The Home Arcade Tremendous Deals and Discussion Thread

MinDRIoT

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (97%)
Having recently acquired a couple of tremendous Arcade1Up machines on sale at a local Walmart. Very tremendous. I thought we needed a dedicated Arcade1Up deals thread to keep track of deals. I know deals people, believe me.

These deals are very YMMV but it seems many, many Walmarts are clearing these out right now. Clearing them out. Brickseek links provided where available, check your local stores for price and availability. Brickseek is not 100% accurate though, as I said ... YMMV.

Search your local area, or any ZIP, for in store deals with deals.consolekits.com (Site no longer exists)

Asteroids, Major Havoc, Lunar Lander and Tempest - as low as $75 in store, very hard to find or $164.99 online

Centipede, Millipede, Missile Command, Crystal Castles - as low as $75 in store, very hard to find or $174.99 online

Final Fight, 1944, Ghosts'N Goblins, Strider - as low as $125 in store $150 at Walmart online

Galaga, Galaxian - as low as $75 in store $150 at Walmart online

Mortal Kombat I,II & III - as low as $150 in store $199 at Walmart online

Pacman, Pacman PLUS - as low as $150 in store

Rampage, Gauntlet, Joust, Defender - as low as $75 in store $199 at Walmart online

Space Invaders - as low as $75 in store $150 at Walmart online

Street Fighter ll - as low as $75 in store $199 at Walmart online

Golden Tee - $299 at Walmart

Marvel Superheroes - $299 at Walmart

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Arcade Machine w/ Riser - $349 at Walmart

Star Wars w/riser - $399 at Walmart

Pac-Man Head to Head Arcade Table with Two Pac-Man Gaming Stools (No Galaga or DigDug)- $450 at Sam's

Street Fighter Head to Head Arcade Table - $430 at Walmart

Legends Ultimate Home Arcade Special Edition - $500 at Sam's

Arcade1up Riser - $44.88 online or order for instore pickup

I myself picked up the Final Fight and Rampage machines for $125 each for the Oval Office in the White CatCondo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Even when I sell on Ebay, if an item has a single bid, I normally never end a listing early(especially for collectibles), even when I get offers as I see that as unfair to others, who may be in a situation like yours. I don't want people doing that shit to me, so I try not to do it to others.

Years ago when Horizon Zero Dawn was first released, there was a LE art book, guide or something along those lines, and I guy offered me $600 for it. And I'm pretty sure if that had bids, I ended them early, as no one else was going to offer that amount, so I sold it. The guy contacted me pretty soon after I listed it, so if it had bids, it was only a few. And no one contacted me after to ask what happened, so I guess it wasn't an issue for others, but I would have happily told someone I sold it for that amount, and I'm sure no one would have faulted me for doing it. LOL
My favorite eBay story was I sold a vintage collectible for TurboGrafx-16 and some guy from France begged me to sell it to him for triple the auction ending price... $50+ win and he offered $150+. I toyed with him a bit and then told him I was probably going to hell for it, but if he promised not to tell anyone I would sell to him for $150. I actually had 2 of the item.

Just scanned one at target and it says MSRP 299.99; price 249.99

Edit- Sorry- for the Marvel cab.

My favorite eBay story was I sold a vintage collectible for TurboGrafx-16 and some guy from France begged me to sell it to him for triple the auction ending price... $50+ win and he offered $150+. I toyed with him a bit and then told him I was probably going to hell for it, but if he promised not to tell anyone I would sell to him for $150. I actually had 2 of the item.
I see that as a win-win. A little bit of truth-stretching, but it only helped the French guy feel better about the sale.

Wait, the shipping for the Burger Time cab is $60? I thought they charged $40-45?
They did. I had it sitting in my cart and went to checkout today, then saw the shipping cost jump up $13. It was $44 a day or two ago and today it was almost $57. That is where my checkout process ended. I don't know if I would've bought it with a $57 shipping cost, but I sure won't do it when I could have had it at $44. I'll wait and see if the cost ever goes down. I doubt they will ever sell them all. As of now, they've sold 885 (at most) out of the 3075.

