The Home Arcade Tremendous Deals and Discussion Thread

MinDRIoT

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (97%)
Having recently acquired a couple of tremendous Arcade1Up machines on sale at a local Walmart. Very tremendous. I thought we needed a dedicated Arcade1Up deals thread to keep track of deals. I know deals people, believe me.

These deals are very YMMV but it seems many, many Walmarts are clearing these out right now. Clearing them out. Brickseek links provided where available, check your local stores for price and availability. Brickseek is not 100% accurate though, as I said ... YMMV.

Search your local area, or any ZIP, for in store deals with deals.consolekits.com (Site no longer exists)

Asteroids, Major Havoc, Lunar Lander and Tempest - as low as $75 in store, very hard to find or $164.99 online

Centipede, Millipede, Missile Command, Crystal Castles - as low as $75 in store, very hard to find or $174.99 online

Final Fight, 1944, Ghosts'N Goblins, Strider - as low as $125 in store $150 at Walmart online

Galaga, Galaxian - as low as $75 in store $150 at Walmart online

Mortal Kombat I,II & III - as low as $150 in store $199 at Walmart online

Pacman, Pacman PLUS - as low as $150 in store

Rampage, Gauntlet, Joust, Defender - as low as $75 in store $199 at Walmart online

Space Invaders - as low as $75 in store $150 at Walmart online

Street Fighter ll - as low as $75 in store $199 at Walmart online

Golden Tee - $299 at Walmart

Marvel Superheroes - $299 at Walmart

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Arcade Machine w/ Riser - $349 at Walmart

Star Wars w/riser - $399 at Walmart

Pac-Man Head to Head Arcade Table with Two Pac-Man Gaming Stools (No Galaga or DigDug)- $450 at Sam's

Street Fighter Head to Head Arcade Table - $430 at Walmart

Legends Ultimate Home Arcade Special Edition - $500 at Sam's

Arcade1up Riser - $44.88 online or order for instore pickup

I myself picked up the Final Fight and Rampage machines for $125 each for the Oval Office in the White CatCondo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure if your games are on carpet, but if they are, get some of those sliders. I can slide my cabinets around by myself like they are on ice skates.
I actually have some of those under my cocktail tables, as those are actually in my house, while my full size are in my garage until I clean my office and make room for them there. Yeah, getting the full size around on my ground floor is no issue, but moving them up to my loft were I originally wanted to place them is the issue(very narrow stair case that turns).

Someone here awhile back recommended removing the monitor(which never crossed my mind), and that would work well, but putting them in my office is just fine. Sadly, my office has even less room than anyplace in my house at the moment, but during lock down, it's on my "to do soon list". LOL

My original plan was to have most of my games and collectibles in my loft which is upstairs, while having my gaming library in my office. After realizing the folly of getting the uprights upstairs, I opted to keep them in my office, and put the library in the loft instead along with the cocktails. So in the end, it's probably a better solution overall, as I need the bigger space of the loft, for my HUGE library of gaming publications. While over the years, I don't have as much collectible stuff, so that will go better in my office with the full size cabs, as it's a much smaller space.

Anyone have the 3/4 toyshock pinball machines? Was considering getting one of those since I made my own barcade, only have room for 1 Arcade1UP or a 3/4 pinball...
I personally wouldn’t buy the toyshock. Wait for the Arcade1up pinballs that are coming or the next wave of toyshock. Build quality and design are immensely better on the new ones coming out.

I actually have some of those under my cocktail tables, as those are actually in my house, while my full size are in my garage until I clean my office and make room for them there. Yeah, getting the full size around on my ground floor is no issue, but moving them up to my loft were I originally wanted to place them is the issue(very narrow stair case that turns).

