The Home Arcade Tremendous Deals and Discussion Thread

MinDRIoT

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (97%)
Having recently acquired a couple of tremendous Arcade1Up machines on sale at a local Walmart. Very tremendous. I thought we needed a dedicated Arcade1Up deals thread to keep track of deals. I know deals people, believe me.

These deals are very YMMV but it seems many, many Walmarts are clearing these out right now. Clearing them out. Brickseek links provided where available, check your local stores for price and availability. Brickseek is not 100% accurate though, as I said ... YMMV.

Search your local area, or any ZIP, for in store deals with deals.consolekits.com (Site no longer exists)

Asteroids, Major Havoc, Lunar Lander and Tempest - as low as $75 in store, very hard to find or $164.99 online

Centipede, Millipede, Missile Command, Crystal Castles - as low as $75 in store, very hard to find or $174.99 online

Final Fight, 1944, Ghosts'N Goblins, Strider - as low as $125 in store $150 at Walmart online

Galaga, Galaxian - as low as $75 in store $150 at Walmart online

Mortal Kombat I,II & III - as low as $150 in store $199 at Walmart online

Pacman, Pacman PLUS - as low as $150 in store

Rampage, Gauntlet, Joust, Defender - as low as $75 in store $199 at Walmart online

Space Invaders - as low as $75 in store $150 at Walmart online

Street Fighter ll - as low as $75 in store $199 at Walmart online

Golden Tee - $299 at Walmart

Marvel Superheroes - $299 at Walmart

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Arcade Machine w/ Riser - $349 at Walmart

Star Wars w/riser - $399 at Walmart

Pac-Man Head to Head Arcade Table with Two Pac-Man Gaming Stools (No Galaga or DigDug)- $450 at Sam's

Street Fighter Head to Head Arcade Table - $430 at Walmart

Legends Ultimate Home Arcade Special Edition - $500 at Sam's

Arcade1up Riser - $44.88 online or order for instore pickup

I myself picked up the Final Fight and Rampage machines for $125 each for the Oval Office in the White CatCondo.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have not tried that yet.  I was told that it would ship as soon as it came back in stock which happened this past weekend.  So when I saw that it didn't change anything I called and they said they would be refunding me as they were out of stock again, but not even that has happened yet.  I may have to got the charge back route as you suggested.

Sweet, I hope to score one next time it's available. I've been clearing out some of my backlog to pay for it. I have enough money now so hopefully it is available again very soon.
The more people that discuss their experiences with adding games the better. I want to learn as much as I can
I've kind of been doing the same. Already getting overwhelmed with all the options and possibilities. Loading Turbo CD games onto it sounds amazing, especially after the ridiculous delays going on with the Turbo mini. Playing those on an arcade machine is something I never even considered but all of a sudden sounds extremely appealing.

Got my legends ultimate cabinet today. Seems cool but disappointed in some areas. My screen has a handful of black specks all around it. Very small and they are not noticeable in more extensive games, but stick out like a sore thumb in the menu/older games with a lot of empty space. Not sure if anyone else has this issue, I couldn't find anything online.

Here are my first impressions:

Cons
- No background/home screen music. Pretty sure you can add this via USB but some stock music should be standard. Seems very odd navigating an arcade machine with no sound.
- Buttons sound super springy compared to clicky. You can hear the vibration of the springs underneath like crazy. I'm sure the no background noise makes this worse.
- Trackball seems meh. Should work fine for the games on it it definitely isn't very loose if you wanted to add a bowling game or golden tee. Probably easy/cheap to upgrade.
- Installed games are low quality that don't take advantage of the system's CPU or the six button layout.
- Speakers were worse than I thought they'd be.

Pros
- Solid build quality. Very sturdy and easy to assemble. Graphics on the side are ugly but the shiny gloss coming off it is real nice. Nice chrome around the machine also.
- Decent buttons. Respond pretty well, spinner is very nice.
- Screen is decent size and quality.
- Super customizable. Seems easy to be able to add your own games, songs, screensavers, backgrounds via just a USB.

Now the fun part begins. Had zero interest in the stock games but loved the idea of being able to potentially add simpsons, TMNT, NBA Jam, etc. with just a flash drive. Can anyone recommend a "legends ultimate for morons" video/site to get me started?

