The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD Wii U Limited Edition Bundle - Pre-Order

video games may be more important to some people than something you think is a necessity. People can spend their money how they want to and they don't have to listen to you telling them what they should or shouldn't buy with it because they are not rich enough for it.
Speaking as a business graduate, yes this inevitably affects everyone else in the long run. Let's say CAG X purchases games and cannot afford to buy food. CAG X takes out a loan to purchase necessities due to the fact that they purchased said games. CAG X experiences a number of rainy days and defaults on the loan and is unable to pay other bills such as utilities, credit card bills, etc. CAG X declares bankruptcy. Who do you think the credit companies who lost out on their money are going recoup their money from? Everyone else.

I'm not saying we should dictate the spending habits of everyone else, but don't be surprised when you get called out for making an unwise financial decision.

Back to the point, is anyone else purchasing both the Limited Edition copy of the game and the bundle?

Speaking as a business graduate, yes this inevitably affects everyone else in the long run. Let's say CAG X purchases games and cannot afford to buy food. CAG X takes out a loan to purchase necessities due to the fact that they purchased said games. CAG X experiences a number of rainy days and defaults on the loan and is unable to pay other bills such as utilities, credit card bills, etc. CAG X declares bankruptcy. Who do you think the credit companies who lost out on their money are going recoup their money from? Everyone else.

I'm not saying we should dictate the spending habits of everyone else, but don't be surprised when you get called out for making an unwise financial decision.

Back to the point, is anyone else purchasing both the Limited Edition copy of the game and the bundle?
I might as I have amassed a lot of Gamestop credit over the last few months but part of me wants to just wait till Black Friday. >.<

Having owned the Gamecube version of the game I wasn't sure if I was gonna rush out and buy this. However, since the Ganondorf statue looks pretty cool and might be a valuable collector's item down the road I'm in for a pre-order of the CE.

The figurine is as almost as tall as a DVD case, the box is big, its not keychain lol.

1.jpg

Can anyone shed some light on this?

I already own a launch Wii U, but I'm also a Zelda whore. (Preordered a the limited Gannon figure version from GS along with the LE Console.)

I'd rather get rid of the original console, but according to this, you still can't do Wii U to Wii U transfers.

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/wiiu/en_na/system_transfer_faq.jsp

Is this still accurate?

And if it is, is it possible to tie more than 1 Wii U console to a Nintendo account? If I have to keep both systems I'd prefer to keep the Ganon figure edition sealed and just download the LE console digital copy to both consoles.

I've got both preordered. I'll keep the physical/statue but am on the fence on the U bundle. Probably depends on whether a Pokémon 3ds XL gets announced or not for the US. If they do, I'll be picking up one of those instead.

I already own a launch Wii U, but I'm also a Zelda whore. (Preordered a the limited Gannon figure version from GS along with the LE Console.)

I'd rather get rid of the original console, but according to this, you still can't do Wii U to Wii U transfers.

Is this still accurate?

And if it is, is it possible to tie more than 1 Wii U console to a Nintendo account? If I have to keep both systems I'd prefer to keep the Ganon figure edition sealed and just download the LE console digital copy to both consoles.
If the game is a code you download, your best bet would be to sell the new console with the old game pad, the controllers will sync up to any Wii U. If it's pre-installed, you may be stuck. I know that people who have had defective units were able to get it transferred somehow, not sure how though.

Anyone think the figure will sell for much on eBay? Would pre order this if I could get a lot for it.
questions like this are so weird. no one has any idea until people start selling them. the prices will be the highest -and- lowest in the first few days while people figure out the market value (those brave souls that first put it at 0.01 in a short auction and those fools that put it at $300 bin), dip for weeks after as the market gets flooded, and either they'll be permanently low after that or rare enough and desired enough to where they end high.

this is the cycle of virtually anything new and video game related that hits the secondhand market.

The figure will obviously sell on Ebay, just keep the box it comes in to and you will surely make more than $10.

Is this still accurate?

So pathetic. This wouldn't even be an issue if they had real online user accounts up and running. They've had nearly seven years now to figure this whole thing out...

