The Home Arcade Tremendous Deals and Discussion Thread

MinDRIoT

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (97%)
Having recently acquired a couple of tremendous Arcade1Up machines on sale at a local Walmart. Very tremendous. I thought we needed a dedicated Arcade1Up deals thread to keep track of deals. I know deals people, believe me.

These deals are very YMMV but it seems many, many Walmarts are clearing these out right now. Clearing them out. Brickseek links provided where available, check your local stores for price and availability. Brickseek is not 100% accurate though, as I said ... YMMV.

Search your local area, or any ZIP, for in store deals with deals.consolekits.com (Site no longer exists)

Asteroids, Major Havoc, Lunar Lander and Tempest - as low as $75 in store, very hard to find or $164.99 online

Centipede, Millipede, Missile Command, Crystal Castles - as low as $75 in store, very hard to find or $174.99 online

Final Fight, 1944, Ghosts'N Goblins, Strider - as low as $125 in store $150 at Walmart online

Galaga, Galaxian - as low as $75 in store $150 at Walmart online

Mortal Kombat I,II & III - as low as $150 in store $199 at Walmart online

Pacman, Pacman PLUS - as low as $150 in store

Rampage, Gauntlet, Joust, Defender - as low as $75 in store $199 at Walmart online

Space Invaders - as low as $75 in store $150 at Walmart online

Street Fighter ll - as low as $75 in store $199 at Walmart online

Golden Tee - $299 at Walmart

Marvel Superheroes - $299 at Walmart

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Arcade Machine w/ Riser - $349 at Walmart

Star Wars w/riser - $399 at Walmart

Pac-Man Head to Head Arcade Table with Two Pac-Man Gaming Stools (No Galaga or DigDug)- $450 at Sam's

Street Fighter Head to Head Arcade Table - $430 at Walmart

Legends Ultimate Home Arcade Special Edition - $500 at Sam's

Arcade1up Riser - $44.88 online or order for instore pickup

I myself picked up the Final Fight and Rampage machines for $125 each for the Oval Office in the White CatCondo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah damn that is a shame. Oh well hopefully it's still somewhat usable. Playing Golden Tee or bowling games in my MAME cabinet with a joystick just isn't the same lol.
The trackball supports are very poor quality, one of the community members developed some 3d printable shims to give the original supports greater durability. The track ball itself works fine but I stopped using it until i install the shims.

The trackball supports are very poor quality, one of the community members developed some 3d printable shims to give the original supports greater durability. The track ball itself works fine but I stopped using it until i install the shims.
Gotcha.

I came across this when searching just now.

https://www.uplayarcade.com/store/THE-OFFICIAL-AND-ORIGINAL-SHELDON-SIMS-ATGAMES-TRACKBALL-SHIM-KIT-Fix-that-ATGames-trackball-p192333425

May just grab that. Wonder how much shipping is for that thing.

TIPS FOR ALL THE NEW GAMER PRO OWNERS

- BUY the $8 shim kit from UplayArcade to make your trackball last longer

- BUY a good quality USB drive. Sandisk or Samsung work best. It's picky about the brands that it reads.
If you just want to load arcade stuff, 64GB should do. If you want to put consoles on there too, go 128GB

- DO NOT BUY a premade USB setup from etsy/ebay
Last year there was a firmware update that changed the way the unit runs games from the USB drive and it rendered all those premade drives useless. Entirely possible this will happen again so it's really best to do it yourself so you can fix it later if needed. I promise you that if you have even just a small amount of tech ability, and have a Windows PC, you can do this. The trickiest part will be formatting and partitioning the drive properly (one partition holds the CoinOpsX software to run the games, the other holds the actual game files). If that step gives you trouble, you can also use a small second USB drive (1GB is enough) and a USB hub to use two separate drives instead.

