The "KILL STEEN KILL" Kevin Steen Wrestling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So King of Trios is a 3 day event and then they sell a DVD of it down the road? I wish they had IPPV I would pay for all the shows.

[quote name='Habbler']So King of Trios is a 3 day event and then they sell a DVD of it down the road? I wish they had IPPV I would pay for all the shows.[/QUOTE]

Looking at their web store, it looks like they sell discs of each night separately for $15.

Personally, I don't consider the later tag-era HHH and HBK to be DX...that'd be like saying HBK was a valued NWO member.

I'm gonna catch shit for saying this, but number 2 stable of all time for me was The Corporation.

Pure comedy value though goes to The Mean Street Posse. I don't know why but I always laughed my ass off, even when they weren't trying to be funny.

I always liked the Dangerous Alliance stable in WCW back around 91. I remember being a kid and going to the Halloween Havok PPV in 91 live and Rick Rude was the mystery guy who joined the stable that night. But it had Paul Heyman, Rude, Stunning Steve, Arn Anderson and one of my all time favs Beautiful Bobby Eaton.

[quote name='bilbobagins3']At least the new Best of the Attitude Era DVD/Blu coming out this year will now be really worth buying.[/QUOTE]

I'm not totally sold yet. I want to be more certain of what limitations (audio, etc.) they might still have in place.

That said, it's a step in the right direction, but is it big enough of a step?

I'm certainly not claiming they're #2 but I always enjoyed The Varsity Club. Steiner and Rotundo fighting in the background while Sullivan cut promos always cracked me up as a kid. Bringing in Dr. Death to help push Steiner into his face turn was also pretty well done.

[quote name='mykevermin']I'm not totally sold yet. I want to be more certain of what limitations (audio, etc.) they might still have in place.

That said, it's a step in the right direction, but is it big enough of a step?[/QUOTE]

I assume they will just edit out the entrances.

For my top two I'll got with "Year 1" NWO, followed by the 80's Horsemen.

Dangerous Alliance is a good one that gets overlooked.

Original Nexus was good until they got Cena-tized.

Does 3 Man Demolition count? I hope not, since they are a pretty sad moment in history for me.

Original Ministry was an interesting idea (taking floundering talent and regimmicking them to be more dangerous) but they executed it pretty poorly.

[quote name='sykotek']Best stable... The Brood!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKW5nAQWVew

...okay, not really, just wanted an excuse to post this now that I've looked it up. Gangrel's theme is my favorite entrance theme from around the time of the Attitude Era.[/QUOTE]

Actually I totally forgot about them. They were a favorite for sure. Having them talk derailed them noticably, as did throwing them in with The Ministry. They could have made good use of The Brood by having them be irritating foils for The Ministry. Thought for sure they were going in that direction when they had The Ministry "hang" them...then later in the same show The Brood joined them. That's some Russo TV there.

Lol.
d53mD.jpg

That photo is pretty funny.

[quote name='xilly']The Brood music is still easily one of my favorite entrance themes ever.[/QUOTE]

Ever since I first heard the Brood music, I have heard the words "Helter Skelter" during the, uh, 'chorus.' (Around the 15-second mark.) Just me? (Quite possible that I could simply be crazy.)

[quote name='powercreep']No Nation of Domination love? Horsemen #1, Freebirds #2.[/QUOTE]

I liked the Nation especially during the Rock era but they just didn't have a better chemistry than DX during the Attitude Era so I would put them in my top 5 but not as high as 2.

No love for the No Limit Soldiers? LWO? Los Boricuas? What about Harlem Heat 2000? The Filthy Animals?

I'd have to go with the majority on the Horsemen. I honestly didn't mind Mongo being a Horseman, because he brought some much needed comedic value to the group.

[quote name='HydroX']No love for the No Limit Soldiers? LWO? Los Boricuas? What about Harlem Heat 2000? The Filthy Animals?

I'd have to go with the majority on the Horsemen. I honestly didn't mind Mongo being a Horseman, because he brought some much needed comedic value to the group.[/QUOTE]

pijobf4e8h-t.jpg

Horsemen #1, as for second I'd have to go with The Flock. No Idea why, but just because.

Sadly, I use Gangrels music in every single wrestling game for my own CAW theme.

That's not sad - the thing about Gangrel is he was WWE's sandman. All entrance, virtually unwatchable in the ring. Well, okay, he was better than that, but not a whole lot. Gangrel never had anything even remotely resembling a mat classic.

