The Kings Of Wrestling Reign Supreme Wrestling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 2-21-11...looks like it may have been spoiled (that didn't take long!) Unfortunately the site that "leaked" it is down due to capacity problems so I couldn't take a look for myself:

"WWE may have given away the identity of the mystery person in the 2-21-11 video, as the Save Mart Center website lists "The Return of The Undertaker" for the Feb. 21 edition of Raw. You can view the video at SaveMartCenter.com."

However, even if this is true...

At least theoretically, if Sting IS coming in, that still could be a video for him. They could have them show up on the same night.

At this point though it's just fantasy booking taking over, so I don't really have any bold predictions to make.

The page in question with the spoiler:

http://www.savemartcenter.com/index.php?option=com_jcalpro&Itemid=26&extmode=view&extid=431

And the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4ySnmSdrEE

[quote name='LoveLost']Maybe I'm late to the party but... Isn't this the Angry Miz girl with HBK? Second video she gets some Sweet Chin Music
[/QUOTE]

I thought I remembered reading that the girl in that clip was his daughter.

The card w/ UT on it says "STREAK" down the side. That's a pretty hamfisted way of conveying a message that everybody already understands without it. So I agree that the person who made it is indeed a perfect fit for WWE Creative.

It's a fine photoshop, but it would be so much better without "STREAK" punching me in the face with its message like I didn't fucking understand it already.

That's a pretty poor photoshop, to be honest, but I like the idea of it.

How epic would it be if it was spoiled to be the Undertaker, everyone was disappointed, and as Undertaker was in the ring giving a promo or whatever on that night, the lights went out.. and when they come back on, Sting's in the ring, pointing at Undertaker with his bat.

The wrestling world would implode. I'm marking out just thinking about it.

[quote name='Spyder187']For all the people that keep claiming Sting said he would never work for Vince, that is not what he has said. What he has said in the past was he couldn't work in the environment which WWE used to be, the non PG era. He didn't care for the racy angles, the near nudity, and shit like that. Now in the new blander PG era, Sting may very well be tempted to finally make the leap. That combined with the rampant drug use in TNA and thier same old same old storylines, he may finally be looking for a little something new.[/QUOTE]

When RVD debuted in TNA, Sting beat the shit out of him with a baseball bat for 10 minutes straight. Flair bleeds all over the place pretty much on a weekly basis. The Knockouts are showing as much skin as WWE ever did.

Sting didn't and doesn't want to get shit on.

Well maybe last nights promo on Raw isn't about Taker? I just saw this on 411mania.com

- TNA sources have indicated that Sting did not sign a new contract for 2011, and many in the company have discussed that he may be heading to WWE. This morning, the New York Daily news reported that Sting had signed a one-year deal with WWE.

They're quoting wrestlingobserver.com

The other big rumor floating around is that creative considers Sting their #1 target for 2011. With Mania in Atlanta, Sting would get a fair share of support from the devoted WCW faithful. Aside from Flair, Sting is the biggest WCW icon there is - I still think the only reason he didn't come over during the Invasion nonsense was the crazy guaranteed contract he had.

Every time Taker has come back, they've told us directly - he's a SD guy, his heat is with Nexus (who are now on SD), and it doesn't boost ratings to bring a guy like him back without announcing it first.

Sting/Taker = money. Is there a reason why everyone is marking out over Nash, Booker and Sting now, yet just last year everyone was shitting on them because they are old and in TNA? Or is it ok now since it's WWE?

[quote name='Spyder187']For all the people that keep claiming Sting said he would never work for Vince, that is not what he has said. What he has said in the past was he couldn't work in the environment which WWE used to be, the non PG era. He didn't care for the racy angles, the near nudity, and shit like that. Now in the new blander PG era, Sting may very well be tempted to finally make the leap. That combined with the rampant drug use in TNA and thier same old same old storylines, he may finally be looking for a little something new.[/QUOTE]
You couldn't be any more wrong.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktxW0vidElE

[quote name='pimpster4183']Is there a reason why everyone is marking out over Nash, Booker and Sting now, yet just last year everyone was shitting on them because they are old and in TNA? Or is it ok now since it's WWE?[/QUOTE]
WWE isn't basing their product and hoping to expand their product off of these guys. They'll be one off matches and be done. Nash has been signed to a Legend contract. He isn't even planned to get another match currently but i wouldn't be surprised to see a Big Show/Diesel Wrestlemania match with the way they teased. However Nash will not be a regular wrestler.

