The Home Arcade Tremendous Deals and Discussion Thread

MinDRIoT

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (97%)
Having recently acquired a couple of tremendous Arcade1Up machines on sale at a local Walmart. Very tremendous. I thought we needed a dedicated Arcade1Up deals thread to keep track of deals. I know deals people, believe me.

These deals are very YMMV but it seems many, many Walmarts are clearing these out right now. Clearing them out. Brickseek links provided where available, check your local stores for price and availability. Brickseek is not 100% accurate though, as I said ... YMMV.

Search your local area, or any ZIP, for in store deals with deals.consolekits.com (Site no longer exists)

Asteroids, Major Havoc, Lunar Lander and Tempest - as low as $75 in store, very hard to find or $164.99 online

Centipede, Millipede, Missile Command, Crystal Castles - as low as $75 in store, very hard to find or $174.99 online

Final Fight, 1944, Ghosts'N Goblins, Strider - as low as $125 in store $150 at Walmart online

Galaga, Galaxian - as low as $75 in store $150 at Walmart online

Mortal Kombat I,II & III - as low as $150 in store $199 at Walmart online

Pacman, Pacman PLUS - as low as $150 in store

Rampage, Gauntlet, Joust, Defender - as low as $75 in store $199 at Walmart online

Space Invaders - as low as $75 in store $150 at Walmart online

Street Fighter ll - as low as $75 in store $199 at Walmart online

Golden Tee - $299 at Walmart

Marvel Superheroes - $299 at Walmart

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Arcade Machine w/ Riser - $349 at Walmart

Star Wars w/riser - $399 at Walmart

Pac-Man Head to Head Arcade Table with Two Pac-Man Gaming Stools (No Galaga or DigDug)- $450 at Sam's

Street Fighter Head to Head Arcade Table - $430 at Walmart

Legends Ultimate Home Arcade Special Edition - $500 at Sam's

Arcade1up Riser - $44.88 online or order for instore pickup

I myself picked up the Final Fight and Rampage machines for $125 each for the Oval Office in the White CatCondo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys, I just got the Legends Gamer Mini and I noticed that it claims that you can use the control deck with other consoles, but I haven’t been able to connect it to any so far. Are there any consoles that work and any advice how to connect it? I have all of the current gen consoles plus PS Mini and PS3. If it can connect to any of those, it would be exciting.

Yeah, it was awesome when the majority could insult minorities, degrade their ancestry and/or personal feelings and just in general be a jerk and people would just have to suck it up and smile back and laugh uncomfortably because they knew it would only get worse for them if if they asked them to not be an asshole. They weren't laughing together. That feeling that you cannot just say what you want without consequences? Yeah, that's how they felt back then.
Sounds like somebody needs a hug.

Oh man, MvC2? If I don't need 2 risers to make it tall enough for me to play, I may actually buy it full price...

Btw, a local discount chain Ollies has the wall mounted 8 in 1 arcade1up cabs for $150. In-store only and Ollies is not exactly national too but just wondering if that's a worthy price. Tbh I didn't know they made these wall mounted cabs prior to seeing them in store.

Anyone with a Legends Gamer Pro know if you can use it as a plug and play controller for other systems (like you can with the neo geo arcade stick)?

Anyone with a Legends Gamer Pro know if you can use it as a plug and play controller for other systems (like you can with the neo geo arcade stick)?
It doesn't work on the Switch.

It will work on a computer, and I believe I've been told it will work on some Xbox systems.

I thought I remembered someone somewhere posting that you could connect it to the Switch with the 8bitdo USB Bluetooth receiver
I tried using both the 8bitdo and the Magic NS -- neither one would connect. I might have done something wrong, but I couldn't get it to sync nor to work in wired mode with the Magic NS.

I’m here in CA, does anyone know where everyone is getting the Mortal Kombat and Simpsons arcade 1up machines on clearance from ?
I’m pretty sure it’s Walmart, but when I go online they are almost full price. Tons of these machines are flooding offer up etc and going for around 250 each.

Played Big Buck Hunter A1up last week at an arcade in Belize.  The guy told me he tried to get a real cabinet for like 2 years and just couldn't get one and his buddy wanted one so he got the A1up and just set it up in the arcade.

It was very tough to play on the tiny screen and the guns are just so light they are hard to aim and hold still while pressing the trigger.  I'm sure part of it was because you're basically aiming at a downward angle if you are an adult playing these things.  I can't believe someone would actually pay $700 for that thing lol.

