The Home Arcade Tremendous Deals and Discussion Thread

MinDRIoT

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (97%)
Having recently acquired a couple of tremendous Arcade1Up machines on sale at a local Walmart. Very tremendous. I thought we needed a dedicated Arcade1Up deals thread to keep track of deals. I know deals people, believe me.

These deals are very YMMV but it seems many, many Walmarts are clearing these out right now. Clearing them out. Brickseek links provided where available, check your local stores for price and availability. Brickseek is not 100% accurate though, as I said ... YMMV.

Search your local area, or any ZIP, for in store deals with deals.consolekits.com (Site no longer exists)

Asteroids, Major Havoc, Lunar Lander and Tempest - as low as $75 in store, very hard to find or $164.99 online

Centipede, Millipede, Missile Command, Crystal Castles - as low as $75 in store, very hard to find or $174.99 online

Final Fight, 1944, Ghosts'N Goblins, Strider - as low as $125 in store $150 at Walmart online

Galaga, Galaxian - as low as $75 in store $150 at Walmart online

Mortal Kombat I,II & III - as low as $150 in store $199 at Walmart online

Pacman, Pacman PLUS - as low as $150 in store

Rampage, Gauntlet, Joust, Defender - as low as $75 in store $199 at Walmart online

Space Invaders - as low as $75 in store $150 at Walmart online

Street Fighter ll - as low as $75 in store $199 at Walmart online

Golden Tee - $299 at Walmart

Marvel Superheroes - $299 at Walmart

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Arcade Machine w/ Riser - $349 at Walmart

Star Wars w/riser - $399 at Walmart

Pac-Man Head to Head Arcade Table with Two Pac-Man Gaming Stools (No Galaga or DigDug)- $450 at Sam's

Street Fighter Head to Head Arcade Table - $430 at Walmart

Legends Ultimate Home Arcade Special Edition - $500 at Sam's

Arcade1up Riser - $44.88 online or order for instore pickup

I myself picked up the Final Fight and Rampage machines for $125 each for the Oval Office in the White CatCondo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not how I was wanting to see Paperboy, but it's not like the other games from the original cab aren't compromised. Rampage is now a 2 player game instead of 3, Gauntlet maxes out at 2 players now.... maybe Defender will be more playable with more buttons closer to the joystick, though.

Paperboy without the handlebars, though.... too bad. Something tells me we will see a retailer exclusive Paperboy cab, though.

A1UP has put me a position of wanting to replace the first gen units and having to figure out what to do with the old ones. Should I carry one into a Gamestop and see what happens? :)

I have a feeling they'll end up out on the curb for bulk item pickup day.
Mod it to a 60-1 if it is vertical or Pi or a Pandora's Box if it is horizontal. Win!

Sent from my SM-P580 using Tapatalk

Rampage will suck with just two players, but Gauntlet was already two players on the Rampage cab. I felt they should have done a Gauntlet cab - especially since their first-round cabs were closer to the original machine's shape. They could have included all 4 Gauntlet releases - Gauntlet, 2, Legends, and Dark Legacy - and it would have been awesome. While missing something without the handlebars, Paperboy is playable with analog controls and throttle (like Playstation's dual shock controller). An all digital version would be a disaster. As mentioned before, Atari released enough games (Star Wars trilogy, Roadblasters, STUN Runner, Hydra, etc.) to make a dedicated flight yoke cabinet, which would be a good substitute for Paperboy, as the yoke works very similarly to Paperboy's original controls. Toobin' will work well with MK layout, but will suck without a vertical monitor. Also, even though it would share Toobin's vertical problem, not including Sinistar is a . . . sin!
That's right - I forgot Gauntlet was 2 players on the Rampage cab.

I may see about ditching my MK/Rampage/Final Fights cabs and "upgrading". I'm not nostalgic enough for the Rampage cab to need it for aesthetic purposes (like some of the others that I only own out of nostalgia). I'm definitely getting the new Namco cab. Wouldn't have minded Rally-X on there, but ok. They could have got me on the Atari one had they used something other than Tempest for the cab. Crystal Castles would have been an instant buy.

