The Home Arcade Tremendous Deals and Discussion Thread

MinDRIoT

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (97%)
Having recently acquired a couple of tremendous Arcade1Up machines on sale at a local Walmart. Very tremendous. I thought we needed a dedicated Arcade1Up deals thread to keep track of deals. I know deals people, believe me.

These deals are very YMMV but it seems many, many Walmarts are clearing these out right now. Clearing them out. Brickseek links provided where available, check your local stores for price and availability. Brickseek is not 100% accurate though, as I said ... YMMV.

Search your local area, or any ZIP, for in store deals with deals.consolekits.com (Site no longer exists)

Asteroids, Major Havoc, Lunar Lander and Tempest - as low as $75 in store, very hard to find or $164.99 online

Centipede, Millipede, Missile Command, Crystal Castles - as low as $75 in store, very hard to find or $174.99 online

Final Fight, 1944, Ghosts'N Goblins, Strider - as low as $125 in store $150 at Walmart online

Galaga, Galaxian - as low as $75 in store $150 at Walmart online

Mortal Kombat I,II & III - as low as $150 in store $199 at Walmart online

Pacman, Pacman PLUS - as low as $150 in store

Rampage, Gauntlet, Joust, Defender - as low as $75 in store $199 at Walmart online

Space Invaders - as low as $75 in store $150 at Walmart online

Street Fighter ll - as low as $75 in store $199 at Walmart online

Golden Tee - $299 at Walmart

Marvel Superheroes - $299 at Walmart

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Arcade Machine w/ Riser - $349 at Walmart

Star Wars w/riser - $399 at Walmart

Pac-Man Head to Head Arcade Table with Two Pac-Man Gaming Stools (No Galaga or DigDug)- $450 at Sam's

Street Fighter Head to Head Arcade Table - $430 at Walmart

Legends Ultimate Home Arcade Special Edition - $500 at Sam's

Arcade1up Riser - $44.88 online or order for instore pickup

I myself picked up the Final Fight and Rampage machines for $125 each for the Oval Office in the White CatCondo.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been trying to order a Midway Legends since it was announced. The day they went live they immediately showed as 'sold out' at Best Buy. For some reason today it doesn't even show up in a search in their site. I was able to order the shitty WalMart version for store pick up from a store about 30 mins away from me. The next day they email me saying the order was canceled because it was OOS. fuck off, WalMart.
I didn't even know Wal-Mart had those Legacy cabs with no riser or lit marquee. The risers should have been included with all of these since day one since I doubt A1UP's target market was ever toddlers.

I did grab the Midway cab from Gamestop when it briefly popped back up a month or so ago.

Okay, it’s been six months since Arcade1up announced an X-men and Dragon’s Lair arcade. Wonder when they’ll hit release. Was hoping for Black Friday deals, but the longer they wait, the less likely that’ll happen.

Simpsons will be my first and probably only (I live in a tiny NYC apartment). 

I'm more interested in it as a piece of art/functional decor etc... 

Think I will go for a bundle that includes everything but the chair. 

I’m sorry if this is answered in here… I read back several pages trying to find an answer.  I want to purchase a full size arcade machine. I want it to have two sides for fighting games, an 4 total players. I love TMNT and other four player. I want a machine I can add more games to also. Please help me make it make sense. 

I’m sorry if this is answered in here… I read back several pages trying to find an answer. I want to purchase a full size arcade machine. I want it to have two sides for fighting games, an 4 total players. I love TMNT and other four player. I want a machine I can add more games to also. Please help me make it make sense.
Perhaps you want the Legends Ultimate Arcade from AtGames.

I get a chuckle when having to go to the laundry mats around my area cause each one has Arcade1Up machines instead of the old school arcade machines. I’ve seen NBA Jam at one and the one Im at now has Mortal Kombat.

I get a chuckle when having to go to the laundry mats around my area cause each one has Arcade1Up machines instead of the old school arcade machines. I’ve seen NBA Jam at one and the one Im at now has Mortal Kombat.
That's actually pretty cool, since A1UP machines don't require quarters to work. However, given the "quality" of A1UP, I doubt these things will last long.

Nice. I'd play those for free while during laundry.

Pretty sure you can add controllers for 3 & 4 player games. Might not be a perfect solution but if it's rare you want/need 4player controls, it could work out well.
Controllers can be added, but by that logic i'd just buy a raspberry pi instead.

The sell is the arcade cab, and I want a 4 player arcade cab..it's the only thing for me that could make all other arcade cabs obsolete ( though the legends ultimate comes really close )

Controllers can be added, but by that logic i'd just buy a raspberry pi instead.

The sell is the arcade cab, and I want a 4 player arcade cab..it's the only thing for me that could make all other arcade cabs obsolete ( though the legends ultimate comes really close )
Considering there's nothing on the market easy to get that is a 4 player custom cab with a deep library of games... building (retropi, pc, etc, in a custom or gutted 4player cab) is the only option beyond making due with a couple of USB controllers in a Legends cab.

