The Legend of Zelda™: Skyward Sword

[quote name='Yanksfan']Getting the controller bundle. This will be my first day 1 purchase for the Wii since the first Super Mario Galaxy.[/QUOTE]

Yeah getting the controller bundle as well. This will be my first day 1 purchase for the Wii since Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Damn I'm so excited for this game to drop!!

[quote name='nddave']Does anybody think the Wii remote bundle will be a collectable?

Meaning be of any value down the road?[/QUOTE]

Considering it's only available for pre-orders and only through select retailers, I could see it becoming a collectible item.

What? I thought some B&M stores would get this also. Can you point me to a link which shows which stores are getting these pre-orders? (Any chance B&M have this? I was really hoping for a good TRU vs. K-mart deal on the bundle.)

[quote name='lokizz']are there any preorder bonuses for this game?[/QUOTE]

I don't think so other than the usual Retailer Credit. I know if you buy a first print copy you get the Symphony soundtrack as well.

[quote name='KingBroly']I don't think so other than the usual Retailer Credit. I know if you buy a first print copy you get the Symphony soundtrack as well.[/QUOTE]

good to know guess ill be stalking bb for a bit maybe they wll do a 50% trade in or something. also aside from the videos in the first post wheres a good place to see gameplay footage?

[quote name='soonersfan60']What? I thought some B&M stores would get this also. Can you point me to a link which shows which stores are getting these pre-orders? (Any chance B&M have this? I was really hoping for a good TRU vs. K-mart deal on the bundle.)[/QUOTE]

It has been discussed in the K-Mart deal thread here, that they would not be receiving copies of the game with the controller included in-store:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=304247

I suggest you start there.

[quote name='KingBroly']I don't think so other than the usual Retailer Credit. I know if you buy a first print copy you get the Symphony soundtrack as well.[/QUOTE]
Is that only for the golden Wiimote or is it for every copy? I have a preorder of the standard edition and I would love a free CD.

Amazon is no longer taking pre-orders for the bundle with the wiimote and soundtrack. Better get your pre-order in elsewhere if you're looking at getting one of these.

Crap. I was on the fence about which to get and never put an order in for that one :whistle2:(

The gold Wiimote would be cool, but I don't know if it's worth $20 extra. I have some rebate credit cards to use up so it wouldn't be a big deal if I had to preorder it elsewhere.

Anyone know if you can preorder the Wiimote bundle in store at Toys R Us? I have credit to use there and I know their shipping online is often really slow.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Is that only for the golden Wiimote or is it for every copy? I have a preorder of the standard edition and I would love a free CD.[/QUOTE]

You get the CD with the bundle or with the standalone edition. Both are for a limited time.

[quote name='SteveGo']Amazon is no longer taking pre-orders for the bundle with the wiimote and soundtrack. Better get your pre-order in elsewhere if you're looking at getting one of these.[/QUOTE]

Apparently they are going to do a limited run like SMB All Stars, also the Gold remote was probably price prohibitive as well to do a large production run on as well.

I was thinking of canning my preorder of the bundle, but I guess I'll keep it now (mainly since if I really did want it, it would be too expensive in the secondary market later on) that and I need another motion + since I only have the attachment that came with my sports resort bundle.

I broke down and pre-ordered the bundle at BB B&M. I wonder how many people will doubt Nintendo's claim of a "limited" run when they pulled the stunt of re-issuing the Super Mario All-Stars 25th Anniv.? I would tend to believe it more with Zelda, though, because the cost of the gold Wii-mote would likely deter a 2nd run.

[quote name='uncle5555']Apparently they are going to do a limited run like SMB All Stars, also the Gold remote was probably price prohibitive as well to do a large production run on as well.

I was thinking of canning my preorder of the bundle, but I guess I'll keep it now (mainly since if I really did want it, it would be too expensive in the secondary market later on) that and I need another motion + since I only have the attachment that came with my sports resort bundle.[/QUOTE]

I was about to cancel mine at Amazon tonight & preorder at BB, since that's where my credit is currently. But then I saw that it's no longer offered by Amazon, and I decided to err on the side of caution. I'll just buy a $50 Kindle card at BB w/ my credit and pay for the rest out of pocket.

Really hoping that this will be incredibly enjoyable. I'd like to end my relationship with the Wii on a high point, since it has spent a good deal of its life simply collecting dust.

I ordered the regular version without the Wii mote because... well... it was part of my New Year's Resolution to try to cut down on physical waste. Even if something would be a 'better deal.'

An additional controller for a console I will probably never use again counts as physical waste. I'll just pick up a Motion Plus adapter and tack it on the Wiimote I already have. Less total material.

[quote name='KingBroly']Edge gave Skyward Sword a 10/10.

http://www.next-gen.biz/reviews/legend-zelda-skyward-sword-review

"A triumph" "How apt that this ultimate tale of hero-making should see Nintendo’s hardware become the console it was always meant to be."[/QUOTE]

They said they gave the game a 10/10 but didn't provide the review that goes with the score.

Read our review here in full on October 25, the day our December 2011 issue goes on sale.

So those quotes, if they weren't meaningless BS already, are currently as meaningless as the 10/10 without a full review to place it in context.

I know they've been doing this shit for years and years, and you're just passing a link along, I'm jus' sayin' is all.

'this game, made for Christmas Day, is releasing 6 weeks early.'

That's a pseudo quote. It sounds like the only complaint about it is that the Equipment Upgrading is simple and it's too adventurous.

It honestly sounds to me like someone put a rainbow and fluffy clouds on a disc.

Yes, they've filled their initial pre-order quota (Whether it's a Nintendo provided number or an estimate, I don't know) and you can only find them from third party sellers currently. It may or may not come back in stock at Amazon before release, nobody knows for certain. Usually you'll find that it will though.

