The Home Arcade Tremendous Deals and Discussion Thread

MinDRIoT

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (97%)
Having recently acquired a couple of tremendous Arcade1Up machines on sale at a local Walmart. Very tremendous. I thought we needed a dedicated Arcade1Up deals thread to keep track of deals. I know deals people, believe me.

These deals are very YMMV but it seems many, many Walmarts are clearing these out right now. Clearing them out. Brickseek links provided where available, check your local stores for price and availability. Brickseek is not 100% accurate though, as I said ... YMMV.

Search your local area, or any ZIP, for in store deals with deals.consolekits.com (Site no longer exists)

Asteroids, Major Havoc, Lunar Lander and Tempest - as low as $75 in store, very hard to find or $164.99 online

Centipede, Millipede, Missile Command, Crystal Castles - as low as $75 in store, very hard to find or $174.99 online

Final Fight, 1944, Ghosts'N Goblins, Strider - as low as $125 in store $150 at Walmart online

Galaga, Galaxian - as low as $75 in store $150 at Walmart online

Mortal Kombat I,II & III - as low as $150 in store $199 at Walmart online

Pacman, Pacman PLUS - as low as $150 in store

Rampage, Gauntlet, Joust, Defender - as low as $75 in store $199 at Walmart online

Space Invaders - as low as $75 in store $150 at Walmart online

Street Fighter ll - as low as $75 in store $199 at Walmart online

Golden Tee - $299 at Walmart

Marvel Superheroes - $299 at Walmart

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Arcade Machine w/ Riser - $349 at Walmart

Star Wars w/riser - $399 at Walmart

Pac-Man Head to Head Arcade Table with Two Pac-Man Gaming Stools (No Galaga or DigDug)- $450 at Sam's

Street Fighter Head to Head Arcade Table - $430 at Walmart

Legends Ultimate Home Arcade Special Edition - $500 at Sam's

Arcade1up Riser - $44.88 online or order for instore pickup

I myself picked up the Final Fight and Rampage machines for $125 each for the Oval Office in the White CatCondo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking through the features listed on the three upcoming units (Frogger, NBA Jam, Pac-Man), one of the bullets says, "Commercial-grade construction." None of the previous units (as well as BurgerTime) has this listed. Does this made these new ones are going to be made sturdier than previous ones? If that is the case, that would seem to make that new $500 price point a little more digestible.

If that is not the case and they are just continuing with the same construction formula, I can't imagine why on earth they would highlight that as a feature.

Seeing Ebay pricing on some Arcade1Up stuff is hilarious. Was considering getting a Control Panel Deck off there if I could find a cheap one (Since getting a custom made one would still run around $60-$80 for 2 players with the Marvel or SF2 skin I want), and almost all the ones I see are more than half the price of buying a damn cab. (Like a dinged SF2 panel without balltops for $130 after shipping lmao)

Seeing Ebay pricing on some Arcade1Up stuff is hilarious. Was considering getting a Control Panel Deck off there if I could find a cheap one (Since getting a custom made one would still run around $60-$80 for 2 players with the Marvel or SF2 skin I want), and almost all the ones I see are more than half the price of buying a damn cab. (Like a dinged SF2 panel without balltops for $130 after shipping lmao)
Facebook marketplace has a lot of good deals on those. At least in my area.

YMMV - I was able to order a Legends Ultimate Arcade from Sam's today.  It says it will be delivered on the 19th.  I've been checking several times a day for a while and appear to have gotten lucky today :)

My ever helpful credit card denied the payment since I almost never charge anything and it appeared suspicious, got a text asking if it was really me, then was told to try it again.  Longest 3 minutes of my life thinking I missed my chance!  It's been a couple hours since I placed the order and it hasn't been cancelled...yet.  Keeping my fingers crossed.

