The "KILL STEEN KILL" Kevin Steen Wrestling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
"not a work."

:rofl:

It's brilliant is what it is. Let's assume the 1% chance it's not a work: about time some ROH smart mark fuckfaces got punched out. Thin the herd.

[quote name='neocisco']Hopefully Michael Cole refers to a "Ochocinco-like headbutt" tomorrow night and is subsequently fired.[/QUOTE]

Johnson-like, now, yes?

Point taken nevertheless.

Did he go back to using his actual name? I stopped paying attention to the clown after that ridiculous name change. I even had a hard time just typing it out. Besides, it's WWE. Someone there probably thinks he just started using that name this year.

Guess that Steen incident was in fact a work..... which means I'm wrong. So I apologize.

[quote name='Sean Radican via PWTorch.com']PWTorch has learned that the show-closing segment with Kevin Steen striking two “fans” was a work according to multiple sources. The idea, which came from booker Hunter Johnston according to one source, was to get legitimate heat on Kevin Steen after his recent heel turn in New York at the “Best in the World” iPPV flopped. Both of the men who were struck were instructed to sell the attack like a fan would and not sell Steen’s attack like a wrestler. The second “fan” that got struck, who wrestles as "Mighty Mini" Mark Bourne in the northeast, turned the wrong way and ended up getting hit full-force in the face.

Radican’s Analysis: When I saw the attack live, I believed it was real because the second “fan” that Steen hit legitimately got clocked right in the face, which turned out to add more realism to the angle. I didn’t see the first “fan” get hit, but he sold it quite well. Unfortunately, Bourne took a hell of a blow that resulted in him bleeding from the mouth.

I’m not sure how this will add real heat to Steen’s act going forward given that he’s booked as the cool rebel opposed by Cornette’s fuddy duddy grandpa character on television. If ROH’s creative is bent on getting Steen real heel heat they’re going to have to change the way they present his character going forward. The crowd was definitely stunned last night after the angle unfolded and didn’t cheer for Steen, so perhaps that’s a step in the right direction.[/quote]

[quote name='Tsel']Went to the Chicago Comic Con today and met quite a few wrestlers. Shook hands with:

Kevin Nash - Actually had a conversation with him. After shaking his hand, he asked me where Punk was at so I told him and explained to him that they wouldn't let anyone back there to which he replies in a deep voice "Oh they'll let me in." Cool guy. Huge too.[/QUOTE]

Nash is one of the few guys I've bothered to go out of my way to meet and he was a really nice guy...and this was during his WCW-making-a-shitload-of-money days, so he really didn't have to be if he didn't want to.

Maryse - Okay, now here comes the absolute best story out of all of these. I walk up and I'm checking out her prices and stuff. I'm the only one near her at this time, mind you. She looks at me and asks me "Do you like Playboy?" and then proceeds to hand me a binder with all her nude photos in it and tells me I can look if I want. I'm dumbfounded and I'm just like "Uh, no I'm okay, thank you." Then her agent tells me I'm stepping up to the big leagues and plops down a nude trading card of her and says "This right here is the top seller." I go "I can imagine" and Maryse lets out a huge chuckle. At that point, I just asked if I could shake her hand and we both laughed it off.

I guess I get the approach they are taking there (they assume every wrestling + comics fan is a mouth-breathing basement dweller who jerks off all day, so that's who they try to appeal to and get $$$ out of)...but man, seeing that scenario in text form makes her and her agent seem pretty fucking creepy.

I completely forgot about this. My friend and I were standing near the line for the CM Punk photo op when he notices someone and just pokes me in the shoulder and points me in the direction. I had to snap a picture:

photobucket-37668-1344871633772.jpg

[quote name='Scorch']For those not sure who that is, it's Michael Corcoran, or the "Lesnar Fan".

(It's okay to link to his FB page because he did a reddit AMA and gave the link out)[/QUOTE]

Punk had some sort of interview, recently, saw Enthusiastic Brock Lesnar Fan, and had him do that thing he did in front of the crowd. I guess Punk is a fan of the Internet culture around pro wrestling?

