The Home Arcade Tremendous Deals and Discussion Thread

MinDRIoT

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (97%)
Having recently acquired a couple of tremendous Arcade1Up machines on sale at a local Walmart. Very tremendous. I thought we needed a dedicated Arcade1Up deals thread to keep track of deals. I know deals people, believe me.

These deals are very YMMV but it seems many, many Walmarts are clearing these out right now. Clearing them out. Brickseek links provided where available, check your local stores for price and availability. Brickseek is not 100% accurate though, as I said ... YMMV.

Search your local area, or any ZIP, for in store deals with deals.consolekits.com (Site no longer exists)

Asteroids, Major Havoc, Lunar Lander and Tempest - as low as $75 in store, very hard to find or $164.99 online

Centipede, Millipede, Missile Command, Crystal Castles - as low as $75 in store, very hard to find or $174.99 online

Final Fight, 1944, Ghosts'N Goblins, Strider - as low as $125 in store $150 at Walmart online

Galaga, Galaxian - as low as $75 in store $150 at Walmart online

Mortal Kombat I,II & III - as low as $150 in store $199 at Walmart online

Pacman, Pacman PLUS - as low as $150 in store

Rampage, Gauntlet, Joust, Defender - as low as $75 in store $199 at Walmart online

Space Invaders - as low as $75 in store $150 at Walmart online

Street Fighter ll - as low as $75 in store $199 at Walmart online

Golden Tee - $299 at Walmart

Marvel Superheroes - $299 at Walmart

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Arcade Machine w/ Riser - $349 at Walmart

Star Wars w/riser - $399 at Walmart

Pac-Man Head to Head Arcade Table with Two Pac-Man Gaming Stools (No Galaga or DigDug)- $450 at Sam's

Street Fighter Head to Head Arcade Table - $430 at Walmart

Legends Ultimate Home Arcade Special Edition - $500 at Sam's

Arcade1up Riser - $44.88 online or order for instore pickup

I myself picked up the Final Fight and Rampage machines for $125 each for the Oval Office in the White CatCondo.

Last edited by a moderator:
The devs were probably like..."four mini-games is enough... look at people swarm all over Donkey Kong and it's four levels!"
Discs was supposed to be a fifth minigame, but they ran out of time since they were on a tight schedule to release alongside the film. They were working from an earlier script, which is why the grid bugs are a level when they have two seconds of screen time. Apparently, that scene was originally much longer. This link explains it all, as well as other tidbits, such as the awesome environmental Discs cabinet:

https://www.arcade-museum.com/game_detail.php?game_id=10204

I believe I heard about New Wave Toys replica minis through this thread. In any case, they have a new Missile Command Replicade up for preorder, with trackball and everything. Looks pretty neat, though a bit expensive:

https://newwavetoys.com/pages/missile-command-x-replicade-pre-order-page
They got me all excited over that awesome Dragon's Lair machine, then produced it in such low quantities I had no chance to buy one. Screw them: I hope they go under, unless they decide to do Space Ace and/or Lair II.

Discs was supposed to be a fifth minigame, but they ran out of time since they were on a tight schedule to release alongside the film. They were working from an earlier script, which is why the grid bugs are a level when they have two seconds of screen time. Apparently, that scene was originally much longer. This link explains it all, as well as other tidbits, such as the awesome environmental Discs cabinet:

https://www.arcade-museum.com/game_detail.php?game_id=10204
If they were making the environmental cab, this would be a purchase. I'm glad they're getting the controls right, as that does make the game better. I loved the Tron game (and it's spiritual cousin Journey) back in the day for whatever reason. But yeah, I agree with the consensus here that the appeal is kind of limited in 2021.

I believe I heard about New Wave Toys replica minis through this thread. In any case, they have a new Missile Command Replicade up for preorder, with trackball and everything. Looks pretty neat, though a bit expensive:

https://newwavetoys.com/pages/missile-command-x-replicade-pre-order-page
Yeah, sadly with C19, the prices have risen, but I will say the quality has been going up as well. The prices currently, are what was the initial plan, but once Numskull jumped in with their 1/4 scale, it caused both companies to lower the initial pricing. That being said, I've always found both offerings to be worth the funds, as the quality is really nice for what you get.

I would say the NS Quarter Arcade offerings seem a much better buy currently, as their pricing is pretty close to NWT, but you get much more for the asking price. These aren't for everyone, but I would sooner buy a Replicade/Quarter Arcade for these current asking prices, than almost any price for an A1Up cab. Every time a new offering arrives on my door step, I'm blown away by the product within. Dragons lair has probably been my favorite Replicade so far, while I don't know if I can pick my fav in the Quarter Arcade, as those are all amazing.