[quote name='pimpster4183']Sting/Taker = money. Is there a reason why everyone is marking out over Nash, Booker and Sting now, yet just last year everyone was shitting on them because they are old and in TNA? Or is it ok now since it's WWE?[/QUOTE]

Because in WWE they've be a novelty, and not a focal point of show like in TNA. Guys like Nash and Sting are fine in small doses and so long as they're used to put over younger guys and make then shine.

It's going to be Kane and Taker vs Corre if Taker can't compete in singles according to Wiki. I know anyone can edit it, but it seems like something that would actually happen. What I don't get is why is he going to be returning on Raw?

[quote name='JP']I know everyone is talking about Undertaker and Sting but I was thinking about the last time the Diesel character was even mentioned on WWE programming. Goes all the way back to the Rock and NWO. At least that is the latest reference I cold find.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xF7iX868Nzc[/QUOTE]

God I miss the Rock's promos. In ring he was good, damn good; in promos he was unmatched.

[quote name='chickenbutt']
It's going to be Kane and Taker vs Corre if Taker can't compete in singles according to Wiki. I know anyone can edit it, but it seems like something that would actually happen. What I don't get is why is he going to be returning on Raw?
[/QUOTE]

Corre versus Undertaker and Kane would be awful and far from WrestleMania-worthy.

I know I'm late to the party. I just want to echo how Sting-Undertaker would be an amazing match between two industry icons.

The world must be on its way to an end if Sting has signed a deal with WWE. This will, without a doubt, be the biggest debut for WWE to date. (In my opinion, bigger than Chris Jericho, and I love Chris Jericho; Goldberg, etc.)

It's just a shame that JR isn't around to call it.

If Sting signs with Vince, he will be a main star on the roster. I wonder why Nash signed a legends deal, I heard those are shit deals. Can't work any dates and I guess you just get a check for a video game appearance or DVD deal?

[quote name='pimpster4183']I wonder why Nash signed a legends deal, I heard those are shit deals. Can't work any dates and I guess you just get a check for a video game appearance or DVD deal?[/QUOTE]

Knowing how Nash operates, a WWE Legends limited appearance deal pays him more money than TNA was willing to pay him. Remember Nash walked away last year because he didn't like the deal that he was offered.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']God I miss the Rock's promos. In ring he was good, damn good; in promos he was unmatched.[/QUOTE]

Without.
A.
Doubt.

I watched that clip about 5 times in a row. There's nobody even close to as good as he is on the mic right now.

Randy Orton has good psychology, so people tell me. He's unconvincing to me - he's a high school douchebag trying to be Jake The Snake Roberts. I don't buy it at all.

Speaking of people who were good on the mic, where in the world is "Sweet and Sour" Larry Sweeney? I swear that guy was one of the best talkers of 2007-2008.

[quote name='mykevermin']Speaking of people who were good on the mic, where in the world is "Sweet and Sour" Larry Sweeney? I swear that guy was one of the best talkers of 2007-2008.[/QUOTE]

Mental breakdown, burned all his bridges with Ring Of Honor :cry:

Yeah, I kinda figured that. He struck me as one of those kids who is up to his neck in rats and booze and blow after every show, causing trouble left and right. Dude was a *great* manager, though. Still could be.

Also, the NY Daily News didn't report anything on WWE in the past month, so that spoiler a few posts up is citing an inaccurate source (or just lying).

I meant to post this yesterday, but great topic choice, Demo Man.

The Kings are one of the best tag teams in today's world.

[quote name='mykevermin']Without.
A.
Doubt.

I watched that clip about 5 times in a row. There's nobody even close to as good as he is on the mic right now.

Randy Orton has good psychology, so people tell me. He's unconvincing to me - he's a high school douchebag trying to be Jake The Snake Roberts. I don't buy it at all.

Speaking of people who were good on the mic, where in the world is "Sweet and Sour" Larry Sweeney? I swear that guy was one of the best talkers of 2007-2008.[/QUOTE]

I think the lack of any decent promo guys is the reason I don't stick to wrestling as much anymore and just kind of jump in and out every once in a while.