[attachment=33733:AtHomeArcade.jpg]

YMMV - I was able to order a Legends Ultimate Arcade from Sam's today. It says it will be delivered on the 19th. I've been checking several times a day for a while and appear to have gotten lucky today :)

My ever helpful credit card denied the payment since I almost never charge anything and it appeared suspicious, got a text asking if it was really me, then was told to try it again. Longest 3 minutes of my life thinking I missed my chance! It's been a couple hours since I placed the order and it hasn't been cancelled...yet. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Nice! Fingers crossed it goes through for you. I’ve been keeps tabs on Sam’s as well but haven’t snagged one yet. Still regretting not snagging one when I saw one locally in-store around Christmas.

YMMV - I was able to order a Legends Ultimate Arcade from Sam's today. It says it will be delivered on the 19th. I've been checking several times a day for a while and appear to have gotten lucky today :)

My ever helpful credit card denied the payment since I almost never charge anything and it appeared suspicious, got a text asking if it was really me, then was told to try it again. Longest 3 minutes of my life thinking I missed my chance! It's been a couple hours since I placed the order and it hasn't been cancelled...yet. Keeping my fingers crossed.

attachicon.gif
AtHomeArcade.jpg
Congrats. You’re gonna love it. Best VG related purchase I’ve made in years.

Finally finished my modded cab! I have my space invaders control board leftover, and a handful of extra buttons. I've also got an extra rpie... I might make something "portable" with this hmmm.

Has anyone ever bought directly from Arcade 1Up or are you all bargain hunters? I ordered the Burger Time cabinet from them since that's the only place you can buy it and they claim it's limited. They sent me a FedEx notification that it was getting ready to ship, and that was over a month ago! It's still listed as a preorder on their site with an April shipping date, so why would they send me a shipping notification in February?

Has anyone ever bought directly from Arcade 1Up or are you all bargain hunters? I ordered the Burger Time cabinet from them since that's the only place you can buy it and they claim it's limited. They sent me a FedEx notification that it was getting ready to ship, and that was over a month ago! It's still listed as a preorder on their site with an April shipping date, so why would they send me a shipping notification in February?
I have had replacement parts from them take 2 weeks to ship after they create a shipping label.

Considering they charge sales tax AND shipping, why anyone would order direct from them instead of Walmart besides an exclusive cabinet is beyond me.

AtHomeArcade.jpg
Must be nice. Over the past few weeks I've tried ordering one from Walmart and either the order would go through and get canceled a minute later, or the order would just get denied. I have no idea why? My credit card companies said everything was fine with my cards. Walmart CS was worthless and kept saying everything looked fine but to try placing the order 30 minutes later.
Now it's not showing up on their site.

I'm pretty sure the initial release date for that was supposed to be early March. I guess it got delayed?

Considering they charge sales tax AND shipping, why anyone would order direct from them instead of Walmart besides an exclusive cabinet is beyond me.
I haven't ever been charged sales tax on an Arcade1Up order.

I'm pretty sure the initial release date for that was supposed to be early March. I guess it got delayed?
It wasn't supposed to be delayed for the first 1000 orders. The first 1000 orders were supposed to ship by 3/1 (even though they left that date up on their page long after they passed the 1000 order mark). They had sent out an e-mail that made it sound like those first orders made it out of China and were on their way.

It looks like they are down to 415, so they sold more of these than I thought they were going to sell.

Yeah, even if it made it out of China, the process for taking it in over here is gonna be greatly delayed, as anything with "China" on the box is gonna have that effect currently. "N" said awhile back they would be seeing issues in regards to system productions, and they actually have the resources to use other locations, but the supply chain no matter where a place is located, is gonna be greatly effected and cause ripples every place else.

Yeah, even if it made it out of China, the process for taking it in over here is gonna be greatly delayed, as anything with "China" on the box is gonna have that effect currently. "N" said awhile back they would be seeing issues in regards to system productions, and they actually have the resources to use other locations, but the supply chain no matter where a place is located, is gonna be greatly effected and cause ripples every place else.
Yep, you're right. They had said they arrived in CA on 3/9, but it didn't sound like they had made it out of the port at that point.

i apologize for the confusion, i meant the legends ultimate not burgertime
The Legends Ultimate was available on Sam's Club for about 5min this morning...

