup your prescription. That got me through the door, but then again I was really getting my prescription, and was the cheapest place for them to fill it and well I want the best deal even on my meds when I have to take them. 

Ya. If they don’t ask someone not doing their job. The tip to go to CS / say you’re there to sign up always works though.

Where are you guys buying risers at? I forgot Walmart doesn't PM anymore and they're the only place around with them in-stock. I feel like $45 is a rip-off but I don't want to go cheap on a $180 arcade and just put it on some shit IKEA table. : \

My Arcade1up Street Fighter straight out of the box had multiple issues. The main last one is “phantom” inputs of Fierce Punch when using the right side joystick. They sent me a replacement joystick but the problem still exists. The quality between joysticks is very noticeable so the left side joystick feels like garbage comparably. Now they think a new PCBA will fix the problem. I think it’s the board in the control deck. Any ideas?

Around where I live they do ask for membership at the door but if you need to go into a Sam's Club you could just say you are going to use the Pharmacy to pickup your prescription. That got me through the door, but then again I was really getting my prescription, and was the cheapest place for them to fill it and well I want the best deal even on my meds when I have to take them.
If they are anything like Costco, just hold up any random card in your wallet and keep walking. I've done this with a driver's license, credit card, business card, etc. I've even held up my hand pretending to be holding a card with literally nothing in it and have still never once been stopped. The funny part is I actually do have a membership, i just enjoy seeing how easy it would be to sneak in.

bread's done
Back