I’m here in CA, does anyone know where everyone is getting the Mortal Kombat and Simpsons arcade 1up machines on clearance from ?
I’m pretty sure it’s Walmart, but when I go online they are almost full price. Tons of these machines are flooding offer up etc and going for around 250 each.
Figured it would have been picked up in here by now and I've been too busy to check.

Walmart has a fairly widespread clearance on The Simpsons A1Up down to $199. It's still fairly ymmv, but for a lot of people more stores in their areas have it for $199 than the recent price drop price of $399. Also, MK Legacy, pacman legacy and 40th anniversary ms pacman are fairly frequently down to $199 from $249, but some are occasionally being reported at $99 or $75.

All from Facebook A1Up groups and started maybe two days ago.

Arcade1Up risers are $45 at Walmart, online and in-store.  I was on the fence but ended up picking one up for my modded Mortal Kombat II cab.

In hindsight, not a great buy for me personally.  The cabinet's at an awkward height now: low enough where I have to slouch to play it while standing up or else I can't see the full screen (the marquee on top gets in the way), but high enough where (of course) I can't play it sitting - unless I find a bigger chair.  YMMV depending on your height. I'm 6'2" for reference.  If it were half a foot higher or I were half a foot shorter, it'd probably be just right.

My walmart has all of the arcade 1ups on sale. I got Simpsons for $199!!!  Simpsons isn't working on Brickseek for any zip code I put in, so I can't tell if it's just my store.

Mortal Combat $199, Pacman with 12 games $149, Ms Pac Man 40th 12 games no riser $199, Ms Pacman 4 games with riser $198.

One of the Ms Pacman ones has been $200 for a while, but I can't remember which one now. The rest of them weren't on sale the last time I checked--I think earlier this week.

Pacman stool? I can only imagine what's in that.
I bought one off HSN back when it was on sale for $40 and I'd say $30-40 is about the price these stools are worth. Non-swivel stools with padding that gives too easily leaving you sitting on a hard surface. Only good thing I can say is they look nice paired with the cabinets.

My walmart has all of the arcade 1ups on sale. I got Simpsons for $199!!! Simpsons isn't working on Brickseek for any zip code I put in, so I can't tell if it's just my store.

Mortal Combat $199, Pacman with 12 games $149, Ms Pac Man 40th 12 games no riser $199, Ms Pacman 4 games with riser $198.

One of the Ms Pacman ones has been $200 for a while, but I can't remember which one now. The rest of them weren't on sale the last time I checked--I think earlier this week.
Over the weekend I was pleasantly surprised to see my local Walmart had The Simpsons, Mortal Kombat Legacy 12-in-1, and the Pac Man 12-in-1 for the same prices you saw. I was never expecting to see The Simpsons cab for that low, so I couldn’t resist it! It’ll look great next to my TMNT cab!

Now if I could just find a NBA Jam cab for that price or less, I would have all the cabinets from Arcade1Up I’d ever be interested in!

My walmart has all of the arcade 1ups on sale. I got Simpsons for $199!!! Simpsons isn't working on Brickseek for any zip code I put in, so I can't tell if it's just my store.
Similar story. Found Simpsons for $200 at my local Walmart, brickseek showed it as out of stock but price was right. One other walmart in the area showed having "limited stock" Saturday then out of stock on Sunday. 2 other stores show it in stock at full price. Couldn't help it and wound up picking up Simpsons as my first Arcade 1up.

Brickseek is showing one store (30 miles away) with one... but I wouldn't want it just for that and would want to mod it to run other games.  

I was looking at Reddit last night to see how easily it could be done, but couldn't find a ton of info for that particular cabinet.  

Anyone here have experience with that?  

The new prices seem to all be pretty consistent as I'm not seeing anything crazy like sub-$100.  I don't have any more room, but 'll find some for a Pac-Anything at $75.

Brickseek is showing one store (30 miles away) with one... but I wouldn't want it just for that and would want to mod it to run other games.

I was looking at Reddit last night to see how easily it could be done, but couldn't find a ton of info for that particular cabinet.

Anyone here have experience with that?
I haven't modded that specific one, but the mod process tends to be nearly identical for every Arcade1Up. The only differences between them are:

1. different Arcade1Up models have different monitor models. Because of this, the specific LCD controller board (something like this -- its purpose is to allow you to use an HDMI cable) that you need will vary depending on which monitor your Arcade1Up comes with.

2. in the Simpsons case, they have a trackball on it. I'm not sure how that works.. I'd assume it's pretty much just an analog stick on a technical level, in which case you'd mod it the same way you'd mod the other players' buttons, but I could be wrong. If you don't want to use the trackball at all, then it's whatever, no need to worry about this part.