It is weird how A1UP announces SOME of their stuff, but then says nothing about the rest. Why not mention the Midway Legacy cab with the rest of their announcements? I don't think they have still announced that they have a Super Pac-Man/Pac-Man Plus cab. Why not list them on their site and link to the retailer sites? It's weird. Is part of their deal with these retailers to never mention their name?

By the way, I did just run into an issue where my Burger Time PCB stopped working (stuck on a "Loading" screen). Even though it's well outside of their warranty period, they are sending me a new PCB. I've always had a good experience with their customer service.

Asteroids Replicade is now Sold Out forever. New Wave Toys website is looking really sad - they've practically nothing to sell now. A game reproduction company that doesn't sell game reproductions - doesn't seem like a great business strategy.

Here's the older version of the Street Fighter cab, but now with a riser included for $380... when did these sneak out?

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Arcade1Up-Street-Fighter-Classic-3-in-1-Home-Arcade-with-Licensed-Riser/873770510
Walmart has been selling them for the later half of 2020. I saw a video review of the cabinet early last year before it started being sold in the US. IIRC, the only difference the reviewer noted was the terrible Gen 1 stick and buttons were replaced with the mediocre "real-feel" Sanwa clones A1U is using now.

Asteroids Replicade is now Sold Out forever. New Wave Toys website is looking really sad - they've practically nothing to sell now. A game reproduction company that doesn't sell game reproductions - doesn't seem like a great business strategy.
I would go the opposite direction on that. I think any business that sold out its inventory is doing really good.

Thanks for this post, didn't know the SF cab is available at Walmart online for that price. I haven't been keeping tabs on all the recent happenings. Can someone comment, is there a reason not to get this? I've always wanted to pick up a 2-player, 6 button cab in hopes of adding mods to it later. Is there an online SF cab coming in the near future?

Here's the older version of the Street Fighter cab, but now with a riser included for $380... when did these sneak out?

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Arcade1Up-Street-Fighter-Classic-3-in-1-Home-Arcade-with-Licensed-Riser/873770510

Also, that new $99 Galaga countercade has Galaga '88 in it. Wish the old full size would have had that instead of Galaxian.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Galaga-Countercade-Arcade1Up/311492502

I would go the opposite direction on that. I think any business that sold out its inventory is doing really good.
I would also point out how they had several games in stock for what seemed like years, and on multiple sites. As I've explained before, they had one game blow up big, and it brought attention to their back catalog of games, hence NO INVENTORY!

Dragons Lair was also originally due out in March of 2020 and didn't arrive until November, so a rather big delay from what was planned. I would assume Asteroids had a lower set number produced, as previous units sat for ages, and often had decent discounts because of that. Your brand may not look good when you have no inventory, but it also doesn't look that good when every few months your having sales because inventory is sitting for long periods.

They have already stated that going forward they will adjust production qty's to meet new demand, but unless they had a crystal ball to see the year that was 2020, SHIT HAPPENS!!! Numskull who is the other competitor in this market only released one new game(Dig Dug), over the same period of time as NWT. Producing this stuff overseas during a worldwide pandemic is not as simple as flipping a switch and producing new products or inventory. NWT has also mentioned they are open to reproducing past "sold out" titles, so I'm still not seeing the issues some keep making, but whatever.

I also would like to add the following successful business advice that I learned attending a Prestige Worldwide seminar:
1. Make and sell products above cost
2. Profit
3. Do Karate in the garage

Thanks for this post, didn't know the SF cab is available at Walmart online for that price. I haven't been keeping tabs on all the recent happenings. Can someone comment, is there a reason not to get this? I've always wanted to pick up a 2-player, 6 button cab in hopes of adding mods to it later. Is there an online SF cab coming in the near future?
You're welcome!
The X-Men vs Street Fighter cab has online play, but no regular Street Fighter.
https://arcade1up.com/products/xmen_vs_streetfighter
I think the only new cab they've announced with online is the 4 player X-Men.