Ric Flair apparently has a daughter who currently works at FCW as "Charlotte."

http://imgur.com/a/WzJCJ

The first question I have for you Habbler to find out is: is that the only shirt he owns or does he own 50 pairs of it?

[quote name='bhk']This is a decent list, I'd have moved some matches around to a different spot in the rankings. Specifically I think #3 is too high.

http://www.wwe.com/classics/25-greatest-wwe-summerslam-matches-of-all-time/[/QUOTE]

Forgot about that Harts/Demolition II match. That was a good one, even if the wrong team won. Something pretty cool (and probably unintentional) was the way that Neidhart was almost identically kneeling over Bret at the end of both their '88 loss and their '90 win.

[quote name='Tsel']I completely forgot about this. My friend and I were standing near the line for the CM Punk photo op when he notices someone and just pokes me in the shoulder and points me in the direction. I had to snap a picture:

photobucket-37668-1344871633772.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Seriously, is that the only shirt that guy owns?

[quote name='bhk']This is a decent list, I'd have moved some matches around to a different spot in the rankings. Specifically I think #3 is too high.

http://www.wwe.com/classics/25-greatest-wwe-summerslam-matches-of-all-time/[/QUOTE]

If #3 is too high, it's still a top 5 to me. I was so, so thrilled that HBK came back. I never heard or saw anything that made me think he was going to make a comeback to wrestle full time.

#1 is spot on. That whole event was pretty amazing and Bulldog really showed why he's one of the best guys to never have a world title.

I watched some old ECDub instead of RAW.

Hankering for a complete Nitro DVD set. I would plunk down some serious cash for that.

Can someone give me an invite to one of those one things that has the ratio and all of that other vague stuff? ;)

[quote name='Demolition Man']Sign of a "great" RAW = nobody talking about anything at all afterwards.[/QUOTE]

Heh. 4.5 hours between posts, all while Raw is on the air, and no discussion afterwards.

I was busy last night and didn't get home until 11:00 or so. Had it on DVR, so I turned it on while I was getting some work done for around 90 minutes. Looked up once when I heard the name "Roddy Piper." Turned it off when I was finished with my work and went to bed.

That's my review of Raw.

Also, AJ is hella overrated. Her acting "crazy" = straight to VHS quality. She needs to do more than "squint and tilt your head," but the writers need to stop writing scenes where she overhears people saying "crazy" or "nuts" or whatever and have her take it out of context. Derivative, uninspired, waste of time, cookie cutter, blaaaaaaaaand.

Worst part of it was them calling out JTG for his tweets and of course Shawns jab at the Mid carders. I honestly hope that they all start to speak up. Let them go on Strike, that would really ruin Linda's chances.

[quote name='mykevermin']Heh. 4.5 hours between posts, all while Raw is on the air, and no discussion afterwards.

I was busy last night and didn't get home until 11:00 or so. Had it on DVR, so I turned it on while I was getting some work done for around 90 minutes. Looked up once when I heard the name "Roddy Piper." Turned it off when I was finished with my work and went to bed.

That's my review of Raw.

Also, AJ is hella overrated. Her acting "crazy" = straight to VHS quality. She needs to do more than "squint and tilt your head," but the writers need to stop writing scenes where she overhears people saying "crazy" or "nuts" or whatever and have her take it out of context. Derivative, uninspired, waste of time, cookie cutter, blaaaaaaaaand.[/QUOTE]

She's lost a ton of steam since a few weeks before she was announced as the new GM. Now she's just kinda put the gimmick on auto-pilot and become Diet Stephanie.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']Worst part of it was them calling out JTG for his tweets and of course Shawns jab at the Mid carders. I honestly hope that they all start to speak up. Let them go on Strike, that would really ruin Linda's chances.[/QUOTE]

What did Michaels say?

[quote name='Purple Flames']She's lost a ton of steam since a few weeks before she was announced as the new GM. Now she's just kinda put the gimmick on auto-pilot and become Diet Stephanie.[/QUOTE]

She's got zero going for her except for the fact that she's cute. Really cute. I get it. And she doesn't look like your typical "I might as well be in Penthouse" WWE Diva, so hooray for her. But she's still promoted and hyped because fans objectify her because of her looks, not in spite of them.

