The Home Arcade Tremendous Deals and Discussion Thread

MinDRIoT

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (97%)
Having recently acquired a couple of tremendous Arcade1Up machines on sale at a local Walmart. Very tremendous. I thought we needed a dedicated Arcade1Up deals thread to keep track of deals. I know deals people, believe me.

These deals are very YMMV but it seems many, many Walmarts are clearing these out right now. Clearing them out. Brickseek links provided where available, check your local stores for price and availability. Brickseek is not 100% accurate though, as I said ... YMMV.

Search your local area, or any ZIP, for in store deals with deals.consolekits.com (Site no longer exists)

Asteroids, Major Havoc, Lunar Lander and Tempest - as low as $75 in store, very hard to find or $164.99 online

Centipede, Millipede, Missile Command, Crystal Castles - as low as $75 in store, very hard to find or $174.99 online

Final Fight, 1944, Ghosts'N Goblins, Strider - as low as $125 in store $150 at Walmart online

Galaga, Galaxian - as low as $75 in store $150 at Walmart online

Mortal Kombat I,II & III - as low as $150 in store $199 at Walmart online

Pacman, Pacman PLUS - as low as $150 in store

Rampage, Gauntlet, Joust, Defender - as low as $75 in store $199 at Walmart online

Space Invaders - as low as $75 in store $150 at Walmart online

Street Fighter ll - as low as $75 in store $199 at Walmart online

Golden Tee - $299 at Walmart

Marvel Superheroes - $299 at Walmart

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Arcade Machine w/ Riser - $349 at Walmart

Star Wars w/riser - $399 at Walmart

Pac-Man Head to Head Arcade Table with Two Pac-Man Gaming Stools (No Galaga or DigDug)- $450 at Sam's

Street Fighter Head to Head Arcade Table - $430 at Walmart

Legends Ultimate Home Arcade Special Edition - $500 at Sam's

Arcade1up Riser - $44.88 online or order for instore pickup

I myself picked up the Final Fight and Rampage machines for $125 each for the Oval Office in the White CatCondo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for the different suggestions, for $50 I can't complain with the choices.
I bought a pacman on sale when they first came out. Love it. Had no intention of modding it.

Bought a Walmart clearance Galaga a few months later to mod. Complete overhaul. After I finished that I figured why not, might as well mod pacman too. Swapped out the control panel with a new one, kept the artwork, threw in a Pi, and put about 70 or so vertical only games on there. Kept the pacman design as I love how that cabinet looks. Compliments my “main” modded cabinet very well.

Watched the Cooltoy youtube review of the NBA Jam cab and I have to say as much as those pictures of the deck light looked dumb... when he showed standing at the cab at a normal height, you couldn't see the LED strip and the control panel protector lit up pretty decently.  Not saying it's perfect but it's not in any way bad looking.

Watched the Cooltoy youtube review of the NBA Jam cab and I have to say as much as those pictures of the deck light looked dumb... when he showed standing at the cab at a normal height, you couldn't see the LED strip and the control panel protector lit up pretty decently. Not saying it's perfect but it's not in any way bad looking.
Got mine assembled and I agree with this. The pictures don’t do it justice and the ones showing the LEDs were shot at just the right angle So you see them. When you’re using the machine, you don’t even notice them and the light up deck is pretty nice. Is it a flawless solution? As you mention, it’s not, but I like it. Game is just as I remember and the online component is really a nice touch. The only semi bummer is the duplicated players for the guys they couldn’t get rights to. Wish they had found a more elegant solution, but not the end of the world for me.

Got mine assembled and I agree with this. The pictures don’t do it justice and the ones showing the LEDs were shot at just the right angle So you see them. When you’re using the machine, you don’t even notice them and the light up deck is pretty nice. Is it a flawless solution? As you mention, it’s not, but I like it. Game is just as I remember and the online component is really a nice touch. The only semi bummer is the duplicated players for the guys they couldn’t get rights to. Wish they had found a more elegant solution, but not the end of the world for me.
Yeah it just makes sense that was how they did it. It was unrealistic to think that they would have embedded LED light strips in the actual control panel. With a good angle and reflective paint you can make that look pretty nice. I made my own cabinet with my son, and in addition to the light up marquee, I put blue LED strips on the back of the cabinet that gives it a really cool blue 80s style arcade neon backglow on the wall behind it when playing at night.