Obviously I can't tell you where to find the UCE game files that are made to work on the AtGames systems. Search for "Chefs of reddit saUCE" cuz they've done all the work for you and stored it on archive dot org (hopefully that's not saying too much here)

Look for CoinOpsX setup videos on YouTube and they'll walk you through everything. Tech Buzz and Patton Plays have great ones. You want the more recent vids (Nov 2020 or later) because the process was different on older firmwares.
For extra help, join the "Official" AtGames arcade fan page on Facebook

I got one of the “saucey” builds and built my own flash drive.
Total time was maybe 80 minutes, and the bulk of that was games compiling.

Very fun to play around with. Worst part will be storing the thing.
Took me longer to copy to usb and compile than it took me to download the arcade, daphne, snes, and nes sauces haha.

I just want to test it out. Then I’ll go back and remove a lot of them. I hate having thousands of games. I’ll wind up with a couple hundred that will actually get played.

Does anyone know if 2 of these will work on the core unit? I’m gonna use a coinopsx usb drive to have games like TMNT and would love to do 4 player but can’t tell if 4 controllers are supported. I’ve looked on their site and in the FAQ and no mention of number of controllers supported. Anyone here know?

TIPS FOR ALL THE NEW GAMER PRO OWNERS

- BUY the $8 shim kit from UplayArcade to make your trackball last longer

- BUY a good quality USB drive. Sandisk or Samsung work best. It's picky about the brands that it reads.
If you just want to load arcade stuff, 64GB should do. If you want to put consoles on there too, go 128GB

- DO NOT BUY a premade USB setup from etsy/ebay
Last year there was a firmware update that changed the way the unit runs games from the USB drive and it rendered all those premade drives useless. Entirely possible this will happen again so it's really best to do it yourself so you can fix it later if needed. I promise you that if you have even just a small amount of tech ability, and have a Windows PC, you can do this. The trickiest part will be formatting and partitioning the drive properly (one partition holds the CoinOpsX software to run the games, the other holds the actual game files). If that step gives you trouble, you can also use a small second USB drive (1GB is enough) and a USB hub to use two separate drives instead.

Obviously I can't tell you where to find the UCE game files that are made to work on the AtGames systems. Search for "Chefs of reddit saUCE" cuz they've done all the work for you and stored it on archive dot org (hopefully that's not saying too much here)

Look for CoinOpsX setup videos on YouTube and they'll walk you through everything. PDUbs and Patton Plays have great ones. You want the more recent vids (Dec 2020 or later) because the process was different on older firmwares.
For extra help, join the "Official" AtGames arcade fan page on Facebook
Thanks for the trackball supports, just picked them up. Might as well be proactive and make this cabinet last as long as possible.

Not too worried about firmware updates. The seller I purchased from on Etsy has many reviews from people who contacted him after a firmware update and had him walk them through any necessary changes. Just make sure your seller is willing to do something like that.

Thanks for the trackball supports, just picked them up. Might as well be proactive and make this cabinet last as long as possible.

Not too worried about firmware updates. The seller I purchased from on Etsy has many reviews from people who contacted him after a firmware update and had him walk them through any necessary changes. Just make sure your seller is willing to do something like that.
Which seller did you use?

My Legends Pro came earlier in the week and the bat tops arrived yesterday. Hooked it up to my wire shelf arcade and it works pretty well. It'll be nice to hot swap between the MK button layout and something for SF and KI. Not bad for $99.[attachment=35434:20210319_182311.jpg][attachment=35435:20210319_182336.jpg]
[attachment=35439:20210319_183330.jpg]

Do they have a pre-written image you can put on a flash drive, using Etcher or other flashing software? That'd make things a lot easier.

Does anyone know if 2 of these gamer pro control decks will work on the core unit? I’m gonna use a coinopsx usb drive to have games like TMNT and would love to do 4 player but can’t tell if 4 controllers are supported. I’ve looked on their site and in the FAQ and no mention of number of controllers supported. Anyone here know?

Surprised at how easy it was to set up Coinops 4.5 on a Samsung 128gb usb drive. I used the video suggested in this thread. The only thing I had to do after following the instructions was to unplug the Gamer Pro and restart it. Everything worked great after that. The included games with the Gamer Pro are largely not up my alley, so the addition of Coinops 4.5 is a game changer. I'll tinker with adding more stuff later. Just need to unbox my second Gamer Pro and make sure it works, and I should be good to go. Very solid deal for $99.