We know she's a terrible actress, and nobody is getting behind her in-ring work as a reason to support her. And she's nothing remarkable on the mic, either. So what's left?

Right.

Huh.

Wrestling Observer suggests that WWE held a meeting last night where talent were allowed to air grievances, and none did so. So, I dunno. Is the entire locker room passive aggressive (i.e., they'll take to twitter, but not engage in conflict directly with their employer)? I doubt that very much.

In other news, WWE will be issuing new Wrestlemania royalty checks because the previous ones were small due to "clerical error."

Uh-huh. Yeah. Uh-huh. Sure.

[quote name='neocisco']C'mon, everyone knows that independent contractors fly commercial.[/QUOTE]

UPS 3-day select.

I will probably skip watching this week's RAW. A little nauseating to hear that Vince fed Cole that line and that Michaels made a passive-aggressive comment about the mid-card. Plus, AJ in a suit is infinitely less attractive. Stephanie McMahon made that gimmick and look work for, uh, a few reasons.

Made an effort to watch some of Hardcore Justice. The Styles-Daniels-Joe-Angle ladder match is very good. Sorta caught off guard by a few spots. But that's a good thing. Since his WCW days, I have had an opinion that AJ Styles is nothing more than a spot monkey. I'll probably have to evolve that opinion. Big difference over the last— Man, has it really been over 10 years?

Let's all hope TNA manages to sign Buh Buh to a new contract. I genuinely do not want to see him sign with WWE. However, as one of the Top 2 heels in wrasslin today, he deserves "WWE money." But, as a pro wrestling fan, I want to see him perform to his highest ability, as mega-heel Bully Ray, and there is no way that will happen in WWE. I think there would be a high chance that Vince signs The Dudley Boyz and jobs them out to the Justin Gabriel/Tyson Kidd team on Superstars just out of spite. Seems like Vince's M.O.

[quote name='Chase']Plus, AJ in a suit is infinitely less attractive. Stephanie McMahon made that gimmick and look work for, uh, a few reasons.[/QUOTE]

N (o)(o) ne I can think of.

[quote name='Chase']
I will probably skip watching this week's RAW. A little nauseating to hear that Vince fed Cole that line and that Michaels made a passive-aggressive comment about the mid-card. Plus, AJ in a suit is infinitely less attractive. Stephanie McMahon made that gimmick and look work for, uh, a few reasons.

Made an effort to watch some of Hardcore Justice. The Styles-Daniels-Joe-Angle ladder match is very good. Sorta caught off guard by a few spots. But that's a good thing. Since his WCW days, I have had an opinion that AJ Styles is nothing more than a spot monkey. I'll probably have to evolve that opinion. Big difference over the last— Man, has it really been over 10 years?[/QUOTE]

I think AJ in a suit beats her in those random plaid bikinis. Her craziness is cute but not enough to really hold "the Universe's" attention for too long.

I think AJ Styles has always been impressive. While he may sometimes be "spotty", he doesn't mess up spots nearly as much as a guy like Sabu did (which almost worked to Sabu's favor because of his unbalanced character, he should look like he's going to kill himself and/or others during matches). I can forgive Styles going for spots because most of his finishers/specialty moves are sort of knockout style maneuvers. I.e. he doesn't need to work someone's arm over and eventually go for an armbar for a submission because I can legitimately see one of his kicks knocking someone out.

[quote name='mykevermin']Wrestling Observer suggests that WWE held a meeting last night where talent were allowed to air grievances, and none did so. So, I dunno. Is the entire locker room passive aggressive (i.e., they'll take to twitter, but not engage in conflict directly with their employer)? I doubt that very much.[/QUOTE]

Either you're a veteran, comfortable with your current standing or have no pull. If going union is heel, they need to go nWo in that piece.

[quote name='ced']Either you're a veteran, comfortable with your current standing or have no pull. If going union is heel, they need to go nWo in that piece.[/QUOTE]

going union in Vince McMahon's company? That's not heel heat, that's X-Pac heat.

It's funny how HHH was a part of DX/Kliq, which was more or less a union, if an unofficial one. Now he's married to the daughter, of the owner, of the company he unionized against, how the fuck does that even happen?