Someone here awhile back recommended removing the monitor(which never crossed my mind), and that would work well, but putting them in my office is just fine. Sadly, my office has even less room than anyplace in my house at the moment, but during lock down, it's on my "to do soon list". LOL

My original plan was to have most of my games and collectibles in my loft which is upstairs, while having my gaming library in my office. After realizing the folly of getting the uprights upstairs, I opted to keep them in my office, and put the library in the loft instead along with the cocktails. So in the end, it's probably a better solution overall, as I need the bigger space of the loft, for my HUGE library of gaming publications. While over the years, I don't have as much collectible stuff, so that will go better in my office with the full size cabs, as it's a much smaller space.
I gutted my cabinets when I moved them into the basement. It probably cut the weight in half or close to it. And it's really not hard to figure out how to take stuff out. I could have gotten my Maximum Force in my basement myself on a dolly with how light it was after taking the monitor out and the board the game is mounted to. But I opted to have my neighbor across the street help just for safety reasons.

Legends Ultimate is $600 with a monthly subscription to play games, or the choice to buy the games to download locally, as well as a few hours to play any unsupported game each month.

A1Up is $50 on clearance, then you buy a Pi 4 kit on Amazon for $80. Nobody is spending $415 for the Star Wars cabinet and then modding it from there. You still have two working units that can be played separately, with the Pi 4 being a really great mini-console if you decide you don't like the arcade setup.

You're right, it's for people who wanted one but don't want to invest $600, or buy a subscription, or buy individual roms, or allocate more area for a full-sized cabinet. I don't have friends who'd see any man-cave arcade as anything more than a novelty they might play for a few minutes before going back to X1/PS4/N64.
I spent $450 shipped from Sams (and $20 on a low profile 128gb usb3 drive). The machine is full size height with a slim depth profile that sits nicely in my home office while having a fairly significant collection of games to play sourced from a google drove on reddit.

The control panel is decent, lighted marquee, 24” monitor, and the artwork is tolerable. There is no comparison between this and A1up modded into a multicade...the A1up is a poor value proposition for a mame cabinet imo

The Legends Ultimate made me rethink Arcade1Up purchases and probably kept me from making one or two (I passed on a $75 Space Invaders and Galaga).

I probably wouldn't have bothered with my Asteroids cab even at $75, but it's pretty hard to get upset about my $75 Centipede (I like the art) and Street Fighter (though if I never mod it, it's a piece of crap).

Here's the thing. I can still mod my Street Fighter cab way cheaper than Legends Ultimate. It won't be as nice though. The main difference is if you are budget conscious you can do a pretty cheap mod on a pretty cheap cab. I see Arcade1Up modding as a tier below Legends Ultimate, and of course there are still higher budget and nicer options than either. If I paid full price for Street Fighter with the intent to mod it, I'd feel pretty bad right now.

I spent $450 shipped from Sams (and $20 on a low profile 128gb usb3 drive). The machine is full size height with a slim depth profile that sits nicely in my home office while having a fairly significant collection of games to play sourced from a google drove on reddit.

The control panel is decent, lighted marquee, 24” monitor, and the artwork is tolerable. There is no comparison between this and A1up modded into a multicade...the A1up is a poor value proposition for a mame cabinet imo
Yes, that's definitely 100% your opinion. I wouldn't even think of putting an arcade cabinet in my office, and yet you did. Sounds like it's not as objective as you telling others what's acceptable or what they can accommodate, champ.

Legends Ultimate is $600 with a monthly subscription to play games, or the choice to buy the games to download locally, as well as a few hours to play any unsupported game each month.

A1Up is $50 on clearance, then you buy a Pi 4 kit on Amazon for $80. Nobody is spending $415 for the Star Wars cabinet and then modding it from there. You still have two working units that can be played separately, with the Pi 4 being a really great mini-console if you decide you don't like the arcade setup.

You're right, it's for people who wanted one but don't want to invest $600, or buy a subscription, or buy individual roms, or allocate more area for a full-sized cabinet. I don't have friends who'd see any man-cave arcade as anything more than a novelty they might play for a few minutes before going back to X1/PS4/N64.
You should stop posting misinformation.

The AtGames is 549 at Walmart and 499 at sams. Lots of people (including me) got them at 449.

