The Home Arcade Tremendous Deals and Discussion Thread

MinDRIoT

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (97%)
Having recently acquired a couple of tremendous Arcade1Up machines on sale at a local Walmart. Very tremendous. I thought we needed a dedicated Arcade1Up deals thread to keep track of deals. I know deals people, believe me.

These deals are very YMMV but it seems many, many Walmarts are clearing these out right now. Clearing them out. Brickseek links provided where available, check your local stores for price and availability. Brickseek is not 100% accurate though, as I said ... YMMV.

Search your local area, or any ZIP, for in store deals with deals.consolekits.com (Site no longer exists)

Asteroids, Major Havoc, Lunar Lander and Tempest - as low as $75 in store, very hard to find or $164.99 online

Centipede, Millipede, Missile Command, Crystal Castles - as low as $75 in store, very hard to find or $174.99 online

Final Fight, 1944, Ghosts'N Goblins, Strider - as low as $125 in store $150 at Walmart online

Galaga, Galaxian - as low as $75 in store $150 at Walmart online

Mortal Kombat I,II & III - as low as $150 in store $199 at Walmart online

Pacman, Pacman PLUS - as low as $150 in store

Rampage, Gauntlet, Joust, Defender - as low as $75 in store $199 at Walmart online

Space Invaders - as low as $75 in store $150 at Walmart online

Street Fighter ll - as low as $75 in store $199 at Walmart online

Golden Tee - $299 at Walmart

Marvel Superheroes - $299 at Walmart

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Arcade Machine w/ Riser - $349 at Walmart

Star Wars w/riser - $399 at Walmart

Pac-Man Head to Head Arcade Table with Two Pac-Man Gaming Stools (No Galaga or DigDug)- $450 at Sam's

Street Fighter Head to Head Arcade Table - $430 at Walmart

Legends Ultimate Home Arcade Special Edition - $500 at Sam's

Arcade1up Riser - $44.88 online or order for instore pickup

I myself picked up the Final Fight and Rampage machines for $125 each for the Oval Office in the White CatCondo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ouch, NBA jam cabinet is available for preorder.... at $500.

I think arcade1up is going against what made them attractive in the first place, the low price point. The additional bells and whistles are nice, but those can always be modded for cheap, and we're starting to approach the price range of full sized cabinets.

There's a reason these things are on clearance all the time. No real reason to get this for $500. I'll wait it out and pick it up in store for $300. TMNT is already $250-$300 on and off near me and that came out in November at like $400-$450?

Same thing with the burger time cabinet, looks great and is limited edition, but a two player cab for $400? There's a reason it still hasn't sold out despite limited quantities.

Edit: PacMan and Frogger are $500 too, unreal.

LOL @ $500 for a fucking Arcade 1up cabinet. 

I paid $200 less than that for my KI2 and Maximum Force cabinet.  And my SF Rush 2049 cabinets were $500 each.

Yeah good luck with that.

Those will be on clearance very fast.

Ouch, NBA jam cabinet is available for preorder.... at $500.

I think arcade1up is going against what made them attractive in the first place, the low price point. The additional bells and whistles are nice, but those can always be modded for cheap, and we're starting to approach the price range of full sized cabinets.

There's a reason these things are on clearance all the time. No real reason to get this for $500. I'll wait it out and pick it up in store for $300. TMNT is already $250-$300 on and off near me and that came out in November at like $400-$450?

Same thing with the burger time cabinet, looks great and is limited edition, but a two player cab for $400? There's a reason it still hasn't sold out despite limited quantities.

Edit: PacMan and Frogger are $500 too, unreal.
Considering it has wi-fi built in I predicted it would be $500.

It's also pretty dumb that the Frogger cab has only the original Forgger and two versions of Time Pilot. It's a Frogger cab, you couldn't include multiple versions of Frogger like you did with Pac-Man?

I'm done after I mod my second cab, and happy with it. I mean unless they release Simpsons, I might need that. And if Burger Time ever went under $100 I might get it, just because I love the cab.

And if I find some at a yardsale some day for a crazy low price I'll be taking it home. Otherwise I'm happy with 2 haha. 

Ugh was scrolling eBay looking for cheap parts and such and ran across a local seller with a pre-built SF2 machine for $100 or best offer. Must resist the urge....I haven't even built my Asteroids one yet

It's also pretty dumb that the Frogger cab has only the original Forgger and two versions of Time Pilot. It's a Frogger cab, you couldn't include multiple versions of Frogger like you did with Pac-Man?
Pretty lame cabinet unless you are George Costanza trying to get one again.

