The Home Arcade Tremendous Deals and Discussion Thread

MinDRIoT

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (97%)
Having recently acquired a couple of tremendous Arcade1Up machines on sale at a local Walmart. Very tremendous. I thought we needed a dedicated Arcade1Up deals thread to keep track of deals. I know deals people, believe me.

These deals are very YMMV but it seems many, many Walmarts are clearing these out right now. Clearing them out. Brickseek links provided where available, check your local stores for price and availability. Brickseek is not 100% accurate though, as I said ... YMMV.

Search your local area, or any ZIP, for in store deals with deals.consolekits.com (Site no longer exists)

Asteroids, Major Havoc, Lunar Lander and Tempest - as low as $75 in store, very hard to find or $164.99 online

Centipede, Millipede, Missile Command, Crystal Castles - as low as $75 in store, very hard to find or $174.99 online

Final Fight, 1944, Ghosts'N Goblins, Strider - as low as $125 in store $150 at Walmart online

Galaga, Galaxian - as low as $75 in store $150 at Walmart online

Mortal Kombat I,II & III - as low as $150 in store $199 at Walmart online

Pacman, Pacman PLUS - as low as $150 in store

Rampage, Gauntlet, Joust, Defender - as low as $75 in store $199 at Walmart online

Space Invaders - as low as $75 in store $150 at Walmart online

Street Fighter ll - as low as $75 in store $199 at Walmart online

Golden Tee - $299 at Walmart

Marvel Superheroes - $299 at Walmart

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Arcade Machine w/ Riser - $349 at Walmart

Star Wars w/riser - $399 at Walmart

Pac-Man Head to Head Arcade Table with Two Pac-Man Gaming Stools (No Galaga or DigDug)- $450 at Sam's

Street Fighter Head to Head Arcade Table - $430 at Walmart

Legends Ultimate Home Arcade Special Edition - $500 at Sam's

Arcade1up Riser - $44.88 online or order for instore pickup

I myself picked up the Final Fight and Rampage machines for $125 each for the Oval Office in the White CatCondo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, nothing has been mentioned to me by gamestop that my order got in, I gotta see if mine ever got to the store. Is the emulation of the faster ms pac man or the slower one?, or can it be adjusted?
Yeah, I actually ordered two and they only shipped one, so I still have one pending as well. The last I saw from Numskull on social media was that they wanted to get Ms P to preorders by Xmas, and I think they tried, but didn't make it for most. You would normally see tons of videos by now for unboxing, or even reviews, but I think the only ones in the wild are for a select few who got an early release. So they probably paid express direct from the factory to some retailers, as that would explain why no real review copies have been shown yet. As they are still probably waiting on their main shipment to arrive by boat, or whatever cheaper method was used.

As for the settings, all of these just mimic the arcade dip switch settings, and I believe that speed mod was not official, or at least not to the original arcade version. You have difficulty, lives, bonus lives and coinage, although this last one is rather useless in a home setting, it is authentic, as you can set the number of coins needed for 1 credit(which is a button press here).

So hopefully the reaming orders will be filled soon, but don't be surprised if it takes a few weeks or more for that to happen.

Yeah, I actually ordered two and they only shipped one, so I still have one pending as well. The last I saw from Numskull on social media was that they wanted to get Ms P to preorders by Xmas, and I think they tried, but didn't make it for most. You would normally see tons of videos by now for unboxing, or even reviews, but I think the only ones in the wild are for a select few who got an early release. So they probably paid express direct from the factory to some retailers, as that would explain why no real review copies have been shown yet. As they are still probably waiting on their main shipment to arrive by boat, or whatever cheaper method was used.

As for the settings, all of these just mimic the arcade dip switch settings, and I believe that speed mod was not official, or at least not to the original arcade version. You have difficulty, lives, bonus lives and coinage, although this last one is rather useless in a home setting, it is authentic, as you can set the number of coins needed for 1 credit(which is a button press here).

So hopefully the reaming orders will be filled soon, but don't be surprised if it takes a few weeks or more for that to happen.
cool, thanks for the info! I am sure it will still be awesome!