There is supposed to be a monthly subscription someday (had my unit since November and they are still not charging) but it is COMPLETELY optional. Honestly I hope they aren’t planning on making money via that model because I doubt if 1% of owners will use it given all the free ways to add games. The included games are free. Add your own ROMS is free. Connecting to a Pi or PC....you guessed it...free.

I also have 2 A1ups which literally haven’t been played since I got the atgames cab.

Don’t care if you like the machine or not. Lots of things to bash it about. Lots of quality control issues recently although mine has been problem free. Just don’t make up crap about the price and the options to expand the games library.

I wouldn't even think of putting an arcade cabinet in my office, and yet you did.
I know right? What an absolute barbarian. The purpose of an office is to conduct business and business alone. To even think this heathen would consider infringing upon proper workplace etiquette with childish video game antics is appalling. Queen Elizabeth must be alerted at once.

To anyone interested, looks like Best Buy has most/all of the A1Up stools instock at MSRP (79.99). Hadn't seen the Marvel ones instock at any point so I grabbed two.

Can't we all just love video games and allow one another to blow wads of cash on shit that makes us happy?

I love all the game room pics, keep them coming. 

I would love that too....but it has turned into "let me show you how big my cabinet is and how much you suck" thread, lol.

My oldest nephew came last weekend and grabbed my tekken 2 and pigskin footbrawl for his garage to give me some more room. My great nephew is the one that mainly comes over to play games.

[attachment=34019:jordan1.jpg]

[attachment=34020:jordan2.jpg]

[attachment=34021:jordan3.jpg]

That is a lot of arcades!!! Awesome and probably incredibly expensive setup!

I am actually one of the weirdos with one of these in his “office” although I’m a tradesman, so there’s not any actually office work taking place in here.

I also finally got my spinner working properly with my Pi image and after doing some troubleshooting with the person who built my CP it sounds like my trackball is just defective. Replacement should be here to test today. My daughter is thrilled to be playing Tempest again

If I ever have a second CP built I will probably put the trackball and spinner in the middle and move the joysticks and buttons to the outside.
[attachment=34022:118D1B46-EFAC-4C6E-B03B-4D3B01B5F3E3.jpeg]
[attachment=34023:177A04A7-B884-48B7-9864-69EF7506B507.jpeg]

That is a lot of arcades!!! Awesome and probably incredibly expensive setup!

I am actually one of the weirdos with one of these in his “office” although I’m a tradesman, so there’s not any actually office work taking place in here.
great setup. i will say i got a lot of them through walmart clearance, i paid retail for 2 of them.

I managed to get a TMNT arcade at Walmart for $150 . I checked a few days later, and the price went back to MSRP. The store I got it from now says out of stock (it had two left). I'm going to put it together tonight, we'll see how it goes.

I managed to get a TMNT arcade at Walmart for $150 . I checked a few days later, and the price went back to MSRP. The store I got it from now says out of stock (it had two left). I'm going to put it together tonight, we'll see how it goes.
Damn I would pull the trigger for 150 . All my stores say 399

Damn I would pull the trigger for 150 . All my stores say 399
i ran into a problem though putting this together... the pre-drilled holes for placing the monitor on one of the sides, conveniently turned to dust once I started turning the screw in. At least in one hole. I gave up for now as it's past 6 am.

So if anyone has any suggestions for a noob (use wood filler or just move brackets/redo holes, if so with or without a drill), thanks.

i ran into a problem though putting this together... the pre-drilled holes for placing the monitor on one of the sides, conveniently turned to dust once I started turning the screw in. At least in one hole. I gave up for now as it's past 6 am.

So if anyone has any suggestions for a noob (use wood filler or just move brackets/redo holes, if so with or without a drill), thanks.
Wood filler will not hold a screw, it is for finishing a surface, not adding integrity. A good way to fill in a hole that can then be re-drilled is to mix a little sawdust with wood glue.

out of curiosity, how do you all feel about button placements on the control panel?

i’ve found the american style straight line of buttons a lot less comfortable than the japanese curved style.

i love seeing the pics of all these different setups.

Wood filler will not hold a screw, it is for finishing a surface, not adding integrity. A good way to fill in a hole that can then be re-drilled is to mix a little sawdust with wood glue.
I ended up using wood glue and broken up toothpicks to fill the holes, finally got around to finishing it last night.