[quote name='Clak']It's funny how HHH was a part of DX/Kliq, which was more or less a union, if an unofficial one. Now he's married to the daughter, of the owner, of the company he unionized against, how the fuck does that even happen?[/QUOTE]

America, fuck yeah.

[quote name='mykevermin']going union in Vince McMahon's company? That's not heel heat, that's X-Pac heat.[/QUOTE]

Crispin Wah heat.

[quote name='Clak']It's funny how HHH was a part of DX/Kliq, which was more or less a union, if an unofficial one. Now he's married to the daughter, of the owner, of the company he unionized against, how the fuck does that even happen?[/QUOTE]
What do Triple H, Shawn Michaels and Kevin Nash all have in common?

They're all raging sociopaths.

I've been playing catch-up with this weekend's wrestling and I just saw the highlight of the house show match between the Briscoes and Steen/Jacobs.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Mark Briscoe is certifiable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_44U49qQPRk

It's pure fantasy but I would like to see the majority of the roster pull a NOAH. The ensuing chaos of Vince McMahon losing his shit as 3/4 of the roster walks out would be a spectacular trainwreck to behold. Especially when currently presented the trainwreck that is 3 Hour Raw.

[quote name='ced']It's pure fantasy but I would like to see the majority of the roster pull a NOAH. The ensuing chaos of Vince McMahon losing his shit as 3/4 of the roster walks out would be a spectacular trainwreck to behold. Especially when currently presented the trainwreck that is 3 Hour Raw.[/QUOTE]

I'd like to see them do a sit in as soon as Raw goes live. The vast majority of the roster just blows right past the gorilla position and parks themselves in the ring and not move for 3 hours. They might actually get results (not to mention that Raw would set record ratings once word got around about what they're doing). It would require something that drastic.

[quote name='mykevermin']link?[/QUOTE]

I put it in my post, it's only about 35 seconds in. The clip they showed on the PPV was much better.

I think the idea that the roster is overly dissatisfied is way overblown. No doubt certain people are, but others know how good they've got it, even if its not perfect. And it does seem to be a lot of whining too. If you're dissatisfied, part ways on friendly terms. Doors will remain open. MVP figured that out. John Morrison figured that out. Carlito finally figured that out after getting sucked back in repeatedly. If you can't quit because you need your downside guarantee money, shut up, sit on your ass, and cash the pay checks.

So far the loudest and most consistent complainers seem to be Ryder, Hawkins, Rex, JTG, and Trent Barreta (passive aggressively). Ryder might have the most "legit" complaints considering how over he was at one time and how bad WWE botched his momentum.

Guys who don't seem to be complaining in public but should undoubtedly be used better: McIntyre, Swagger, maybe even Kofi Kingston, Yoshi Tatsu, Tyson Kidd, Ezekiel Jackson. But those guys like Kofi and Kidd and Big Zeke have been rolling with the punches and trying to make the best of it and trying to stay positive.

But I feel like the internet thinks Brodus Clay should be raging mad that he's a comedy character. That Heath Slater should be pissed about being a huge comedy jobber. That Dolph should be upset for performing so well but having a dismal match record. But that's really not how those guys see it.

Could WWE be utilizing their undercard better, which in turn might make many more guys happier? Absolutely. But I think the idea that the whole locker room is so raging that they'd consider a walk out or sit in or something is absurd. The established guys aren't going anywhere, and if the undercard wants to walk out, there's 50 guys in WWE Developmental to step up and fill their roles of not-getting-enough-TV-time.

I don't think they would ever get up in arms to the point of walking out but that doesn't change my desire to see it on live TV.

We need a rasslin' Norma Rae!

[quote name='Fatality']Matt Morgan Posts Cryptic Image on Twitter; WWE Bound?

WqfR6.jpg
[/QUOTE]

He's been doing that shit for months. Either announce it or shut the fuck up..

[quote name='Fatality']Matt Morgan Posts Cryptic Image on Twitter; WWE Bound?

WqfR6.jpg
[/QUOTE]

From the way the final word is laid out maybe he's going from stutterer to full blown retard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back