The "KILL STEEN KILL" Kevin Steen Wrestling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going public was the most fucktarded thing the WWE ever did to its own product in hindsight. The product has been the most sterile it has ever been and the stock has taken a god awful dive from just 2 years ago.

[quote name='Scorch']It's been out for a few days. KaneRobot and I were talking about it earlier in this thread.[/QUOTE]

For ios or android? Because this conversation is about android.

[quote name='Haggar']For ios or android? Because this conversation is about android.[/QUOTE]

I know. I read your posts. It's been available on ios and android smartphones for days. I don't know if it's available for android based tablets, try clicking here on your kindle fire and see what happens.

[quote name='Scorch']I know. I read your posts. It's been available on ios and android smartphones for days. I don't know if it's available for android based tablets, try clicking here on your kindle fire and see what happens.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that link. I have an android phone and could download from the link you gave, but I'm going to hope for an android tablet app.

Edit: signed in with my kindle fire an only a phone app for android is available at this time.

No biggie, maybe sometime soon. Thanks for the help.

Lol once again another Brock match ends and the opponent gets 10 mins of spotlight afterward as if he just didn't get his ass beat a short while ago. Shocked Brock won though.

I didn't evne realize that show was tonight. Just read up on it...was the "you tapped out" chant during Triple H's "applaud me because I lost but made a valiant effort and also I'm Triple H" moment as funny as it sounded on paper, or was it just a 5 second thing that died out right away?

[quote name='Scorch']I know. I read your posts. It's been available on ios and android smartphones for days. I don't know if it's available for android based tablets[/QUOTE]

I had it on the Nexus 7, so the tablet version is there. I did have to download it from the browser-based version of the Google Play store instead of the GP app, although by now they may both have it.

[quote name='renique46']5 second afterthought, crowd didnt know wtf to do at times.[/QUOTE]

It sounded like the announcers didn't know wtf they were doing either.

[quote name='Haggar']Thanks for that link. I have an android phone and could download from the link you gave, but I'm going to hope for an android tablet app.

Edit: signed in with my kindle fire an only a phone app for android is available at this time.

No biggie, maybe sometime soon. Thanks for the help.[/QUOTE]

Kindle Fire does not use the Google Play Store. Developers have to put their product in the Amazon App Store also for it to work on Fire and WWE probably has not got around to it yet.

Well, we are definitely not in the attitude era any longer...

A rep for the WWE tells TMZ ... the reports are 100% FALSE. The "Limp Bizkit" frontman didn't get the boot, he just felt so bad following the incident, he immediately went backstage to apologize for his actions.

The rep notes, "We appreciate Fred’s apology. However, we take our family-friendly environment very seriously and this was a violation of that. We sincerely apologize to our fans.”

http://www.tmz.com/2012/08/20/fred-durst-not-booted-from-wwe-summerslam-for-flipping-the-brird/

It's funny how a company run by super-nutso Republicans (so much so that the former CEO is dropping over $80 *million* to lose two subsequent Senate races) can force their product to be ultra sterile and PC.

WWE is straight up for kids. Talk about some lame ass shit, issuing a press release for Fred Durst flipping off the camera on PPV of all places. I'm over WWE, same ol basic spot matches, same ol robotic scripted promos, it's for kids. Now on Impact, you see moves and spots you'd never see in WWE, wrestlers cutting their own promos and you don't get a press release for Daniels shooting you the bird every week with his fingers taped up.

That's just mind blowing. I'm surprised that they even acknowledge the attitude era. Austin used to do that every time he was on camera, even if they did blur it. How could you even have an Austin like character in this environment? I guess it's a good thing he got out when he did, otherwise we'd have "Hug and Tickle" Steve Austin.

edit- I'm also starting to see who wears the pants in the McMahon family I believe. With all his attitude, Vince still bows to his wife.

Right. The layers there are kinda complex and maniacal when you think about it.

1) Fred Durst news in 2012
2) WWE getting mainstream press
3) Wait, this news story is about a crude has-been rock band front man giving the finger to a camera?
4) And he left the venue (or apologized, or was booted, whatever you believe) over it?
5) and WWE issued a press release/public statement about it?

I mean, all of those things.

Now, tell you what: Piers Morgan doing the crotch chop? That would be news. Fred Durst giving the finger to a camera on television? That's mundane beyond comprehension.

It was a total and complete non-story until WWE went overboard.

If Linda gets elected, John Cena will be suspended for calling JBL "poopy."

[quote name='Clak']edit- I'm also starting to see who wears the pants in the McMahon family I believe. With all his attitude, Vince still bows to his wife.[/QUOTE]

Who wears the pants? Dollar Bill McMahon. He wants to do what he can to help Linda get elected, so she can help pass laws to keep their tax rates and law avoidance ("independent contractor" vs "employee") working in their favor. It isn't necessarily Linda that runs the show, but Vince knows if he makes Trish Stratus bark like a dog on national TV, his wife's campaign is done for. So he's overcompensating to an astonishingly craven degree. Apologizing for the relatively typical actions of a person in the crowd? That's patronizing on the surface. I was at a ballgame earlier this year, and a dude in the crowd who was on the big tron flashed "The Shocker." Wasn't kicked out, the Reds didn't issue an apology or press release, nobody was arrested. They just changed the camera angle very, *very* quickly. End of fucking story.

Same thing as what I said about AW a few pages back, but on an even dumber level. Would have been a non-story if WWE wasn't so desperate for any kind of mainstream mention that they decided to try to make a story out of it. Also, did you know that WWE has more Facebook likes than Right Said Fred, Andy Dick, and Grace Jones COMBINED?