According to the actual Office Depot website my local store has one in stock and I can buy it online with in store pick up but the store is showing $199 while BrickSeek shows its $99. It makes me wonder if the BrickSeek price is accurate. Any clue where in the store they house these?
My store showed the same thing, it was with the rest of the clearance stuff. Office Depots I've been to usually have a clearance section

My store showed the same thing, it was with the rest of the clearance stuff. Office Depots I've been to usually have a clearance section
Guess I'll have to go in and check it out in person. I might buy it at that price and just mod it. I always wanted one for the office.

https://shop.xgaming.com/products/x-arcade-tankstick-with-trackball-trimode-usb

Been thinking about building my own unit with a tankstick in it. This one is seemingly much cheaper than they usually are, even for the same unit on the website. Which is confusing, but a good deal if you're interested.
As a tankstick owner, I wouldn’t recommend doing that. I think
it’s sturdy and works ok. here are my 2 cents:

1) I do not care for its button placement (straight line instead of curved and the 3-3-2) i find uncomfortable (besides the pinball buttons).

2) i think the joysticks are not responsive enough to my liking compared to fightsticks (for example, i can perform ryu’s hadouken nonstop using sanwa, but cannot with tankstick to the point of frustration).

3) i have no complaints about the trackball with (golden tee, capcom and world class bowling) but don’t love it with marble madness.

4) its size and shape really don’t visually mesh with any cabinets even those made for it (it really is just meant to be a control panel)

These things could be resolved with mods, but that kinda defeats the point of buying a pre-made control panel.

It can withstand young child aggressiveness (think robotron played by a savage)

I built my own unit about 10 yars ago with a Tankstick. It works fine, but the ascetics bothered me so much that I ended up building my own control panel. It's intimidating at first, but not that hard to do. I used this book, and this website as guides:

https://www.amazon.com/Project-Arcade-Build-Machine-ExtremeTech/dp/0764556169/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=build+your+own+arcade&qid=1591636571&sr=8-3

http://arcadecontrols.com/arcade.htm

https://shop.xgaming.com/products/x-arcade-tankstick-with-trackball-trimode-usb

Been thinking about building my own unit with a tankstick in it. This one is seemingly much cheaper than they usually are, even for the same unit on the website. Which is confusing, but a good deal if you're interested.

Walmart has the AtGames Legends Ultimate Home Arcade in stock for pre-order at $549.99 for anyone looking to snag one:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/AtGames-Legends-Ultimate-Home-Arcade/571847540

Also, it was leaked yesterday that AtGames will be releasing a Virtual Pinball Machine in the 4th quarter of 2020 with a retail price of $599.99 with a 32 inch main LCD screen and 14 inch LCD secondary screen.

More info: https://youtu.be/wesaQxKJIUs
Is it a pinball table or PinUp cabinet? (The link doesn't work). Did they mention if it will support usb add-on games like the legends ultimate?

I'm all about space saving and would vastly prefer a vertical, slim depth profile PinUp cabinet for pinball, vertical shmups, and arcade classics.

Hey folks, just wandering if anyone has heard any news on the Legends Gamer? I did that preorder ticket thing from Atgames back in Feb but haven't heard anything since. 

Is it a pinball table or PinUp cabinet? (The link doesn't work). Did they mention if it will support usb add-on games like the legends ultimate?

I'm all about space saving and would vastly prefer a vertical, slim depth profile PinUp cabinet for pinball, vertical shmups, and arcade classics.
Fixed the link. Sorry about that. The video just has a specs sheet. Looks like it’ll be an actual pinball table but not full size. The specs list having a physical plunger. From the sounds of it, it’ll likely be very much like the Legends Ultimate - so not quite full-size, but larger than 1Up, with the ability to either do USB connection or stream to it.

AtGames “leaked” the info to some select YouTube people so it’s legit. I love my Legends Ultimate, so I’d definitely be game for something like this.