Wait, the shipping for the Burger Time cab is $60? I thought they charged $40-45?
This. I thought about buying the Marvel Limited Cab, but between shipping and them also charging tax to CA, it added $70 to the cost making it $470 shipped. No thanks, bought the regular Marvel Cab for $249 from Walmart and then another $50 for the generic riser.

They did. I had it sitting in my cart and went to checkout today, then saw the shipping cost jump up $13. It was $44 a day or two ago and today it was almost $57. That is where my checkout process ended. I don't know if I would've bought it with a $57 shipping cost, but I sure won't do it when I could have had it at $44. I'll wait and see if the cost ever goes down. I doubt they will ever sell them all. As of now, they've sold 885 (at most) out of the 3075.
Figures. I kept procrastinating and saw an article earlier that said orders needed to be placed by today in order to get it by March 1st. But fuck that shipping cost, especially since they haven't even sold a third of them.

Figures. I kept procrastinating and saw an article earlier that said orders needed to be placed by today in order to get it by March 1st. But fuck that shipping cost, especially since they haven't even sold a third of them.
Yep, I did the exact same thing. I guess I figured I'd wait until the last minute so they'd hold my money for a shorter period of time. Maybe FedEx jacked up rates.

I contacted them and that was pretty much their rationale - the shipping charge increased because the rates increased. I guess I'll see if they ever reduce the cost to make up for the difference. I did see they have offered discounts/coupon codes on their Marvel exclusive in the past, so I would bet the same thing happens with this BurgerTime cab unless sales pick up.

Has anyone order an arcade1up from GameStop? I ordered the marvel one and it kept saying waiting for product availability for two days. Afterwards I just canceled it.

I've seen Rampage in stock for $200 at multiple Walmarts for the past couple months. Being a wave 1 system with no control panel overlay and broken Gauntlet rom, I won't even think about touching that one until it dips below $100.
Picked up Rampage from Wal-mart for $200 as a midlife crisis/reward for cleaning up my lower game room. It was box-stamp dated QY4102018A (Oct 2018), and to my surprise it came with the plexi overlay :)

Has anyone order an arcade1up from GameStop? I ordered the marvel one and it kept saying waiting for product availability for two days. Afterwards I just canceled it.
I ordered the Marvel one when it first went up. The preorder sat for months with the "waiting for product availability" status even past the estimate ship date on the products page. Randomly, a few days later, it was sitting at my front door when I got home from work. The status was never updated and still says waiting for product availability in my account.

I know they started making the risers match the machines themselves but does anyone know where I can find one for pacman? All I can find at walmart are the generic basic black ones

I really wish Walmart would drop the price to the Ninja turtles cabinet. Paying 400 plus tax seems like a lot. Or at least put them on clearance.

I know they started making the risers match the machines themselves but does anyone know where I can find one for pacman? All I can find at walmart are the generic basic black ones
I've never seen stores sell machine-specific ones separately. They only come with the cabinets, and often only from the Arcade 1up website. The only possible places I can think of are direct from Arcade 1up, or an outlet like Ebay or Craigslist.

Arcade1Ups have an amazing secret! STORAGE!  So much empty space inside these cabinets...enough to hold entire collections of empty Pop! Vinyl boxes :)

1up1_zpsvzmnow3b.jpg

1up3_zpsglpscq2m.jpg

Looks like a fantastic way to burn your house down.
Arcade1ups draw an incredibly small amount of power drawn through a DC adapter and there is nothing that generates a significant amount of heat in those cabinets, so your concern is really overblown.

Fire hazards on arcade cabinets people build typically come from poor quality parts or bad installation of the AC power. You have people that have no experience with electricity using insufficient parts or installing them wrong (or in a bad location or with exposed wiring) and that is a recipe for disaster.

Arcade cabinets have always had a significant amount of open space, even back in the CRT days and when those games had a full sized motherboard. My arcade cabinet was actually based off a design I saw that has cabinet doors and shelves underneath the control panel and the side opens up to four slide out drawers for storage. It makes it easier to justify the space the cabinet takes up.

I really wish Walmart would drop the price to the Ninja turtles cabinet. Paying 400 plus tax seems like a lot. Or at least put them on clearance.
It's a good idea to check stores if you haven't yet. The Walmart app, Brickseek, and consolekits site were showing $300, but they had them marked down to $200 in store.

