The Home Arcade Tremendous Deals and Discussion Thread

MinDRIoT

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (97%)
Having recently acquired a couple of tremendous Arcade1Up machines on sale at a local Walmart. Very tremendous. I thought we needed a dedicated Arcade1Up deals thread to keep track of deals. I know deals people, believe me.

These deals are very YMMV but it seems many, many Walmarts are clearing these out right now. Clearing them out. Brickseek links provided where available, check your local stores for price and availability. Brickseek is not 100% accurate though, as I said ... YMMV.

Search your local area, or any ZIP, for in store deals with deals.consolekits.com (Site no longer exists)

Asteroids, Major Havoc, Lunar Lander and Tempest - as low as $75 in store, very hard to find or $164.99 online

Centipede, Millipede, Missile Command, Crystal Castles - as low as $75 in store, very hard to find or $174.99 online

Final Fight, 1944, Ghosts'N Goblins, Strider - as low as $125 in store $150 at Walmart online

Galaga, Galaxian - as low as $75 in store $150 at Walmart online

Mortal Kombat I,II & III - as low as $150 in store $199 at Walmart online

Pacman, Pacman PLUS - as low as $150 in store

Rampage, Gauntlet, Joust, Defender - as low as $75 in store $199 at Walmart online

Space Invaders - as low as $75 in store $150 at Walmart online

Street Fighter ll - as low as $75 in store $199 at Walmart online

Golden Tee - $299 at Walmart

Marvel Superheroes - $299 at Walmart

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Arcade Machine w/ Riser - $349 at Walmart

Star Wars w/riser - $399 at Walmart

Pac-Man Head to Head Arcade Table with Two Pac-Man Gaming Stools (No Galaga or DigDug)- $450 at Sam's

Street Fighter Head to Head Arcade Table - $430 at Walmart

Legends Ultimate Home Arcade Special Edition - $500 at Sam's

Arcade1up Riser - $44.88 online or order for instore pickup

I myself picked up the Final Fight and Rampage machines for $125 each for the Oval Office in the White CatCondo.

Last edited by a moderator:
After the gamer pro and returning it... I think I'm good.  If I want something like the legends mini, I'll just build a new controller and put my retropi setup in it.

Question: Does the mini work like Pro when it comes to modding it with CoinopsX cause I might bite on it just to have one since I missed the $99 Pro and been debating on getting one of the Pandora setups from China?

Question: Does the mini work like Pro when it comes to modding it with CoinopsX cause I might bite on it just to have one since I missed the $99 Pro and been debating on getting one of the Pandora setups from China?
I believe it’s the same with coinops. I’d get this over a Pandora’s box anyway- a MUCH BETTER interface n you can remove the games you don’t like.

I believe it’s the same with coinops. I’d get this over a Pandora’s box anyway- a MUCH BETTER interface n you can remove the games you don’t like.
I just purchased it cause i saw you can connect a Xbox Controller to do multiplayer so I can have my son play with Xbox controller and I don’t mind not having a trackball.

Couldnt het in store pick up earlier today so waited to stop by a store to see if the price was the same. It's not and now it's oos on the site with a $0 value so it clearanced out fast. Did it hit slickdeals or something?
Wario64 tweeted it and judging by the comments in that tweet, a lot of people picked up 2.

Is updating to V5 something you can easily do on an existing flash drive or do you need to rebuild from scratch?
Yes, backup then delete the contents on the drive, copy over v5, then run addonx tool.

No, you cannot upgrade v4.5 and will need to download v5 and run addonx...128 gb drive required

No list from what I know of but the new update has over 1,800 games including lightgun games, Daphne, 3 and 4 player roms, and updated cabinet artwork.
Glad they finally realized that Daphne should just be part of the regular arcade pack instead of on its own

I'm just in the process of doing a new USB build for this and I'm skipping the 3 and 4 player games since I have no way to actually play them for now.  I do like that they have them as an option in there now though.  

Yes, backup then delete the contents on the drive, copy over v5, then run addonx tool.

No, you cannot upgrade v4.5 and will need to download v5 and run addonx...128 gb drive required
I'm assuming you don't have to redo any of the partition stuff if you're already 4.5? Literally just delete everything on existing stick and start with downloaded v5 file and addonx tool?

I'm just in the process of doing a new USB build for this and I'm skipping the 3 and 4 player games since I have no way to actually play them for now. I do like that they have them as an option in there now though.
Do we go to archive.org to get the new build or is there a better source? Don’t have to post a link, just need an idea of where to look as this is my first time trying this. Thank you!

Do we go to archive.org to get the new build or is there a better source? Don’t have to post a link, just need an idea of where to look as this is my first time trying this. Thank you!
Getting the Torrent off of archive dot org is the best way to get it at this point. By far the fastest way.

PSA: It looks like the Best Buy exclusivity deal had with A1U to sell the Marvel vs Capcom cabinets has ended. Target and Gamestop now have product pages for the cabinet at the $499 MSRP.