The closest guy I can think of off the top of my head that I really sat up and paid attention to their promos was Mr. Kennedy. I haven't followed what he's done since he got to TNA but he still wasn't even in the same league as the Rock on the mic.

I can still remember some of the promos the Rock cut 10 years ago. It really is too bad he moved on to movies. Not that I blame him, he made the smart choice for himself and a long, healthy life but wrestling isn't the same since he left.

[quote name='mykevermin']Yeah, I kinda figured that. He struck me as one of those kids who is up to his neck in rats and booze and blow after every show, causing trouble left and right. Dude was a *great* manager, though. Still could be.

Also, the NY Daily News didn't report anything on WWE in the past month, so that spoiler a few posts up is citing an inaccurate source (or just lying).[/QUOTE]
I hope your not implying that I'm lying. :cry: I copy & pasted it right from 411mania.com. So their source must not be accurate.

[quote name='mogamer']I hope your not implying that I'm lying. :cry: I copy & pasted it right from 411mania.com. So their source must not be accurate.[/QUOTE]

Nah, I saw that you were citing someone else there.

Delirious' promo style always reminded me of two things:

1) whatever in the world wrestlers call the carny language they used to use to call spots. I've only heard one person speak in that pig-latin-like speak before, but the pace and pronunciation felt similar.

2) He reminds me of Daffy Duck from this old cartoon, doing a scat routine (n.b.: 'scat' had a definitive meaning before the internet existed, just in case you're thinking of the kind of images and videos you want to avoid):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNDCruGOBgk

(starting about 1:30 in).

I'm in the middle of watching this Sara Del Rey match in ROH from Monday, I think (She was wrestling some chick names Taeller...something..) and I've gotta know...were her legs always that thick? I can't concentrate on the match with those beautiful, creamy thighs on display....

[quote name='Sporadic']Nah, seems like he is just a bipolar guy who isn't on any meds.[/QUOTE]

Hmm. Either bad judgment on ROH's part or some poor attribution on Sweeney's.

It's pro wrestling, FFS. You have to be the lovechild of a hot mess and a complete wreck to be recognized as someone with a problem.

Not that I don't believe Sweeney, but wrestling has given me a lot of reasons to be skeptical, y'know?

Booker T's role in WWE (spoiler alert!)

Booker T was introduced as the newest member of the Smackdown announce team at tonight's SmackDown taping in Long Island, New York.

[quote name='Chase']Corre versus Undertaker and Kane would be awful and far from WrestleMania-worthy.

I know I'm late to the party. I just want to echo how Sting-Undertaker would be an amazing match between two industry icons.

The world must be on its way to an end if Sting has signed a deal with WWE. This will, without a doubt, be the biggest debut for WWE to date. (In my opinion, bigger than Chris Jericho, and I love Chris Jericho; Goldberg, etc.)

It's just a shame that JR isn't around to call it.[/QUOTE]

Sting negotiating his (non-existing) contract to have JR call his match would be a gift, straight-up.

[quote name='ShinSolidus']Booker T's role in WWE (spoiler alert!)

Booker T was introduced as the newest member of the Smackdown announce team at tonight's SmackDown taping in Long Island, New York.
[/QUOTE]

Please let him be replacing who I want him to replace. PLEASE.

[quote name='neocisco']Sting negotiating his (non-existing) contract to have JR call his match would be a gift, straight-up.

Please let him be replacing who I want him to replace. PLEASE.[/QUOTE]
Booker T was introduced as the newest member of the SmackDown announce team at tonight's SmackDown taping in Long Island, New York, replacing Matt Striker. The team now consists of the returning Superstar, Michael Cole and Josh Mathews.
He performed the "Spin-a-Roonie" in the ring before joining his new colleagues at the announce desk.
I'm pleased.

[quote name='lmz00']
Booker T was introduced as the newest member of the SmackDown announce team at tonight's SmackDown taping in Long Island, New York, replacing Matt Striker. The team now consists of the returning Superstar, Michael Cole and Josh Mathews.
He performed the "Spin-a-Roonie" in the ring before joining his new colleagues at the announce desk.
I'm pleased.[/QUOTE]

I'm not. Crap.