I ordered mine last week, it sat in limbo with the app telling me it shipped on 3/10 with delivery "by 3/19" and the samsclub.com site saying it was "processing". Then I got an email telling me "Sorry, but we're still working on your order" on Saturday (a few days after I placed the order and it told me it shipped and 3 days after my credit card was charged). Then finally, Sunday night / Mon morning at 3:44am it told me it was shipped but was still sitting in Texas. After finally seeing the tracking by Pilot Freight (interesting carrier), I went back to the entry to take a screen cap to post here that it was available again and it was already out of stock again. Then I looked at my tracking and saw it's now saying Mon 23rd for delivery.

I have a feeling they are getting stock allocated to them from a warehouse and are shipping it right from there...but if you get lucky enough to sneak in an order, be patient as it looks like it will eventually go through.

[attachment=33749:Shipping.jpg]

(edit - just hid my order number and destination that was shown)

The Legends Ultimate was available on Sam's Club for about 5min this morning...

I ordered mine last week, it sat in limbo with the app telling me it shipped on 3/10 with delivery "by 3/19" and the samsclub.com site saying it was "processing". Then I got an email telling me "Sorry, but we're still working on your order" on Saturday (a few days after I placed the order and it told me it shipped and 3 days after my credit card was charged). Then finally, Sunday night / Mon morning at 3:44am it told me it was shipped but was still sitting in Texas. After finally seeing the tracking by Pilot Freight (interesting carrier), I went back to the entry to take a screen cap to post here that it was available again and it was already out of stock again. Then I looked at my tracking and saw it's now saying Mon 23rd for delivery.

I have a feeling they are getting stock allocated to them from a warehouse and are shipping it right from there...but if you get lucky enough to sneak in an order, be patient as it looks like it will eventually go through.

attachicon.gif
Shipping.jpg

(edit - just hid my order number and destination that was shown)
My wife snagged mine using the sams club app last december at midnight during the one day sale. I recommend getting it from Sams if at all possible, but I have no idea when it will be in stock.

the legends ultimate reddit has posted a a couple times recently when it came in stock and when it went out again.

I preordered one of the Legends Ultimate from Walmart at the beginning of the month and it said it shipped last night. Supposed to arrive by the end of the week. The tracking number said it is shipping from California and I live in Oregon so arrive in good time if there is no delays.

AtGames is now shipping only a single model. The Walmart version. All cabs going forward will be the Walmart version. 

I just got an email from FedEx telling me my Burger Time cabinet is on the way. Expected delivery date.... February 12.

If I click on it, the new page says this Friday.

That sweet sweet tax money plus my new job are started to finally line the pockets. Lucked out and found one of those Dell 2007 FP Monitors on Ebay for screen upgrades for only $60 (The average seems to be like $100+ lately), gonna order a mounting kit as well

I made a second control panel with just 6 buttons and one joystick from my leftover parts from the mod. I had a second raspberry pi. I'm thinking of mounting it on top of a mini fridge and using it that way!

I made a second control panel with just 6 buttons and one joystick from my leftover parts from the mod. I had a second raspberry pi. I'm thinking of mounting it on top of a mini fridge and using it that way!
It’s the right thing to do.

Better yet, build a cabinet around the mini fridge.

Feel bad for hijacking the thread with so many Legends posts....  But the Legends Ultimate is back in stock at Sam's Club.  Someone said they had 31 in stock about 20min ago, if you want one, hurry up!  :)

https://www.samsclub.com/p/legends-home-arcade-special-edition/prod23603404?xid=plp_product_1_1

Edit - and see someone else beat me to it, sorry pbluff.