As far as NBA Jam, could this be a Black Friday 2020 item? If so i'd consider....

I'm done after I mod my second cab, and happy with it. I mean unless they release Simpsons, I might need that. And if Burger Time ever went under $100 I might get it, just because I love the cab.

And if I find some at a yardsale some day for a crazy low price I'll be taking it home. Otherwise I'm happy with 2 haha.
That particular BT cab will never go below MSRP because it's only sold on the arcade1up site. There will be a a cheaper version without the light up marquee, riser, etc though.

$500 for Frogger is just mindnumbing. Even if these things no longer come damaged right out of the box, which they always do and almost certainly still will, this price is just so out of whack. For comparison sake, the Costco Mortal Kombat came with all the same stuff plus a stool and 3 actually good games and was still $150 less. This thing is destined to end up in a $75 clearance pile.

Was looking forward to the Golden Axe one but am now dreading to see the price, which I'd imagine will be at least $500.

WOW, I can't believe how shocked everyone is that the price of these has gone way up, as hasn't the quality gone up as well? I said from day one this wasn't anywhere near worth the $300 asking price, but now the quality and experience is way better, so why wouldn't they raise the price?

Yeah, this is CAG after all, so I get the outrage in regards to general price increases, but let's look at this from a "reality" point of view. It's great that most everyone here has gotten their units for 20%, 40% or even 50% off, but if everyone was doing this, there wouldn't be a product to have a price drop for. While I never saw the value in these at $300, I damn sure don't see it at $500, but I can say in all honesty, these latest units are miles above the quality of those early units, and that can't be cheap. So if they charged $300 for garbage, why is $500 out of line for a much better end product?

Just take it in stride, and hope they sell these new units to someone, as a niche business like this is always on the verge of doing to much, or not enough. And some times that continues to work at retail, and then sometimes it won't, so unless the average consumer keeps riding this train, those deep discounts may be a close out, instead for overstock(so be careful what you wish for).

WOW, I can't believe how shocked everyone is that the price of these has gone way up, as hasn't the quality gone up as well? I said from day one this wasn't anywhere near worth the $300 asking price, but now the quality and experience is way better, so why wouldn't they raise the price?

Yeah, this is CAG after all, so I get the outrage in regards to general price increases, but let's look at this from a "reality" point of view. It's great that most everyone here has gotten their units for 20%, 40% or even 50% off, but if everyone was doing this, there wouldn't be a product to have a price drop for. While I never saw the value in these at $300, I damn sure don't see it at $500, but I can say in all honesty, these latest units are miles above the quality of those early units, and that can't be cheap. So if they charged $300 for garbage, why is $500 out of line for a much better end product?
Not really surprised at MSRP, just kind of flabbergasted by their pricing strategies, but they know what they're doing, this is really nothing new. They don't expect these to sell at MSRP, and these cost then waaaaaaaaaay less than $500 to make. They just bump the MSRP so that when there are sales for $300 you think you are getting a good deal. Kohl's and a lot of places do that too, that's why they hand out 30 percent coupons like candy.

Too me it's just odd because you build up this hype at CES and sales out of the gate are going to be so flat. I'm not sure if their marketing strategy is correct, but they know exactly what they're doing. Even at CES, the only machines they mentioned the price for was the $100 countercades saying "look how cheap these are!!!!! But don't ask us about the 3/4 size cabinets".

I remember they were originally set to launch in 2018 at $400 and then cut the price by $100 right before release. Maybe because they realized their QC was sub-par? I think the quality improvements and extras in the new models (light-up marquee, custom riser & stool included) would be worth an added ~$150... so at $500 MSRP they've priced themselves up by like $50 on the basic ones (Frogger, Pac-Man) but it gives room for some early sales. NBA Jam for the same price with the 4 player setup and wifi added is the one that definitely seems like it's right where I'd expect it to be.

I remember they were originally set to launch in 2018 at $400 and then cut the price by $100 right before release. Maybe because they realized their QC was sub-par? I think the quality improvements and extras in the new models (light-up marquee, custom riser & stool included) would be worth an added ~$150... so at $500 MSRP they've priced themselves up by like $50 on the basic ones (Frogger, Pac-Man) but it gives room for some early sales. NBA Jam for the same price with the 4 player setup and wifi added is the one that definitely seems like it's right where I'd expect it to be.
NBA Jam is 4 player and has online. I'm not surprised at that price. Frogger has two buttons and 3 crappy games. Not quite sure what the justifying factor is, other than maybe making $500 NBA Jam look like a deal.