Got my Gamer Mini today and had a funny moment with my son cause we actually played through Bad Dudes with our Xbox One Controller for 2 Players. I loved this game when I was around his age so to actually play it with him put a smile on my face.

Same thing I did. I was on 4.5. didn't touch 1st partition. Deleted everything on 2nd partition. copied contents of V5 to flashdrive then ran addonX tool. Working fine. I though you need 2 USB drives but guess this still works.

I'm assuming V5 did nothing to fix input lag that is present on V4.5?
You know that's not a universal problem, right? I had 4.5 running on both my ALU and AGP with no issues.

Don't know if anyone already asked this but what kind of USB drive were you using? I had a PNY and a Verbatim that were laggy and a MicroCenter that wouldn't work at all. Got Sandisk and they work perfect.

You know that's not a universal problem, right? I had 4.5 running on both my ALU and AGP with no issues.
Don't know if anyone already asked this but what kind of USB drive were you using? I had a PNY and a Verbatim that were laggy and a MicroCenter that wouldn't work at all. Got Sandisk and they work perfect.
No lag (that I notice, anyway) on mine either. Or on my friend’s.

LOL.

There's input lag.  You just don't care about it or notice it.  And that's okay.

Sure TV's have different input lag but I know what "lagless" feels like as my displays are as lagless as they come.

There is input lag on your guys Gamer Pro just like there was on mine.  Your hardware is not different or special.  Neither was mine.  Just because you aren't as annoyed by input lag doesn't mean it is there. 

There is even noticeable input lag between Coinopsx and the dashboard you are in before you boot up Coinopsx.  There is less input lag in the dashboard.  I even noticed loading games up via the normal dashboard played those games with less input lag then playing it through Coinopsx.  But, there was still input lag.

My one buddy plays his consoles on a DLP tv in Cinema mode and doesn't notice input lag.  That doesn't mean it's not there.

A simple "no there is no noticeable input lag difference" would have been sufficient.

On the case of input lag... it could be just a difference in displays, hdmi cable lengths, hdmi cable brands, as well as a difference between individual perception.   There are also hardware revisions on much of this stuff where a few parts here and there have changed, firmware revisions, and other such minor things that could make the actual hardware different even in an ideal perfect comparison by the same person.   Plus there's the difference in going wired or wireless on the controls for the Gamer Pro and when wireless what other BT/Wireless devices could cause conflict for the receiver in the puck.

So it's hard to just call it all on individual perception.  Companies have been known to make minor revisions in hardware that even make some worth tracking down than others.  Like IPS displays in certain 3DS models are more desired.   Or the backlight gba sp versus the frontlit sp.  That one was at least more clear where as the IPS one was just something people stumbled on and wasn't advertised.

There are two people in this thread that have been going on and on about how they returned/regretted their gamer pros and giving as many reasons as they can muster. Everyone else seems to have enjoyed their $100 arcade system so far.

So is home arcade that boring? That this thread keeps getting the same post about LGP input lag and no input lag over and over again?

LOL.

There's input lag. You just don't care about it or notice it. And that's okay.

Sure TV's have different input lag but I know what "lagless" feels like as my displays are as lagless as they come.

There is input lag on your guys Gamer Pro just like there was on mine. Your hardware is not different or special. Neither was mine. Just because you aren't as annoyed by input lag doesn't mean it is there.

There is even noticeable input lag between Coinopsx and the dashboard you are in before you boot up Coinopsx. There is less input lag in the dashboard. I even noticed loading games up via the normal dashboard played those games with less input lag then playing it through Coinopsx. But, there was still input lag.

My one buddy plays his consoles on a DLP tv in Cinema mode and doesn't notice input lag. That doesn't mean it's not there.

A simple "no there is no noticeable input lag difference" would have been sufficient.
Sounds like a severe case of returners remorse to me, especially now that v5 just came out.

Kidding aside, I was pretty critical about this at first due to similar concerns, but after seeing the amount of use it's gotten from the kids, $100 for this + COX is incredible value. Hell, even with input lag and if it's only intended use is discovering and testing arcade games that you plan on putting on something that runs better - still a no brainer purchase IMO. It's also made be decide that a ALU is NOT worth getting since some of the more prevalent annoyances also seem to be on that unit. Call that a bonus $500 + however many sqft that would have taken up saved.

The only major beef I still have is the 5x countdown limit for the app launch. That imo is stupid AF and provides nothing more than some range of annoyance to any consumer. I can't imagine this being a thing forever, but then again... @games.

There are two people in this thread that have been going on and on about how they returned/regretted their gamer pros and giving as many reasons as they can muster. Everyone else seems to have enjoyed their $100 arcade system so far.

So is home arcade that boring? That this thread keeps getting the same post about LGP input lag and no input lag over and over again?
No, but one dude (who owns a K12.....did I mention he owns a K12?) loves to hijack this thread with nonsense and superiority.
The lag issue is real, I had it and posted it here before the K12 owner, and I returned mine because it was unbearable. Had nothing to do with a usb drive (because the lag was present in the actual system without a inserted usb drive), or distance (because I was literally 2 feet from the puck). I had 2 friends also score the pro that had no lag present at all on their setup and mine. I think its just quality control and you win some and lose some.
However, since it happened to the K12 owner (did I mention he owns a K12?), then it means that everyone else is wrong and he is right. And that right there is a great reason to avoid this thread all together.