Surprised at how easy it was to set up Coinops 4.5 on a Samsung 128gb usb drive. I used the video suggested in this thread. The only thing I had to do after following the instructions was to unplug the Gamer Pro and restart it. Everything worked great after that. The included games with the Gamer Pro are largely not up my alley, so the addition of Coinops 4.5 is a game changer. I'll tinker with adding more stuff later. Just need to unbox my second Gamer Pro and make sure it works, and I should be good to go. Very solid deal for $99.
Can you check and see if you can have two of them connected at the same time for 4 player games?

I don't know if it's because I am on Windows 7 on my desktop, but I got that Samsung 128gb drive too and I could not create a second partition from the unallocated space. I searched for like 30 minutes and the only solutions I saw required buying some other software to do it. I just tried it on my MacBook and will see what it looks like when I put it on my Windows desktop.

I don't know if it's because I am on Windows 7 on my desktop, but I got that Samsung 128gb drive too and I could not create a second partition from the unallocated space. I searched for like 30 minutes and the only solutions I saw required buying some other software to do it. I just tried it on my MacBook and will see what it looks like when I put it on my Windows desktop.
Windows 7? Where’s that “What year is it?” Jumanji GIF when you need it?

Can you check and see if you can have two of them connected at the same time for 4 player games?
I tried to do that a little bit ago. I got to the pairing screen. It shows P1 and P2 paired up for controller unit one. It displays P1 and P2 for controller two right below P1 and P2 of controller one, however i was unable to get P1 and P2 paired for the second controller. I tried several different things, but wasn't able to get both controller units to pair at the same time. Might be overlooking something, but I was unable to do it. Both controller units do show up though on the pairing screen (P1 P2 P1 P2).

Windows 7? Where’s that “What year is it?” Jumanji GIF when you need it?
VPLAUGHER.gif

Yeah, I just got my Legends Ultimate. It really is the coolest shit ever. I just wish there was a 4-player legends ultimate, then nothing would compete for the rest of eternity.

They're so much cheaper than the rest of the competition, don't require raspberry pi fuckery. I hope they're not loss leading too hard on the cabs and depending on arcadenet for profits...

I tried to do that a little bit ago. I got to the pairing screen. It shows P1 and P2 paired up for controller unit one. It displays P1 and P2 for controller two right below P1 and P2 of controller one, however i was unable to get P1 and P2 paired for the second controller. I tried several different things, but wasn't able to get both controller units to pair at the same time. Might be overlooking something, but I was unable to do it. Both controller units do show up though on the pairing screen (P1 P2 P1 P2).
I emailed AtGames on this and this is what they said, "You may wirelessly pair only 2 players to the Core but may add up to 4 players if you plug the devices in directly via USB as this will allow for the 4 devices to be seen correctly."

Looks like to do 4 player games you need to hardwire a second Gamer Pro.

Got my Legends Ultimate over the weekend. Still waiting on my trackball supports, CoinOpsX drive, and acrylic sides but will update when I have those as well. My thoughts so far...

- Very easy to build, however the material is definitely on the flimsy side. I could easily see breaking a piece by forcing a screw or being overly rough with it. However, like I said, I had no problems and I'm no Bob the Builder.

- Side art panels will flap or bubble unless you tape them down, or use the acrylic sides (which I will update everyone on).

- When I booted it up my WiFi would not connect. It would recognize the network name, let me type in my password, etc. But it would never actually complete the login and I'd have to turn off the machine. I read a bit online and found out a lot of people need to first connect with Ethernet, update the firmware, THEN connect over WiFi. This is the solution that worked for me.

- Included games are better than I thought! I didn't recognize a lot of them from the list, but now that I see graphics and artwork I remember a lot of them. Still probably wouldn't recommend without some CoinOpsX action.

- Overall unit and controls seem really sturdy after properly built. Height is good, but I'd probably recommend a stool anyways. Was a bit worried about the speakers too but those are great. Usually I keep the volume around 50/100.

