The Kings Of Wrestling Reign Supreme Wrestling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='mogamer']I don't know about Lawler winning tonight. I do see Lawler vs Miz at WM, but not for the title.[/QUOTE]
Damn, I was wrong about that!

[quote name='mogamer']Damn, I was wrong about that![/QUOTE]

These things happen.

It is 2011, Jerry Lawler is the no. 1 contender and Diesel was in the Royal Rumble.

Loved the Lawler-Ted Jr deal. Felt bad for Husky - he jobs to the Cobra clean AND gets punted. The 2-21-11 video was pretty cool - it could've been for 'Taker, but they usually do 'Taker's videos with all those wacky video effects and clips, while this one seemed more Crow Sting-ish with mystery. Edge-Miz was fine, but it bugged me that Edge didn't SELL THE SHOULDER THAT GOT HIT WITH A GUITAR AND ARMBARRED earlier. Loved the women's match due to Layla's comedy and Nattie pulling off a swank monkey flip-roll thingy leading to a cover. The Khali-Henry dance-off may have actually been worse than a Khali match, but was at least buried on commentary. The HHH movie trailer...holy hell. It's recycling the "bad guys drive into shit" joke from the BTTF trilogy and doesn't really show what kind of movie it actually is. It's got the younger daughter from Modern Family and Yeardley Smith in it, so I'll probably at least try to watch it once it's on Netflix streaming. So the WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE will be defended in an Arquette-esque manner...great. So either Dolph loses yet again, or he wins, but needs every possible trick in the book to do it. The Raw Rumble was fantastic - minus things like the LOL-worthy R-Truth skin the cat botch, but Morrison shined wonderfully and King got his feel-good moment. Thank God they lucked into this Lawler stuff, because his Road to WrestleMania is the most compelling angle they've got going.