Yes I guess some of your guys PS5's and Xbox Series X also have input lag and some don't...

GTFO.

I do know that it's software though to an extent.  When I had Coinopsx installed wrong, like marquees and fonts weren't working, I was getting way more input lag.  This is the video I took of it when I had some sort of botched installation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cj2htMYE79w

That is legit unplayable.

After redoing my installation from a fresh 4.5 image instead of the 4 -> 4.5 process, it did not have input lag like that but there was still noticeable input lag.  

I am thinking it may also have to do with the wireless controller.  I never tried wired as I don't have a USB hub but having to wire it would kind of ruin the convenience of it.

i have a sams club alu 1.0, coinopsx v5, samsung fit 3.1 128 gb usb, and bitpixel.

i haven’t found input lag to be noticeable while playing whether it be donkey kong, nba jam, double dragon, street fighter 2, robotron, etc

i cannot speak to the experience with a gamer pro, but my ~$600 for the arcade cab ($450+tax),flash drive ($20) and led marquee ($100) was definitely worth it imo

i have a sams club alu 1.0, coinopsx v5, samsung fit 3.1 128 gb usb, and bitpixel.

i haven’t found input lag to be noticeable while playing whether it be donkey kong, nba jam, double dragon, street fighter 2, robotron, etc

i cannot speak to the experience with a gamer pro, but my ~$600 for the arcade cab ($450+tax),flash drive ($20) and led marquee ($100) was definitely worth it imo
Yeah that is why I'm wondering if the Gamer Pro being wireless introduces some of the lag.

Those stating their Gamer Pro doesn't have lag, let's see a video of it in action.

Yeah that is why I'm wondering if the Gamer Pro being wireless introduces some of the lag.

Those stating their Gamer Pro doesn't have lag, let's see a video of it in action.
Can the gamer pro be hard wired? if so, then someone could test the experience by taking wireless out of the equation (not ideal of course, but an option...used to do this with my tankstick for couch play using really long powered usb cables)

Can the gamer pro be hard wired? if so, then someone could test the experience by taking wireless out of the equation (not ideal of course, but an option...used to do this with my tankstick for couch play using really long powered usb cables)
I believe I read that you can hard wire it. The puck only has 1 USB though so you need to plug in a USB hub to wire it up along side Coinopsx USB.

dont emulators inherently lag? and that's why retroarch has a run-ahead feature to fight it
I'm not sure about that but wouldn't be surprised if it's like a few MS or something. I don't think it's anything perceivable by humans.

I do know that my retropie setup has no perceivable lag, so that compared to Gamer Pro was night/day difference.

MAME cab also doesn't have any input lag but that is also using a CRT.

Both retropie and MAME cab are using retroarch under the hood.

Ever since I got really into SF4 back when it came out is when I got super sensitive to input lag. Before I got into it competitively I was not bothered by input lag and didn't notice it myself. The only reason I started was because I got serious about SF4 and started going to local gatherings, and they were playing on lagless monitors, and my moves wouldn't come out. And the reason is because I was doing them late, because I was used to that playing at home.

I then went out and bought a lagless monitor myself and started playing SF4 on a 21" monitor instead of a 50" DLP. And since then, I simply cannot play anything with input lag. It just completely ruins it for me.

But, I also get why some people may not be bothered by it or perceive it, because I wasn't even aware it was a thing for a long ass time. I wish I didn't notice it. But it's not really possible to be competitive at games like fighters if you're playing with any input lag due to the nature of having to react.

Purbeast is that guy behind you at a stop light  that beeps immediately as the  light turns green...zero tolerance for input lag. (I kid, I kid.)

When I first turned on the LGP, I saw Cadash and jumped in right away.  Input lag was so horrible I couldn't really play it.  I got worried because of the issues Purbeast had.  Firmware update fixed it though.  Installed coinopsx and everything works fine. There is some input lag with using the deck wirelessly, but I'm mainly using this to just  revisit old games.  I play half of them for a round or two and say, "Yep, this game was designed to take my money."  Nostalgia can really mess with you.

Purbeast is that guy behind you at a stop light that beeps immediately as the light turns green...zero tolerance for input lag. (I kid, I kid.)

When I first turned on the LGP, I saw Cadash and jumped in right away. Input lag was so horrible I couldn't really play it. I got worried because of the issues Purbeast had. Firmware update fixed it though. Installed coinopsx and everything works fine. There is some input lag with using the deck wirelessly, but I'm mainly using this to just revisit old games. I play half of them for a round or two and say, "Yep, this game was designed to take my money." Nostalgia came really mess with you.
Have you tried comparing wired vs. wireless as far as input lag goes?

bread's done
Back