Edit: Here are the black specks I was talking about. [attachment=33928:IMG_20200424_154746.jpg]

Got my legends ultimate cabinet today. Seems cool but disappointed in some areas. My screen has a handful of black specks all around it. Very small and they are not noticeable in more extensive games, but stick out like a sore thumb in the menu/older games with a lot of empty space. Not sure if anyone else has this issue, I couldn't find anything online.
Here are my first impressions:
Cons
- No background/home screen music. Pretty sure you can add this via USB but some stock music should be standard. Seems very odd navigating an arcade machine with no sound.
- Buttons sound super springy compared to clicky. You can hear the vibration of the springs underneath like crazy. I'm sure the no background noise makes this worse.
- Trackball seems meh. Should work fine for the games on it it definitely isn't very loose if you wanted to add a bowling game or golden tee. Probably easy/cheap to upgrade.
- Installed games are low quality that don't take advantage of the system's CPU or the six button layout.
- Speakers were worse than I thought they'd be.
Pros
- Solid build quality. Very sturdy and easy to assemble. Graphics on the side are ugly but the shiny gloss coming off it is real nice. Nice chrome around the machine also.
- Decent buttons. Respond pretty well, spinner is very nice.
- Screen is decent size and quality.
- Super customizable. Seems easy to be able to add your own games, songs, screensavers, backgrounds via just a USB.
Now the fun part begins. Had zero interest in the stock games but loved the idea of being able to potentially add simpsons, TMNT, NBA Jam, etc. with just a flash drive. Can anyone recommend a "legends ultimate for morons" video/site to get me started?
Edit: Here are the black specks I was talking about. IMG_20200424_154746.jpg
John Riggs has some guides for adding games on YouTube. They are not super detailed but he does reference other channels that are more detailed. Did yours come with the namco dongle? That may have just been a holiday promo from Sam's club

I could be wrong, but that looks like dead pixels to me, and a lot of them at that. If that's the case, I would definitely complain. Sometimes a few dead pixels are to be expected, but that seems like a lot - especially that big cluster of them on the right.
Yeah I'll reach out. Sadly when I checked the atgames warranty page they said "customer pays shipping" so now I'm out of pocket for them sending me a faulty product.

Yeah I'll reach out. Sadly when I checked the atgames warranty page they said "customer pays shipping" so now I'm out of pocket for them sending me a faulty product.
I wouldn't even bother with them. Assuming you got it from Sam's Club, I would just call their customer service and explain the issue. I would hope they send a replacement and pick up the return.

Do keep us posted on what happens. I was looking into getting this, but this gives me severe reservations. I've had more than my fill of the halfassed quality control game with A1U and the last thing I want to do is play that same game with, of all the companies on earth, AT Games.

I wouldn't even bother with them. Assuming you got it from Sam's Club, I would just call their customer service and explain the issue. I would hope they send a replacement and pick up the return.
Do keep us posted on what happens. I was looking into getting this, but this gives me severe reservations. I've had more than my fill of the halfassed quality control game with A1U and the last thing I want to do is play that same game with, of all the companies on earth, AT Games.
I got an order in today with Sam's club. I'm curious to see how this turns out in case my unit is damaged

I got an order in today with Sam's club. I'm curious to see how this turns out in case my unit is damaged
I was going to, but spent so much time trying to act on a free club membership offer that was apparently already expired, it sold out again.

After seeing that though, now I'm on the fence again. I'm curious to see if this recent wave of orders end up having QC issues. Trying to resolve during a pandemic seems like a major headache. Plus I'm not immediately thrilled with my experiences with Sams customer service after calling them a couple times to ask simple questions.

Those do look like dead pixels. If you look closely, each look like a perfect square and uniform except for the cluster on the right. Dust/dirt under the glass would vary in size and shape.

Damn, it's worse than I thought. Have a entire column of messed up pixels. Definitely reaching out to atgames/samsclub. Just sucks this thing is a pain in the ass to return because of size/COVID.

Sorry, photo is on its side but you can see that line going right across the middle.[attachment=33930:IMG_20200424_230916.jpg]

I have a store that says limited stock on space invaders for $1 and also limited stock on street fighter for $50.

store is about 30 minutes away. what are my odds for disappointment?

I have a store that says limited stock on space invaders for $1 and also limited stock on street fighter for $50.

store is about 30 minutes away. what are my odds for disappointment?
Extremely high. I drove an hour round trip to a store that showed 4-5 Final Fight cabs on Wednesday and they had none. Electronics person knew exactly what I was talking about when I asked and said the $50 cabs were gone. My Walmart down the road still shows 4-5 Rampage cabs, the girl there claimed what was out was all they had but may run by today anyway to see.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Ummmm, maybe call before hand?
Even before COVID it was hard to get anyone at Walmart to answer. I called a lot of stores back when I was hunting A1ups, and typically after getting transferred a few times to electronics I’d either get disconnected or the worker had no idea what I was talking about. By all means try calling, but you may not get a solid answer.