Screens -

Quotes -
Cole - WE ARE OFFICIALLY ON THE ROAD TO WRESTLEMANIA!
King - IT’S CHAMPION VERSUS CHAMPION TONIGHT - there must be a winner.
Cole - Mariachis!
Ricardo - ALLLBERRRRTOOOOOOOO DELLLL RRIOOOOOOOOOOO!
Alberto - MY name is Alberto DEL RIOOOOOOOOOOO! BUT YOU ALREADY KNOW THAT. You people, you never listen! I TOLD YOU IT WAS MY DESTINY TO WIN THE ROYAL RUMBLE, but you didn’t listen. That’s your problem. YOU NEVER LISTEN.
Ricardo - YOU NEVER LISTEN.
Alberto - I TOLD YOU.
Ricardo - HE TOLD YOU.
Alberto - TONIGHT, WE’RE GONNA CELEBRATE - I’M GONNA HEADLINE WRESTLEMANIA. Even though you don’t deserve it because this is a blue-collar town, I HIRED THE BEST MARIACHI IN MEXICO! He only plays for the Mexican President AND MYSELF. I have something important to tell - I can choose who I’m gonna face at WrestleMania. The WWE Champion or World Heavyweight Champion. And I have made my decision, and I’m gonna tell you RIGHT NOW. THE CHAMPIONSHIP I WILL BE GOING AFTER WILL BE…nah…
Cole - MIZ HAS RETURNED. WHAT A TRIUMPH!
King - Would you sit down and shut up?
Miz - Congratulations. You winning the biggest Rumble is impressive - almost as impressive as impressive as winning MITB, beating Orton three times and being WWE CHAMPION. I just hope you choose to face me at WM. Because make no mistake about it - I will be WWE Champion when WM comes around. I can’t say the same for Edge. Let’s face it, he’s going to lose it at the Chamber, but I thought I should tell you something about Edge. He was celebrating - telling anyone that he was going to embarrass you at WM. He mocked your accent and said that real champions don’t wear cute little scarves - HIS WORDS. He said that the cars you drive ARE RENTALS! If you don’t believe me, ask Alex.
Alex - I heard him say to anyone who would listen that he has no respect for a second-rate JBL/Tito Santana knock-off. I HEARD IT!
Alberto - I know you, Miz. And to me, this is some play. Are you lying to me?
Miz - Me lie, REALLY!? You took out Christian - he’s threatened by you. And most of all - he doesn’t respect you. I just thought I’d tell you the truth about what he’s said behind your back.
Cole - EDGE CHEATED and you expect him to bring order to this!?
Edge - Alberto - Miz is right, I don’t like or respect you. But he’s wrong about one thing - I wouldn’t say those things behind your back. I’D JUST TELL THEM TO YOUR FACE. If you choose to face me, I will beat me. Wanna know why? I’M THE RRRRATED RRRR SUPERRRSTARR…. But you alredy knew that, didn’t you?
Alberto - THE ONLY THINK I KNOW IS THAT I’M DESTINED TO BE THE GREATEST OF THE GREAT AND AT WRESTLEAMANIA, I WILL BE THE NEW…. WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION!
Cole - AND I QUOTE. Tonight, we’re gonna have a Raw Rumble match. 7 Superstars will participate, and the winner will face the WWE Champion at the Elimination Chamber PPV, and the remaining 6 will be in the Chamber itself. The participants will be Orton, CM Punk, John Morrison, R-Truth, Sheamus, and Jerry the King Lawler…
King - ME!?
Fans - JERRY! JERRY!
Cole - AND JOHN CENA!
Punk - RANDY ORTON, DO NOT DO THAT! This is nothing you want to be a part of. It’s certainly nothing that I would do. Randy, DO I HAVE TO SAY PLEASE!? For once in your life, take some advice - don’t do it. IF YOU KICK HUSKY HARRIS IN THE SKULL, THERE WILL BE SERIOUS CONSEQUENCES!
Ted Jr - THE KING, it doesn’t thrill me to say it…but your career is over, and mine is just getting started. You don’t need anymore opportunities, Jerry - it’s time for guys like you to step aside for the future, so do the right thing and give me tonight’s spot in the Raw Rumble…
Cole - Lemme handle this, King… Teddy, how disrespectful can one man be? You ever meet Lawler? HE’S A LEGEND. A HALL OF FAMER…You’ve heard of the showstopper? THIS MAN IS THE SCENE STEALER! There’s no way he’s gonna allow his ego to take himself out of the match - NOT IN YOUR LIFETIME. It won’t happen. Just exhale, Teddy.
King - Lemme tell both of you something. Ya know, I’m not giving my spot up to anyone. They always talk about the Road to Wrestle Mania - mine’s always been under construction. I’ve been in WWE for 18 years, and I’ve never competitor in a match at WM. MY ROAD TO WRESTLEMANIA STARTS TONIGHT. You know what else, Cole? IF IT WASN’T FOR YOU - I’D BE WWE CHAMPION RIGHT NOW. I know I can beat the Miz and I’m gonna be in the Raw Rumble, and Teddy, I’m gonna win I!
Cole - GET AHOLD OF YOURSELF FOR A CHANGE! SHOW SOME RESTRAINT!
Brie - If you have a heart beat, we’ll appear…appeal to you!
King - Toby Keith, our former guest host, has a song that says “I’m not as good as I once was, but I’m as good once as I ever was.”
Cena - MIZ, YOU CAN DO IT! THERE’S A PARTY GOING ON OVER HERE! DON’T MIND ME - WE’RE JUST CHEERING FOR YOU. MIZ IS AWFUL! MIZ IF AWFUL!
Cole - STONE COLD STEVE AUSTIN WILL HOST TV’S ORIGINAL REALITY SHOW - TOUGH ENOUGH!
Vickie - ON SMACKDOWN, THE WORLD TITLE WILL BE DEFENDED! IT WILL BE DEFENDED IN A WAY THAT HAS NEVER EVER BEEN DEFENDED BEFORE. JOIN ME ON FRIDAY ON SYFY TO WITNESS THIS HISTORIC OCCASION!
Layla - Shell, you kicked me in the face with your big foot…
McCool - EXCUSE ME, SHREK!?
Josh - I can’t wait for someone to PUNCH YOU OUT.
Cole - KING CAN’T DO IT.
Josh - But someone will…
Josh - The team of Henry and Khali weigh nearly a half a ton - that’s as much as a small car or the chick who played in Precious.
Cole - AND I QUOTE. As I see the Usos stand across the ring from Khali and The World’s Strongest Man…let’s face it, they don’t have a chance. They will compete IN A DANCE OFF. Gentlemen, LET’S BOOGIE WOOGIE WOOGIE!
Cole - Remember on NXT when I won the dance competition?
Cole - This horrid. That’s what I’d do guy s- sneak attack two guys where are twice my size.
Cole - I’M HEARING IT’S CALLED THE FUNNIEST ROAD TRIP IN THEATERS - It’s THE WWE FILMS MOVIE - THE CHAPERONE!
Cole - KING, YOUR ROAD TO WRESTLEMANIA HITS A DEAD END IN 3 WEEKS!

