The Home Arcade Tremendous Deals and Discussion Thread

MinDRIoT

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (97%)
Having recently acquired a couple of tremendous Arcade1Up machines on sale at a local Walmart. Very tremendous. I thought we needed a dedicated Arcade1Up deals thread to keep track of deals. I know deals people, believe me.

These deals are very YMMV but it seems many, many Walmarts are clearing these out right now. Clearing them out. Brickseek links provided where available, check your local stores for price and availability. Brickseek is not 100% accurate though, as I said ... YMMV.

Search your local area, or any ZIP, for in store deals with deals.consolekits.com (Site no longer exists)

Asteroids, Major Havoc, Lunar Lander and Tempest - as low as $75 in store, very hard to find or $164.99 online

Centipede, Millipede, Missile Command, Crystal Castles - as low as $75 in store, very hard to find or $174.99 online

Final Fight, 1944, Ghosts'N Goblins, Strider - as low as $125 in store $150 at Walmart online

Galaga, Galaxian - as low as $75 in store $150 at Walmart online

Mortal Kombat I,II & III - as low as $150 in store $199 at Walmart online

Pacman, Pacman PLUS - as low as $150 in store

Rampage, Gauntlet, Joust, Defender - as low as $75 in store $199 at Walmart online

Space Invaders - as low as $75 in store $150 at Walmart online

Street Fighter ll - as low as $75 in store $199 at Walmart online

Golden Tee - $299 at Walmart

Marvel Superheroes - $299 at Walmart

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Arcade Machine w/ Riser - $349 at Walmart

Star Wars w/riser - $399 at Walmart

Pac-Man Head to Head Arcade Table with Two Pac-Man Gaming Stools (No Galaga or DigDug)- $450 at Sam's

Street Fighter Head to Head Arcade Table - $430 at Walmart

Legends Ultimate Home Arcade Special Edition - $500 at Sam's

Arcade1up Riser - $44.88 online or order for instore pickup

I myself picked up the Final Fight and Rampage machines for $125 each for the Oval Office in the White CatCondo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did anyone order the Capcom Legacy cab from Gamestop? I have been trying for about a week and it always errors out with the " "oops! We can’t process your payment. Please select a different payment method or check your payment details including your billing address." message. My payment method/billing address is correct. I've tried three different credit cards, two different accounts, three different browsers.... the same payment info works fine on other sites and I have the two A1UP pinball machines on order using the same card. I'm starting to guess that it's just out of stock since this is reminding me of the goofy error messages when trying to get the PS5/XBOX Series X on some sites.
I had the same problem after my GameStop account was compromised. I had to switch to my wife's email and her phone number. I tried another email I used and some other options but that was the only solution that worked.

I had the same problem after my GameStop account was compromised. I had to switch to my wife's email and her phone number. I tried another email I used and some other options but that was the only solution that worked.
Thanks - I have also tried my wife's account and got the same thing. Maybe I'll try another one using one of my kids' names. I would've tried to contact Gamestop, but that doesn't work, either. Well, i haven't tried calling, but I just can't even imagine getting through that call.

Geeze.... should have tried that before. I did try ONE other account, but not two. It worked when I created a new account.

I did have a problem a LONG time ago when I couldn't even log into my account. That was how I ended up with a second account using my wife's e-mail address. Now, I guess I'm on #3. Hope the two pinball machines ship. Best Buy has them listed, but not orderable... and they are $50 higher than Gamestop for some reason.

I actually think we’re running out of “dream cabinets”. I’m no expert so please correct/inform me! I think Outrun was a big one for a lot of people. That and Buck Hunter. (We know a Scope game is coming)
Plenty of racing games to tap into - Super Off-Road, Daytona, Cruis'n, Sega Rally, and the Mario Kart unit!

Then, of course, NFL Blitz !!

Plenty of racing games to tap into - Super Off-Road, Daytona, Cruis'n, Sega Rally, and the Mario Kart unit!

I still think the "Dream" cabinet would be if they could ever make a deal with Nintendo and make one with Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong Jr., Donkey Kong 3 and Mario Bros. Bonus points if they could find a way to include Popeye (but that would require more licensing). They could even use that cabinet form factor to make an R-Type, R-Type 2 and R-Type Leo cabinet. The original R-Type was licensed for arcade distribution by Nintendo in the US, and used a very similar cabinet.

And along that note, I'd love to see one with the double monitor setup and include Punch-Out!!!, Super Punch-Out!!! and Arm Wrestling.

Nintendo is definitely a lot more protective over their catalog than a lot of companies, but those two are ones I would definitely consider getting.

- golden tee and bowling combo cabinet
-nfl blitz with nhl hitz or nba hang time or similar
- racing, like you mentioned. Off road. Virtua Racing. Daytooooooona. Cruisin. So many options.

I’m holding out hope for a revised golden tee with bowling. I don’t think blitz ever happens. I see another racing cab happening at some point. If Daytona ever happened (I highly doubt it ever does) and it was linkable, I could absolutely see people buying 2 or more of that cabinet. I would. That’d be amazing.