3. the number of zero-lag USB encoders you need, which depends on how many players the Arcade1Up supports (4 in the Simpsons case).

So, part-wise, you're looking at...

1. the LCD controller board. Don't order this until you have the Arcade1Up in hand, because you need to make sure you get the right version by looking at the monitor's serial number directly.

2. zero-lag USB encoders (example - this one comes with two of them). You need one for each player, and maybe one for the trackball, so that's 4 or 5.

3. (optional) new buttons. Arcade1Up's tends to be somewhat low quality, so most people replace them.

4. (optional) speakers, since the monitor's speakers aren't very good. And FWIW, I had trouble getting the monitor's speakers to work in my mod personally; installing a regular set of PC speakers via an aux cable was easier to get working.

5. a Raspberry Pi or PC to hook it up to

Thanks for all of this info.  I didn't get a chance to leave the house today, so maybe I'll make a run tomorrow to see if they have the cabinet there.  

Thanks again!

2. in the Simpsons case, they have a trackball on it. I'm not sure how that works.. I'd assume it's pretty much just an analog stick on a technical level, in which case you'd mod it the same way you'd mod the other players' buttons, but I could be wrong. If you don't want to use the trackball at all, then it's whatever, no need to worry about this part.
I would think a trackball wouldn't be straight forward. Trackballs don't have edge limits like an analog stick. I'm pretty sure it requires some coding to translate movement of a stick into direction and velocity for a trackball - ie moving a stick halfway to the left equals rolling the ball continuously to the left at half the max detectable speed. It's an easy translation when the trackball controls a pointer like a mouse that has the edges of the screen, but not so easy when it is used to detect speed and direction for something like bowling/golf/marble/etc.

If converting a cab to retropi... the raspberry pi has a 40pin gpio with 26 pins as inputs.  You can thus wire 26 buttons directly to the board without needing the converters.  It's 3 pins short of being able to do every button (sticks are 4 buttons) on the simpsons cab... but you might be able to group all of the player start buttons as one input which would just make it work (no trackball though) with no encoders needed.  Or gpio players 2, 3 & 4 and use a single zero lag usb encoder for player 1 so you can mount some extra buttons for pinball... etc.   You'll have to map the gpio buttons by editing a simple file... but, once setup it should work well.   Not sure about the trackball, it's an analog input device where as everything else is digital so it will need something different to convert it to a usb mouse.   Yes, you could just go all zero lag usb encoders... it's not that much more money... but you'll also be eating up more USB's and may need a usb hub since you'll want at least two usb free for the occasional keyboard as well as loading more games (if going retropi, even if you plan to store them on microsd).  This is possibly less of an issue with a pc unless it's an old laptop with limited usb inputs.   Just food for thought.

For May 4th arcade up is selling their Star Wars pinball for $420 with free shipping in the continental U.S.

Total with tax in MI was $445.20.

Lowest new price I've seen so far!

https://arcade1up.com/products/star-wars-pinball?utm_source=google&utm_medium=paid&utm_campaign=14720126361&utm_content=132776154172&utm_term=&gadid=547253615924&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIj4TG-aTG9wIVFRLnCh3mmQUZEAAYAiAAEgKRL_D_BwE
Oh wow... kinda glad it was sold out by the time I saw this because I might have jumped on it and my wife would have KILLED me. I already started a fight once when I snuck in the Arcade1Up Star Wars arcade cab next to my Legends Ultimate (which I told her was the only cabinet I'd ever need) so pinball probably would have been grounds for divorce.

My Walmart got rid of their arcade section to expand its collectibles shelf. Hope that means we'll get a bunch of Neca stuff. All we've had for most of the last year or so were Doc Browns, Alien figs, and the occasional movie monster. 

One of our stores has the Simpsons A1UP for $250, I'm resisting the urge SO badly
Get it or you're gonna regret it!

I passed on it at $200 and an easy hour drive (one way) just to babysit 4 of them 20min away at $300, hoping they would drop.

Now, all of them are gone and I am bummed.

Not a huge discount but Sam’s Club has the Legends Pinball for $599.99 which I’m contemplating on picking up.

I picked up the MKII Legacy Cabinet and Ms Pac-Man cabinets for $199.99 a piece which I’m fine with just having those. Of course if I seen the Ninja Turtles one I might bit on that for $200.

Not a huge discount but Sam’s Club has the Legends Pinball for $599.99 which I’m contemplating on picking up.

