The Home Arcade Tremendous Deals and Discussion Thread

MinDRIoT

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (97%)
Having recently acquired a couple of tremendous Arcade1Up machines on sale at a local Walmart. Very tremendous. I thought we needed a dedicated Arcade1Up deals thread to keep track of deals. I know deals people, believe me.

These deals are very YMMV but it seems many, many Walmarts are clearing these out right now. Clearing them out. Brickseek links provided where available, check your local stores for price and availability. Brickseek is not 100% accurate though, as I said ... YMMV.

Search your local area, or any ZIP, for in store deals with deals.consolekits.com (Site no longer exists)

Asteroids, Major Havoc, Lunar Lander and Tempest - as low as $75 in store, very hard to find or $164.99 online

Centipede, Millipede, Missile Command, Crystal Castles - as low as $75 in store, very hard to find or $174.99 online

Final Fight, 1944, Ghosts'N Goblins, Strider - as low as $125 in store $150 at Walmart online

Galaga, Galaxian - as low as $75 in store $150 at Walmart online

Mortal Kombat I,II & III - as low as $150 in store $199 at Walmart online

Pacman, Pacman PLUS - as low as $150 in store

Rampage, Gauntlet, Joust, Defender - as low as $75 in store $199 at Walmart online

Space Invaders - as low as $75 in store $150 at Walmart online

Street Fighter ll - as low as $75 in store $199 at Walmart online

Golden Tee - $299 at Walmart

Marvel Superheroes - $299 at Walmart

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Arcade Machine w/ Riser - $349 at Walmart

Star Wars w/riser - $399 at Walmart

Pac-Man Head to Head Arcade Table with Two Pac-Man Gaming Stools (No Galaga or DigDug)- $450 at Sam's

Street Fighter Head to Head Arcade Table - $430 at Walmart

Legends Ultimate Home Arcade Special Edition - $500 at Sam's

Arcade1up Riser - $44.88 online or order for instore pickup

I myself picked up the Final Fight and Rampage machines for $125 each for the Oval Office in the White CatCondo.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can confirm this is not true on the version I have as I've played it by myself a bunch.

Oddly, based on what directions show, Rampage is the only game you can play 3 players. Gautlet player one uses the left most joystick and player two uses the right most. You cannot use the middle one (again, this is just based on the button mapping diagrams for each game). Defender you have to use more than 2 buttons so you have to use one of the middle buttons. It's weird how the layout is. Wish they put all the buttons you need by each joystick, but guess they want it to be 100% accurate looking to the Rampage arcade cabinet.
Your Rampage isn't 3 player? I've never had a problem.

Your Rampage isn't 3 player? I've never had a problem.
I think he meant Rampage was the only one that is 3 player. Gauntlet isn't because they chose the first game, and in that game player class is dependant on the player number in the 4 player version and you can only do class selection in the 2 player version. If they used the 4 player version to enable 3 players no one would ever be able to be Elf on it (the rightmost class, player 4). If they would have used Gauntlet 2, then class selection is available in the 4 player version and it wouldn't be an issue.

I can confirm this is not true on the version I have as I've played it by myself a bunch.

Oddly, based on what directions show, Rampage is the only game you can play 3 players. Gautlet player one uses the left most joystick and player two uses the right most. You cannot use the middle one (again, this is just based on the button mapping diagrams for each game). Defender you have to use more than 2 buttons so you have to use one of the middle buttons. It's weird how the layout is. Wish they put all the buttons you need by each joystick, but guess they want it to be 100% accurate looking to the Rampage arcade cabinet.
I think he was saying it sucks that Gauntlet isn't FOUR players, as the game was intended. The Arcade 1UP version only supports one or two players; not that TWO is the only option.

The weird thing is that Rampage doesn't even show up on Walmart's site anymore.

I didn't know anything about the Gauntlet issues either.

Lol! I wonder how they’d expect it to be shipped?
And I am sure that even if someone DID ship it, Amazon would probably return it when they get it and think "WTF is THIS?" I imagine it is a mistake and it's being lumped in with video games. If someone shipped it fully assembled, Amazon will probably pay more for shipping than it's worth.

Can someone that’s built one of the vertical cabinets tell me if the monitor is 4x3, and it’s just the bezel covering the rest of it or if the monitor is actually shaped differently?

TJ MAX @ Webster, NY; I found 2 Dig Dug counter-cades. Priced @ $80. If they drop to $60 or below I will bite even though I don't have a bar or counter really. I wanted a wallcade but I can't stop my arcade addiction. Has anyone found these counter units below $80?