Think about it this way: hands up if you've ever said "oh, man, The Brood! Gangrel! I've gotta go check that out on YouTube again and relive the past!" - only to find a match, watch the entrance, and then close your browser window 50 seconds into the actual match.

:whee:

[quote name='pitfallharry219']The WCW version of Team Canada is one of the most underrated factions. It didn't help that they were feuding with a guy named Hugh G. Rection.[/QUOTE]

Plus they held the Saskatchewan Hardcore International Title.

[quote name='mykevermin']That's not sad - the thing about Gangrel is he was WWE's sandman. All entrance, virtually unwatchable in the ring. Well, okay, he was better than that, but not a whole lot. Gangrel never had anything even remotely resembling a mat classic.

Think about it this way: hands up if you've ever said "oh, man, The Brood! Gangrel! I've gotta go check that out on YouTube again and relive the past!" - only to find a match, watch the entrance, and then close your browser window 50 seconds into the actual match.

:whee:[/QUOTE]

That's kinda unfair. He had some good matches with X-Pac for the European title (as well as very watchable matches with low to midcard wrestlers). He was lost in the shuffle; WWF simply had an overbloated roster. Once Edge and Christian became popular he was simply thrown to the wayside. His finisher was awesome, in my opinion.

Do I think the gimmick was acceptable? Sure, it was different. I disliked his "pirate vampire" garb though. Kevin Thorn had a much cooler, modern look and his entrance theme was also very excellent. Sadly, they did little to nothing with him, especially after Ariel was fired and they cut his hair.

[quote name='HydroX']
hart_foundation.jpg
[/QUOTE]

It's simply amazing how much Bulldog reduces the coolness of that picture.

Also, makes me wonder how big Pillman would have gotten had he not passed away. :cry:

Also:

300px-RTC.jpg

And

05.jpg

[quote name='Dr. Venkman']It's simply amazing how much Bulldog's pants and fanny pack reduces the coolness of that picture.[/QUOTE]

Adjusted. Davey Boy was a fine wrestler, he just made poor choices in his personal attire. :D

[quote name='Dr. Venkman']It's simply amazing how much Bulldog reduces the coolness of that picture.[/QUOTE]

The Naked Mideon fanny pack looks good on nobody.

Nobody.

Ever.

AW Promotions is no more. I'm assuming Abraham Washington was released for his Kobe Bryant comment. From his Twitter:

@AWPromotions
I really do hope Linda wins that election because If not then all of this BS has been for nothing. #GoLinda!!

@AWPromotions
Thanks to the fans who showed me support over the whole Kobe thing and to those I upset I apologize again. Remember It's entertainment folks

‏@AWPromotions
I remember a time when the WWE didn't care about breaking the mold but now everyone is so afraid of their own shadow. #RemeberTheFans

@AWPromotions
Just be normal shut up and be a yes man so you can collect your check and feel like your special. #SELLOUTS!!

@AWPromotions
Let this be a lesson to up and coming talent in the WWE don't try and be great like the Rock or Stone Cold. WWE isn't the same...

@AWPromotions
I've offended the wrong people that taught me how to have ATTITUDE It was the #WWE that made me bold and now it has turned it's back on me

@AWPromotions
@TitusONeilWWE & @DarrenYoungWWE thank you for allowing me to speak on your behalf. You guys are the best and I'm glad to call u my friends!

‏@AWPromotions
AWPromotions is no more ladies and gentlemen. Thank you for your support and hate, it's been a great run. Now I get to do me which isn't PG!

[quote name='Tsel']AW Promotions is no more. I'm assuming Abraham Washington was released for his Kobe Bryant comment. From his Twitter:[/QUOTE]

Well at least he's not bitter :roll:

[quote name='Tsel']Holy shit, those are awesome.[/QUOTE]

For real!

[quote name='Purple Flames']Well at least he's not bitter :roll:[/QUOTE]

Oh, come on, PF. If this was Daniel Bryan and a necktie again the internet would be up in arms. Just because it's someone we may not care was released doesn't make his points less relevant.

The Hart Foundation in 1997, easily both for the USA/Canada angle and producing the following matches in such a short span:

Hart/Austin WM XIII
Owen/Bulldog European Title Finals
Owen/Bulldog vs. Austin/Michaels Raw 05/26/97 (Tag Team Title match)
Canadian Stampede 10 man tag
Hart/Undertaker SummerSlam 97

I may have not seen the posts, but has anyone else given mention to The Flock and The Dudley Family? Those two would be in my Top Five Factions.

[quote name='mykevermin']For real!