I’m out of room anyway.

I still think the "Dream" cabinet would be if they could ever make a deal with Nintendo and make one with Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong Jr., Donkey Kong 3 and Mario Bros. Bonus points if they could find a way to include Popeye (but that would require more licensing). They could even use that cabinet form factor to make an R-Type, R-Type 2 and R-Type Leo cabinet. The original R-Type was licensed for arcade distribution by Nintendo in the US, and used a very similar cabinet.

And along that note, I'd love to see one with the double monitor setup and include Punch-Out!!!, Super Punch-Out!!! and Arm Wrestling.

Nintendo is definitely a lot more protective over their catalog than a lot of companies, but those two are ones I would definitely consider getting.
You bringing this up makes me wonder if Nintendo would try to make their own. Kind of like how instead of working with ATgames for mini consoles, they made their own

Tron was a cool and unique cab that I could seem myself buying.
Yeah, games like this that have really unique control schemes are the only ones I would ever even consider, as otherwise, I have much better ways to play most vintage arcade games. I was happy to see Star Wars, as that game just isn't the same without the control yolk, and they seemed to do a decent job of it in the end.

Tron is just one of many that would be a good release, as that games control scheme can double for many other games were movement and shooting need to be controlled separately(Frontline, Ikari Warriors, Heavy Barrel, etc). Sadly a game like Tron would fall in the "Simpsons" licensing hell situation, but I think it would be a cool offering if they could make it happen.

For me, the real appeal of pre-designed cabinets is just the side art and graphics. I have a history of designing and wiring my own cabinet. Building another is just a matter of cleaning up the garage and busting out my Dremel. I've got some plans already for a wall-mounted version that I'll be constructing some time in the next couple years, I just need to sort out some of the other hobby projects I'm working on first.

But the original artwork is harder to implement, and having construction kits with that art already applied lends some level of value to these tiny hobby arcade machines. For some of the more esoteric designs, custom cabinets are actually a better approach, as many arcade machines have extremely specific control interfaces.

NFL Blitz would be so good. I'd really like to have one of those in my house for Christmases and stuff; everyone in my fam has a lot of nostalgia for that game.

It's probably only a matter of time before we get a light gun and sit-down racing adaptation. A Blitz cabinet would be right up my alley (I don't think the other series entries like Hitz etc. ever had an arcade version though, right?)... the big road block is the NFL license. They got rid of the whole 'elbow-drop a player while they're down' thing in that reboot from about 10 years ago, and I imagine that they are even more pearl-clutching than ever these days.

I feel like it would be pure chaos given the smaller cabinet designs, but I would like to see them try to adapt Off Road with the three steering wheels.

Hitz didn't get an arcade version, Midway did release a NBA Jam style arcade hockey game 2 on 2 Open Ice Challenge.
2 on 2 open ice- that’s what I was thinking of before. Not hitz. Thanks.

There are other amazing games out there that most people probably do t know of. Run and Gun basketball (1 and 2) come to mind and are a fantastic basketball game. Some great baseball and soccer games out there too that don’t even have licenses.

Crazy Taxi

I would have trouble not buying Daytona, played the hell out of that thing in a pizza joint while my dad put down pitchers of beer.

Lucky & Wild would be a "shut up and take my money" cab, but that's probably going to be too niche

I was not expecting NBA Jam to happen, but it did so Blitz could happen. I fear the league would require removal of the late hits though. :(

Just looked up the series. It lines up perfectly - three arcade versions:

• NFL Blitz
  • NFL Blitz 99
  • NFL Blitz 2000 Gold Edition
Also, it needs to have the N64 memory slot reader.

Thanks for sharing! $60 for a stool is getting closer to my buy price, but I’m really hoping to get them for $40 each or less. My local Walmart has, like, four each of the TMNT and NBA Jam stools for $79 each and every time I check them it looks like they haven’t been touched since the last time I checked them, so I’m hoping they’ll get clearanced out one of these days!

I could easily see a 'San Francisco Rush' cabinet: Rush 1, Rush 2, The Rock and 2049.
Rush 2 was an N64 exclusive, and never released in arcades.

I'd like to see the Capcom Dungeons and Dragons titles. 4-players, RPG-style level ups, multiple paths, and the pinnacle of Capcom side scrolling beat em ups. Sure, it's a license, but if they could swing Star Wars, this should at least be in the realm of possibility. In addition to the 2 D& D titles, they could also include the probable precursors - King of Dragons and Knights of the Round. Captain Commando would also be good. It's not matching in theme, but is four players, a beat em up, and is awesome.

I think what y'all Rush fans mean is a cabinet with:

• San Francisco Rush: Extreme Racing
  • San Francisco Rush The Rock: Alcatraz Edition
  • San Francisco Rush 2049
  • Rush 2: Extreme Racing USA (Bonus N64 game)

I’d want a combo of Rush and Cruisin rather than standalones, but I’d honestly not buy either.

Daytona though? Maybe with Virtua Racing in it- I’d 100% find room for one of those (2 if they link up).

