The "KILL STEEN KILL" Kevin Steen Wrestling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been watching the Saturday Night's Main Event set over the past few days. It's brought back so many good memories of when I actually loved wrestling and watched it out of excitement, rather than out of habit.

So, in light of G-rated WWE, TNA has been pretty solid. They even appear to be giving the "Crackhead baby daddy" story less TV time. (From what I've read. I only watch what they put on their official YouTube channel.) If so, that means Lagana and Co. actually take into consideration what the fans say. And that would be a good thing.

Realize: Big Bird wins Lieberman's senate seat and there ain't no turning back for WWE. Prepare yourselves for a Sesame Street invasion and Barney as the new RAW general manager.

[quote name='Brak']I've been tossing around the idea of plunking down on a N64 USB controller so I can play some Aki N64 wrestling titles on my PC.

Just so it feels natural, y'know?[/QUOTE]

I have an N64 controller adapter for my PC and tried playing some of the AKI wrestling games on my PC....it was not good. It's amazing after all these years there still isn't a great N64 "program" out there.

Anyways, I think I'm ok with the WWE 13 roster. I'm not crazy about three HHH's but whatever. So many different wrestlers have multiple versions of themselves, which I guess is ok but it kind of feels like they fudged the whole "biggest roster in WWE games history" thing. I didn't buy last years game and will pick this years up just for the Attitude Era stuff. I just wish these games played like the N64 era games or hell even like the Day of Reckoning games.

The Claire storyline in TNA is dying because the actress who plays her had her personal site and credits revealed and playing a cracked out whore in TNA is bad for her career.

Keep in mind that though WWE is trying to do a G-rated Saturday morning show, their old morning Superstars show had Warrior locked in a casket, Macho bitten by a cobra, Damien squashed into Quakeburgers, and Marty Jannetty dive through a plate glass window to escape Shawn Michaela.

[quote name='JJSP']The Claire storyline in TNA is dying because the actress who plays her had her personal site and credits revealed and playing a cracked out whore in TNA is bad for her career.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's really gonna fuck up her chances at getting cast as "astonished woman #3" in the infomercial for the "Super Shamwow."

LOL. She signed on for it so she must have thought the addition to the acting resume would have helped in some way.

[quote name='mykevermin']yeah, it's really gonna fuck up her chances at getting cast as "astonished woman #3" in the infomercial for the "super shamwow."[/quote]

qft

Has there been any word on how well the new ecw Dvd/bluray has sold? I'm hoping for more ecw releases.

I remember hearing the rise and fall of ecw was the #2 selling video in wwf history, and then presumably they stopped mentioning it when it (allegedly) became their #1 selling Dvd because it wasn't a wwf Dvd.

[quote name='JP']Lesnar Fan and Daniel Bryan face to face yelling yes/no at each other. Nice.[/QUOTE]

Ha, that was classic! I will say, I enjoyed the Ziggler/Jericho match.

They opened fairly strong. Considering the lackluster build up to the PPV I'm surprised really. I haven't watched Raw in two weeks and it seems I haven't missed much when I look back at the results.

Man they really want to get the most use out of their props but that big Awesome is just worthless. They should replace his entrance music/video with the video from that Wrestlemania. Modified of course, mainly the last minute or two but that was good.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='pitfallharry219']I'm trying hard to think about the last top title feud I cared about as little as I care about Del Rio/Sheamus.[/QUOTE]
Any time Cena was champ in the last 3 years?

[quote name='JP']Any time Cena was champ in the last 3 years?[/QUOTE]

I was at least interested in those to see Cena possibly lose (ha). I just don't give a shit about this match.

I had no idea they actually gave money to a real actress to play "Claire." Safe to say: Could pick someone off the street and find someone better at acting. Girl needs to assess her career and possibly seek new options.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']I'm trying hard to think about the last top title feud I cared about as little as I care about Del Rio/Sheamus.[/QUOTE]

When did they last hoist Rey Jr. into the world title scene?

I'd say Lawler has the worst line of the night so far: "Sheamus' karma just ran over Alberto's dogma."

[quote name='JJSP']
Keep in mind that though WWE is trying to do a G-rated Saturday morning show, their old morning Superstars show had Warrior locked in a casket, Macho bitten by a cobra, Damien squashed into Quakeburgers, and Marty Jannetty dive through a plate glass window to escape Shawn Michaela.[/QUOTE]

I see what you did there.

I just finished the Undertaker streak blu-ray. Some amazing matches there that I never saw at the time. I think my favorite remains the first HBK/UT match but their second clash has quite possibly my favorite tombstone of all time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZFYEzH1YeA

[quote name='Chase']I had no idea they actually gave money to a real actress to play "Claire." Safe to say: Could pick someone off the street and find someone better at acting. Girl needs to assess her career and possibly seek new options.

When did they last hoist Rey Jr. into the world title scene?[/QUOTE]

Rey had the WWE Championship for an hour after Punk left (he beat Miz for it in the finals of a multi-week tourney) then had to face Cena the same night (after HHH as COO "reinstated" him) and lost to him. Punk then debuted with "new" music after Cena won. (I actually didn't know this was his RoH music until I recently saw his leaving RoH in-ring promo.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0Yh5BYY0HU

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank goodness for the obligatory "Divas can't dance" and "Shitty pop song of the month" segment combo. I was getting a little thirsty.