I did initially read the your post as "Does any other retailer sell the bundle?" rather than asking where else they were still available for pre-order. So that was my fault, but I do know Best Buy still has it on their website as I did check them.

[quote name='KingBroly']'this game, made for Christmas Day, is releasing 6 weeks early.'

That's a pseudo quote. It sounds like the only complaint about it is that the Equipment Upgrading is simple and it's too adventurous.

It honestly sounds to me like someone put a rainbow and fluffy clouds on a disc.[/QUOTE]

Something I argued for years that Zelda (with the exception of 2 with the exp. points) always has and always will be a Adventure game. And it's nice to finally see that aspect of Zelda return finally after all of this time, so to me personally it can never be too adventurous, after all that's why I play Zelda games for, dunno about everyone else. ;)

Edge Review:
Nintendo has been so busy elaborating on Ocarina’s heroic ideal that it’s forgotten to embrace it for itself. So what better way to honour 25 years of bravery than courageously striving for something new?

Color me impressed. :applause:

I guess my main issue is just trying to figure out how I'm going to adapt playing a right handed link, using my left hand (I'm not changing how I play since I'm a south paw) should be an "interesting" experience to say the least. :lol:

I played Metroid Prime 3 left-handed on Easy once (I'm right handed). It was interesting, not difficult though. I'm never doing it again.

I just pre ordered the Skyward Sword bundle from Best Buy with in store pick up. :D Really happy this game is coming out when I'm home for thanksgiving break so I can spend a whole week playing it and not have to deal with school.

[quote name='KingBroly']I played Metroid Prime 3 left-handed on Easy once (I'm right handed). It was interesting, not difficult though. I'm never doing it again.[/QUOTE]

LOL :lol: I guess I'll do fine then, just will have to adjust, no biggie.

[quote name='uncle5555']I guess I'll do fine then, just will have to adjust, no biggie.[/QUOTE]

This response gets the Official Nintendo Seal of Quality.

sealqual_cs_0315.jpg

Anyone else notice that the special edition isn't available through amazon?

Was this always the case? I really wanted to pre-order it today.

Must... resist... watching anything Skyward Sword related before actually playing the game.

Times were so much easier to avoid spoilers before the internet.

So much gold foil :D. Here is a unboxing of the limited edition

http://www.1up.com/news/legend-zelda-skyward-sword-special

I like how the front case is gold foil. Also, they think that skyward sword is the only wii game with fancy disc art. But it seems most nintendo games have had this for the past year or so starting with new super Mario bros.

The gold wiimote looks like a winner to me.

Here's one unboxing. I'm worried about also having a crushed box in the mail. :cry:

Did amazon remove the entire product page for the wiimote bundle version? I think they even removed it out of my saved items in my cart instead of the "This item is no longer available from the seller you selected" it used to have.

[quote name='Corvin']
In the end, it might be worth checking out when it gets cheap, I'm just not jumping at the chance to play it like past Zelda games, which was ultimately my point. Zelda is no longer a release day purchase. Of course being a big Zelda fan, I could cave closer to release. [/QUOTE]

I'm a weak, weak man. I pre-ordered the LE at BB the other day. The LE looked too cool to pass up. Amazon dropping it really spurred me to go out and get it while I still could.

Ugh. I'm not sure how I'm going to be able to play this game. My son jammed a toy credit card into the wii disc drive so I bought one of those wacky screwdrivers and opened it up to remove it but the wii just won't read discs anymore. It will accept them but when the disc is spinning and the wii is trying to read it nothing happens. Sucks.

[quote name='Javery']Ugh. I'm not sure how I'm going to be able to play this game. My son jammed a toy credit card into the wii disc drive so I bought one of those wacky screwdrivers and opened it up to remove it but the wii just won't read discs anymore. It will accept them but when the disc is spinning and the wii is trying to read it nothing happens. Sucks.[/QUOTE]

Have you tried blowing on the discs?

[quote name='Javery']Ugh. I'm not sure how I'm going to be able to play this game. My son jammed a toy credit card into the wii disc drive so I bought one of those wacky screwdrivers and opened it up to remove it but the wii just won't read discs anymore. It will accept them but when the disc is spinning and the wii is trying to read it nothing happens. Sucks.[/QUOTE]

Nintendo offers repairs. They might get it back in time.

[quote name='dothog']Have you tried blowing on the discs?[/QUOTE] *Rimshot

I wasn't sure about this game, but IGN gave it a gushing review:

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword will be remembered for revitalizing a franchise that had, for a time, seemingly settled for being merely great instead of revolutionary. Once again, Nintendo is demonstrating its unparalleled ability to craft some of the greatest gameplay this industry has ever seen. Remarkably, this Zelda game manages to reshape its control scheme, design sensibility and pacing all at once while still telling a brilliantly powerful story featuring some very memorable characters. Increasingly Nintendo refuses to compromise cinematic storytelling for gameplay, finding a balance that seems effortless.

It's fitting that Skyward Sword arrives on Zelda's 25th anniversary, because it truly pulls from the franchise's entire history, even addressing the winding narrative directly within its story. It captures a grandness and scope we haven't seen since the 2D era. It advances combat and control in the most significant way since Ocarina of Time. It finds a tonal and visual harmony between Wind Waker and Twilight Princess. And, most importantly, it leaves a mark on the franchise that future installments will no doubt draw inspiration from for years to come.

This is the Wii game we've been waiting for. Through all of the mini-games and odd sports collections, many wondered if and when Nintendo would ever find a way to deliver a deeper experience that still fulfilled on Wii's limitless potential. Skyward Sword makes good on that promise.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/121/1212220p1.html

As if I have the time to sink into a 40 hour Zelda game. I never even finished Twilight Princess.

bread's done
Back