I can't imagine why anyone would buy NBA Jam when they could get the ATGames cab for the same money.

It has wifi, it has a better monitor, it has better controls, far more features, etc, etc, etc.... You're basically paying for art.

I can't imagine why anyone would buy NBA Jam when they could get the ATGames cab for the same money.
I'm fairly certain no one has actually been able to get the Legends Ultimate for that price for weeks, if not months. Assuming it will come back in stock eventually but getting one at all has been a challenge.

If you're looking for a 1-size-fits-all cab, then yeah wait around for a Legends Ultimate or just build your own. The Arcade1Up cabs all have a much cooler look though, and if NBA Jam is really your jam then this one will let you play with 4 people together in one room and compete against others online, which the LU won't. Yeah, it's a very specific audience, but the Arcade1Up cabs are just designed to trigger nostalgia for a niche market.

if NBA Jam is really your jam then this one will let you play with 4 people together in one room and compete against others online, which the LU won't. Yeah, it's a very specific audience, but the Arcade1Up cabs are just designed to trigger nostalgia for a niche market.
Thing is, four people can't play comfortably anyway. I don't hate Arcade1Up cabs, I have 3 of them. But I recognize them for what they are, cheaply made cool looking trinkets. The idea of actually paying $500 or one being worth that is just absurd, you're paying for Arcade1Up quality, for Arcade1Up customer service. You're not getting some state of the art top of the line item, they're adding wifi and charging a lot more. It's a bad value. I say this also as someone that is intrigued by their pinball machines.

Thing is, four people can't play comfortably anyway. I don't hate Arcade1Up cabs, I have 3 of them. But I recognize them for what they are, cheaply made cool looking trinkets. The idea of actually paying $500 or one being worth that is just absurd, you're paying for Arcade1Up quality, for Arcade1Up customer service. You're not getting some state of the art top of the line item, they're adding wifi and charging a lot more. It's a bad value. I say this also as someone that is intrigued by their pinball machines.
Personally I agree, I would never pay full price for an Arcade1Up cab... but I wouldn't pay full price for much of anything gaming related, that's why I'm here. I only own the Star Wars one and I bought it at 20% off which is still about the lowest I've seen it. It was mostly online only so I didn't expect to be able to eve find a clearance on it. I have a homemade MAME cab so I also probably won't get another A1Up until the pinball machines come out.

I think there is a market for them at full price though since they're easy enough for anyone to setup up and start playing quickly. The LU is similarly easy to set up, but to get the full use out of it you've got to be a bit of a tech head, so it's really targeted at an even more niche audience... it just also happens to be the exact kind of people that read/post in online gaming forums like this one.

2 people can only play comfortably on the NBA jam cabinet and that is only if they are on opposite teams with an empty player between them. 2 people on the same team isn't even possible unless you are like 10.

Look at the video here lol.

https://youtu.be/EBdHxbe2hKg?t=457

[quote name="doctorwolf" post="14266284" timestamp="1582475603"]

NBA Jam is 4 player and has online. I'm not surprised at that price. Frogger has two buttons and 3 crappy games. Not quite sure what the justifying factor is, other than maybe making $500 NBA Jam look like a deal.[/quote

I agree with your assessment on the pricing, but time pilot is a pretty swell game imo...

It has wifi, it has a better monitor, it has better controls, far more features, etc, etc, etc.... You're basically paying for art.
I have the legends ultimate, agree with this 100%, and very much enjoy playing jam and hangtime on it.

I wish A1up would make full size slim arcades instead of 3/4 replicas with a bigger monitor...i understand it might taint the nostalgia a bit, but playability does matter.

[quote name="pbfluff" post="14266315" timestamp="1582482515"]

[quote name="doctorwolf" post="14266284" timestamp="1582475603"]

NBA Jam is 4 player and has online. I'm not surprised at that price. Frogger has two buttons and 3 crappy games. Not quite sure what the justifying factor is, other than maybe making $500 NBA Jam look like a deal.[/quote

I agree with your assessment on the pricing, but time pilot is a pretty swell game imo...[/quote]

Yeah you're right, it's not horrible. For $500 Konami cabinet though, pretty bland lineup. Would have been slightly more palatable, balanced offering if they threw Rush n Attack or something else on there.

