The Home Arcade Tremendous Deals and Discussion Thread

MinDRIoT

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (97%)
Having recently acquired a couple of tremendous Arcade1Up machines on sale at a local Walmart. Very tremendous. I thought we needed a dedicated Arcade1Up deals thread to keep track of deals. I know deals people, believe me.

These deals are very YMMV but it seems many, many Walmarts are clearing these out right now. Clearing them out. Brickseek links provided where available, check your local stores for price and availability. Brickseek is not 100% accurate though, as I said ... YMMV.

Search your local area, or any ZIP, for in store deals with deals.consolekits.com (Site no longer exists)

Asteroids, Major Havoc, Lunar Lander and Tempest - as low as $75 in store, very hard to find or $164.99 online

Centipede, Millipede, Missile Command, Crystal Castles - as low as $75 in store, very hard to find or $174.99 online

Final Fight, 1944, Ghosts'N Goblins, Strider - as low as $125 in store $150 at Walmart online

Galaga, Galaxian - as low as $75 in store $150 at Walmart online

Mortal Kombat I,II & III - as low as $150 in store $199 at Walmart online

Pacman, Pacman PLUS - as low as $150 in store

Rampage, Gauntlet, Joust, Defender - as low as $75 in store $199 at Walmart online

Space Invaders - as low as $75 in store $150 at Walmart online

Street Fighter ll - as low as $75 in store $199 at Walmart online

Golden Tee - $299 at Walmart

Marvel Superheroes - $299 at Walmart

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Arcade Machine w/ Riser - $349 at Walmart

Star Wars w/riser - $399 at Walmart

Pac-Man Head to Head Arcade Table with Two Pac-Man Gaming Stools (No Galaga or DigDug)- $450 at Sam's

Street Fighter Head to Head Arcade Table - $430 at Walmart

Legends Ultimate Home Arcade Special Edition - $500 at Sam's

Arcade1up Riser - $44.88 online or order for instore pickup

I myself picked up the Final Fight and Rampage machines for $125 each for the Oval Office in the White CatCondo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Walmart has started another round of A1U clearance. I've seen, NBA Jam, Turtles, and 40th Pac-Man clearanced at multiple stores. The prices are all over the place though...really weird pricing. I'm also seeing the risers and random stools being clearanced at several stores as well. Check the ap and brickseek, if it's working, to see what's going on around you.
i seen Xmen vs street fighter for $350. TMNT was gone.

AddOnX requires logins. Regular AddOn does not.
So, I see on my Gamer Pro where it says AddOn but it says it doesn't see anything when I click on it.

I currently have the V5 CoinOpsX files in my USB drive. What do I need to do so that AddOn can see the roms?

Thanks!

So, I see on my Gamer Pro where it says AddOn but it says it doesn't see anything when I click on it.

I currently have the V5 CoinOpsX files in my USB drive. What do I need to do so that AddOn can see the roms?

Thanks!
If you did coinopsx correctly you can find games in coinopsx app or addonx.

Thanks!
You have to make sure to mount it from the settings menu first. Then you go to that addon section.

Every time I come close to pondering about the TMNT cabinet, I just keep questioning whether there is much more to owning it other than the nostalgia of it, which frankly, will wear off after one or two playthroughs.  And as the game itself is super short (obviously, as it's an arcade title), I've always ended on the side that the short/cheap thrill just isn't worth it. 

Add to this the fact that we're now getting a legit console release of a new TMNT game, and now I'm even less inclined to buy the cabinet.

Oh well ... may be I'll change my mind if I ever see one for clearance :)

Thanks!
I haven't used original AddOn since last year sometime after I first got my cab so there may be some details I'm not remembering, but if you've already set up your drive for CoinOpsX/AddOnX then it won't work for AddOn anymore. You just need the UCE files on the drive for AddOn to work. Don't do partitions and don't run the AddOnX tool. It'll be slower to load, and there's a limit to the number of games it can read on the drive before it chokes so you'll only want to load on the games you really want. But if you absolutely can't keep an active internet connection going to the system for whatever reason then it's the only option.

Does Legends Pinball require logging in to AtGames? What about once you’ve bought and downloaded new tables— do you need to remain logged in, or occasionally log in, to use the DLC?

Sorry if this has been covered, but I couldn’t find it easily. I’m hung up on whether I can keep playing in 5, 10, or 20 years, after servers have long been shut down, so I’m running 4.20 on my ALU 1.0 to run the OneSauce.

Does Legends Pinball require logging in to AtGames? What about once you’ve bought and downloaded new tables— do you need to remain logged in, or occasionally log in, to use the DLC?

Sorry if this has been covered, but I couldn’t find it easily. I’m hung up on whether I can keep playing in 5, 10, or 20 years, after servers have long been shut down, so I’m running 4.20 on my ALU 1.0 to run the OneSauce.
The way these things are built, you’ll be lucky if it’s still running in 12 months.