As a heads up for anybody who does purchase one, it's shipped by Pilot Shipping which is....interesting.  A timeline of the events from my shipping:

Given a date of March 19 for it to be delivered

Got confirmation it was ready to ship

Confirmation it was on the truck

Delivery date changed to March 23

Confirmation it made it to Georgia

Confirmation it was transferred

Unknown Carrier_status_code [my town]

Confirmation it left GA

No delivery date and EXCEPTION listed as the status

Reverse Alert [my town]

Emailed Customer

Recovered At Destination

Out for delivery

Delivered March 19

No clue what happened, but sounded like it was turned down or tried to be returned by whoever received it here.  And then the "customer" they emailed must have been Sam's as it sure wasn't me.  Maybe they lost it and then found/recovered it.  No clue.

But be prepared for the journey for it to make its way to you if you purchase one!

I got my Legends Ultimate delivered today from Walmart with no delays. Though the delivery person just dumped it off at my door and didn't even knock when it was supposed to be signed for. Good thing I heard them slamming the truck door before they left. Not cool just leaving something like that out in the open and not even knock but at least I have it now.

I don't mind all the legends ultimate talk. It would be cool if the OP changed the name of the thread and removed "1Up" so this would be about all arcade stuff.

Side note for the Legends, I watched Pdubs video today with the lightgun support that was added in the latest update. Pretty cool stuff even though those guns are over $100 each. I don't like where he put the sensor... but to setup/test it made sense. I'd want it above the screen so you wouldn't have to stand so far back.

I got my Legends Ultimate delivered today from Walmart with no delays. Though the delivery person just dumped it off at my door and didn't even knock when it was supposed to be signed for. Good thing I heard them slamming the truck door before they left. Not cool just leaving something like that out in the open and not even knock but at least I have it now.
Looking forward to your feedback on the control deck and overall experience.

Who was the shipper? I know I got an email from FedEx the other day stating they would be waving the signature requirement to help protect the drivers and support social distancing best they can while still delivering.

Who was the shipper? I know I got an email from FedEx the other day stating they would be waving the signature requirement to help protect the drivers and support social distancing best they can while still delivering.
It was FedEX. Well I guess that is fine just wish they would of knocked. I don't want something like that sitting on the porch while I'm still in bed. It isn't hidden in another box so anyone can see what it is. At least I heard them slam the truck door loudly outside my window and I got it right away so all is cool.

It was FedEX. Well I guess that is fine just wish they would of knocked. I don't want something like that sitting on the porch while I'm still in bed. It isn't hidden in another box so anyone can see what it is. At least I heard them slam the truck door loudly outside my window and I got it right away so all is cool.
That just happened to me this morning with my Burger Time cabinet. No knock, no ring, no nothing. I wouldn't have even known it was out there if I hadn't checked my email. That's a hell of a thing to leave just sitting out there by the front door when everyone can see exactly what it is.

Speaking of arcade games, this time off of work has given me some time to work on my multi jamma light gun cabinet project the past few days.

Today I finished the little "shelf" i am building so I can put 5 games below the main game board inside the cabinet.  Turned out pretty nice.

https://i.imgur.com/I09eXfE.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/0v0DQbo.jpg

I only have 3 games so far (Maximum Force, Police Trainer, and Carnevil), and one of them (Maximum Force) is going up top above those, so I'll only be using 2 of those boards for the time being.  But once I get game 4 I will mount it to the last board there, and when I get 5 and 6 I'll have to go buy some more wood and cut em.

Speaking of arcade games, this time off of work has given me some time to work on my multi jamma light gun cabinet project the past few days.

Today I finished the little "shelf" i am building so I can put 5 games below the main game board inside the cabinet. Turned out pretty nice.

https://i.imgur.com/I09eXfE.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/0v0DQbo.jpg

I only have 3 games so far (Maximum Force, Police Trainer, and Carnevil), and one of them (Maximum Force) is going up top above those, so I'll only be using 2 of those boards for the time being. But once I get game 4 I will mount it to the last board there, and when I get 5 and 6 I'll have to go buy some more wood and cut em.
COMPLETELY ignorant to the customizing scene and really new to the home arcade scene...what are the 5 divisions for, mounting different boards? Do you need space/air for cooling reasons? Just curious, thanks. (And if it's too complex of an answer, don't bother wasting your time responding...just say "it's confusing"!)

