The Home Arcade Tremendous Deals and Discussion Thread

MinDRIoT

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (97%)
Having recently acquired a couple of tremendous Arcade1Up machines on sale at a local Walmart. Very tremendous. I thought we needed a dedicated Arcade1Up deals thread to keep track of deals. I know deals people, believe me.

These deals are very YMMV but it seems many, many Walmarts are clearing these out right now. Clearing them out. Brickseek links provided where available, check your local stores for price and availability. Brickseek is not 100% accurate though, as I said ... YMMV.

Search your local area, or any ZIP, for in store deals with deals.consolekits.com (Site no longer exists)

Asteroids, Major Havoc, Lunar Lander and Tempest - as low as $75 in store, very hard to find or $164.99 online

Centipede, Millipede, Missile Command, Crystal Castles - as low as $75 in store, very hard to find or $174.99 online

Final Fight, 1944, Ghosts'N Goblins, Strider - as low as $125 in store $150 at Walmart online

Galaga, Galaxian - as low as $75 in store $150 at Walmart online

Mortal Kombat I,II & III - as low as $150 in store $199 at Walmart online

Pacman, Pacman PLUS - as low as $150 in store

Rampage, Gauntlet, Joust, Defender - as low as $75 in store $199 at Walmart online

Space Invaders - as low as $75 in store $150 at Walmart online

Street Fighter ll - as low as $75 in store $199 at Walmart online

Golden Tee - $299 at Walmart

Marvel Superheroes - $299 at Walmart

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Arcade Machine w/ Riser - $349 at Walmart

Star Wars w/riser - $399 at Walmart

Pac-Man Head to Head Arcade Table with Two Pac-Man Gaming Stools (No Galaga or DigDug)- $450 at Sam's

Street Fighter Head to Head Arcade Table - $430 at Walmart

Legends Ultimate Home Arcade Special Edition - $500 at Sam's

Arcade1up Riser - $44.88 online or order for instore pickup

I myself picked up the Final Fight and Rampage machines for $125 each for the Oval Office in the White CatCondo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got my Final Fight cab assembled and running. The graphics seem more pixelated than the same game running on MAME, but otherwise it's really nice.
Mame probably has a filter on or something. I love the pixelated look of the old school games, at least on CRT's.

Does anyone have any promo codes for ordering directly from their website? I keep seeing one that says 15% off + free shipping but seems like some clickbait BS.

You’ll have to create a ticket online. They don’t have phone customer support.
I am doing that, hey're asking for the serial number, which is 5 letters followed by 10 numbers. Looked everywhere online, and the internet was no help whatsoever. Best I could find was someone saying it was on the top of the machine, but there is no number even close to what they are asking for.

Assembled the Marvel cab on Christmas and I'm surprised just how satisfying it is to play on an arcade machine again. Now I want to get the TMNT one to mod with a Pi since it has a full 4 player deck or the one everyone seems to be talking about for the ability to just add roms to at any time. Only thing I don't get is why they don't put more games on these machines since it seems like such a waste of potential if they're already licensing Marvel games. I so wish this cab had MvC 1+2 and the X-Men arcade game. I'd honestly never need anything more (OK maybe Simpson's arcade) from this cab lol. Also, I never played the punisher game before since I'm not a fan but I gotta say: I think I might like it better than either turtles arcade game. :whistle2:

All I know is when I do have space for more of these, I'm setting it up next to a home theater for a true movie going experience at home. Amazing how much joy this thing brings me already. :)

Only problem with the TMNT cab out of the box is there are only two buttons and start per player. I’d probably just try to get the arcade ultimate instead of installing buttons etc- not my lane so I’m not sure how difficult it is.

Found three Galaga cabs at $100 each today, but they were only marked down at one store in my area. Marvel showed as $100 in the app but they didn't have any. The discounts happened overnight.

Only problem with the TMNT cab out of the box is there are only two buttons and start per player. I’d probably just try to get the arcade ultimate instead of installing buttons etc- not my lane so I’m not sure how difficult it is.
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight, forgot about that. Oh well, one day then!