The way these things are built, you’ll be lucky if it’s still running in 12 months.
Is the quality of the pinball machines far worse than the Legends Ultimate or something? My Legends Ultimate is something I got used, works great, no issues, clearly well made. It's head and shoulders above the Arcade1Up cabs I have, so I'd be surprised if it's the other way around with the pinball machines, the specs I saw made the Arcade1Up ones look vastly inferior.

my 1.0 alu from sams (bought nov 2019) is doing great. use it most days for a quick game or two. i have the latest firmware and coinopsx v5.

i actually broke down and bought the pinball cab direct and it’s scheduled for delivery this week. i was tired of waiting on sams club.

i believe that you get a choice whether to link the table purchases to your online account or the table itself.

i still haven’t decided which way to go myself…pros and cons to both.

YMMV, but i picked up a TMNT A1U stool in store for $36.79 on clearance. I know it's not $29, but I never had any luck getting them to price match in store, so this was good enough for me.

Found the Pac-Man 40th and Ms. Pac-Man for $134.xx each at my local Walmart today. Risers were $13.xx and NBA Jam was $234.xx

Found the Pacman 40th Anniversary Arcade from Arcade1UP on clearance at $149.50 at my local Wal-Mart, 

SKU: 870667743

I grabbed the second-to-last one. NBA JAM and Ms. Pac-Man were still at full-price.

Here's a weird thing. Same location listed in two different BS searches I did, two different prices. Never seen that before. No other locations that show up twice did this.[attachment=35582:Screenshot_20210511-105534_Chrome.jpg][attachment=35583:Screenshot_20210511-105456_Chrome.jpg]

Found the Pacman 40th Anniversary Arcade from Arcade1UP on clearance at $149.50 at my local Wal-Mart,

SKU: 870667743

I grabbed the second-to-last one. NBA JAM and Ms. Pac-Man were still at full-price.
Saw 4 at a store a half hour from me at $89... went at 10am and of course they're not there. Employees said others had asked but they haven't had any in a while, just some NBA Jam. It's a store that has that happen all the time so I should be used to it by now and just stop going there.

So for anyone in Los Angeles who looks on Brickseek and sees them at the Compton store, I'm here to dash your dreams. They're not real.

One of my local Walmarts had 2-3 units of Pacman for $89 this morning that were gone by the end of my work day. At least Brickseek saved me a trip.

Pac-Man showed $74.75 at two stores. Both limited stock.
Somebody must’ve found one of them, because it later changed to out of stock.

One store still has one as of today, but it’s $194. Still too high for me. I’d definitely bite at $75 if I saw it.

My local Walmart dropped the Pac Man 40th to $134 this morning, still had 2 when I got there. Beyond pumped as I missed out on the original $75 Pac Man a couple years ago, but did get a Centipede machine back then. My kids absolutely love Pac Man, they're gonna love it.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

My local Walmart dropped the Pac Man 40th to $134 this morning, still had 2 when I got there. Beyond pumped as I missed out on the original $75 Pac Man a couple years ago, but did get a Centipede machine back then. My kids absolutely love Pac Man, they're gonna love it.

That 40th is a slick looking cabinet. I’ve scored a few of those $75 cabs back in the day and some others. Galaga for me, street fighter and asteroids for a fiend, 2 final fights for a cousin, and 2 $100 pacman cocktail cabs from bestbuy (for a friend and for my brother). Those were the days. Would love to keep one of each but never had the room.

I'm happy you were able to snag one!

I've been unable to find Ms. Pacman on Brickseek, I was able to grab a screenshot of a Wal-Mart hand scan of Ms. Pac-man and it reads as follows:

MS PACMAN ARCADE

UPC:  815221028266

Item Nbr: 583248291

The UPC on the actual Ms. Pac-Man box reads: 8152210282669

Maybe this will help someone, but I've been unable to find anything on Brickseek with those UPC's and item number.

Assuming Brickseek was accurate, I missed scoring a NBA Jam cabinet for $140 by just an hour or two on Saturday! I was so mad someone just beat me to it!

Crosspost from Reddit, just trying to get some eyes on this:

Hey guys,

Appreciate you taking the time to read this. I bought a Legends Gamer Pro off of eBay not too long ago but shortly after none of the button responds. The system still connects via bluetooth but the buttons do not work.

I've tried resetting to factory but none of the button combinations I've tried work.

I'm able to connect a mouse and keyboard to it so it's got that going for it...

I'm attaching a picture of the insides in hopes of someone being able to spot what it needs that I need to fix.

Let's hope the Pinball machine I get on Wednesday doesn't have any issues. :(

RZwZvj9.jpg

Have you tried using a wire and connecting it to the puck that way? I only kept my gamer pro long enough to open the top of the box and see how monstrous it was and then returned it to walmart. Everything on the inside looks clean.

Hey guys,

Appreciate you taking the time to read this. I bought a Legends Gamer Pro off of eBay not too long ago but shortly after none of the button responds. The system still connects via bluetooth but the buttons do not work.