TJ MAX @ Webster, NY; I found 2 Dig Dug counter-cades. Priced @ $80. If they drop to $60 or below I will bite even though I don't have a bar or counter really. I wanted a wallcade but I can't stop my arcade addiction. Has anyone found these counter units below $80?
I think I saw a Dig Dug countercade for $59 at a TJ MAXX in the San Diego area. Thought about picking it up at that price but the screen was just too damn small.

Can someone that’s built one of the vertical cabinets tell me if the monitor is 4x3, and it’s just the bezel covering the rest of it or if the monitor is actually shaped differently?
As in if one of the arcade1up vertical cabs is 4x3? My pc detects it as 1024x768, which is 4:3 and it doesn't appear to be stretched, but I haven't used mine in a few weeks (busy) so there may be black bars. I mean, I use it for vertical games specifically and they do look good, despite the horrible viewing angles on the Space Invaders screen.

My understanding is that gen 1 and 2 cabinets are 5:4 ... and that gen 3 cabinets are true 4:3

Sent from my SM-P580 using Tapatalk

Gone to two Marshalls and TJ Max and have found nothing. =[
I'm a Marshalls manager in the Raleigh N.C area and we had them before Christmas and before markdowns occurred it sold. I will go out on a limb and say any stores that have them had them for a while and no more are arriving. We received 3 xbox one x right after Christmas surprisingly and haven't gotten any other big box items. I expect something like this to not be seen in stores until fathers day

Anyone else with MK notice the graphical star glitch when you do Robot Smoke's blow up the planet fatality? Great job again Arcade1up

I'm a Marshalls manager in the Raleigh N.C area and we had them before Christmas and before markdowns occurred it sold. I will go out on a limb and say any stores that have them had them for a while and no more are arriving. We received 3 xbox one x right after Christmas surprisingly and haven't gotten any other big box items. I expect something like this to not be seen in stores until fathers day
I can confirm that 3 Raleigh locations had Golden Tee for $300 last week. This week 2 had it for $199.00. As of 45min ago, only one has it now as I bought one of them :)

An instant buy for me would be a WWF WrestleFest cabinet, but I don't see it happening without me modding a cabinet myself, which I have considered. Be a dream come true to have a WrestleFest cabinet in my Game Room.  

Blitz will never happen due to the NFL's stricter policies these days in regards to illegal hits and violence. 

ANY sports game is going to face the licensing player dilemma. I'd like to see a light gun combo; likely go midway: A combo of CarnEvil, Area 51 and Revolution X would be neat. T2 also of course.

Blitz will never happen due to the NFL's stricter policies these days in regards to illegal hits and violence.

ANY sports game is going to face the licensing player dilemma. I'd like to see a light gun combo; likely go midway: A combo of CarnEvil, Area 51 and Revolution X would be neat. T2 also of course.
In the category of "Never Gonna Happen, But Would Be Awesome", I'd love to see a Donkey Kong one with DK, DK Jr., Mario Bros. and DK3. That would sell gangbusters at full retail. Second, one with Punch-Out!!, Super Punch-Out!! and Arm Wrestling would be awesome with a two monitor setup. A Playchoice 10 one would be pretty nice as well.

I just don't see Nintendo doing that though. :(

In the category of "Never Gonna Happen, But Would Be Awesome", I'd love to see a Donkey Kong one with DK, DK Jr., Mario Bros. and DK3. That would sell gangbusters at full retail. Second, one with Punch-Out!!, Super Punch-Out!! and Arm Wrestling would be awesome with a two monitor setup. A Playchoice 10 one would be pretty nice as well.

I just don't see Nintendo doing that though. :(
You can just make your own Donkey Kong with these cabs![attachment=33613:kt9jch0u8ed41.jpg]

While I haven't picked up any A1up cabs, due to this thread it got me back into the arcade scene and is the reason I started looking at more cabs.  If it weren't for this thread, I wouldn't have gone and picked these up yesterday.

8KOCXDg.jpg

While I haven't picked up any A1up cabs, due to this thread it got me back into the arcade scene and is the reason I started looking at more cabs. If it weren't for this thread, I wouldn't have gone and picked these up yesterday.

8KOCXDg.jpg
Damn, the rush games were amazing. I really wish they would bring these back in their amazing but simplistic form.