I was just looking on Wikipedia, apparently Jeff Jarret lives here. Not that I've ever seen him around, but that was surprising.

[quote name='JaytheGamefan']And thankfully, it's dedicated to ROH's KoW and not TNA's.[/QUOTE]

I actually forgot about the TNA "Kings Of Wrestling" until you mentioned it. IIRC wasn't Jarrett, Nash, and Hall from around 2004-2005 or so?

Here's another ROH match with the Kings Of Wrestling. They are facing (seriously) the Super Smash Brothers. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQd1dzl4iCk

[quote name='JaytheGamefan']And thankfully, it's dedicated to ROH's KoW and not TNA's.[/QUOTE]

:whistle2:s

EDIT: Never mind, I just saw Demo's post. I don't even remember that. Pretty memorable.

Yeah, it was them, as the NWO with JEFF JARRETT IN THE HULK HOGAN ROLE. And wearing Elvis outfits and wigs. Amazingly enough, this didn't draw a penny for TNA.

Also, that promo reeks of
Sting
. I will lose my freakin' mind if
Sting
shows up in WWE. I know he's always said that he'd never sign with Vince, but money talks. Besides, Vince loves a good challenge, and
signing Sting and trying to get him into the Hall of Fame
is a huge challenge. It's gotta be either
Undertaker or Sting
, and I don't think the former is big enough to warrant a huge promo.

!ALSO!

Kevin Nash update: He's on Pro Wrestling Report on ESPN Radio and said he was sitting down on Wednesday to work out his contract. He said at the very least he'd sign a Legend contract. When the hosts asked what his future held, he said he's open to anything. Said he'd actually like to become a manager or a member of a stable to help elevate someone.

Nash also said if he was given any choice of a match at Wrestlemania, what he would choose. His answer? "In a perfect world, I'd like to work Taker. Other than that, I'd really like to work with Wade."

The hosts talked about the 2/21/11 video on Raw tonight, and asked Nash if he thought there was a chance it could be
Sting
. He got real quiet for about 30 seconds, and then said that
Sting
would be a moron if he didn't take that opportunity if it was offered to him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally, I hope Sting never works for Vince in any capacity. He's stuck to his guns this long, why cave at this point? To not go to WWE for this long it's certainly been about more than just money and to see him there now would mean he's probably compromised his principles which would just be disappointing.

This episode of Raw is a good contender for worst of the year. I was also surprised that Ted Jr. got a crowd reaction. It took him getting plowed in the jaw, but DiBiashit finally got a reaction.

I don't feel like those videos point to Sting. Yeah, he's all dark and "Crow" like, whatever. But he's not a homeless guy who live in a shotgun shack way down in the hollers.

I just figured they were going to redebut Eli Cottonwood with some "Deliverance" schtick.

[quote name='neocisco']Personally, I hope Sting never works for Vince in any capacity. He's stuck to his guns this long, why cave at this point? To not go to WWE for this long it's certainly been about more than just money and to see him there now would mean he's probably compromised his principles which would just be disappointing.[/QUOTE]

In the era of PG WWE, what would violate Sting's principles more than what TNA does with the lax drug policy?