Hey folks, just wandering if anyone has heard any news on the Legends Gamer? I did that preorder ticket thing from Atgames back in Feb but haven't heard anything since.
They haven't posted anything about it on Facebook since early April, but their website still says it's a mid-June release. They're currently running a multi-week gaming contest for current Legends Ultimate with the top prizes being a Legends Ultimate Arcade and a Legends Gamer Standard - so, you'd think since they're planning to give one away as a prize that they'd have them in stock at least close to their estimated release date, right?

Walmart "AtGames Legends Ultimate Home Arcade" pre-order seems to be back on.  Releasing.  GameStop also still taking preorders.  I am guessing there will be a big batch of them to all stores mid-June-ish.

I built Arcade1ups 3, 4, and 5 last weekend. Currently I have
Modded Asteroids
Mortal Kombat
Marvel Super Heros
Space Invaders
And
Star Wars.

Assuming they don't butcher The rosters, I'm planning on getting NBA Jam. Would love to see a driving cab shown tomorrow.

What's the screen size on the legends ultimate?  Looks small in the pics...especially for vertical screen games like galaga.

Their ears must have been burning because I just got an email stating the following:

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your reservation towards a Legends Gamer. We have great news! The Legends Gamer will be shipping out to everyone on our reservation list by the first week in August. We will send out an email towards the end of July for all reservation holders to complete payment. Even better news, for everyone who placed a reservation for the Gamer, you'll automatically be upgraded to the Gamer Pro at no extra cost!

The Gamer Pro has the same great features as the Gamer, but adds a built-in arcade-quality trackball! That's an additional $50 value. It's our way of saying thank you for your patience and continued support. And, as an even bigger way of saying thanks for your early support of the Gamer, we'll be providing 10 free hours of BYOG time, as well as a coupon code for 70% off Pinball Arcade by FarSight Studios on Steam via Direct2Drive (D2D).

Happy gaming!

More AtGames "leaks" today (if you can call it a leak since AtGames gave the info out on purpose)...

• Light gun kit ($100)
  • Racing wheel kit ($100)
  • Cabinet Skins ($100)
  • LCD Marquee ($200)
  • Pinball kit ($100)
  • Trackball kit ($100) - for use on the standard AtGames Legends Gamer
Pre-orders open on August 1. No specific details on exactly what each of these items include.

Video from PDubs Arcade Loft announcing the details that came directly from AtGames:

https://youtu.be/IIUeP4eXhQA

I will be curious to see what they do with the light gun since these don't use CRTs.

If it's like the Aimtrak then it will be garbage just like the Aimtrak.  Those are laggy and you literally can't move once you calibrate it or your aim will be off, so they are not very accurate either.  

But I'm wondering if it will be something like those Sinden Guns where I believe there is a camera that tracks where you are aiming and it's much more accurate basically like a normal light gun on CRT.  I've never used one but that was the idea behind them and I'm not sure if they are even shipping yet.

Here are the announcement trailers for the new cabinets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qdaqd1EA1uQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrI93IzAets

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCziRtubIdo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uE9JAOO7udE

That Ms. PacMan is gorgeous.

That LCD Marquee for $200 is a big deal.  When I was pricing out Marquee LCDs a few years ago, they would need to be custom ordered for ~$600-$800.  

The light gun kit will probably be like the light gun mods that are already out there and use IR.  People already have had light guns working with the ALU.  The bonus here is the guns are wireless and rechargeable.  Hopefully they give some kind of bracket holster to have it on the side of the cabinet.   The light up marque sounds awesome.  Hopefully it's an edge to edge display or the bezel is super thin so the whole thing can have the marque for whatever game is playing.

I'd be curious what the racing wheel and pinball kits actually comprise of... and how they mount to the system.

Ms. Pac Man is BEAUTIFUL! My grandmother is a huge fan, may have to buy it as a Mother's Day gift for 2021 (still a CAGer LOL) 

I agree with what someone else said, all of these cabs look awesome but nothing has quite made me grab my wallet yet. Second they announce a Simpons arcade cab it's a full retail purchase. 

bread's done
Back