I picked up the MKII Legacy Cabinet and Ms Pac-Man cabinets for $199.99 a piece which I’m fine with just having those. Of course if I seen the Ninja Turtles one I might bit on that for $200.
I really like my legends pinball machine and am happy with the purchase back during a previous owners day sale.

My Walmart got rid of their arcade section to expand its collectibles shelf. Hope that means we'll get a bunch of Neca stuff. All we've had for most of the last year or so were Doc Browns, Alien figs, and the occasional movie monster.
The Walmarts around me in SoCal also cleared them out. I don’t think they will carry them again, so I’m happy I picked up some clearance machines to fill out my collection. I can’t see Walmart stocking them anymore due partially to the increased price Arcade 1up is charging. I’ve noticed sales of the Arcade 1up machines have slowed down a lot on the secondary market too.

I think the main issue is market saturation. A lot of people i know just don’t have anymore room and it’s not worth the price to pick up a new machine so most people i know are just sticking to what they have.

I think the main issue is market saturation. A lot of people i know just don’t have anymore room and it’s not worth the price to pick up a new machine so most people i know are just sticking to what they have.
I have to feel this way too. The market is getting very crowded and it's a really niche market to begin with. These things take up a lot of room and aren't exactly cheap. I can't help but feel the people who would buy a home arcade cab have done so and only a small number of people have the room, money or desire to own multiples. I have an @games cab and pinball and they take up a ton of room and hell, that's almost a grand right there. I'd be interested in a light gun or driving cab, but I don't really have the room and I certainly don't have the money (plus I'd need more than one or two games on it to justify the purchase.) However, I consider myself the kind of person who is looking for an excuse to buy another can but I just can't find one. And if I can't, I'm sure many owners aren't even considering it.

Of course, we'll know the market is crashing when these start showing up at Goodwill.

I got the Ms. Pacman 12 in 1 40th anniversary at my local walmart couple of months back for $199.99 and got the riser for $44.99 and man couldn't be happier with it. I notice they don't have any now so glad I got one I'm just amazed by the quality. I've built mini arcade machines before but no way to make one compare to these. I like how it saves hi scores as well because I unplug mine when not in use.

Same thing happened at my local Walmart in PA. I'm guessing they may be done with these, as well as us being done with the deep Arcade 1up discounts.

Same at my Walmart! They had a handful of cabs on clearance for a couple months, along with some risers at full price. Now, all of it is gone!

My walmart had the MK 12 in 1 and the Simpsons for $199 each and I really thought about it and went home.  Middle of the next week it was all gone. :/

It's possible walmart will bring the cabs back out during christmas shopping season along with trampolines and other larger items.  It never made much sense (IMO) that they tried to sell these year round with how they mainly just sat around until they were clearanced off.

LOL. The Simpsons is still $399 in my neck of the woods (according to Brickseek).

Seems like this would be a good cab for converting to Retro Pi, no? I think that's why I'd be interested.

According to reddit, a spokesman for Arcade1up said that there will be a one day sale on July 9th, with prices being $300-400 off. I believe arcades like X-men and the Simpsons were mentioned.

The details about this are a bit strange. Something about there being an in person event on that day, but then the sales going online later, but unspecified. If more information comes along I'll post it. Just keep a look for July 9th to see if something you're interested in goes on sale.

According to reddit, a spokesman for Arcade1up said that there will be a one day sale on July 9th, with prices being $300-400 off. I believe arcades like X-men and the Simpsons were mentioned.

The details about this are a bit strange. Something about there being an in person event on that day, but then the sales going online later, but unspecified. If more information comes along I'll post it. Just keep a look for July 9th to see if something you're interested in goes on sale.
Damn it! If I only had the room for it............

LOL. The Simpsons is still $399 in my neck of the woods (according to Brickseek).

Seems like this would be a good cab for converting to Retro Pi, no? I think that's why I'd be interested.
Keep in mind that a pi setup isn't quite powerful enough to play some games.

I'm actually in the middle of a project converting my MAME setup from a pi3 setup to a full blown PC due to that. I got it connected to my cab last night for the first time.

I want to be able to play Killer Instinct and Blitz without any hiccups. Even games like the MK games and NBA Jam can be a pain to get working right on the setup I have. You have to make sure to use the right emulator version or tweak the settings on the ones that play at like 10fps by default.

Just wanted to give some input from someone who's been there before. The pi setup is still great though and was easier to get going than the PC version was so it's not like it is bad or anything.

bread's done
Back