Honestly anyone that really wants one of these should be scanning each cabinet when at Walmart. Brickseek isn’t always accurate and I’ve noticed at least a 1 day delay on consolekits. I scored a $75 street fighter that didn’t show that price on either site.

Just go to a Walmart (if close by) and just start scanning away.

Download the Walmart app.
BS has been helpful for many things in the past, but it's helped me realize that price changes aren't reflected immediately. The consolekits aggregator is alright but definitely not better than checking each item individually via BS. Either way, with big, low-stock items like these cabs, the best way to check is in person. Individual stores' stock online or via BS doesn't reflect what's actually available on the floor, from my experience.

If one is interested in a specific cab, I'd go make sure my store has it, take a picture of the barcode, and check it daily using the Walmart app. I have six cabs now (five unbuilt; I need a bigger place to live) despite having paid roughly 1.5x MSRP for one. Persistence is key.

BS has been helpful for many things in the past, but it's helped me realize that price changes aren't reflected immediately. The consolekits aggregator is alright but definitely not better than checking each item individually via BS. Either way, with big, low-stock items like these cabs, the best way to check is in person. Individual stores' stock online or via BS doesn't reflect what's actually available on the floor, from my experience.

If one is interested in a specific cab, I'd go make sure my store has it, take a picture of the barcode, and check it daily using the Walmart app. I have six cabs now (five unbuilt; I need a bigger place to live) despite having paid roughly 1.5x MSRP for one. Persistence is key.
Picture of the barcode- that is brilliant. Well done.

How do you check the in store price from scanning the pic? Doesn't it just show the online price?

Brickseek will actually generate the barcode for you. But if I scan that with the app (from my house) I just see the online price.

Update: Nevermind I figured it out. There's a "At your store" tab I didn't see.

How do you check the in store price from scanning the pic? Doesn't it just show the online price?

Brickseek will actually generate the barcode for you. But if I scan that with the app (from my house) I just see the online price.

Update: Nevermind I figured it out. There's a "At your store" tab I didn't see.
Where is this tab?

Local Wal-Matt had one but it look like it was opened and returned for $150. I'm so tempted as it's a Final Fight cab as well. Ugh, what to do.

Local Wal-Matt had one but it look like it was opened and returned for $150. I'm so tempted as it's a Final Fight cab as well. Ugh, what to do.
I'd get it and inspect everything in the parking lot. If anything is damaged, immediately return.

By the way, I have that cab and it's awesome. The games included are pretty good.

I'd get it and inspect everything in the parking lot. If anything is damaged, immediately return.

By the way, I have that cab and it's awesome. The games included are pretty good.
I concur. The black cab. CPO and graphics really pop together and the 4 games are all really good and varied.

Marshalls in Henrietta NY had:

Golden Tee (w riser) $299.99

Pacman (maybe riser) $299.99

Im going to keep my eye on it. Golden Tee for $150ish would be good

You can get legit Golden Tee cabinets for around $300 - $400.  Those things are EVERYWHERE for sale.    I almost got one for $325 but opted not to cause it was pretty far away and I'm looking to get other cabinet instead.

You can get legit Golden Tee cabinets for around $300 - $400. Those things are EVERYWHERE for sale. I almost got one for $325 but opted not to cause it was pretty far away and I'm looking to get other cabinet instead.
I’d almost bit on a few golden tee fore cabs for $400 or less.

They are big. They are heavy. You have to keep on them when parts fail. If I got one I’d likely have to gut it and put it into a smaller cabinet.

Otherwise I’d have bought one already.

Edit: I very recently came across a pga tour arcade cab. That was a tough one to pass on. I think if it was closer I’d have got it.

I’d almost bit on a few golden tee fore cabs for $400 or less.

They are big. They are heavy. You have to keep on them when parts fail. If I got one I’d likely have to gut it and put it into a smaller cabinet.

Otherwise I’d have bought one already.

Edit: I very recently came across a pga tour arcade cab. That was a tough one to pass on. I think if it was closer I’d have got it.
Parts don't fail often on cabinets when they are being used for personal use compared to being on 18 hours a day and being used all the time in an arcade. I mean they can, but it's not like it happens all the time, and there really aren't many parts to an arcade game.