I love how a the 34 second mark the 2 dudes are moving their guns all around but the cursors are just dead center the whole time shooting the terminator.

Just T2 on the machine is a tough sell. While it's a fun game, it's not earth shattering. The price will have to be lower than normal, but A1U prices are trending upwards.

Here's a video from Numskull Designs, and it shows their latest Quarter Arcade offerings, as well as some mentions in regards to why some past announced games still have not arrived. Seems the C19 has effected them more than New Wave Toys, as they are changing from the wood of past cabs, to plastics going forward. For those of you who are interested, they have a link to their survey in the description, and it's about how best to go forward in these uncertain times. For now, they are waiting on prices to come down before making new cabs, so one of the questions is would customers mind paying more now, or waiting for awhile until prices come down(stuff like that). 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQuFIVOFxkw

Here's a video from Numskull Designs, and it shows their latest Quarter Arcade offerings, as well as some mentions in regards to why some past announced games still have not arrived. Seems the C19 has effected them more than New Wave Toys, as they are changing from the wood of past cabs, to plastics going forward. For those of you who are interested, they have a link to their survey in the description, and it's about how best to go forward in these uncertain times. For now, they are waiting on prices to come down before making new cabs, so one of the questions is would customers mind paying more now, or waiting for awhile until prices come down(stuff like that).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQuFIVOFxkw
Thank you so much! I ordered Space Invaders over 6 months ago, and its good to know they are trying to get it right. I own 4 of these Quarter Arcades and they are amazing, IMO, way better than the out of scale and shoddy Arcade1Ups.

My Walmart had about 6 Ms Pac-Man’s. Trying to make room for the new arcades like this Simpsons, I suppose. No riser, though.

Yeah, I know some stores have the 40th Anniversary Ms. Pac Man's as showing in stock for $299.  Makes sense to get rid of the old ones first which is why I can't understand why they yo-yoed the clearance on them.  And I can't get sku's or upc's to work for it on brickseek, so that means I have to go into stores to see the prices.

T2 now has a preorder price of $699.99 lol.
That’s ridiculous! For one game and a documentary! I can’t imagine they’d sell that many…. On that note, is there any sales figures on these machines? I’d be curious to see how the escalating prices are affecting the sales of their machines?

That’s ridiculous! For one game and a documentary! I can’t imagine they’d sell that many…. On that note, is there any sales figures on these machines? I’d be curious to see how the escalating prices are affecting the sales of their machines?
Same. My old job bought all the Gen 1 machines when they came out and, as much as I wanted to like them, I thought they were overpriced even then. I know that isn't quite apples to apples, and I hope the build quality has improved since then. But I thought they were really flimsy and with only a few games included, not a real good deal. Even considering T2 will be closer to arcade than just plain emulation (unless you have a compatible gun) and assuming build quality has improved, are there that many people dying to play T2?

Thank you so much! I ordered Space Invaders over 6 months ago, and its good to know they are trying to get it right. I own 4 of these Quarter Arcades and they are amazing, IMO, way better than the out of scale and shoddy Arcade1Ups.
These do look awesome! I'm tempted to pre-order a Space Invaders, seeing that they're recreating the mirror "ghosting" affect and all that. The two TMNT machines also look great, though I don't think it would be much fun to actually try to play it with four players (though the USB controllers could make it more plausible, you'd miss out on using the actual control panels.)

These do look awesome! I'm tempted to pre-order a Space Invaders, seeing that they're recreating the mirror "ghosting" affect and all that. The two TMNT machines also look great, though I don't think it would be much fun to actually try to play it with four players (though the USB controllers could make it more plausible, you'd miss out on using the actual control panels.)
Since the Replicades are 1/6 scale, they have offered USB/second controller & HDMI for a minute, as those are 1 player at 1 time for sure. It looks like Quarter Arcade is now going that route as well. I applaud the efforts to make these playable to more people in different situations and such, but I have no plans to try and play any of these with 4 people. I love how these are so accurate to the real thing(fine details and accuracy to real thing), but playing in the small form is novel, but never ideal.

If I'm gonna be sitting around with that many people, I would run an emulator on a large tv, fire up some wireless controllers and go for broke. I guess the bigger A1up 4 players are best, but those seem beyond cramped to me, but for sure the best option. I may actually end up passing on those Turtle cabs, as those are arcade games that hold no nostalgia for me, and due to there size and materials, will probably cost more than the standard cabs do. It's good to see other options made available, as more choices are always best, because even if I won't play a certain way, others might and will.

Just make sure to invite your 3 smallest friends over. Seriously though, the Quarter Arcades are playable, but are really show pieces.

