The "KILL STEEN KILL" Kevin Steen Wrestling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
News sites saying the scratch logo may be ok to not be blurred from here on out. I really hope so...shame they had to shit up so many DVD releases over the past 10 years or however long it has been.

[quote name='neocisco']Whenever someone wants to complain about TNA's pay structure, take a moment to remember this.[/QUOTE]

Why? TNA fucks over employees, so does WWE.

Because people vilify TNA and champion the Dobble Dobble because they grew up wearing Hulkster Underoos.

Well, that grantland article on Nash is very timely, since he points out how the Kliq helped guys (themselves) make more money. Hate on Nash, but the Kliq essentially formed a "mini union" to protect themselves and their financial interests (they would protest if they thought paydays were unfairly distributed amongst performers in the match, as Nash notes in the article - funny that Triple H is the guy using his union-tactic-dervied millions to support the sycophant Romney these days - but I digress).

Their unionization tactics led to other performers getting downside guarantees that they didn't get before that era. They wanted to keep employees happy so they wouldn't go to WCW. It would appear that they're reversing that trend, since there's no real competition (money wise) to seek out unless you're already part of the gilded class in wrestling such that Dixie Carter is a money mark for you.

JTG's "rant" (it really wasn't that impressive) was rumored to have been due to really poor Wrestlemania paydays they received.

Zack's push doesn't really get under my skin, since we all know WWE micromanages the product and doesn't allow anything to happen that they don't want to happen. It's unfortunate that so many talented guys buy into the brass ring grabbing myth. But the idea that Zack Ryder is now losing out on residual checks from YouTube now so that WWE can earn an additional meager amount of money is fuckin' straight dastardly.

What was that they said about improved commentary in WWE '13?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brAtNl8MJ6Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIaN04ZZPkI

Nice blur on Stone Cold's fingers at the end.. *sigh*

Also, I knew that TNA's game had fantastic character models.. but.. wow.

DKXDk.jpg

:rofl:

[quote name='kodave']Just wait until the media gets a hold of that. Obviously Chris Benoit made the guy do it. Too many years of watching Benoit do flying headbutts on TV.[/QUOTE]
IMAW_Wrestling_DanielBryan0.jpg

I really don't know which one is worse: Micheal Cole on Monday nights, or robot Micheal Cole in WWE '13......

Maybe I will just go buy the Impact wrasslin game preowned again and call it a day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icO0T79QX1U

WCW arenas? Nope. There's older WWF PPV arenas, though.

"We focus on the WWE side of things, they were really getting beat down in the Monday Night Wars and were on the brink of bankruptcy.."

So, no WCW arenas, and Cory thinks the WWF almost went out of business? K.

It's also worth noting that there's "Angle Sucks!" chants at the beginning of the video.. surely that doesn't mean..

I've mentioned this before, but that Booker T. character model looks like a character from Zoobilee Zoo.

[quote name='Brak']I've mentioned this before, but that Booker T. character model looks like a character from Zoobilee Zoo.[/QUOTE]

Well fuck it does look like Ben Vereen with a lion face prosthetic.

Man I hate that I will probably buy WWE 13', because I always cave and end up getting it in the first month. I really wish they didn't cancel ALL-STARS 2 or at least used some aspects of that for 13'. I really loved that game.

We noted earlier that WWE Hall of Famer Edge and Tommy Dreamer would be appearing at Dave and Busters on Delaware Avenue in Philadelphia on October 7th to promote Dreamer’s House of Hardcore. The signing is actually a RF Video signing. The two stars will be appearing from 2pm until 5pm. Prices are $100 for a combo with Edge that includes a photo and autograph. Extra autographs will be $40. Tommy Dreamer’s combo will be $25 or you can go $15 for a photo only and $15 for an autograph only.
Though I'm sure some fans will pay this, I've still got a vision in my head of "Wrestling Superstar Edge".

scaled.php

That D&B is like half a mile from my house. Never been there on account of it being a fucking Dave & Buster's.