Even before COVID it was hard to get anyone at Walmart to answer. I called a lot of stores back when I was hunting A1ups, and typically after getting transferred a few times to electronics I’d either get disconnected or the worker had no idea what I was talking about. By all means try calling, but you may not get a solid answer.
Same exact standard experience with Walmart. I feel like a lot of businesses and employees are excessively milking the "because of COVID" excuse. For instance, A1Up: "We're not going to be able to ship your replacement parts for months because of COVID and have no timeline in sight. In the meantime, look at all these new control panels you can buy for $100. We can ship those no problem."

I thought calling was the No. 1 rule of what not to do on CAG, because you alert the employee to the deal and then they buy it instead while telling you they're out.

I thought calling was the No. 1 rule of what not to do on CAG, because you alert the employee to the deal and then they buy it instead while telling you they're out.
Fair enough; I never asked if they were on clearance, just asked if they had them in stock. To confirm what brickseek was telling me. I’d totally play dumb about them being on clearance. :) I felt confident that I could Price match what the website said they were selling for it I could find the inventory.

Regardless of how awesome it is, this is still ATgames we are talking about. Thier quality control didnt magically improve tenfold over night

I finally set up my Arcade Legends Ultimate over the weekend. Thankfully, it works flawlessly. It would have been bad if it didn’t since it’s outside of the 30-day return window already. My 2-year-old had been jumping and drawing on the box for a month, but it’s packed pretty well. The only damage I could find on the unit was a knick in a plastic layer on a back corner of the top (probably not because of my kid).

BYOG is not as easy as I anticipated. You can set up a server on your computer to live stream games, but the software streaming is garbage and I couldn’t get it to work, plus you have lag in even the best of conditions. To play BYOG games locally, they have to be packaged in a special UCE format that includes the ROM, artwork, and optionally a bundled emulator. I looked through a few resources and couldn’t even figure out which MAME core would even work (since I assume e.g. the Windows build wouldn’t run on the ALU). Finally, I found a resource with a lot of UCEs to download, which is awesome— but it certainly doesn’t have every game I’d want, and the community has found some games simply don't work well / at all, like Killer Instinct. For the missing games, I’ll either need to package a UCE myself or wait for the community to do it.

That said, once you have your UCEs on a flash drive, everything works great. There are rough edges, e.g. save rewind doesn’t work in every game, and save slots immediately crash Chronicles Over Mystara, but those are just gravy.

Another gripe is that it seems to forget my ArcadeNet login every time I power cycle the ALU. The QR code login doesn’t work for me, so I have to type using a joystick. Thankfully, this isn’t required to run games on a flash drive. Next time I need to log in, I’ll try plugging in a keyboard.

Is here anyone collecting air hockey tables or who knows about them more than average person. Here is the list, see the Lumen model with digital scoreboard? I'm just wondering how often in these systems scoreboards get broken? We just need to order a couple of these tables and I don't want get f*ucked up later, because something is wrong with them, but these look fine to compare with other models from there
The scoreboards that are digital do break. Make sure you read some reviews first.

My A1U Galaga has some streaks on the screen that won't come off leading me to believe they are on the other side of the acrylic screen overlay.  Built it months ago, but if I remember correctly there are just 4 small screws attaching the acrylic to the screen right?  I'm willing to go through the trouble of dissassembling if I know I can seperate the acrylic overlay easily to clean it otherwise I'll just live with it.  Anybody have any experience with this?  Thanks.

My A1U Galaga has some streaks on the screen that won't come off leading me to believe they are on the other side of the acrylic screen overlay. Built it months ago, but if I remember correctly there are just 4 small screws attaching the acrylic to the screen right? I'm willing to go through the trouble of dissassembling if I know I can seperate the acrylic overlay easily to clean it otherwise I'll just live with it. Anybody have any experience with this? Thanks.
Yeah there’s the 4 small screws that hold the screen overlay. Besides that you need to take out the 4 screws to remove your controller deck.

For anyone who has ALU, some questions:

- what's the biggest usb memory stick you can use for game add-ons?
- do you think individual game video snaps support will be available at some point?
- for that blast pack that comes with the sams version, are those games in the same format as the ones you'd add yourself (i.e., .UCE)? If so, couldn't you technically just dump these onto your computer and add to your own game add-on stick, to have one less usb drive to fumble around with?

For anyone who has ALU, some questions:

- do you think individual game video snaps support will be available at some point?
- for that blast pack that comes with the sams version, are those games in the same format as the ones you'd add yourself (i.e., .UCE)? If so, couldn't you technically just dump these onto your computer and add to your own game add-on stick, to have one less usb drive to fumble around with?
Mine just arrived yesterday in pristine condition from Sam's. I felt pretty lucky about that. Setup took all of 15 minutes and I was up and running. Super happy with it so far. With that said...