While I haven't picked up any A1up cabs, due to this thread it got me back into the arcade scene and is the reason I started looking at more cabs. If it weren't for this thread, I wouldn't have gone and picked these up yesterday.
Hell of a pick up. 2049 is my favorite Rush game, still break it out on the Dreamcast every once in awhile.

I have the opportunity to pick up a pair of imported Initial D machines but the space required is just too much for it to make sense. I was also offered a CarnEvil but the monitor is going out and I just don't have the time or willpower for a project machine right now, especially after the great pinball purge.

Hell of a pick up. 2049 is my favorite Rush game, still break it out on the Dreamcast every once in awhile.
Rush 2049 was always a highlight! I always wanted the N64 version! Ended up getting the Midway Arcade Treasures 3 collection for gamecube which includes rush 2049.

I was actually also supposed to pick up a Maximum Force/Area 51 cabinet but the fucking person Facebook completely flaked and stopped responding to me then last night the item is marked as sold.  No idea why they stopped responding to me as I contacted them about 4 hours after it was listed.  

I planned to turn it into a multi JAMMA game with Carnevil being one of the games in there.

I was actually also supposed to pick up a Maximum Force/Area 51 cabinet but the fucking person Facebook completely flaked and stopped responding to me then last night the item is marked as sold. No idea why they stopped responding to me as I contacted them about 4 hours after it was listed.

I planned to turn it into a multi JAMMA game with Carnevil being one of the games in there.
Had he accepted an offer from you before hand, and then disappeared? Or was it a discussion, and then he just stopped responding? Normally, people agree on a price, as they thinks it may be their best offer, only to get a better one after the fact. Then instead of coming clean, they just avoid you so they don't have to say they got a better offer.

Had he accepted an offer from you before hand, and then disappeared? Or was it a discussion, and then he just stopped responding? Normally, people agree on a price, as they thinks it may be their best offer, only to get a better one after the fact. Then instead of coming clean, they just avoid you so they don't have to say they got a better offer.
No money was exchanged or anything. They told me the price they would let it go for and I said I'd take it. I even message them "hey if you don't want to sell it to me just let me know so I can move on" and got nothing back.

It's just really frustrating because I've been on the lookout for one for 2 months and finally one comes up an hour away, and they flake out like this.

Oh well, I have a lot of work to do with these Rush 2049 machines right now anyways. I have em in pieces right now so I can get the main cabinet through my doorway. And I cleaned the shit out of one of the machines and will do the other one tonight probably. Then once they are down in my basement, I'll have to put em back together and setup the link.

THEN they will be good to go!

MAvqxeZ.jpg

rS9mEv7.jpg

No money was exchanged or anything. They told me the price they would let it go for and I said I'd take it. I even message them "hey if you don't want to sell it to me just let me know so I can move on" and got nothing back.

It's just really frustrating because I've been on the lookout for one for 2 months and finally one comes up an hour away, and they flake out like this.
Yeah, that sucks no question, especially when you have something like this on a want list, as no telling when another one may come along. It for sure sounds like they got a better offer, and just didn't have the balls to state as much.

Years ago(actually over a decade now), I test drove a car for my wife, and decided it was a sweet deal, and me and the seller agreed on his asking price, so I went to get the money. Once I returned, he was just getting back from another test drive with a different person(as until I paid, it was anyone car I suppose), and they tried to offer him more right in front of me. Because he had agreed before hand with me, and since I was standing in front of him, he agreed to honor his price. I could tell he wanted the bigger offer, but I was in front of him, and knew where he lived at that point, so he probably thought better of welshing after the fact.

If this would have been done online, or over social media, he would have for sure never gotten back to me, and if I had been any later getting back from the bank that day, I probably would have been screwed. As he could have told me he sold it to someone else(and had already been paid), and I would have had no way to say it happened or not.

Yeah, that sucks no question, especially when you have something like this on a want list, as no telling when another one may come along. It for sure sounds like they got a better offer, and just didn't have the balls to state as much.

Years ago(actually over a decade now), I test drove a car for my wife, and decided it was a sweet deal, and me and the seller agreed on his asking price, so I went to get the money. Once I returned, he was just getting back from another test drive with a different person(as until I paid, it was anyone car I suppose), and they tried to offer him more right in front of me. Because he had agreed before hand with me, and since I was standing in front of him, he agreed to honor his price. I could tell he wanted the bigger offer, but I was in front of him, and knew where he lived at that point, so he probably thought better of welshing after the fact.