I've modded a couple of the original SF and MK cabs and I think they're great for mods. I went the cheap route and just used the existing sticks & buttons. All I bought was a Pi3B, a couple zero-delay usb encoders, the HDMI driver board, and a set of cheap laptop speakers that wired directly to the HDMI board without needing an amp.

I would also point out how they had several games in stock for what seemed like years, and on multiple sites. As I've explained before, they had one game blow up big, and it brought attention to their back catalog of games, hence NO INVENTORY!

Dragons Lair was also originally due out in March of 2020 and didn't arrive until November, so a rather big delay from what was planned. I would assume Asteroids had a lower set number produced, as previous units sat for ages, and often had decent discounts because of that. Your brand may not look good when you have no inventory, but it also doesn't look that good when every few months your having sales because inventory is sitting for long periods.

They have already stated that going forward they will adjust production qty's to meet new demand, but unless they had a crystal ball to see the year that was 2020, SHIT HAPPENS!!! Numskull who is the other competitor in this market only released one new game(Dig Dug), over the same period of time as NWT. Producing this stuff overseas during a worldwide pandemic is not as simple as flipping a switch and producing new products or inventory. NWT has also mentioned they are open to reproducing past "sold out" titles, so I'm still not seeing the issues some keep making, but whatever.
It changed from temporarily sold out - more on the way to limited edition - all sold out. Limited edition means the units they made are the only ones they will ever make. Essentially, their site is saying "we used to sell all these things, but no longer do. Now we sell nothing."

I also would like to add the following successful business advice that I learned attending a Prestige Worldwide seminar:
1. Make and sell products above cost
2. Profit
3. Do Karate in the garage
Where does this business venture stand regarding bunk beds and John Stamos? The smaller footprint of these units allows for more room for activities

For anyone who missed out on the New Wave Toys Replicade "Asteroids" cab, Sideshow has some left in stock. From what I can tell, they had some Dragons Lair as well, as the Video I got this info from had ordered his from here, but they are sold out now. The DL does have a "wait-list" option, but that's only if anyone cancels, and I don't expect many of those. LOL

So grab the Asteroids if your interested, and I just opened mine a few days ago, and while I was never a huge fan of the game, the machine displays very well, as it as iconic side art to say the least. I'm glad I grabbed it for my collection, as it looks amazing, but I suck as bad as I ever did, and the 1/6 scale buttons are doing nothing to help that situation. LOL

https://www.sideshow.com/collectibles/asteroids-asteroids-replicade-new-wave-toys-907362

You mean who runs it from the thread title?

Or who really runs it from the 'Satanist owned pizza joint that uses children's blood for their tomato sauce' kinda angle?
Pardon me?

Oh wait, TrumpCat already did that. (would've rather had a bigger stimulus check so I could upgrade my cabinet)

Pardon me?

Oh wait, TrumpCat already did that. (would've rather had a bigger stimulus check so I could upgrade my cabinet)
Triggered into entering a thread you've never once participated in due to the word "Trump" being in the title. TDS is clearly real.

Triggered into entering a thread you've never once participated in due to the word "Trump" being in the title. TDS is clearly real.
I don't know what TDS is, but my first post in this thread is right on page 1.

TrumpCat and I go way back to the days when he let EpsteinCat and I go to Meow-A-Lago to spend quality time with IvankaKitten.

They were just jokes about how TrumpCat changed his name now that he's no longer the president. Suck it up, champ. No need to take it personally and spread #fakenews, snowflake.

EDIT: I looked it up on Google, something Trump supporters don't know how to do. Found out that "TDS" is a term idiots use to dismiss any criticisms against Trump's policies or politics. Funny that you'd use that when I didn't criticize his politics whatsoever.

Jesus fucking christ, this place is almost as bad as reddit with it's horrible leftist bias. But I guess that makes sense when there are so many people here that probably still live in their parent's basement and have 'Feel the Bern' bumper stickers on the uninsured Toyota Camry their mommy handed down to them. Can we stick to fucking game deals?