But it is usually *bumpin* almost every bloody night. Amazes me, since parking nearby is $11.

[quote name='kodave']Bryan and Santino have been doing headbutts for a long time.

Triple H and HBK also used the crossface regularly post-Benoit. Bryan's LeBell/Yes/No Lock is similar to the crossface but not the exact same move.

At any rate, the Benoit thing was years ago. It's time to incorporate his moves back into the wrestling universe and make them "okay" again. That way they lose significance as "Benoit's moves." I'm pretty sure that's why HHH and HBK used the crossface to begin with. To make it okay to use again.[/QUOTE]

The Rock started using the Sharpshooter at some point after Montreal for the same reason.

[quote name='Brak']Because people vilify TNA and champion the Dobble Dobble because they grew up wearing Hulkster Underoos.[/QUOTE]

:lol: Yeah, pretty much.

[quote name='kodave']Now I just want to see that Wade Barrett video with no other audio but Where Is My Mind.[/QUOTE]

That was fantastic. And I had a genuine "LOL" moment when he cut to Michael J. Fox during Kelly Kelly's return. :lol:

Saw this on their YouTube channel. Somewhat surprising list of fantasy matches that have and will never happen. I think they mean to troll the Internet populace with number three. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEgKhPnQXQA

^Pardon. Spoiler tags aren't working.

Dudes in the number two slot have never had a match? Shit, am I getting that old to where I can't remember this stuff?

Of course, my list would start with something like Ziggler-Hennig, Raven-CM Punk and Del Rio-DiBiase somewhere in between, and "Anton Chigurh" Jericho-1994 Douglas-1996 Hart as the co-headline with something like Savage-Angle or WCW DDP-2002 Rock as the main event. Makes me want to get the latest WWE game if it didn't use the Toukon Retsuden engine.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='kodave']That's actually a really good list considering how bad WWE lists usually are.[/QUOTE]

Yep. Four Horsemen and Evolution stretches credulity as a match - but that makes me wonder: what do y'all think the #2 wrestling stable of all time is/was? There's no doubt that the Horsemen are #1, and if you disagree, I hope your house burns down.

Kidding.

But who would #2 be? I've gotta be honest, I have to think about that question. Some stables never really get to a level of worthwhile (Dungeon of Doom or whatever Sullivan's stable was), some are midcard on their best days (or worse, The Oddities), and yet some come and go so quick we forget they even happened (The Union). But who is #2? Part of me thinks the reason that's such a hard question to answer is because the Horsemen were so good that there's no stable in the same universe as them, no clear #2. You have to look miles below the Horsemen to even begin to see the existence of other stables, let alone clearly see how they would be hierarchically arranged.

(also, I'd really dispute that some groups of manager's charges, like the Heenan Family, Dangerous Alliance, or Fuller's Stud Stable, were really "stables" since they rarely interacted with each other. Stables had a more significant linkage than just sharing the same manager.)

I'd have to go with early run nWo personally. They had the biggest guys from the other promotion and did a lot to bring wrestling further into the mainstream - for better or worse - with the Dennis Rodman, Karl Malone, and Jay Leno involvement. Which reminds me, the exclusion of nWo vs DX is surprising.

I'm also surprised at how good that list was, and how many TNA guys were on it.

DX and nWo are tied for #2 in my eyes. It's a shame the Corporation/Corporate Ministry didn't get a longer run.

I would have to go with the nWo also in the early stages with Nash, Hall, and Hogan cause nobody could mess with them. It sucked when they started to just add too many folks but it worked best with those three.

Another group I would suggest is the Freebirds cause they created a rule in Tag Team wrestling for their antics as a group that is still known in wrestling circles.

Good call on Freebirds.

nWo was a cool idea in theory, but I think it's glory days (the Hall/Nash/Hogan era) was far too brief - the bulk of its existence was crap. See also: nWo in WWF.