I would love to see him come into the HOF and maybe have a 'Mania moment as long as he isn't jobbed out like DDP was.

For all the people that keep claiming Sting said he would never work for Vince, that is not what he has said. What he has said in the past was he couldn't work in the environment which WWE used to be, the non PG era. He didn't care for the racy angles, the near nudity, and shit like that. Now in the new blander PG era, Sting may very well be tempted to finally make the leap. That combined with the rampant drug use in TNA and thier same old same old storylines, he may finally be looking for a little something new.

At first I thought it was a Taker promo, but Taker doesn't work Raw all that much and I would think he would come back on Smackdown to get back at Kane. So, unless it's some shmuck from FCW with a new gimmick, then I think it will be Sting.

[quote name='niceguyshawne']
I would love to see him come into the HOF and maybe have a 'Mania moment as long as he isn't jobbed out like DDP was.[/QUOTE]

Sting is a HOF'er. DDP is, well, he's DDP.

And why are people using spoiler tags? Everyone who watched Raw saw the ads. We're just speculating on who it might be. Nothing has been announced or even leaked about it.

[quote name='cdubb1605']These things happen.

It is 2011, Jerry Lawler is the no. 1 contender and Diesel was in the Royal Rumble.[/QUOTE]

Well, I can't see Lawler winning the title at EC. And I bet Cole will be involved again too. So to me, this is what it looks like. The Miz will be defending the WWE Championship at WM 27 (probably against Cena, oh god please not another Orton/Miz match) and Jerry Lawler will finally get his WM match, against Cole of all people. What a stupid fuckin' scenario! Sadly though, I just may buy it again. :cry: :dunce:

[quote name='mykevermin']
I just figured they were going to redebut Eli Cottonwood with some "Deliverance" schtick.[/QUOTE]

For some reason when I read that I thought of the Jacob Duncan gimmick from OVW. Cottonwood could pull that look off. :)

[quote name='OnyxPrimal'] Cottonwood could pull that look off. :)[/QUOTE]

But why would they waste two promos on Cottonwood? The guy was terrible. I wouldn't mind Tyler Black coming in though with a new gimmick. But I really don't think WWE will be introducing any new FCW guys on the day after the EC PPV. There will be only about six weeks to go for WM 27 and a rookie will only get lost in the shuffle.

This is me getting my hopes up, but the promos *should* be something huge if it's a debut that's occuring right before WrestleMania. If it's 'Random White Guy with Tattoos #8', they could save it until afterwards.

Raw was meh. It's just headed in a very predictable direction for WM, and it doesn't seem like EC is going to change much. Miz goes over Lawler, Lawler gets some kind of WM match, Cena wins the Chamber. I do, however, like that the title isn't being used for the chamber match... that always bugged me. Smackdown is a little different... if Raw isn't having a title chamber match, I can only assume that Smackdown will. It also wouldn't appear that Edge is losing the title before WM, which does surprise me. Still, after the big shock of the Rumble, this all just seems very par for the course.

After last night, too, I still maintain that they should be building to Miz/Lawler at WM. People will pop for Cena, but imagine the ovation if Lawler main evented Mania and walked out as champ? Make it a one-off deal, but I guarantee it'd make one hell of a (WWE PR MODE) WRESTLEMANIA MOMENT!

Alright, so let's play the promo game: Let's pretend that the promos *are* Sting. I'm not sold on the idea, but still. Promos would indicate that he'd be involved in storylines, so.... what would you book him to do at Mania?

[quote name='mogamer']But why would they waste two promos on Cottonwood? The guy was terrible. I wouldn't mind Tyler Black coming in though with a new gimmick. But I really don't think WWE will be introducing any new FCW guys on the day after the EC PPV. There will be only about six weeks to go for WM 27 and a rookie will only get lost in the shuffle.[/QUOTE]

I don't think they would. I'm pretty sure it's for Taker, but it's fun to speculate. :)

Before the last thread was locked up I forgot to post a few random links to people saying Del Rio was going to win the Rumble, for whoever thought "no one" thought Del Rio was a lock to win. I can still do it if anyone cares that much, but I'm hoping no one does at this point. Anyway...