[quote name='Brak']What's TMZ's newfound fascination with professional wrestling? :lol:[/QUOTE]

They've had WWE guest hosts for the TV show since late 2010. I remember Cena and Miz post-WWE title win specifically.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Boo. No Tensai? I wanted to reform the X Factor with some Asian flair.

The guys I wish were in: Angle, The Hardys, The Dudleys, and Crispin Wah.[/QUOTE]

There's still Smackdown vs. Raw 2007. There's a reason GS still charges $9.99 for it.

[quote name='mykevermin']Why are we supposed to boo Lesnar again?[/QUOTE]

Because Vince, HHH, and Stephanie hate UFC and wonder why it gets better ratings than it's family friendly alternative.

Post Summerslam thoughts:

First and foremost, I cannot believe that they agreed to let a "UFC guy" go over Triple H on a major PPV. If nothing else, I thought HHH would be dominated, hit a pedigree and win it. Vince would love to do that to Dana. Vince built Brock, sure, but he's been in this angle as a UFC guy.. an outsider, if you will. I still can't get over that HHH lost. I love it.

HHH/Lesnar was infinitely more entertaining than Cena/Lesnar. When Brock yelled "Not the stomach", I thought he was legit hurt due to his past history with stomach issues. They booked it to where both guys looked strong, but Brock was the stronger guy this night.

I'm happy Cesaro won the title, I'm happy that Miz retained. I think that the PTP should've won the straps. I can't believe Punk retained - I thought the rumor of Cena winning, losing it to Rock at the Rumble then Punk winning it again at Wrestlemania was a fantastic idea. I'm surprised that Jericho went over Ziggler, especially since A.) Jericho's on his way out and soon, and B.) Ziggler's the MITB winner and should be booked to look strong.

Overall, a decent PPV.

That...was about as smart as they could have possibly played that match. Nice touch with playing up Brock's publicly known medical history.

What a damn shame we are in the PG kid friendly era. Otherwise they could....
Make Trips go on a severe drunken bender because he failed his wife, kids, and the WWEUniverse. We could have him come out on Raw in a drunken stupor to apologize, puke all over Cole, and then dissapear. Then Scooby-Doo could be called in to hunt for him because nobody has heard from him in months, only to find him face down in the gutter and working as a short order cook to pay for his drinking habit. CM Punk could then lecture him on the eror of his ways, convince him that Str8 edge is the way to be, help him recover and make a come back in time for WM 29 to have a rematch. However this rematch would have to be a 3 way dance between Trips, Lesnar, and Taker.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Rey had the WWE Championship for an hour after Punk left (he beat Miz for it in the finals of a multi-week tourney) then had to face Cena the same night (after HHH as COO "reinstated" him) and lost to him. Punk then debuted with "new" music after Cena won. (I actually didn't know this was his RoH music until I recently saw his leaving RoH in-ring promo.)[/QUOTE]

Ah, right. I'm far from a fan of Rey Jr. in the world title scene. Simply because he has a habit of being more tiresome than John Cena.

And thanks for the money, WWE.

qjvtS.png

175-percent ROI. (I feel dirty.)

Damn Chase, high five for being brazen enough to actually bite on that line. They want to bet on a known fixed match, all fair I say.

[quote name='ced']Damn Chase, high five for being brazen enough to actually bite on that line. They want to bet on a known fixed match, all fair I say.[/QUOTE]

Thank you, sir. Lesnar at -160 was a steal. Last I saw, he became a favorite up to around -500. Must have been easy money for the books. You have to figure there are people dumb enough to put chalk down against the favorites in wrasslin. (Betting any later than a week after the lines went up would have been a complete waste of money. It's wrasslin.)

[quote name='Haggar']Dont see it in the kindle fire store.[/QUOTE]

They just put a promo out for it on their YT channel tonight. The video was posted right after the US title match.

[quote name='MSUHitman']They just put a promo out for it on their YT channel tonight. The video was posted right after the US title match.[/QUOTE]

No sweat. I'm just curious about it. Might take awhile for it to show up in the store.

At today’s SummerSlam Axxess event at the Nokia Plaza at L.A. LIVE, a fan brought a sign reading “BE A STAR” and featuring a printed screenshot of WWE chief Vince McMahon distorting his face in a backstage segment on Raw two months ago to ridicule Jim Ross’ facial paralysis—it was confiscated by security.

The Wrestling Observer reported then that there was concern among WWE higher-ups over McMahon’s mean-spirited portrayal of Ross as it could blow up in the organization’s face if media outlets and Linda McMahon’s U.S. Senate competition caught wind of it. The Creative Coalition, which formed a multi-platform, nationwide anti-bullying alliance with WWE, “be a STAR,” would appear hypocritical by conducting business with an organization that practices what they preach against.

[quote name='MSUHitman']They just put a promo out for it on their YT channel tonight. The video was posted right after the US title match.[/QUOTE]

It's been out for a few days. KaneRobot and I were talking about it earlier in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back