I've had a KI2 cabinet since 2001 and it's never had an issue, although I did upgrade to use a compact flash disk instead of a HDD cause those fail. My KI1 HDD was starting to fail (it would reboot when in spectator mode randomly) so I just got the CF upgrade for it. I think I did replace all the buttons/joysticks back in like 2010 though just to make it feel brand new, but that was like $45.

Oh and I did just recap the monitor. So I guess I have spent some on it lol. But, the thing is like 27 years old so to only have to do that little bit isn't much.

The cabinets aren't any bigger than a "normal" cabinet you are used to though. You can find the dimensions online anywhere.

Parts don't fail often on cabinets when they are being used for personal use compared to being on 18 hours a day and being used all the time in an arcade. I mean they can, but it's not like it happens all the time, and there really aren't many parts to an arcade game.

I've had a KI2 cabinet since 2001 and it's never had an issue, although I did upgrade to use a compact flash disk instead of a HDD cause those fail. My KI1 HDD was starting to fail (it would reboot when in spectator mode randomly) so I just got the CF upgrade for it. I think I did replace all the buttons/joysticks back in like 2010 though just to make it feel brand new, but that was like $45.

Oh and I did just recap the monitor. So I guess I have spent some on it lol. But, the thing is like 27 years old so to only have to do that little bit isn't much.
Right- but where do golden tee cabs typically come from?

Bars. With wild animals mashing on the panel.

Don’t get me wrong- I’d still love one.

I concur. The black cab. CPO and graphics really pop together and the 4 games are all really good and varied.
Magic Sword and Rastan would have complemented this one perfectly. Granted, the second one is not by Capcom, but Magic Sword is and would have rounded out the lineup even better.

Saw a Pacman w/ Riser today for the same price in TJ Maxx. How long until clearance pricing?!
I wouldn’t hold my breath on that...I love TJ Maxx/Marshalls/Home Goods, but their idea of clearance sometimes is taking a $9.99 ceramic cup that’s clearly broken and marking it down to $9.00 while stickering it as “Past Season.”

Should've posted this yesterday but I've been swamped.  The Dillard's (of all places) I was at had the Mortal Kombat on clearance for $300 and yesterday was 50% off clearance, so $150.  The only Dillard's in town, so who knows.  Waiting for TNMT to go below $300...prefer $200.

Is $199 worth it for the Final Fight cab? I missed the Black Friday pricing on that one and I do have a $25 gc burning a hole in my pocket.

Been checking constantly the past week for one of these elusive clearanced units with no luck!

Is $199 worth it for the Final Fight cab? I missed the Black Friday pricing on that one and I do have a $25 gc burning a hole in my pocket.

Been checking constantly the past week for one of these elusive clearanced units with no luck!
The game selection on this one is great. It’s the best 1up product to date. Don’t hesitate if you like the games. Strider arcade was so freaking great. Spent many a quarter on that.

The game selection on this one is great. It’s the best 1up product to date. Don’t hesitate if you like the games. Strider arcade was so freaking great. Spent many a quarter on that.
I do like the lineup.. however my plan is to mod whichever cab I get eventually. I don't know if I can talk the wife into getting more than one so... Cheapest wins!

I realize MK or SF would be easiest because of button placement but I'm happy working with whichever.

Every one of these I buy seems to have a piece of the vinyl art on the side ripped or tearing away. What is the best way to repair this (other than coloring in with a sharpe)?

Is there a way to switch between a Pi and the built-in emulator? That would be ideal as I think I'd only get a cab or two.
Not easily since the Pi and the A1Up PCB both connect to the same LCD cables, so there isn’t an easy way to have them both connected to the LCD at the same time and swapping them would take several minutes at a minimum (and eventually destroy the screw holes).

Just a heads up, Legends Ultimate is in stock at SamsClub.com in case anyone was waiting for it.

That thing looks sick and so many smart design decisions. I thought this was like $6-700 but I see it's only $500?! HTF does Arcade1UP get off charging $400 for two turtles games and a riser when this does it all and more for $100 more? Guessing you need to be a Sam's Club member to buy but otherwise I'd seriously consider this as my one-stop shop.