I emailed AtGames on this and this is what they said, "You may wirelessly pair only 2 players to the Core but may add up to 4 players if you plug the devices in directly via USB as this will allow for the 4 devices to be seen correctly."

Looks like to do 4 player games you need to hardwire a second Gamer Pro.
Ah ok. Never occurred to me to try that. Thanks for sharing that information.

I must have horrible luck. I got the Gamer Pro today hooked it up and updated the firmware. I played a few of the base games and turned it off. I tried again tonight and it seems the wifi isn't working. I can't get it to connect at all. Has anyone had any issues? I dont really think im going to use the online portion as I got it mostly for coinopsx but if anyone has a fix that'd be very helpful. I contacted support but haven't got anything back yet.

This is tempting, but a shame it doesn't have MvC2, AKA the best MvC game.
Right!!! I was gonna wait it out to see if MvC2 will eventually come out... but this has been OOS for awhile and didn't think there would be a restock. Especially seeing the scalpers prices for these. I just went ahead and got one.

Finally installed coinopsX on my legends gamer pro. Man this thing is a slick deal at that price. Honestly I wish I didn’t already built a couple cabinets already as this can completely replace them.

I have a raspberry pi 3 cabinet that I don’t have the space for anymore, that can get sold now. I have an arcade1up golden tee that I really like, really don’t need that anymore. I have a pc launchbox cabinet build that has games that this thing can’t run, like nfl blitz and Naomi games and such, and some run much. Ether on the pc build, but I’d sell that cabinet and live without those games (but I friggin love they cabinet and put a lot of work into it, she’s not going anywhere).

FWIW WalMart also has their version of the Marvel cab.  It's Street Fighter v Xmen themed.  $400 without a stool, but it has the good games I want.  Ordered yesterday and should be to me on Monday.  

FWIW WalMart also has their version of the Marvel cab. It's Street Fighter v Xmen themed. $400 without a stool, but it has the good games I want. Ordered yesterday and should be to me on Monday.
It lacks Marvel Super Heroes and Marvel VS. Street Fighter - two games the MVC version does have (though it does lack Children of the Atom).

Exactly. For $99 plus the cost of USB drive it’s a great value and very easy to setup versus a Pi.
If I set up a usb with coinopsx arcade sauce pack and later want another one like the snes, tgcd, or whatever builds... can I put it on the same usb I put the arcade one on (provided I still have space) or does it need to go on it's own drive? Trying to figure out the process for managing existing builds.

If I set up a usb with coinopsx arcade sauce pack and later want another one like the snes, tgcd, or whatever builds... can I put it on the same usb I put the arcade one on (provided I still have space) or does it need to go on it's own drive? Trying to figure out the process for managing existing builds.
You can put them on the same drive, you'll just want to set up playlists to sort them otherwise it gets pretty messy.

Hey -- I'm probably nuts, but I thought I was told you could use the Pro as a controller on other systems.  Does "other systems" just mean "computer and Raspberry Pi"?  I ask as I have a Switch and I've tried using my various Xbox/PS adapters, but nothing seems to recognize the Pro as being anything... I can't get it to connect no matter what I do.

Probably those and Android, I presume. I was hoping the Mayflash adapter I have would make the joystick compatible with Xbox One as well, but after your report I'm less confident of that.

Right!!! I was gonna wait it out to see if MvC2 will eventually come out... but this has been OOS for awhile and didn't think there would be a restock. Especially seeing the scalpers prices for these. I just went ahead and got one.
I wouldn't be surprised if we got a second MvC cabinet in the fall or next year which had different / more games including MvC2.

Like just about everyone else, I want to see Marvel Vs. Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes. And I personally would like to see XMen: Children of the Atom on these cabinets. Always liked that original Marvel brawler from Capcom.

MvsC2 is a bit more challenging, as it ran on newer, more powerful hardware than most of the other titles. But XMen:CotA, was one of the earliest games of that kind released, so it should be an easy get.

bread's done
Back