I've tried resetting to factory but none of the button combinations I've tried work.

I'm able to connect a mouse and keyboard to it so it's got that going for it...

I'm attaching a picture of the insides in hopes of someone being able to spot what it needs that I need to fix.

Let's hope the Pinball machine I get on Wednesday doesn't have any issues. :(

RZwZvj9.jpg
I’m in the same boat. Buttons aren’t responding. I’ve tried connecting to a pc as well and still no good.

Another option, disconnect the blue battery from the main board for a couple mintues (or whatever) and then reconnect it and see if that fully resets the controller as it'll have to reboot that main board.

Another option, disconnect the blue battery from the main board for a couple mintues (or whatever) and then reconnect it and see if that fully resets the controller as it'll have to reboot that main board.
Damn, I thought that might do it. Still no go here. Doesn’t seem to connect at all, even if wired via usb to the puck.[attachment=35597:873906DE-17C4-421F-AC9F-71F6763830BC.jpeg][attachment=35598:45719F64-9AE5-4D18-8829-87D20FAD60CB.jpeg]

First it shows as paired, but no good. Then it shows as not paired and I get an error.

Damn, I thought that might do it. Still no go here.
Hmmm... last suggestion... using some other usb/wireless controller/keyboard/mouse/whatever ... see if there is an update for the puck itself. I know I'm throwing out common suggestions... just trying to help. Also not sure if the puck has an option to return to factory settings, but maybe go back to factory and then update it. Worst case, you'll just have to contact the manufacturer... though given you bought it off ebay, no telling if they'll do anything for you.

Of course it not working with your pc, even wired, doesn't seem like it's the puck. But at this point it can't hurt trying.

Hmmm... last suggestion... using some other usb/wireless controller/keyboard/mouse/whatever ... see if there is an update for the puck itself. I know I'm throwing out common suggestions... just trying to help. Also not sure if the puck has an option to return to factory settings, but maybe go back to factory and then update it. Worst case, you'll just have to contact the manufacturer... though given you bought it off ebay, no telling if they'll do anything for you.

Of course it not working with your pc, even wired, doesn't seem like it's the puck. But at this point it can't hurt trying.
It almost seems like the puck AND the controller aren’t working right. I can’t pair an Xbox controller with the puck. I paired the controller deck to my pc and that almost worked, but not of the buttons would register.

There’s a reset button on the puck, but I can’t get that to do anything either. Really, really strange.

Took apart and opened the controller and everything seems connected.

Cooltoy is teasing a Ms. Pac Man 40th anniversary...typical wood paneling.  Pretty meh to me.  BUT, he's also teasing a Simpsons cab with matching stool.  I am 110% day one on that purchase.  

Noticed that the Pac-man 40th A1Up had dropped to $100 with limited stock in the Walmart app, but it wasn't showing on Brickseek. Went to the store and found one in the clearance aisle instead of with the normal A1Up display. Also, TMNT and Pac-man stools were in the clearance aisle at $26.75, down from $36.xx and $49.xx last weekend.

idk if this is permissible to discuss here or not (If not I'll gladly remove it)  but does anybody know of a good front end where I can put in the games I actually own instead of just getting a random assortment? 

idk if this is permissible to discuss here or not (If not I'll gladly remove it) but does anybody know of a good front end where I can put in the games I actually own instead of just getting a random assortment?
For what? If you're just looking for a frontend.

There's Hyperspin.... Launchbox... EmulationStation...AttractMode

There's others as well but those are probably the most popular. I use LaunchBox/BigBox.

I use Hyperspin, but it requires A Lot of tinkering - if you want an out of the box solution, its not great, but if you like to tinker, you can make your front-end look better than almost any other FE.

I use Hyperspin, but it requires A Lot of tinkering - if you want an out of the box solution, its not great, but if you like to tinker, you can make your front-end look better than almost any other FE.
Launchbox Big Box. Super simple and minimal tinkering.

Saw the A1UP Midway and Namco Legends editions in Walmart today...$299.

Guess this is my last chance to get Super Pac-Man since the 40th Anniversary Pac-Man's got snatched up around here.

finally got a good deal on a cab. got the street fighter cocktail secondhhand for $175. finally part of the club. Now I just gotta plan out all my mods. 

Saw the A1UP Midway and Namco Legends editions in Walmart today...$299.

Guess this is my last chance to get Super Pac-Man since the 40th Anniversary Pac-Man's got snatched up around here.
Do want Midway Legacy cabinet but not for $300. Sorry guys, it's not a Namco Legends if it has Pac-Man but not Ms. Pac-Man.

I've been trying to order a Midway Legends since it was announced. The day they went live they immediately showed as 'sold out' at Best Buy. For some reason today it doesn't even show up in a search in their site. I was able to order the shitty WalMart version for store pick up from a store about 30 mins away from me. The next day they email me saying the order was canceled because it was OOS. fuck off, WalMart.

bread's done
Back