I've seen people posting about using 256GB sticks. I don't know if there's a limit. Just note that all USB ports are USB 2.0. They support 3.0. but you won't notice any speed differences when running things off of it. I'm currently using a 64GB USB 3.0 stick and it works just fine. I've seen some people even posting that they're using multiple USB sticks for their games, separating them into categories (one for arcade, one for consoles, etc.). I don't really see a need for that since you can just separate your UCE files into folders on the stick itself and go between the folders as needed.

No clue on this one.

The dongle itself gets plugged into an HDMI port while you also plug a USB cable from the dongle into one of the USB ports. Once plugged in, you change the HDMI input on the cabinet and the games have their own menu system that's separate from the system itself. There's no way to dump the games from the dongle onto your cabinet's internal memory as far as I'm aware. You'll need to use the dongle every time. After realizing this, I went ahead and figured out which games I liked from the dongle, then separately added those games to my USB stick from another source so I'm just playing off of one stick.

Mine just arrived yesterday in pristine condition from Sam's. I felt pretty luck about that. Setup took all of 15 minutes and I was up and running. Super happy with it so far. With that said...

I've seen people posting about using 256GB sticks. I don't know if there's a limit. Just note that all USB ports are USB 2.0. They support 3.0. but you won't notice any speed differences when running things off of it. I'm currently using a 64GB USB 3.0 stick and it works just fine. I've seen some people even posting that they're using multiple USB sticks for their games, separating them into categories (one for arcade, one for consoles, etc.). I don't really see a need for that since you can just separate your UCE files into folders on the stick itself and go between the folders as needed.

No clue on this one.

The dongle itself gets plugged into an HDMI port while you also plug a USB cable from the dongle into one of the USB ports. Once plugged in, you change the HDMI input on the cabinet and the games have their own menu system that's separate from the system itself. There's no way to dump the games from the dongle onto your cabinet's internal memory as far as I'm aware. You'll need to use the dongle every time. After realizing this, I went ahead and figured out which games I liked from the dongle, then separately added those games to my USB stick from another source so I'm just playing off of one stick.
Great answers, thanks. And good to hear about the quality. That guy who posted the pictures of all the dead pixels almost completely scared me out of this, but hopefully was just a rare anomaly. This thing looks pretty fun, even though the UI looks boring AF.

This is exciting. Mine is scheduled to arrive today. I didn’t know you could just add uce files, thought I needed to build a pi or something.

My A1U Galaga has some streaks on the screen that won't come off leading me to believe they are on the other side of the acrylic screen overlay. Built it months ago, but if I remember correctly there are just 4 small screws attaching the acrylic to the screen right? I'm willing to go through the trouble of dissassembling if I know I can seperate the acrylic overlay easily to clean it otherwise I'll just live with it. Anybody have any experience with this? Thanks.
Yeah, my Asteroids A1U cabinet came out of the box loaded with sawdust coating the inside of the acrylic screen that I didn't notice until I assembled it. All I needed to do was to take off the control panel, then remove four screws holding the screen to the LCD monitor. I then was able to wash the screen, dry it, and screw it and the control panel back onto the cabinet. Pretty easy.

Heard a rumour the Star Wars A1U cab is down to $50 at Walmart? Don't have the brickseek code to look to verify but good deal if true. May have already been mentioned as I don't frequent this thread to often but hope to help pass the info. If anyone's got the brickseek sku pass it along :)

Heard a rumour the Star Wars A1U cab is down to $50 at Walmart? Don't have the brickseek code to look to verify but good deal if true. May have already been mentioned as I don't frequent this thread to often but hope to help pass the info. If anyone's got the brickseek sku pass it along :)
Yep, someone had posted earlier they grabbed one for $50. There weren't many near me even when it was full price. Congrats to anyone who snags it for that price, would have loved to have gotten it.

I'm almost tempted to order and ship to store, then see if they'll return and let me do a rebuy since all stores around me are showing $50.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

i got one, you can find it 2 skus under the sku finder on brickseek. but i'll tell ya my store had always said out of stock on brickseek i just knew they had one at one point when i got a pacman and golden tee on clearance in Feb. they didn't mark it at $50 but i scanned it with the app.

i got one, you can find it 2 skus under the sku finder on brickseek. but i'll tell ya my store had always said out of stock on brickseek i just knew they had one at one point when i got a pacman and golden tee on clearance in Feb. they didn't mark it at $50 but i scanned it with the app.
Yeah, this is about the only way to get the deals like this, as you have to be at the right place at the right time. As the minute they show $50 in store, it's gone in 5 mins. Some places even had units for $1 or $5 I believe, for some of the earlier units, but $50 for Star Wars was the best deal for sure.