The only one I've seen sold separately is the Mortal Kombat one...but you can find decent vinyl skins to stick on yourself like here:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/748351058/arcade-1up-cabinet-riser-graphic-decal?ref=pla_similar_listing_top-1&frs=1

That was just from a quick google to see what came up, not affiliated with them at all and haven't purchased a skin from them or anybody else....yet.

I ordered the Marvel one when it first went up. The preorder sat for months with the "waiting for product availability" status even past the estimate ship date on the products page. Randomly, a few days later, it was sitting at my front door when I got home from work. The status was never updated and still says waiting for product availability in my account.
Cancel it!

Arcade1Ups have an amazing secret! STORAGE! So much empty space inside these cabinets...enough to hold entire collections of empty Pop! Vinyl boxes :)

1up1_zpsvzmnow3b.jpg

1up3_zpsglpscq2m.jpg
That’s why I put doors on the front of mine. My pacman houses our popcorn machine and bowls.

Since some of you all seemed interested I figured I'd give an update...

So one of the monitors in my Rush 2049 cabinets was messed up.  It was the remote board actually that had a problem with the v-size pot.  I figured that was the problem after trouble shooting a little bit. 

Well the new one arrived today and it took like 2 minutes to solder it on and all works so I finally could put everything back together and clean it all up.  I still plan to get an Area 51 or Max Force cabinet and it will fit next to the other ones with a few inches to spare.  I don't have KI2 next to the Rush cabinets because there is no reason and it felt cramped when I put it there.

bCHyME1.jpg

Oh and on the topic of empty spaces in cabinets, those Rush 2049 cabinets do not have much empty space at all in them.  The KI2 one has a ton though.

Since some of you all seemed interested I figured I'd give an update...

So one of the monitors in my Rush 2049 cabinets was messed up. It was the remote board actually that had a problem with the v-size pot. I figured that was the problem after trouble shooting a little bit.

Well the new one arrived today and it took like 2 minutes to solder it on and all works so I finally could put everything back together and clean it all up. I still plan to get an Area 51 or Max Force cabinet and it will fit next to the other ones with a few inches to spare. I don't have KI2 next to the Rush cabinets because there is no reason and it felt cramped when I put it there.

Oh and on the topic of empty spaces in cabinets, those Rush 2049 cabinets do not have much empty space at all in them. The KI2 one has a ton though.
This is awesome! Do you have these in a basement?

This is awesome! Do you have these in a basement?
Yeah. That is a window well there with a board on it. I keep that there because I have a projector down there and when watching NFL on Sundays I want it as dark as possible. I'll take a pano this weekend after I completely clean up my basement. It's truly a man cave.

Yeah. That is a window well there with a board on it. I keep that there because I have a projector down there and when watching NFL on Sundays I want it as dark as possible. I'll take a pano this weekend after I completely clean up my basement. It's truly a man cave.
Once my wife and I build a house and sell our condo having a basement is a must for me. A dream of mine is to create a basement barcade. I have a Game Room now, but it isn't big enough to house more than like two Arcade 1Up cabinets. I currently have one A1up and three TVs in the room, so it's already reaching a critical mass.

The downside to basements are their tendency to flood.

The downside to basements are their tendency to flood.
I grew up in a house that flooded in the basement all the time. It wasn't like inches, but like just layers of water. It was awful when it happened.

When we purchased this house they already had a B-Dry system installed that includes a french drain and a sump pump. We've been here 7.5 years and so far never had any issues. I do get nervous as hell when we have heavy rain and I hear the sump pump going though. And I do test it with buckets of water every now and again.

So I'm hoping it just never happens. So far so good.

I'm envious of a proper basement. We can only have a crawl space where I am since the water table is so high. I live on a lake and you dig more than 4 feet down anywhere and you've got a hole full of water.