if anyone is wondering why walmart always shows inventory where there is none it is because employees are lazy. 

i was lucky enough to find a store clearancing out last year and got a SF, MK, Galaga, Centipede all for $75. i could have taken more of each but why be greedy, let someone else have a find that too. When she went to ring it up she scanned the Galaga and put in a quantity of 4. i told her dont do that her inventory will show that she still has these other ones and she will get calls like crazy. it was like pulling teeth to get her to ring it up right, she really didnt want to. 

but that is why inventory is always wrong. 

if anyone is wondering why walmart always shows inventory where there is none it is because employees are lazy.

i was lucky enough to find a store clearancing out last year and got a SF, MK, Galaga, Centipede all for $75. i could have taken more of each but why be greedy, let someone else have a find that too. When she went to ring it up she scanned the Galaga and put in a quantity of 4. i told her dont do that her inventory will show that she still has these other ones and she will get calls like crazy. it was like pulling teeth to get her to ring it up right, she really didnt want to.

but that is why inventory is always wrong.
It was good of you to not take advantage and pick up one of the full price cabs and pay for the cheaper discount price in bulk.

If all it does is cycles through random marque's then it's kind of pointless.
It can be set for whatever maquee(s)/graphic(s) you wish and/or display various animations. You can either connect it to a PC or via bluetooth with an app. (Android only at the moment)

The cycling of various marquees was how it was loaded out of the box; I hadn't customized at the time of recording.

Have you figured out who all that is?

The iiRcade launched its Kickstarter earlier today. Anyone at all interested in it?

I was pretty excited about it a month ago or so and was seriously thinking about getting it, but managed to talk myself out of it.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/iircade/iircade-immersive-arcade-gaming-at-home

Having Dragon’s Lair on there is a pretty big deal, but not knowing the complete list of available (sold separately) games made me balk at it - especially since I already have a Legends Ultimate at home.

The iiRcade launched its Kickstarter earlier today. Anyone at all interested in it?
I was pretty excited about it a month ago or so and was seriously thinking about getting it, but managed to talk myself out of it.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/iircade/iircade-immersive-arcade-gaming-at-home
Having Dragon’s Lair on there is a pretty big deal, but not knowing the complete list of available (sold separately) games made me balk at it - especially since I already have a Legends Ultimate at home.
It’s a pass for me as it won’t allow BYOG, so you’re stuck in their ecosystem. Legends Ultimate seems like a better option.

Rampage,gauntlet, joust and defender is 50 bucks at a Walmart near me, the only ones I’m super interested in are tmnt and maybe the sf2 table. Otherwise these just take up too much space.

Reggie Miller. That hurts. At least that's the only massive missing name. Now A1U better not patch out names as they slowly lose name licenses like EA does on iOS NBA Jam.
When I watched the cooltoy review he mentioned at some point one of the players disappearing after an update. So... maybe don't update it. If someone hacks it though, there is a chance they could unlock all the rosters back to what they should be.

When I watched the cooltoy review he mentioned at some point one of the players disappearing after an update. So... maybe don't update it. If someone hacks it though, there is a chance they could unlock all the rosters back to what they should be.
Not updating - then you'll surely lose the ability to play online.

Now that the A1up risers seem to have completely drained from stores, what are others using instead?

I remember someone posting pictures of some small endtables that fit... is that the cheap/easy solution?

I have the Rampage cab. Joust and Gauntlet are family favorites here. Don Jr and Eric love them. Rampage is pretty boring though and the only one to utilize all 3 controls. Defender is really hard to play the way the controls are set up. Really can't go wrong at $50 though.

I have the Rampage cab. Joust and Gauntlet are family favorites here. Don Jr and Eric love them. Rampage is pretty boring though and the only one to utilize all 3 controls. Defender is really hard to play the way the controls are set up. Really can't go wrong at $50 though.
What does Tiffany think about it?

DL is on the list, but that doesn't mean it is one of the included games. 10 games included in any Kickstarter option I see and it doesn't say if they choose or you choose, but I'm betting they choose. Hard pass without more details and it is only a bartop.

I found a Rampage cab in a store the other week. I got really excited, and scanned it. $299. Guess that's why it was still there.

Tiffany who?