Right now I have a virtual pinball, a golden tee, a mame cab with 6 buttons and a trackball, and a wine barrel with an old countercade I made years ago sitting on it. The plan is to replace the whiskey barrel with a racing cab at some point. Probably build my own. That’s all the space I have.

John D. with a few “hints” last night during a retro Ralph interview. Talk of nfl blitz (I’ll believe it when I see it) and a new IT cab with golden tee and bowling (he’s been talking about it for over a year now. I want that cab BAD).

So who else is getting that Mini Legends machine? Looking to be my first cabinet from any company. 

The Tetris paint is exclusive to AtGames this Sunday. 
148677462_1303240743371239_6647602952870742079_o.jpg

So who else is getting that Mini Legends machine? Looking to be my first cabinet from any company.
It's a super slick looking cab, and the rotating screen is genius, but I gotta have a 2 player control deck... especially for Tetris! Also a trackball. But for anyone who mostly plays solo, or games with alternating player turns, this is a killer deal.

I think i might buy one. Ive been looking for something cheap to build my tankstick into but I dont think ill ever actually find a clearanced 1up. Kinda wish it was the regular alu art instead of the orange so it would go better with the rest of my furniture. But the pricing on sunday is too good to pass up.

I picked up the Outrun sit down cab and it's really cool.  I'm going to build a black stand with grip and metal corner beads to give it some heft and more 'arcadey' feel.  Really fun and my kids love it.  

BUT that fan!  It's so damn loud.  I'm looking for some mods or ways to tweak it to quiet it down.  

I think i might buy one. Ive been looking for something cheap to build my tankstick into but I dont think ill ever actually find a clearanced 1up. Kinda wish it was the regular alu art instead of the orange so it would go better with the rest of my furniture. But the pricing on sunday is too good to pass up.
What is the price exactly?

What is the price exactly?
to my knowledge on sunday they can be preordered for $300 ($20 deposit now, pay off when they are ready in May) sure it's probably like $80 shipping though.
$83 shipping to be exact. The list price on them is supposed to be $400 so it's probably the best deal you'll get until I'm guessing they eventually hit Sam's Club at the discounted price. But based on the current production rate for their other products, I can't imagine that would be until close to the holiday season.

Scored two clearance deals in this past few weeks. 

Firstly was NBA Jam w/ riser and stool bundle at Sam's Club for 200$

Second was TMNT at Walmart,  this one was really odd as travel around this state for work and always run through electronics. Happened to scan barcode and showed 200$. Everywhere else still remains 400$ so could be a store specific drop, ymmv

AtGames pre-order sale went live.

Items on sale:

jo5wcswbfyg61.png

Items (apart from the ALU/Pinball kit/Arcadenet bundle) all have a $20 non-refundable reservation deposit and ETA of May 2021.

Ordered a BitPixel LED marquee for my ALU. Seems a good deal for $120 with shipping. I want a Legends Pinball table eventually but I'm going to wait until they're in-store to save the $100 shipping.

The Legends mini seems like a good deal if you just want a single player multicade cab for $300 with an adjustable screen

to my knowledge on sunday they can be preordered for $300 ($20 deposit now, pay off when they are ready in May) sure it's probably like $80 shipping though.
Thanks. My goodness, I miss being able to find these things for less than $150.

Kind of wanted to get that A1U Mars Attacks pinball and never really even seriously considered the AT games one, but seems to be enough hype around it that maybe I should...? Hopefully it'll hit Sam's at some point where I can really see the size and build quality in person. I'm a bit urked at how quick the MA preorder sold out and the price is also pretty ridiculous. I seriously feel like all these companies are turning into Analogue.

How big is that Tetris mini?
I don't think they gave exact measurements. Supposedly it's about the same size as an Arcade1Up on a riser. Doesn't matter right now anyway because they were only on sale until 9pm PT last night. No word on when they'll be available again, but this last batch isn't even shipping until May.

1. No saves outside of games with passwords

2. No way to trim the list... 500 is a lot to scroll through and some have bad names

3. No way to add games

4. missing the select button which is required in some games for sub-menus and even actions

For an item on a coffee table for others to just pick up and play... I guess it's ok. At least it's rechargeable. But I'd go with other options to actually play these games.

Yes, that is more of an inexpensive curiosity than a full-on system. Hopefully you enjoy it. But if I was looking for a similar product for myself, I would feel fine spending a little more and getting something more robust. In this day and age, there are actually plenty of options in that space, so you do have more choices.

I don't buy anything like that because I'm a classic game collector, and currently have plenty of portable or coffee-table style options already, just from my normal collection of games. Every time that I start getting curious about these low-cost handhelds, I remember that I still own a fully modified PS Vita, and stop window shopping.

Just ordered one of these cheap handheld games with 500 built in games for $13.49 from Tanga with free shipping, looks pretty cool for the price.

YouTube review here:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNjU-cBMJew[/youtube]
Cheap, but if you want something better for emulation, go with the Retroid Pocket 2 or RG351. Even better, you can just buy a phone with similar or even much better specs and get a bluetooth telescoping controller for it and you can run a variety of emulation systems.

bread's done
Back