Horsemen were awesome far longer than they were trash (a/k/a the Mongo and Jeff Jarrett periods).

Then again, there is also Paul Roma...

hmmmm.

[quote name='mykevermin']Good call on Freebirds.

nWo was a cool idea in theory, but I think it's glory days (the Hall/Nash/Hogan era) was far too brief - the bulk of its existence was crap. See also: nWo in WWF.

Horsemen were awesome far longer than they were trash (a/k/a the Mongo and Jeff Jarrett periods).

Then again, there is also Paul Roma...

hmmmm.[/QUOTE]

You mean kinda like DX?

^ But do they still have to edit out "WWF" on all their old audio? Because that stuff is pretty annoying, too.

Ehhh, RVB, I dunno. The New Age Outlaws were a good fit, and everyone knew Kid was a member of the Klique, so it all fit together.

Their most recent run as wink-and-a-nudge merchandise shilling machines, dumping "poopy" on McMahons, shipping Spirit Squad to OVW, and so on - that's when that shit got old. The entire 2008+ existence of DX has been a parody of itself (which was pretty satirical in its own right, making it pretty meta, albeit unintentionally).

[quote name='mykevermin']^ But do they still have to edit out "WWF" on all their old audio? Because that stuff is pretty annoying, too.

Ehhh, RVB, I dunno. The New Age Outlaws were a good fit, and everyone knew Kid was a member of the Klique, so it all fit together.

Their most recent run as wink-and-a-nudge merchandise shilling machines, dumping "poopy" on McMahons, shipping Spirit Squad to OVW, and so on - that's when that shit got old. The entire 2008+ existence of DX has been a parody of itself (which was pretty satirical in its own right, making it pretty meta, albeit unintentionally).[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I should have been more specific in my quoting in narrowing it down to your specific mention of the glory days of nWo being too brief. If you look at when DX was really at its best it was about a 2 year run really. It sputtered out real quick in the grand scheme of things with the large majority of DX being a complete joke, not in the way they intended but in a "these guys are way too old for this and this is way too forced now."

I guess they really moved fast on that Saturday morning show. It starts in two weeks on the CW network.

And I kinda want to see this tournament:

CHIKARA’s 2012 King of Trios tournament will feature a Team WWF that consists of Sean Waltman as The 1-2-3 Kid, Tatanka and PJ Walker (Justin Credible) working as Aldo Montoya. The tournament will also feature the team of The Warlord, Meng and The Barbarian plus an ECW team with Tommy Dreamer, 2 Cold Scorpio and Jerry Lynn.

[quote name='Chase']Of course, my list would start with something like Ziggler-Hennig, Raven-CM Punk and Del Rio-DiBiase somewhere in between, and "Anton Chigurh" Jericho-1994 Douglas-1996 Hart as the co-headline with something like Savage-Angle or WCW DDP-2002 Rock as the main event. Makes me want to get the latest WWE game if it didn't use the Toukon Retsuden engine.[/QUOTE]

I thought Raven/Punk had a feud in ROH, and/or TNA? I can't remember.

[quote name='HydroX']I thought Raven/Punk had a feud in ROH, and/or TNA? I can't remember.[/QUOTE]

Both actually. However the ROH one is the more memorable one. The TNA one was short and very forgettable.

[quote name='mykevermin']Right-o. It had as much charm and dignity as the actors who returned for that American Pie movie that came out this year.[/QUOTE]

That movie is so fucking bad. In the majority of the scenes they weren't even trying to act - just phoned in some of the most lackluster performances I've ever seen. Hell, I'm not even sure why Alyson Hannigan was even in it because she certainly didn't play Michelle. Lilly from HIMYM is closer to Michelle than Michelle was in that movie.

Great news about the logo. Not great that they had to shit up 10 years of DVD releases until they convinced themselves to start a network and realized they should get that resolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back