Yeah, my Asteroids A1U cabinet came out of the box loaded with sawdust coating the inside of the acrylic screen that I didn't notice until I assembled it. All I needed to do was to take off the control panel, then remove four screws holding the screen to the LCD monitor. I then was able to wash the screen, dry it, and screw it and the control panel back onto the cabinet. Pretty easy.
Washed both sides of mine and those streaks won't come off! Too much trouble to order a new screen cover, so I'm gonna live with it. Did get rid of some little Styrofoam pieces that found their way behind the plastic like your sawdust.

Not sure if it means anything, but my closest Walmart that has 6+ $399 TMNT (and has only sold one ever as far as I can tell) took them off the floor yesterday. They were originally on an end cap in toys outside the clearance aisle for a few weeks back when some of the others were at $74, then in a stack on an aisle pallet just outside electronics and near-ish hardware and paint with some monitors for months and months. Now, nowhere as far as I can tell. Fingers crossed that they will go the way of Star Wars for $50.

I've been using this site. https://deals.consolekits.com/

Few I asked if they had it in the back perhaps and they looked around (or so at least I think. If not, whatever.) and they said no. I remember somebody on reddit explaned why there inventory system is messed up as well so the readings are never accurate ever.

That being said, I have went down the rabbit hole of modding my Final Fight cab and I am enjoying it. Saturday my buttons come along with the power adapter for my speakers I got off of Marketplace. I'll post up when done.

I received my legends ultimate today. I never received a shipping notice from Sam's club so I wasn't expecting it yet. Set up took about 30 minutes. I futzed around with the screws on top of the control panel as they were not lining up correctly. My ball is tight just as others have described here. I will need to loosen it up. My screen looks good. No streaks or dead pixels. I must have been lucky.

Has anyone picked up any of the other blast dongles outside what was included with the Sams club edition? From what I can tell, they all look like Atari 2600 ROMs. Are there others available?

Has anyone picked up any of the other blast dongles outside what was included with the Sams club edition? From what I can tell, they all look like Atari 2600 ROMs. Are there others available?
The dongles aren’t really worth it...invest in a usb and put uce game files on it. “fansofsaUCE” on reddit has all the info you need as well as a googledrive filled with goodies.

I received my legends ultimate today. I never received a shipping notice from Sam's club so I wasn't expecting it yet. Set up took about 30 minutes. I futzed around with the screws on top of the control panel as they were not lining up correctly. My ball is tight just as others have described here. I will need to loosen it up. My screen looks good. No streaks or dead pixels. I must have been lucky.
tenor.gif

The dongles aren’t really worth it...invest in a usb and put uce game files on it. “fansofsaUCE” on reddit has all the info you need as well as a googledrive filled with goodies.
Omg you just saved me a lot of searching. Just got mine yesterday. It’s astonishingly easy to add games with a flash drive once you get the right source.

Thank you! I’m in game heaven. It even plays my old Genesis favorite Star Control 🤩. Not to mention Food Fight and other rate arcade games.

Wow,thanks for steering me to that Reddit. Saved me a of time making my own ice files. I finally played through Cadash. I remember starting it a few times in my youth and always running out of quarters. Cadash is an interesting idea for an arcade game. You need to dedicate some time to finish it. It a quick play. The translation was pretty awful too. Really enjoying the unit so far. Looking forward to putting some Sega cd games on there and find a C64 uce of Bruce Lee or make my own

Wow,thanks for steering me to that Reddit. Saved me a of time making my own ice files. I finally played through Cadash. I remember starting it a few times in my youth and always running out of quarters. Cadash is an interesting idea for an arcade game. You need to dedicate some time to finish it. It a quick play. The translation was pretty awful too. Really enjoying the unit so far. Looking forward to putting some Sega cd games on there and find a C64 uce of Bruce Lee or make my own
Oh yeah, Bruce Lee was a cool game!

The Legends Ultimate Arcade is back in stock at Sam's Club for $499.98 (free shipping for Plus members):

https://www.samsclub.com/p/legends-home-arcade-special-edition/prod23603404?xid=plp_product_1_1

A couple other useful resources for those who have a Legends Ultimate, or are thinking of getting one:

Also, if you don't like your food plain and prefer it with "saUCE", there are some great recipes​ if you search the internet for your fellow "fansofsauce".  :whistle2:$

bread's done
Back