Jesus fucking christ, this place is almost as bad as reddit with it's horrible leftist bias. But I guess that makes sense when there are so many people here that probably still live in their parent's basement and have 'Feel the Bern' bumper stickers on the uninsured Toyota Camry their mommy handed down to them. Can we stick to fucking game deals?
Shouldn't you be on Parler's game deals page?

I’m sure there’s a rock you other like minded people can crawl back under to discuss anything but science and facts

bernie-meme-photog.jpg

NQdzush.jpg

We could start complaining about a certain plot point in The Last of Us Part II or how Battlefield V has female characters if that would make you feel better.

I'm just surprised the guy has an avatar of a cop, rather than a hillbilly in a red hat beating a cop to death with a fire extinguisher.

We could start complaining about a certain plot point in The Last of Us Part II or how Battlefield V has female characters if that would make you feel better.
I actually loved everything about TLOU2. Got the platinum. Even though female soldiers in Battlefield V wasn't historically accurate, I couldn't care less because it's a fucking video game.
Anything else?

Of course the thread dedicated to 400 dollar life sized TOY ARCADE machines would have politics involved.

Any leaks/info on their summer machines? I am DYING for a Simpsons arcade.

Of course the thread dedicated to 400 dollar life sized TOY ARCADE machines would have politics involved.

Any leaks/info on their summer machines? I am DYING for a Simpsons arcade.
I don't know how or why this thread went off the rails, but I've been here long enough to know it happens eventually if we want it to or not. And depending on the derailment, it can sometimes be worth the "watch" for nothing more than entertainment values. LOL

Yeah, the Simpsons would probably be one of the biggest scores if they can make it happen, but licensing I'm sure is the biggest hurdle for it. I don't believe it ever got any home releases either due to the licensing issues, but it would probably be their biggest seller if they could ever make it happen.

Agreed, Simpsons would be day one for me--if only because it is completely unavailable in any (legal) capacity since it was delisted from PSN/XBLA in 2013. And Chris you're correct, it's up to Konami to work that out with the rights holders which I assume to be Disney so chances are pretty slim unfortunately.

I actually think we’re running out of “dream cabinets”. I’m no expert so please correct/inform me! I think Outrun was a big one for a lot of people. That and Buck Hunter. (We know a Scope game is coming)

I actually think we’re running out of “dream cabinets”. I’m no expert so please correct/inform me! I think Outrun was a big one for a lot of people. That and Buck Hunter. (We know a Scope game is coming)
Off the top of my head, I can think of a few cabinets left that would drum up a lot of excitement:

• Marvel vs Capcom 2
  • Street Fighter Alpha series
  • House of the Dead series
  • Time Crisis series
There are plenty of other cabinets I'd love to see (Double Dragon, Virtua Cop, Virtua Racing), but I agree that A1U has already tapped the majority of beloved arcade cabinets.

Did anyone order the Capcom Legacy cab from Gamestop?  I have been trying for about a week and it always errors out with the " "oops! We can’t process your payment. Please select a different payment method or check your payment details including your billing address." message.  My payment method/billing address is correct.  I've tried three different credit cards, two different accounts, three different browsers.... the same payment info works fine on other sites and I have the two A1UP pinball machines on order using the same card.  I'm starting to guess that it's just out of stock since this is reminding me of the goofy error messages when trying to get the PS5/XBOX Series X on some sites.  

Did anyone order the Capcom Legacy cab from Gamestop? I have been trying for about a week and it always errors out with the " "oops! We can’t process your payment. Please select a different payment method or check your payment details including your billing address." message. My payment method/billing address is correct. I've tried three different credit cards, two different accounts, three different browsers.... the same payment info works fine on other sites and I have the two A1UP pinball machines on order using the same card. I'm starting to guess that it's just out of stock since this is reminding me of the goofy error messages when trying to get the PS5/XBOX Series X on some sites.
I was banned from gamestop when I had that issue before

bread's done
Back