I am doing that, hey're asking for the serial number, which is 5 letters followed by 10 numbers. Looked everywhere online, and the internet was no help whatsoever. Best I could find was someone saying it was on the top of the machine, but there is no number even close to what they are asking for.
My Street Fighter and Rampage cabs don’t have serial numbers. I just typed that in along with attaching a pic of receipts.

Assembled the Marvel cab on Christmas and I'm surprised just how satisfying it is to play on an arcade machine again. Now I want to get the TMNT one to mod with a Pi since it has a full 4 player deck or the one everyone seems to be talking about for the ability to just add roms to at any time. Only thing I don't get is why they don't put more games on these machines since it seems like such a waste of potential if they're already licensing Marvel games. I so wish this cab had MvC 1+2 and the X-Men arcade game. I'd honestly never need anything more (OK maybe Simpson's arcade) from this cab lol. Also, I never played the punisher game before since I'm not a fan but I gotta say: I think I might like it better than either turtles arcade game. :whistle2:

All I know is when I do have space for more of these, I'm setting it up next to a home theater for a true movie going experience at home. Amazing how much joy this thing brings me already. :)
I couldnt agree more on the feel. Even though most people say the controls are inferior it still feels really nice to play on. On 12/24 I had 0 machines on 12/26 I had 3. Now im in the rabbit hole of figuring out the mod situation.

In your case the Marvel cab is probably the easiest transition as it has a button setup to almost any game. I want to say that every mod I've see wants to add at least 1 add coin/select button for emulators. Overall it all looks pretty simple.

Noticed another store around me dropped TMNT to $200; Salem, IN and Bloomington, IN.
I'd be all over that, if my existing cabinet worked. Now I have to disassemble it and fiddle around with the inner circuitry (per A1UP's instructions) to possibly get it to do what it was supposed to do. Perhaps the Turtles cab will be even cheaper by the time I get my current cab operational as these take up a lot of space and are only worth it if they work, and I will not buy any more cabs until I get the one I already own working.

Can confirm they were selling a Rampage cabinet at Ross for $199.  Not the best price, but might end up getting reduced there since it's so big.

How do you check to see what stores have what prices? Or even just the price in store? They don’t seem to label them.

How do you check to see what stores have what prices? Or even just the price in store? They don’t seem to label them.
most of us are using the brickseek.com walmart inventory checker, now if you are in a walmart store you can use the app and it has a scanner and you can scan the barcode to check in store price.

The final fight arcade is showing 99$ at a Walmart that is out of stock. Can I buy it at another different Walmart and return and rebuy it at the Walmart that had it for 99$ and buy it at that price? 

The final fight arcade is showing 99$ at a Walmart that is out of stock. Can I buy it at another different Walmart and return and rebuy it at the Walmart that had it for 99$ and buy it at that price?
You could try. Some have reported successfully doing this, others have struck out.

I went to one that said it was in stock and it didn't have one I left and drove to another one that was close that was showing out of stock and it was there. IMO go to any one you can that has the low price and check.

I stopped by a TJ Maxx and saw a Galaga with riser and Pac Man with riser for $299 each.  Since I was having my Galaga flashed onto my Final Fight PCU, I jumped on the Pac Man since that's always seem to be sold out and I wanted the special riser.  $199 + $50 riser + $50 graphics come out to be the same.  This way, less work for me.  Walmart's in my area almost never discount that much and Pac Man has been selling for $299 and $399 with no riser for the past month.  

I looked at the box shipping label and noticed that its sent from Arcade 1Up directly to TJ Maxx.  So it looks like they make another version for TJ Maxx.  

Here's hoping that it's a newer version that comes with the deck protector.

I stopped by a TJ Maxx and saw a Galaga with riser and Pac Man with riser for $299 each. Since I was having my Galaga flashed onto my Final Fight PCU, I jumped on the Pac Man since that's always seem to be sold out and I wanted the special riser. $199 + $50 riser + $50 graphics come out to be the same. This way, less work for me. Walmart's in my area almost never discount that much and Pac Man has been selling for $299 and $399 with no riser for the past month.

I looked at the box shipping label and noticed that its sent from Arcade 1Up directly to TJ Maxx. So it looks like they make another version for TJ Maxx.

Here's hoping that it's a newer version that comes with the deck protector.
I got my original pacman right around when they first came out on sale for $200. Love it. Such a classic looking little cabinet.