That's actually pretty cool, since A1UP machines don't require quarters to work. However, given the "quality" of A1UP, I doubt these things will last long.
I worked somewhere that put some in the break room. They didn’t get used that much (we never had time, heh) and they still ended up with issues. These were the very first batch so maybe they’ve improved but having spent a lot of time in laundromats, there’s no way they are going to last more than a few months.

Considering there's nothing on the market easy to get that is a 4 player custom cab with a deep library of games... building (retropi, pc, etc, in a custom or gutted 4player cab) is the only option beyond making due with a couple of USB controllers in a Legends cab.
Or he could get two ALU's and link them together

I absolutely positively completely and 100% don't need another legends gamer mini. And yet, the modability led to another impulse buy.

I absolutely positively completely and 100% don't need another legends gamer mini. And yet, the modability led to another impulse buy.
I’d rather have the mini than the gamer pro. Prefer the smaller footprint. Gotta have that trackball tho (although I don’t need it since my 2 other cabs have trackballs)

Is there a difference in the number and selection of games? Because I thought the smaller one had fewer. (Still kind of mad that Tron wasn't on the big one. What the hell, man? You gave me Wreck-It Ralph and Contempt in Digital Form The Lion King but not Tron or Discs of Tron? Bah!)

Also, I need to fix the trackball in mine. Installing the shims had... unexpected consequences.

Is there a difference in the number and selection of games? Because I thought the smaller one had fewer. (Still kind of mad that Tron wasn't on the big one. What the hell, man? You gave me Wreck-It Ralph and Contempt in Digital Form The Lion King but not Tron or Discs of Tron? Bah!)

Also, I need to fix the trackball in mine. Installing the shims had... unexpected consequences.
Tron uses spinners so it's only on the full ALU arcade, which has spinners
What were the problems with the shims? I have a set but haven't installed them yet

My trackball worked properly before I installed them. It doesn't after I did. It may not be the shims specifically, but just opening up the control panel and screwing with it was probably ill-advised. One of the rollers doesn't seem to work right now, and I'm not sure why.

It's probably nothing more than a loose connection.  Worse case is that a wire ripped in half which you can just solder back together if that is the case.  It should be pretty easy to track down the issue and fix it.

Generally speaking, there really isn't much to these arcade cabinets as far as things working or not.  Like if a direction or button doesn't work, 9/10 times it's the switch went bad, the connection is lose, or something along those lines.  It's not nearly as common for the actual PCB's to go bad on these things, especially newer PCBs like in these new cabinets.  It's not like there are 25+ year old capacitors on them that have gone bad or anything.

My guess would be one of the shims is rubbing up against one of the rollers.  Maybe it wasn't installed properly.   Either way, no harm in just taking it back apart and seeing if you can see what is binding against the roller or if anything just looks awry.   Just take your time.

Not right now! It's hot enough to melt the enamel off your teeth!
It's possible the shims were installed wrong, but one thing I noticed is that when I moved the Y axis roller to the X axis and vice versa, I have issues with left/right instead of up/down. So I suspect that roller has issues... maybe it needs to be regreased or replaced.
EDIT: It's not that the roller doesn't work AT ALL; it just rolls roughly and the onscreen character responds accordingly.

EDIT: It's not that the roller doesn't work AT ALL; it just rolls roughly and the onscreen character responds accordingly.
It sounds like the roller is either binding against something (which it would still work but just not smoothly). When it cools off in your game room and you feel up to the adventure, it would be worth it to take it back apart and just pay super close attention. It's already broke so worst case is it's still broke. When you do have it apart, go back over the install instructions and look closely at each shim. It's possible one is installed wrong or one of the shims may have a burr left on it from when it was 3d printed and it may need shaved off.

But that's my guess... I'm not there to look at it... just going by text on a screen. But it worked before the shims were installed, so it should be able to be fixed pretty easily by either removing the shims or going back over the install and looking closely at the roller that isn't moving freely.

Yeah, I was ready to jump at Turtles (damn past me who skipped on the original Turtles cab for $250 new), but $650 is just too much for these.  Simpsons will likely test my will, but anything over $500 is a HARD sell.

Extra price bump on those is also because of the new WiFi added. Not a feature I'd care about enough to pay a premium for though. I can appreciate all the extra features they've been offering in the recent models - lit marquee, matching riser, matching stool, 4 player setup, online play - but I hope they keep producing some value-priced units with extra games added but without all the other hardware upgrades. Class of '81 at $399 or less could be a hot seller.

How are they trying to justify TMNT at $650? NBA Jam, which also came with a riser and stool, had a a ton more costs to license the players and came out at $500.

It could be a combo of component shortages and the price of building material.
Possibly, or maybe the franchise is just more expensive to license now and the first cab (with the same games) was really popular. Maybe they are now factoring in the price drops with a higher initial price. I'm not a fan of the Turtles 2 cab personally, the weird CGI-ish turtles look bad, and the first was a lot better (even with Konami's 80's arcade ad campaigns were clearly designed by a horny teenager).