Oh wow, you can check out with a 24 hour guest account hmmm. . . :whistle2:k

That thing looks sick and so many smart design decisions. I thought this was like $6-700 but I see it's only $500?! HTF does Arcade1UP get off charging $400 for two turtles games and a riser when this does it all and more for $100 more? Guessing you need to be a Sam's Club member to buy but otherwise I'd seriously consider this as my one-stop shop.

FWIW, you can find legit arcade cabinets for like $300 - $500 and you won't have a crappy LCD in it either and will have a legit CRT that these games were designed for.

my two cents:

my 5 yr old son and i have enjoyed the legends ultimate quite a bit. i haven’t had a ton of time, but have created a bunch of arcade uce’s (mostly mame 2003 plus and a few mame 2010) with bezels from the bezel project (golden tee 3d, 97-99, world class bowling dx, simpsons, turtles, final fight, popeye, time pilot, strider, windjammers, pulstar, baseball stars, mspacman, ghouls n ghosts, ghosts n goblins, pigskin, mk/2/3, nba jam, nba hangtime, marble madness, capcom bowling, wrestlefest, and more)

these bezels make the presentation really slick despite the monitor being widescreen by utilizing the wasted space.

i made some nintendo with generic arcade bezel (mike tyson’s punchout, tecmo super bowl 2020 rosters, smb 1/2/3, dr mario, and more)

i made some genesis with generic arcade bezel (nhl 94 with 2020 roster, mutant league football/hockey, toe jam 1/2, gunstar heroes, sonic 1/2/3/knuckles, and more)

all arcade games have flyers for boxart and nes/genesis use 2d boxart

i pulled an attract mode video from reddit that jumps between classic physical arcade machines in an “arcade” ... neato

i’ve put some time into it and will continue, but this slim profile multicade has been a blast to play at $450 from sams.

i have been eyeing the slim upright cabinets at monsterarcades.com, but the price for a cabinet finished or unfinished is exponentially more due to shipping.

real cabinets are great in my mind, but i prefer to avoid heavy and bulky items nowadays in my home so a slim profile arcade or wallcade would be ideal imo . i also have come to the conclusion that a 22” bartop/wallcade isn’t big enough for two people to comfortably play.

Can you post your barcode pictures? Thanks!

i made some genesis with generic arcade bezel (nhl 94 with 2020 roster, mutant league football/hockey, toe jam 1/2, gunstar heroes, sonic 1/2/3/knuckles, and more)
I dig your style, dude. If you can get it, go for the nhl 94 sega cd version. Best sports game ever made.

I see it’s sold out again. On a lark I checked eBay prices...wow.

Pittsford, NY Marshalls has:

Pac-Man w Riser $199.99

Golden Tee w Riser $199.99

They were in a weird location in a shelf with jerseys hung all around it.

I'm pretty sure the monitized consequences of committing murder would far exceed the extra $150 you'd spend by just picking one up from Costco.
My Costco doesn’t have them (in store). I’ve still yet to find even one in a store.

Also I didn’t specify what I’d kill. So there’s that...

There was a Walmart about 45 minutes from me that had the Golden Tee machines for $99 a couple of months ago. But they got gone before I could get there. I was able to score 2 SF2 machines for $75 each though. They also had the risers for $11, but once again I got beat to the punch on that too. 

I went to a Walmart and bought the final cab at 200$. Took it to another Walmart that had it on clearance for 100$. Asked to return and rebuy it   I said I used the wrong credit card.  She returned it... gave my money back and was able to purchase it for 100$ 

The BurgerTime cab is an Arcade1Up website exclusive with a run of 3,000.  While I'm sure that is going to be plenty, I am guessing we won't be seeing any clearance pricing on it.

The BurgerTime cab is an Arcade1Up website exclusive with a run of 3,000. While I'm sure that is going to be plenty, I am guessing we won't be seeing any clearance pricing on it.
yep i knew we wouldn't get clearance if it wasn't gonna be at walmart. sucks i like the cab artwork but too pricey since i just bought a new car

bread's done
Back