Are those Marvel vs Capcom cabs still a thing? I feel like they were never even officially announced despite being shown at a game convention a little ways back.

The surprise for me is that the "NBA Jam" unit costs the same as "Pac-Man Anniversary" and "Frogger". I DID expect "NBA Jam" to be $500, but it's $500 with a stool. So, the wider control deck and wi-fi capabilities apparently aren't seen as a premium over the more "standard" "Pac-Man" and "Frogger" cabs.

Given the multiplayer draw of "NBA Jam", it seems kind of dumb to bundle it with "a" stool.

They do now list "Commercial-Grade Construction" as a feature on these three new cabs. Whatever that means.

But, these $500 Gamestop bundles all include stools and they are no doubt not being included as a "bonus". Those stools retail for $80 (Wal-Mart sells them for $70). So, these really aren't marked up much more than "Burger Time" at $400.

2 people can only play comfortably on the NBA jam cabinet and that is only if they are on opposite teams with an empty player between them. 2 people on the same team isn't even possible unless you are like 10.

Look at the video here lol.

https://youtu.be/EBdHxbe2hKg?t=457
I can vouch for this. I just picked up the Turtles cabinet on sale yesterday and after setting it up and playing it with my wife for a little while it certainly is tight quarters for 2 average sized adults.

NBA JAM is on it's way! These machines are great and keep getting better!

I just hope in a few years we can get budget releases of all these. They'll make their money charging $300 and $400 'cause these are very unique and people will buy them, but i hope after a few years of profit is made for the company, they can afford to sell these for $99 and still make a good profit.

We'll just have to wait and see!

I picked up 2 Pac-Man and a Golden Tee for $75 each at a Walmart near me. I didn't need Pac-Man but wasn't gonna pass it up and I already had Golden Tee but a friend has expressed interest in a couple so thinking of turning the pac-man into a simple 60 in 1. 

I picked up 2 Pac-Man and a Golden Tee for $75 each at a Walmart near me. I didn't need Pac-Man but wasn't gonna pass it up and I already had Golden Tee but a friend has expressed interest in a couple so thinking of turning the pac-man into a simple 60 in 1.
What state? I’ve only even seen a golden tee once in NJ. It was full price.

So I guess NBA Jam is supposed to be viewed as a deal since it includes a stool and online play for the same price as Pac-Man 40th and Frogger...

For complete idiot novices (cough - like me - cough), how easy is it to add games to this cabinet? The Sam's Club page clearly shows a "special" orange USB stick with 10 games and looks like it has like 4 USB ports for adding games/roms/emulators/etc.

For complete idiot novices (cough - like me - cough), how easy is it to add games to this cabinet? The Sam's Club page clearly shows a "special" orange USB stick with 10 games and looks like it has like 4 USB ports for adding games/roms/emulators/etc.
Can you drag and drop files on a pc? Follow step by step instructions?

If yeah you can easily follow a YouTube video and do it in an afternoon.

Very easy. Tons of sites have them premade. Throw on a usb stick and go.

2 usb inputs. 2 HDMI inputs.

Yeah to reiterate what's already been said, AtGames made it as easy as possible to add games. There's even more than one way to do it (you can stream from your PC for instance, the cab even can connect to a RasberryPi now)

That's one reason why their product is so much better. Not only did they make it physically better, using better materials, but they saw to it was much more consumer friendly as well. It really changed my attitude about both AtGames (they've made a lot of crap in the past) and Arcade1Up. It just shows that Arcade1Up could have easily gone further to be more consumer friendly.

I love how the Marvel cab looks (but really that's not Arcade1Up's doing) and I do think the Star Wars cab fills a niche. But for the most part, their machines are just intentionally stunted products to the point that I have one $75 cab (Asteroids) I regret buying, and I actually passed up on two others at the same price (Space Invaders and Galaga). They're just not what they could have been...

As others have stated, they have been pretty much out of stock since the holidays, so while probably a better choice, not really, as you can't currently buy one.
The stock shortage is a total bummer...though I wouldn’t settle for a MSRP Arcade1up unless I was razor focused on a specific replica cab.

Otherwise, the legends ultimate at the $450 I paid was well worth it and I wouldn’t even consider buying and modding a clearance priced Arcade1up over it.

Just play retro games on a pi until they come back in stock.

I'm waiting out the Legends Ultimate shortage.  I like that it has pretty much all the main control methods built in without the need to mod it.

bread's done
Back