I agree with neocisco. I like Matt Striker as a commentator. Yeah, when he says something stupid, he says something *really* stupid (e.g., "This is a mark out moment! I'm markin' out, bro!" during Booker T's entrance at RR Sunday). But he's the only fucking guy in the company who pays attention to what is going on in the ring. *NO OTHER ANNOUNCER* in WWE does.

Neocisco, I too hope having JR call his match with the Undertaker is part of his deal. There is no one else who could do it the right way. It has to be JR.

[quote name='mykevermin']
I agree with neocisco. I like Matt Striker as a commentator. Yeah, when he says something stupid, he says something *really* stupid (e.g., "This is a mark out moment! I'm markin' out, bro!" during Booker T's entrance at RR Sunday). But he's the only fucking guy in the company who pays attention to what is going on in the ring. *NO OTHER ANNOUNCER* in WWE does.
[/QUOTE]

I absolutely concur. Matt Striker actually pays attention to what goes on in the ring, and tries to offer some insight to the viewer.

I enjoyed Michael Cole's NXT stint during the female season, but, for fuck's sake, he is just god-awful outside of that one season. He may be Vince McMahon's choice as voice of present-day WWE, but he is far from the best choice for the role. His bipolar commentary on Raw is mindnumbing and terrible. When I say that something, or someone, should "die in a fire", I rarely mean in reality. But, for the sake of WWE's product, I hope Cole really does die in a fire. I'm more affected by WWE's product than Michael Cole's existence on Earth.

Sorta in a ranting mood, so I'll end, and say, if my memory is correct, between Kevin Nash and Booker T, Booker is closer to Stevie Ray, as a commentator, and Nash is closer to Jesse Ventura.

A couple of weeks ago on SD someone (don't remember who) used a Fujiwara armbar and Striker called the hold accurately and by it's name. Cole started laughing and mocking Striker, saying something along the lines of "A Fuji-wha!? What did you just say? Haw, haw!" It was the textbook definition of why Cole is a cancer and needs to be permanently removed from commentary.

[quote name='masked lemon']If we can't get JR, can we get Schiavone?[/QUOTE]
I actually liked Schiavone's announcing.

[quote name='masked lemon']that doesn't need to be spoiled neo, and you're right.[/QUOTE]

It was related to previous spoiler talk so I went with better safe than sorry.

[quote name='Brak']I actually liked Schiavone's announcing.[/QUOTE]

I didn't mind him. He definitely wasn't the best I'd ever heard but he was far from the worst.

Michael Cole calls every suplex a throw. The only two exceptions, I believe, are Cena's fisherman suplex and when he incorrectly calls the snap suplex for Orton.

I wonder if they're planning on moving Stryker to Raw.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']Michael Cole calls every suplex a throw. The only two exceptions, I believe, are Cena's fisherman suplex and when he incorrectly calls the snap suplex for Orton.

I wonder if they're planning on moving Stryker to Raw.
[/QUOTE]

The ironic part is that Cena's fisherman suplex is done about as correctly as his STF.

IMG_4909.JPG

[quote name='neocisco']A couple of weeks ago on SD someone (don't remember who) used a Fujiwara armbar and Striker called the hold accurately and by it's name. Cole started laughing and mocking Striker, saying something along the lines of "A Fuji-wha!? What did you just say? Haw, haw!" It was the textbook definition of why Cole is a cancer and needs to be permanently removed from commentary.[/QUOTE]

Well, it plays into two themes that we know are true:

1) WWE contempt for its fans, who are rubes and dolts. We are expected to know the "FU," but we're too herp-derp to know an exploder suplex.

I get stoked when announcers on WWE name wrestling maneuvers properly, because I can imagine the folks in the gorilla position shitting their pants and screaming at that announcer to hype "The Chaperone" instead.

2) WWE may think of itself as a global corporation, but it operates with a highly-American mindset. Anything "foreign" has to be dumbed down or ignored. Naofumi Yamamoto is too difficult and too Japanese, so (overlapping with point #1), we get "Yoshi Tatsu." So the technical names that often enhance the product are echewed because they might turn off an audience of beer-swillin', god-fearin' 'Mericans."

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back