I put together the X-Men cab - I do like the fake coin doors, although I wish they would have come with the Legacy cabs.  

Last call on New Wave Toys latest Replicade 1/6 scale arcade cab of "Missle Command", as the preorders close today at 6 PST. They are offering 2 cabs, one is the OG arcade unit(149.99) and the other is the "Field Test Edition(169.99)", and both have a standard discount of $10 for preorder($279.99 for bundle pack). Use code  "MCVIP10" at checkout for another $10, so $20 off total up until 6 PST today. They are also including a free mini poster for preorders, and that is a first, while supplies last of course. https://newwavetoys.com/pages/missile-command-x-replicade-pre-order-page

Yeah, last “sale” they dropped the price of their controller by $5, but increased the shipping cost from $10 to $15.

Yeah, last “sale” they dropped the price of their controller by $5, but increased the shipping cost from $10 to $15.
Depends on what you are looking for, but there are some great deals. Their shipping is always BS, but the pinball table packs are usually a good price on these sales, as well as the bitpixel marquees.

Are these the same size as Arcade1up? I’m looking at the Dragon’s Lair one…
Maybe a little bigger. High quality components, great sound. I’ve read nothing but great reviews. I really like that retro mania one too. You’d just have to be interested in a cabinet with a digital storefront with additional digital games for sale to really be into this cabinet though.

Edit- and honestly, I HATE all the “I have one cabinet with 10,000 games on it” posts and such. Hate it. I’ve started a cabinet or 2 with a complete mame set but always wind up widdling that down to a couple hundred games- and even that’s too many. Just my opinion, but I have no interest in having every game on every console ever on one cabinet. I’d be happy with something like this with 20-40 games as long as I really like all those games.

Are these the same size as Arcade1up? I’m looking at the Dragon’s Lair one…
I would say bigger. the control deck sits a bit higher than the Arcade1Up cabinet one does with a riser.
The build quality is leaps and bounds better than Arcade1Up especially the controls and the speakers.

It comes with 11 games pre loaded onto it (Dragon's Lair) is one of them and then as was said already, they have a digital store and you can buy more games a la carte. All games are officially licensed and optimized to run on their platform.

They're always releasing more and more games for the system. A good mix of retro arcade stuff and more modern games.

I have played Arcade1Up, but I don't own one. I do own an AtGames Legends Ultimate that I modded to have hundreds of games and I have an iiRcade. I will say I like my iiRcade way better. Just a better overall experience.

From Reddit:

Best Buy 10% off one Arcade1up product for the rest of November!

Seems to only work when the discount is $50 or more (Legacy cabs don't seem to apply unfortunately)

Works for one applicable A1up cab purchase or preorder at a time.

Code: NOV22CCSAVE10

One Walmart here put all of their Pac-Man A1Up legacy cabs on a skid near the front of a store and discounted them to $175. The price change showed up on Brickseek temporarily and now that store shows 0 stock, despite having 8-10 of them.

Walmart has these 84 inch Skee Ball games on sale for $94. Ordered one for my games room. Can't really go wrong at this price.

9e328764-750f-434a-8e1b-692c0890c81e.12545d4bb801272fb6f96d2b0bf78048.jpeg

Looks like it’s sturdy compared to other machines in the same price range. If it had the same scoring as a regular Skee Ball machine I would have ordered it.

You guys talking about that site where every a1up was like 80% off and it had a counter counting down how long you could buy it for?

Where you could get Simpsons and Xmen for BOGO for a total of $150 shipped for 2 a1ups?

I don't feel sorry for anyone who got scammed by that.

And the website was arcade1up.us

You guys talking about that site where every a1up was like 80% off and it had a counter counting down how long you could buy it for?

Where you could get Simpsons and Xmen for BOGO for a total of $150 shipped for 2 a1ups?

I don't feel sorry for anyone who got scammed by that.

And the website was arcade1up.us
The sad part is that CAG tweeted it... obvious scam yet they tweeted it

Damn I would have thought they would have known better. It was super obvious lol.
Yeah it screamed scam but the fact that CAG tweeted it to me was reason enough to believe. I have been part of this site for some fifteen years now and have seen INSANE deals over the years that I do not even question them now. I was at work, they posted it, I assumed it was just a pricing error or something and I quickly bought. *Shrug.

Yeah it screamed scam but the fact that CAG tweeted it to me was reason enough to believe. I have been part of this site for some fifteen years now and have seen INSANE deals over the years that I do not even question them now. I was at work, they posted it, I assumed it was just a pricing error or something and I quickly bought. *Shrug.
I mean, you start off saying it screamed scam, yet you still purchased it lol.

I hope you get your funds back though.

bread's done
Back