If this would have been done online, or over social media, he would have for sure never gotten back to me, and if I had been any later getting back from the bank that day, I probably would have been screwed. As he could have told me he sold it to someone else(and had already been paid), and I would have had no way to say it happened or not.
LOL yeah that is cool he did the right thing.

Thing is, even if they had someone offer em more, maybe shoot me a message "hey I have someone who will pay me $50 more - would you do it for that?" and I could have said yes. I was the first person interested in the item too because they told me that.

Just shady all around and I doubt I'll find the item on FB. Everyone on FB thinks shit is worth more than it is too and they just sit there unsold.

LOL yeah that is cool he did the right thing.

Thing is, even if they had someone offer em more, maybe shoot me a message "hey I have someone who will pay me $50 more - would you do it for that?" and I could have said yes. I was the first person interested in the item too because they told me that.
Even when I sell on Ebay, if an item has a single bid, I normally never end a listing early(especially for collectibles), even when I get offers as I see that as unfair to others, who may be in a situation like yours. I don't want people doing that shit to me, so I try not to do it to others.

Years ago when Horizon Zero Dawn was first released, there was a LE art book, guide or something along those lines, and I guy offered me $600 for it. And I'm pretty sure if that had bids, I ended them early, as no one else was going to offer that amount, so I sold it. The guy contacted me pretty soon after I listed it, so if it had bids, it was only a few. And no one contacted me after to ask what happened, so I guess it wasn't an issue for others, but I would have happily told someone I sold it for that amount, and I'm sure no one would have faulted me for doing it. LOL

Oh well, I have a lot of work to do with these Rush 2049 machines right now anyways. I have em in pieces right now so I can get the main cabinet through my doorway. And I cleaned the shit out of one of the machines and will do the other one tonight probably. Then once they are down in my basement, I'll have to put em back together and setup the link.

THEN they will be good to go!

MAvqxeZ.jpg

rS9mEv7.jpg
I do not envy you (yes I am lying 10000%) Would love a sitdown (there's a rush 2049 at work, but the screens are HORRIBLE!!!) ! have a 24" dynamo that appears to originally been a side arms (based on the CP, which I think the ex purposely forgot when we moved) but the side art was already stripped before I bought it. What I'm using for my MVS was sold to me with Soul Edge, but was a hideously converted and still is :(

Has anyone come across Marvel at $200 or under?  I have a few Targets near me with them perched at $250 and I'm just waiting for them to get clearanced, just wondering if it's happened anywhere else in the country yet.

Has anyone come across Marvel at $200 or under? I have a few Targets near me with them perched at $250 and I'm just waiting for them to get clearanced, just wondering if it's happened anywhere else in the country yet.
My Target has had one forever now and I have a picture of the UPC on my phone, every time I go in I scan it to see if it shows up cheaper, but it's been $250. As others have said, I've seen it for $200 at a couple different Walmarts (looking for Rampage, I probably went to 10 different stores). Check on brickseek with a grain of salt. My local walmart claims to have 4-5 Pacmans for $74, and "limited stock" for Mortal Kombat, Galaga, Space Invaders, TMNT, and Styrder for between $74-$139 and they have ZERO in stock.

Be sure to check on all 3 SKUs they list as sometimes that can make a difference...I don't understand what the difference is between Pick Up Today and just regular without the riser, but they sometimes turn up different results. Also, look it up on the Walmart APP and then go to MY STORE or whatever and pick different stores to see if it shows up and the price...that seems to be pretty accurate on price and stock.

Marvel Superheroes Arcade Machine, Arcade1UP, 4ft (Pick Up Today)
SKU: 433565690

Marvel Superheroes Arcade Machine, Arcade1UP, 4ft
SKU: 347736344

Marvel Superheroes Arcade Machine w/ Riser, Arcade1UP
SKU: 837250795

Be sure to check on all 3 SKUs they list as sometimes that can make a difference...I don't understand what the difference is between Pick Up Today and just regular without the riser, but they sometimes turn up different results. Also, look it up on the Walmart APP and then go to MY STORE or whatever and pick different stores to see if it shows up and the price...that seems to be pretty accurate on price and stock.
This.

Last night I was curious what was in my store and the stores in the surrounding areas. The Walmart App is the way to go. Plus you can order it right there for pickup and most stores have the map in the app so you can see where it should be on the shelf... which is handy when going to stores you don't frequent. Lots of $200 A1Up cabs near me. Tempted on the SF2 cab just because it would be a great base for a mod... but holding out for the Legends Ultimate as that would be less work and looks pretty decent.

bread's done
Back