[quote name='Spyder187']For all the people that keep claiming Sting said he would never work for Vince, that is not what he has said. What he has said in the past was he couldn't work in the environment which WWE used to be, the non PG era. He didn't care for the racy angles, the near nudity, and shit like that.[/QUOTE]

You left out his other hang-up, which I'm not sure would be different regardless of "PG-ness": Vince almost never lets incoming, non-homegrown talent look good - at least without making them look weak first. You have your occasional Mysterios or Road Warriors, but those are the exception, not the rule.

I only saw it once last night and I really need to see it again before I make any predictions, but just based off that one viewing I'm thinking it's not 'Taker OR Sting.

Then again, Vince seems really picky about having gimmicks being very unique unless it's directly tied into an existing character (Undertaker vs Brian Lee Undertaker, for example). He generally thinks the fans are too stupid to tell the difference, hence the odd renamings we get once in a while. Part of me wonders if he'd even accept a "dark" character wearing a coat like that who is not The Undertaker.

Last edited by a moderator:
If the Elimination Chamber isn't for the title, what in the fuck is the point of having an Elimination Chamber match?

And that promo is for Undertaker. The man in the promo seems too tall to be Sting.

Random Pics 13:

Not too many this time, sorry.

61827173845939484613.gif

62156561282540107892.jpg

30931933618384021962.jpg

[quote name='Scorch']What if it ends up being Sting vs. Undertaker at Wrestlemania?[/QUOTE]

It would sell WM for me. Undertaker would win, of course, but I would be happy if they had a match similar to UT/Micheals.

Just so long as Sting is not given the DDP treatment.

I just had a terrible vision. Dolph Ziggler and Lay-Cool all walking around wearing world heavyweight championships.

[quote name='diddy310']I just had a terrible vision. Dolph Ziggler and Lay-Cool all walking around wearing world heavyweight championships.[/QUOTE]

Close to mine of Lay-Cool walking around with the WHC.

I feel like I'm the only person in the world that enjoys the LayCool schtick. Maybe it's excessive, but at least it's a burst of personality in a division completely devoid of it. I admit, though, that having a thing for Layla helps.

With Sting... you know, I think it'd be weird to bring him in and have him lose. There is, though, such a huge storyline potential to make the streak look really important. Have the storyline actually play up the fact that he's never wanted to sign with WWE, and that the only reason he did is to face Taker at Mania. Talk about it being the biggest pinnacle anyone could hope to reach in the business. That he couldn't retire knowing he never took a shot at accomplishing the impossible. You book it right, it could carry the entire PPV sell. Wishful thinking, all of it, but fun.

[quote name='niceguyshawne']Close to mine of Lay-Cool walking around with the WHC.[/QUOTE]

I just had an amazing vision. Lay-Cool walking around wearing nothing but the WHC.

And the promo for 2-22-11 is for MVP of course.

[quote name='Spyder187']For all the people that keep claiming Sting said he would never work for Vince, that is not what he has said. What he has said in the past was he couldn't work in the environment which WWE used to be, the non PG era. He didn't care for the racy angles, the near nudity, and shit like that. Now in the new blander PG era, Sting may very well be tempted to finally make the leap. That combined with the rampant drug use in TNA and thier same old same old storylines, he may finally be looking for a little something new.[/QUOTE]

For all the people that keep claiming Sting said this or said that, he really said he wouldn't go to WWE because he feared how he'd be used. Especially since Vince was dropping doo-doo butter all over the WCW guys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktxW0vidElE

And as a special bonus, "you can stick it."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dit0sfMCYpI

[quote name='007']I feel like I'm the only person in the world that enjoys the LayCool schtick. Maybe it's excessive, but at least it's a burst of personality in a division completely devoid of it. I admit, though, that having a thing for Layla helps.