I eventually converted it to a pi running only vertical games, but kept all the artwork. Love that cab.

Picked up TMNT for $200 in Houston. This will be my first Arcade1Up. I hope I’m smart and handy enough to put it together. If I don’t have too much difficulty, I’d like the Marvel one too. My full sized 4 player X-Men game would look great between them.

Looks like local Walmart’s have restocked many of these 1ups and set them back to 299$. Lots of stuck so I expect drops again.

After following the instructions emailed from 1up, my cab went from doing absolutely nothing when you flipped the on switch, to a white screen that plays the game's audio. Still not playable, but I guess that's progress?

Did you get Galaga or Ms. Pac-Man, as Galaga has been out for a minute, and mine shipped within 48 hrs, and arrived last week. Yeah, those $100 prices lasted the whole weekend, as I first noticed them on Friday, but it took a few days for me to order and that's when I posted the deal. At first I thought it was a glitch, as Galaga had just been released within the last month, and GS may have had it way less than that. Then if you read the reviews, it shows GS had it listed as "Galaxian" first, or at least the pics, so it just seemed like an issue on many levels, but for the price I gambled. Ms Pac was delayed, and is due out in January I believe, or ASAP(which may be feb or mar).

Yeah, the license for this stuff is a YMMV type deal I'm sure, as we now have those small MyArcade cabs, then New Wave Toys & Numskull with 1/6 & 1/4 scale cabs and of course Arcade1Up. I have no idea if the license for this stuff is based on the item offered, the game itself, limited in time or a combination across all of these. So maybe two different companies can offer the same cab, so long as it's a different market.

Almost all of these A1Up cabs have missed the mark for me, as I agree, having an all in one "Pac-Man" machine would be the only way I would even consider buying one of these(Star Wars is the only one I've even looked at, due to it being complete). As it's just not worth it to me personally for 1-3 games in most cases, that often don't go together. I'm sure that's an issue of the licenses, but to buy a full cab like these and only be able to play a few games, seems like a waste of space. Buying to mod, or to acquire an all in one arcade emulation cab, that's a solid buy, due to the value as you can have tons of games, on that one big cab that takes up a good amount of space.
Sorry for the super late response, I got MS Pac Man. I have gotten all of my arcade1up units on clearance. At full price, no not worth it at all.

Found two Turtles cabs for $100 each today. The price didn't show on BS for this location whatsoever, but they scanned fine in-person with the Walmart app.

EDIT: I just checked through the consolekits search and it's showing $349 for this location, but I walked out the door with both for $100 each. Does consolekits have a delay on its pricing or something?

Sorry for the super late response, I got MS Pac Man. I have gotten all of my arcade1up units on clearance. At full price, no not worth it at all.
Yeah, mine showed up last week and it's amazing, as I didn't expect any less after getting their Pac-Man early this year. While I do think the asking price is fair(at least at $149), I'm beyond happy I was able to get Galaga and Ms Pac-Man for $100 a piece, as I doubt these get discounted that low again(but they may if they make to many).

Found two Turtles cabs for $100 each today. The price didn't show on BS for this location whatsoever, but they scanned fine in-person with the Walmart app.

EDIT: I just checked through the consolekits search and it's showing $349 for this location, but I walked out the door with both for $100 each. Does consolekits have a delay on its pricing or something?
Ok I am def going to whip out my scanner now when I see the pallets at walmart :D that would be amazing.

Honestly anyone that really wants one of these should be scanning each cabinet when at Walmart. Brickseek isn’t always accurate and I’ve noticed at least a 1 day delay on consolekits. I scored a $75 street fighter that didn’t show that price on either site.

Just go to a Walmart (if close by) and just start scanning away.

Where do you get these scanners?
Download the Walmart app.

Yeah, mine showed up last week and it's amazing, as I didn't expect any less after getting their Pac-Man early this year. While I do think the asking price is fair(at least at $149), I'm beyond happy I was able to get Galaga and Ms Pac-Man for $100 a piece, as I doubt these get discounted that low again(but they may if they make to many).
Wow, nothing has been mentioned to me by gamestop that my order got in, I gotta see if mine ever got to the store. Is the emulation of the faster ms pac man or the slower one?, or can it be adjusted?

bread's done
Back