Oh, come on, PF. If this was Daniel Bryan and a necktie again the internet would be up in arms. Just because it's someone we may not care was released doesn't make his points less relevant.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. After thinking about it, you're right and I retract my knee-jerk reaction. WWE's product is so damn sanitary these days that people get punished for the slightest "offense". Reminds me of this exchange from The Simpsons:

Krusty: Folks, I've been in showbiz for 61 years. But now these jerks have sucked all the fun out. I don't need twelve suits telling me which way to pee.
Executive (Man): For "pee", could you substitute "whiz"?
Executive (Woman): I dunno, that could upset the Cheese Whiz people.
Executive (Man): I was just thinking that.

[quote name='mitch079']2 I really liked from ECW, those damn Dudleys and the Full Blooded Italians.[/QUOTE]

Totally had a brain fart and forgot the FBI. I agree.

It's been a long day. Totally forgot to mention the following topic, which is the reason why I came online in the first place: AW's firing is a shitty move by WWE. Might as well say goodbye to Darren Young and Titus O'Neil as they ain't going anywhere without a good manager. I look forward to seeing Young and Washington in TNA.

Looking around on Reddit and stumbled upon these custom WWE logos.

I like what they tried to do with this, but it's kind of difficult to decipher.
q2htN.jpg

This one is really good and looks both legit and professional.
vhzo2.jpg

[quote name='Chase']Totally had a brain fart and forgot the FBI. I agree.

It's been a long day. Totally forgot to mention the following topic, which is the reason why I came online in the first place: AW's firing is a shitty move by WWE. Might as well say goodbye to Darren Young and Titus O'Neil as they ain't going anywhere without a good manager. I look forward to seeing Young and Washington in TNA.[/QUOTE]

I think it's about time for Teddy to put the do-rag back on.

[quote name='bhk']The Hart Foundation in 1997, easily both for the USA/Canada angle and producing the following matches in such a short span:

Hart/Austin WM XIII
Owen/Bulldog European Title Finals
Owen/Bulldog vs. Austin/Michaels Raw 05/26/97 (Tag Team Title match)
Canadian Stampede 10 man tag
Hart/Undertaker SummerSlam 97[/QUOTE]

Well, they're certainly second in match quality, I think you make a solid case for that.

[quote name='Chase']I may have not seen the posts, but has anyone else given mention to The Flock and The Dudley Family? Those two would be in my Top Five Factions.[/QUOTE]

Flock? Nah. Dudleys? Hmm, I'm not sure. There really weren't any huge feuds/angles involving the whole family. It always felt to me that the center was Buh Buh Ray, D-Von, and Spike Dudley. Everyone else was generic, interchangeable window dressing as far as I'm concerned. Also, those three could work and get heat - hunt down the ECW-released Dudleys DVD for some jaw-droppingly offensive heel promos.

Hey! Here's a classic. This promo would have had them fired by WWE Corporate 73 times over.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrvkCA8gsAg

[quote name='Purple Flames']Agreed. After thinking about it, you're right and I retract my knee-jerk reaction. WWE's product is so damn sanitary these days that people get punished for the slightest "offense".[/QUOTE]

winner winner chicken dinner. makes you wonder just how 'rebellious' CM Punk is behind the scenes. I gotta admit, I haven't been impressed with much that he's done (outside of his matches) since MITB last year. He's still a lot of fun to watch in the ring, and he's head and shoulders above the rest of the roster in terms of his wrestling skill. But he's a cookie cutter WWE guy now who says "pipebomb," but the rest of what comes out of his mouth says "WWE Creative™." The guy is more open and honest on his twitter than he is on tee-vee. He's no rebel.

EDIT: Look, nobody here is gonna be upset that Abraham Washington was shitcanned. Nobody is gonna say that he had so much unused potential that he didn't get a chance to display. I think we all saw how many chances he had, and that he never really did anything with them. And we all know that being a male manager in WWE is more or less their "last chance to get over," since they have hated used managers for well over a decade. The writing was on the wall. But for Abraham Washington, that doesn't make it right. Not at all. And it's a shame for Titus and Darren, since they've become much better in terms of presenting themselves as wrestlers, their in-ring work clearly superior to when they started on NXT. Titus O'Neil was so bad on that show that I felt sad *for him* watching that show. Now he's stepped up in a big way, there's an *actual tag team!* in WWE right now, and AW being fired means they'll probably be repackaged, de-pushed, or released themselves. See also: "Devil's Advocate" Sean O'Haire after Roddy Piper was released for whatever it was way back then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back