;)
anigif_sub-buzz-2040-1550614613-1.gif

DL is on the list, but that doesn't mean it is one of the included games. 10 games included in any Kickstarter option I see and it doesn't say if they choose or you choose, but I'm betting they choose. Hard pass without more details and it is only a bartop.
DL is on the list for the 10 preloaded games, it’s noted on the campaign page. You also have the option to include a stand which turns it into a full size machine. It has potential and is priced decently, not being able to bring your own games and having no idea what games they have licensed is the biggest drawback as I see it.

Quick question from a 1up arcade beginner: how do y'all find deals (like the $50 dollars one)?  Does it require just being super diligent and physically checking Walmart?

Quick question from a 1up arcade beginner: how do y'all find deals (like the $50 dollars one)? Does it require just being super diligent and physically checking Walmart?
Super dilligent ... I had to go to really out of the way Walmart locations

Sent from my SM-P580 using Tapatalk

Also know that brickseek isn’t always right :(
I feel like it's never right. I went way the hell out of my way more than once on a hunt that brickseek seemed to indicate was a solid lead. Not so much. Brickseek plants false hope and shatters my cheapass dreams.

I feel like it's never right. I went way the hell out of my way more than once on a hunt that brickseek seemed to indicate was a solid lead. Not so much. Brickseek plants false hope and shatters my cheapass dreams.
FOUR times brickseek pointed me to a Walmart with a $75 cab and was correct. A few times it was wrong and they didn’t have any. One time I found a $75 street fighter that wasn’t on brickseek. I’ve had employees tell me there were cabinets in the back and got me one and then I’ve had employees tell me there weren’t any (when there probably was). Brickseek isn’t the end all be all, but it’s a great help and a great start.

And sure the wealth. I’ve bought ONE $75 cab for myself. I passed on a $75 asteroids that I kind of regret but really didn’t need. Scored a $75 street fighter and asteroids for a friend and 2 $75 final fights for a family member to give grandkids for Christmas. All of that without really trying.

All I want is a cheap golden tee for myself 😂

Routine plug for AtGames Arcade Legends Ultimate. At $550, it's obviously a lot more expensive than a discounted Arcade1Up cab. But I figured the functionality is superior, plus I wouldn't have to buy multiple cabinets to play the games I want. What you get is:

• A full-sized cab with a 24" screen
  • Controls sufficient enough to play most games (2 joysticks, 6 buttons per joystick, 2 spin wheels, and one track ball)
  • Comes with 300 games AtGames licensed, and you can subscribe for access to more ("ArcadeNet")
  • "BYOG" - rights allowing (i.e. up to you to get the legal rights), you can play almost any 2D arcade game or console/handheld up to 16-bit from a ROM on a USB stick. They just added support for CoinOps to have a cool browse UI for arcade games
  • Easy extensibility to use the controls and screen to play games that run on another device (I plug in a Raspberry Pi 4 running Retropie to play Dreamcast arcade ports; you can also stream from a Windows computer)

If the $550 is just too much, they're about to release a $200 Legends Gamer Standard Edition that doesn't come with a cabinet or display, but I figure anyone in this thread wants a cabinet.

I'm down to get one, but I want to see it in store if I'm going to buy it. I've seen a lot of reviews talk about getting it shipped and finding damaged or broken pieces after opening it.

I'm down to get one, but I want to see it in store if I'm going to buy it. I've seen a lot of reviews talk about getting it shipped and finding damaged or broken pieces after opening it.
The only place I’ve ever seen it in-store was Sam’s Club for a few short weeks around Black Friday of last year.

I ended up landing one from Walmart recently and getting it shipped to a local store for pickup to avoid any shipping damage. So far so good.

Side note: the one I got from Walmart was my second unit. The first (purchased from Sam’s a few months ago) had some defects with the screen and HDMI switcher. AtGames offered to send replacement parts for my defective unit in August when their warehouses open again, but I ended up just returning it and re-buying.

$50 for the Street Fighter II cabinet is right up my alley - I've been meaning to create a custom unit and the six button layout of that one pretty much gives me all the parts I need.

I know Brickseek is YMMV, but it tends to be pretty accurate in my neck of the woods. My local store says that they have 4 in stock, but I'll be damned if I saw any out front today... maybe they are in the back? Things were absolutely nuts there due to the pre-4th shoppers, but I might have to try again. How do you folks try to convince an employee to check the back without name-checking Brickseek?

bread's done
Back