Added an Arcade 1Up cabinet to cart on FYE's website just to see what the sales price was going to be. Then I see what they want for shipping -- $294.74 for standard or  $325.47 for expedited. I wonder if they've ever sold one. :rofl:

I wish the damned risers would drop in price at my local Wal-Mart. STACKS of them still sitting at $44.95 each.
Do you have access to some tools at home? You could buy 1 riser, get a sheet of plywood from a hardware store, and use the regular riser as a template to make your own risers from the plywood. Then just paint as needed or get some decals for whatever you want.

Do you have access to some tools at home? You could buy 1 riser, get a sheet of plywood from a hardware store, and use the regular riser as a template to make your own risers from the plywood. Then just paint as needed or get some decals for whatever you want.
It's a federal crime for me to be allowed around a power tool.

Here's an updated pic of my man cave. Finally got it all cleaned up down there after getting the Rush cabs put back together and snapped a pano.

e7vlizK.jpg
I wish our house wasn’t a split level. Only half of it has a basement. I friggin love what we did with it down there, but man if it was twice the size I’d have so much more in there.

As of right now I’ve got 2 modded arcade1ups and a bar in my corner. Renovating part of the house- when we’re all done I’ll have my basement corner redone with the 2 cabinets, a pga tour pedestal cabinet, and a virtual pinball. All behind the bar. I’ve got a cocktail cab in my shed but i don’t think I have room for it.

I wish our house wasn’t a split level. Only half of it has a basement. I friggin love what we did with it down there, but man if it was twice the size I’d have so much more in there.

As of right now I’ve got 2 modded arcade1ups and a bar in my corner. Renovating part of the house- when we’re all done I’ll have my basement corner redone with the 2 cabinets, a pga tour pedestal cabinet, and a virtual pinball. All behind the bar. I’ve got a cocktail cab in my shed but i don’t think I have room for it.
I'm in a split level house myself. That is our whole basement there.

I'm in a split level house myself. That is our whole basement there.
Look at this guy over here with his split level mansion.

:)

It’s probably the 3 year old in the house that’s responsible for our lack of basement space. I can’t complain though, we still have everything I can ask for down there: short throw projector and 120” screen and the arcade cabs. And a bar.

Look at this guy over here with his split level mansion.

:)

It’s probably the 3 year old in the house that’s responsible for our lack of basement space. I can’t complain though, we still have everything I can ask for down there: short throw projector and 120” screen and the arcade cabs. And a bar.
Yeah I was planning at one point to put a high bar right behind my seating area with tall stools, so people can sit there and see over easily. I may do it at some point still. I don't think I would have a wet bar down there though. I mainly drink cocktails and the kegerator over in the corner there, I rarely use.

I noticed some stores locally dropping the prices of the TMNT arcade cabinets to $299. Only way to tell is through the walmart app, scanning the bar code or typing in the UPC manually to find it, even searching for TMNT arcade works and then pressing the in store price. Brickseek hasn't been accurate.

@purbeast - how you like your chairs? You get them online or from a local furniture store? I'm currently doing my media room and struggling with furniture. It's most for gaming (me) and music (friends) so I only need 3 or 4 chairs.

One of my local Walmarts has a single riser with a $33.84 clearance sticker, but the rest are $44.xx. No idea why lol
Same thing at mine, I think one was $28 or something in the clearance section, but the other one in the spot it usually is rang up normal price.

@purbeast - how you like your chairs? You get them online or from a local furniture store? I'm currently doing my media room and struggling with furniture. It's most for gaming (me) and music (friends) so I only need 3 or 4 chairs.
I love them. Part of the deal when I got my seating was my wife wanted it to kinda be like a couch. So the 3 in the middle don't have arm rests, but then the 2 on the end have arm rests on both sides. They are all power recliners. I can get a pic from the front if you want. If you are familiar with the way they describe setups online, it's in the IOVOOOVOI format.

I got them online. There was some closeout deal that I found and got a good deal. I did a ton of research prior and went and sad in ones locally but they were super expensive, and a lot of ones I sat in were hard. These are super soft and just super comfortable. I've had em for 7 years now and they are still just as comfortable.

The exact model I got was called Berkline 12000. I just found my receipt and they were $410 a piece, so $2050 total for all 5, shipped.

Awesome, Thanks for the info! I'm not sure how much room I have just yet because in still shuffling around old furniture before I ditch it. Much appreciated.

bread's done
Back