I built my own cab a while back and love it, but browsing the Arcade1up site if they ever actually release that Space Ace cabinet I will be heavily tempted. Love that design and it was one of my favorites. It has a note on the page that says "Want to see this happen? Use the Notify Me button to let us know!", so I guess it is just a potential product.

I’m about to order the Legends Core. Can someone please point me in the direction to learn how to add TmNT and such to it?  Thank you so much. 

I’m about to order the Legends Core. Can someone please point me in the direction to learn how to add TmNT and such to it? Thank you so much.
Google CoinopsX. It’s on archive.org. YouTube it. Extremely easy.

Is it on sale somewhere?

Got an email from Arcade1up that preorders for X-men start tomorrow. Wondering what the price will be…

"See low price in cart"

Holy fudge no thanks! I can imagine the pieces of the pie going on here between Marvel and Konami, but geez.
It is surprising. I know the excuse will be cost of materials/freight has gone up, but I wonder how much they'll be able to get away with.

And I do like A1UP cabs as nostalgic game room decoration pieces. I have a bunch. But, they weren't even on my radar until this thread alerted me to clearance cabs. I picked up the first gen cabs for pretty cheap and figured that would be the end - this thing obviously didn't work given how Wal-Mart was having to give them away.

Nope! Still going strong somehow and now selling cabs for $600.

That being said.... where is The Simpsons so I can pre-order!?????? :) There were some sites claiming it was going up today, too, but I'm not surprised it hasn't since I have yet to see an "official" announcement.

I have the limited Marvel Super Heroes cab and that's it. I made a hard consideration for the 'Marvel vs. Capcom' cab at Best Buy, but I just can't do it. I have pretty much all of these games somewhere else, and the systems they're on I have good arcade sticks for already. I know not everyone has access to the 'X-Men' arcade game, but I still have it on my 360. So $600 is a no way from me.

Side-note on 'The Simpsons:' I recently played it on an original cabinet and, while still fun, is super cheap towards the end. I don't have nostalgia for it or The Simpsons though.

I have the limited Marvel Super Heroes cab and that's it. I made a hard consideration for the 'Marvel vs. Capcom' cab at Best Buy, but I just can't do it. I have pretty much all of these games somewhere else, and the systems they're on I have good arcade sticks for already. I know not everyone has access to the 'X-Men' arcade game, but I still have it on my 360. So $600 is a no way from me.

Side-note on 'The Simpsons:' I recently played it on an original cabinet and, while still fun, is super cheap towards the end. I don't have nostalgia for it or The Simpsons though.
same with still having xmen(on ps3) but I wish i had got the Simpsons. Forgot to buy it before it got delisted.

I played through this on my MAME cabinet recently and yeah, it gets super cheap at the end. The final boss is ridiculous lol.

The game also is not nearly as good as it was back in the day. But, nostalgia and all...

I played through this on my MAME cabinet recently and yeah, it gets super cheap at the end. The final boss is ridiculous lol.

The game also is not nearly as good as it was back in the day. But, nostalgia and all...
For me nostalgic arcade games are never as good as the old days because it's not the old days where I'm in an arcade with my friends or meeting random new people and playing games. The social aspect is a huge part of the nostalgia. The most fun I've had with emulated old arcade games in modern times was playing the stuff I never knew about. Those games by the same devs that made the Metal Slug series for instance... that was cool to play. My retropie setup lasted a couple weeks. I did manage to get my youngest son to play a few games and one of his friends brought an arcade stick over so we could do 3p TMNT/Xmen/Simpsons... and then they played a bunch of fighting games while I watched. That was like one or two times playing games with them. It's a good memory but the games have no staying power with the kids that grew up without arcades (other than the odd Chuck E Cheeses visit or something... which was rare).

For me nostalgic arcade games are never as good as the old days because it's not the old days where I'm in an arcade with my friends or meeting random new people and playing games. The social aspect is a huge part of the nostalgia. The most fun I've had with emulated old arcade games in modern times was playing the stuff I never knew about. Those games by the same devs that made the Metal Slug series for instance... that was cool to play. My retropie setup lasted a couple weeks. I did manage to get my youngest son to play a few games and one of his friends brought an arcade stick over so we could do 3p TMNT/Xmen/Simpsons... and then they played a bunch of fighting games while I watched. That was like one or two times playing games with them. It's a good memory but the games have no staying power with the kids that grew up without arcades (other than the odd Chuck E Cheeses visit or something... which was rare).
at least there is still dave and busters and round 1.

at least there is still dave and busters and round 1.
Sadly the only arcade stuff near where I live are the few beat up run down games at the movie theater so no regular crowd or anything like the old days. There are a few other places within an hour and a half drive. One that is $12/day of unlimited play (and you can leave and come back as they do wristbands). If I get the itch and it's part of doing something else... I might do that one of these days. But it's not like the old times where it was a 10min drive and there was a regular group of people among all the new faces.

bread's done
Back