Yet they continue to show the fan in the Hot Rod shirt flipping the same bird after the Bolsheviks-Hart Foundation match at Wrestlemania VI on every release. I'd have thought that would have been edited years ago.

That's a good point, he just wants a McMahon in politics. Part of of me thinks, "why doesn't he just run himself?", but that would be such a hilarious failure that he'd never save face.

369617_100000805325623_317813205_s.jpg

Chris Masters Tweeted a photo on Sunday afternoon that got a lot of people questioning his mental state and his well being. Masters tweeted a shirtless picture of himself holding a gun to his head with the caption, “My only fear of death reincarnation!” If holding a gun to his head isn’t a bad enough sign, he was also holding a drink in his other hand, which could mean he was under the influence of alcohol at the time of the stunt. Masters posted an apology on Monday:

“I apologize to those who took the gun pic serious.Wasnt real!And I am not suicidal at all.But why are we all so uptight nowadays.Just a pic!”

A0pg4SrCYAAWFB9.jpg_large.jpg

[quote name='pimpster4183']WWE is straight up for kids. Talk about some lame ass shit, issuing a press release for Fred Durst flipping off the camera on PPV of all places. I'm over WWE, same ol basic spot matches, same ol robotic scripted promos, it's for kids. Now on Impact, you see moves and spots you'd never see in WWE, wrestlers cutting their own promos and you don't get a press release for Daniels shooting you the bird every week with his fingers taped up.[/QUOTE]

Or for the female audience member that yelled at the top of her lungs "You got knocked the fuk out" at someone who i can't recall during the last ppv when they got splattered outside the ring in front of her.

Also, on another topic, summing up Paul Heyman's promo at the start of RAW tonight: "Brock Lesnar, badder than a torn quad."

TIL Chris Masters is a bigger attention whore than I had thought

TIL People who work as amusement park characters believe they are actors

I listened to a couple Chris Masters shoot interviews, and I'd wager that his IQ is around 30 - 35.

In one, he used "genre" so far out of context that it made me lolol.

So who is getting the 50 Greatest Finishers DVD or Blu? I'm debating on whether I should buy it or wait till I can rent it from Netflix.

I agree with most of the choices on the list but the order is very debatable since a few moves are listed several times with the different folks that did them.

I enjoy watching the promo for the Undertaker DVD where Triple H says, "(the streak) will never be duplicated again."

Cerebral assassin!!1!1!

Been on my mind since last night. Is anyone else thinking Taker vs. Lesnar at next WM? Ugh, possibly Trips as ref? ...or is that too far out for them not to mess up.

[quote name='sykotek']Been on my mind since last night. Is anyone else thinking Taker vs. Lesnar at next WM? Ugh, possibly Trips as ref? ...or is that too far out for them not to mess up.[/QUOTE]

I thought that was what everyone was thinking. Not with H as ref necessarily, but since they burned Cena/Lesnar right away, that was kind of the only logical WM match other than the mega-mainstream attention match of Rock vs Brock II, but Rock having a match with Punk or more likely a Cena rematch seems like the way they'd go.

Hate the fact that Hunter is going to almost assuredly get his win back in a couple months. This whole thing would be a lot better in build up if Lesnar wasted the two main guys in the company and now an aging,"his era already ended" Undertaker was the last hope. Instead it's one win, two loss Lesnar that is supposed to be the ultimate threat.

Regardless of how it plays out, if they pull a Taker/H at WM 17 and pretend Taker/Brock HIAC didn't happen, they are fucking retarded. "I beat you at your own game when you were 10 years younger. You have no chance of surviving, let alone winning."

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, UT/Lesnar seems likely for Wrestlemania. Especially with Brock saying how he's accomplished everything in the WWE. Obviously the one thing that he hasn't done is beat Taker at WM.

[quote name='WrasslorMonkey']Here In case you're wondering :D[/QUOTE]

You don't have to tell me. I'm following you on Twitter and check the site regularly. :)

Spent about 15 seconds looking around but couldn't find it. Does ROH still have their forum? I remember, say, six or seven years ago, when fans would pay to be a "premium forum members" or something. Oh, no wait, it's 2012. Maybe seven or eight years ago.

Took a look at their roster. Mike Mondo is a good addition. I've been a fan. Looks like he has hit the PEDs. Sort of an interesting state of affairs when I see people like TJ Perkins and Jimmy Ja— Zombie, uh, Princess, and think, "Wouldn't mind them signing to TNA."

I know it's been said before but "Zombie Princess" is a weird name/gimmick/sandwich/lifestyle.

[quote name='Demolition Man']Looks like a certain someone is getting ROH bookings again....

http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/american-wolf-returns-chicago-ridge[/QUOTE]

Y'know what? He's a good wrestler, has great intensity, and there's enough plausible deniability/equal responsibility w/r/t that booker he fucked.

Now, he's not the greatest guy in the world, but I've bought enough WWE merch/tickets/etc over the years to line the pockets of a lot of assholes with bar money for the night.

If I was running a business and wanted to make money, I'd hire him and use him on my roster. Wouldn't you?

[quote name='mykevermin']Y'know what? He's a good wrestler, has great intensity, and there's enough plausible deniability/equal responsibility w/r/t that booker he fucked.

Now, he's not the greatest guy in the world, but I've bought enough WWE merch/tickets/etc over the years to line the pockets of a lot of assholes with bar money for the night.

If I was running a business and wanted to make money, I'd hire him and use him on my roster. Wouldn't you?[/QUOTE]

I can totally get behind this sentiment. I've always been a fan of the guy's ringwork. His attitude could use some work, but as my previous post suggests, he seemed to have done something to have gotten back in the good graces of Cornette and co.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back