COMPLETELY ignorant to the customizing scene and really new to the home arcade scene...what are the 5 divisions for, mounting different boards? Do you need space/air for cooling reasons? Just curious, thanks. (And if it's too complex of an answer, don't bother wasting your time responding...just say "it's confusing"!)
Yep it's for mounting different boards.

I have a Maximum Force cabinet and I'm turning it into a light gun cabinet with (eventually) 6 games in it (well 7 if you count the Maximum Force / Area 51 duo board I have as 2 games).

I did a lot of work this evening and mounted everything so here is some progress for those of you interested. I'm posting this on another forum already so I'll post it here for those who are interested in this kinda stuff. I'm having just as much fun making this as I will have playing it. Hell maybe even more lol.

As for the heat issue, the switcher I am using only powers 1 board at a time, so it isn't like there is a lot of things turned on at once in there. The Maximum Force cabinet by default doesn't even have a fan in it and is super quiet. I don't think these games generate much heat in general, but there will still be enough airflow in there (as you can see from the pics) that it won't be an issue. Also, keep in mind it's not going to be on for 12 hours a day like it was at an arcade. I'll have it on for like an hour or two maybe.

I added that gap there though because as you can see on the Carnevil and Maximum Force board, there are pieces that stick up a bit. So I just wanted to be sure there was enough clearance between all of the boards.

Here is the switcher, aux relay board, and Maximum Force / Area 51 duo board. This is going to be on the top part (as shown later). Notice the one screw I drilled through the wooden board that is sticking up, so that I can hook up all the common terminals to it. You can see that later on in another pic as well.

https://i.imgur.com/hGTyX1Z.jpg

Here is Police Trainer mounted. Also note that I have all of the switcher interface boards mounted already on all 3 JAMMA boards.

https://i.imgur.com/f7jnwIx.jpg

And here is Carnevil. This game is much larger than Police Trainer.

https://i.imgur.com/sBizVuA.jpg

Here are the games mounted down inside on their boards.

https://i.imgur.com/13irHTV.jpg

And here is the main board put on top. I kind of hooked up most of the wires just to see how it would look when it's all hooked up. Note the connectors all connected to that screw I talked about up above. I also don't have the power supply installed right now which would be over on the right there. If you look in the gap under the main board before you see the back of the cabinet, you can see the other two boards hidden down there too. Also if you see that random single yellow wire hanging out the back of the cabinet, I spliced into the SYNC wire coming from the monitor because the Carnevil board needs it hooked up, so that will be wired up to the Carnevil board.

https://i.imgur.com/j414RjZ.jpg

Tomorrow I hope to start some of the wiring. My plan is to just get Maximum Force working first and then once that works, I'll just have to make harnesses for the guns for each of the other boards, which shouldn't be tough. All of the main plumbing will be in place by that point.

And keep the questions coming if you have em. I love talking about this stuff.

My Arcade Legends arrived a couple days ago. It's honestly a squeeze in my current place, and I was gearing up to buy a bigger house until the apocalypse hit, so it may need to spend a few years in the box. Any reliability issues that indicate I should set it up and test it out while it's still in the return/warranty window?

That just happened to me this morning with my Burger Time cabinet. No knock, no ring, no nothing. I wouldn't have even known it was out there if I hadn't checked my email. That's a hell of a thing to leave just sitting out there by the front door when everyone can see exactly what it is.
Glad you found it and got it before anything could happen to it. Hope anyone else expecting anything big or expensive to be delivered to keep an eye out for their stuff in case they get the same treatment.

How awesome is the Bugertime Cabinet for those that got them?  I love the form factor and it looks amazing...wish I had the room for it.

What do you lucky guys and gals who got one think of it?

How awesome is the Bugertime Cabinet for those that got them? I love the form factor and it looks amazing...wish I had the room for it.

What do you lucky guys and gals who got one think of it?
I don’t really care for any of the games on that cabinet, but I sure do love the artwork and cabinet form factor.

bread's done
Back