[/QUOTE]

I enjoy them...only time it got to be a bit much was on NXT when they would wear headset mics out to the ring.

[quote name='KaneRobot']
zkloya.jpg

Very likely fake (it's based off a poster for The Dark Knight), but...that is fucking awesome.[/QUOTE]

Holy fuck dude! You just gave me a heart attack.... I thought that was real for a second, because it looks real...damn real! oh man, that would be so damn awesome...

Sorry I don't have any other info on that pic (like a claimed source of it). It's just been popping up on other boards.

I don't see Taker vs. Sting happening, mainly because it doesn't make sense to bring Sting in for a quickie angle/WM match & HoF induction, only to have him get booed & beaten (because regardless of any nostalgia value, he ain't going over and he ain't getting cheered against 'Taker).

However: Sting & Undertaker vs. Nexus, based on 'Taker being buried (I know the lineup has changed but it's still Nexus) and Sting's history of taking on dominant heel factions, I could see them maybe trying that. Especially if 'Taker won't be ready for a one-on-one match yet.

I would love to see Sting v Taker at Mania... but I also think that the promo could be for Mistico. That house appears to look like a mexican bungalow more so than a southern river shack.

[quote name='007']I feel like I'm the only person in the world that enjoys the LayCool schtick. Maybe it's excessive, but at least it's a burst of personality in a division completely devoid of it. I admit, though, that having a thing for Layla helps.

[/QUOTE]

I don't like Laycool because I detest McCool. She's speaks in a monotone during her promos. She may be athletic, but she isn't that talented in the ring. I'm sure she's used politics to get herself pushed (I know, when hasn't that been done), even though nobody cheered her as a face and doesn't get any heat as a heel. She's just a "black hole" of charisma. And her pushes have kept talented wrestlers like Natalia and Beth Phoenix down. She's not that good looking and is too damn skinny and looks like a teenage boy with hormone problems (ok, just my own personal preferences). I'm sure if she and Taker ever split up, Vince would kick her ass out of WWE.

Layla on the other hand, I do like. You can see that she works on being a wrestler because she has improved quite a bit since she started. I wouldn't mind seeing them break up, just to see Layla kick McCool's ass!

[quote name='007']With Sting... you know, I think it'd be weird to bring him in and have him lose.QUOTE]

Unless someone screws him out of the win. Say Sting has Taker beat... have some guy with (or without) a history with Sting cost him the match. I could see that guy being Jericho.

EDIT: Which would give Sting a reason to stick around. I could definitely see a Sting/Jericho program going into backlash.

[quote name='KaneRobot']
zkloya.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Actually I can tell its a fake anyways. A huge chunk of his left hand is missing on the bottom for instance. Not only that but the checker board back round looks to me out of place.

[quote name='KaneRobot']
zkloya.jpg

Very likely fake (it's based off a poster for The Dark Knight), but...that is fucking awesome.[/QUOTE]

2 points for this.

1> Even if it is fake, that is by far the best goddamn wrestling promo picture i have seen in ages. If it is fake, Vince needs to find out who made it and fucking hire them immediately.

2> I am a poor unemployed motherfucker. If that is real, I will actually buy the Wrestlemania PPV instead of watching it on the net like I do other PPV's. just because I have been a Sting mark since he first appeared back in the day with the Bart Simpson haircut and rat-tail... That man deserves to be in the HOF regardless if he ever wrestles in a WWE ring or not. He has done alot for wrestling and has honestly given his blood, sweat, and tears for the business. Hopefully once he is totally done with TNA Vince and the gang will make a damn good dvd of his career.

A side note, the one Wrestlemania match I always wanted but we will never get was a Sting/Micheals match. At thier peaks that would have topped the Taker/Micheals match by far.

The poster is an obvious fake. Especially since I noticed right away his left hand disappears at the bottom like as if the picture used was badly cropped from another source.

That picture of Sting with the playing card is fantastic. Sting VS. Taker at Wrestlemania would be epic. You just know the crowd would be split right down the middle. I think I need to whip out Fire Pro D and sim that match.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back