Two things. Has there been any confirmation on whether or not the design on the LE gamepad is a nice paint job finish where there's a plastic coating over it (like the Zelda 3DS) or is it more of a decal/skin?.

Also, about the included digital copy of Hyrule Historia. Any confirmation on whether this will be a standard non-DRM'd PDF file for use on any supported PC, iPod Touch, iPhone, iPad and Tablet device.. or will it only be usable on the Wii U and it's gamepad?. I sure as hell hope the latter isn't the case as that would be terrible...

Anyone know how much I could get if I sold the Zelda WW Code and the book code as well? to bring down the WiiU price to maybe $230? I was thinking I could get $45 for the game and $25 for the book. Not a big fan of the zelda themed gamepad so I probably will get the original deluxe... decisions decisions.

i think it's been mentioned ITT but the game is very likely preinstalled

also, the book is $20 for a brand new hardcopy

if you want a cheap wiiu you're probably better off holding out for black friday

if you want a cheap wiiu you're probably better off holding out for black friday
preinstalled you say? Forget it i will just get the deluxe and youre right, a free game or wiimote wouldnt hurt

I'm lead to believe it is actually a code, as it says so in the press release

http://press.nintendo.com/articles.jsp?id=40332

"a code that can be used to download The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD from the Nintendo eShop immediately at no additional cost."

Yea I think it wouldnt work to be preinstalled with the way the nintendo does downloads and how it would have to bind it to your nintendo account right?

This thread got annoying real fast.

Nobody knows what they'll sell for.
If you're considering buying it purely to make a profit maybe you should invest in something more profitable than video games..

CAG has become SD, it seems.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm lead to believe it is actually a code, as it says so in the press release

http://press.nintendo.com/articles.jsp?id=40332

"a code that can be used to download The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD from the Nintendo eShop immediately at no additional cost."
I hope your right but the new 3DS's (like the Mario 3D Land bundle)come with the games pre-installed. I don't know how this would be different but I hope it is a download code as the article suggests.

This thread got annoying real fast.

Nobody knows what they'll sell for.
If you're considering buying it purely to make a profit maybe you should invest in something more profitable than video games..

CAG has become SD, it seems.
I feel like every topic on CAG lately has had people arguing or asking about if something will be rare. It's been odd.

I feel like every topic on CAG lately has had people arguing or asking about if something will be rare. It's been odd.
not really odd, for a while their was people posting how too flip low cost game for $$$ just think this next step. people wondering how too make $$$ or reduce cost of X item .

not my cup of tea but i don't hate anyone for it, i pay for price an enjoy it or wait for a sell an get it then.

So pathetic. This wouldn't even be an issue if they had real online user accounts up and running. They've had nearly seven years now to figure this whole thing out...
Yeah but Your Probably less likely to get hacked and the some of B.S DLC hasn't made it over to Nintendo just yet

It's a console transition season, so it's tougher to judge what will be hard to come by in the future since the market is so crowded right now. Plus every single goddamn game released nowadays comes with a LE/bonus swag at a premium and since this is CAG you have to justify the extra cost somehow; if someone isn't assigning any personal worth to the items then they default to its possible flip value.

It still amazes me how someone can make the effort to buy a different console bundle every year and yet not know how to do basic things like sync controllers.

The figure LE will certainly hold it's value for a while. It's a Gamestop exclusive and Zelda collecting is a cool new trend. Still, there's no guarantee how limited it will be and even the Skyward Sword Bundle that sold out almost instantly hasn't increased that much in value on the secondary market. The console bundle will almost certainly be well stocked for at least a month or so as that's a wide release and Nintendo is expecting it to be a holiday system pusher. 

I certainly wouldn't buy out the area and expect to pay off my mortgage with these.

Yup, that pretty much sums up this site, I don't think people even play games. >_<

Yeah, at some point, I'm just going to keep saying, yes it's going to be rare. So buy.

If it turns out to not be rare and doesn't sell, woops.
I've done that a few times, some people actually believed it, people are so stupid and gullible here especially when things get over speculated.

all you need is to take the sku #, and bring it to customer service at your local bb. you should be able to preorder it.
I tried that on the day the listing launched and again today. Store I went to was unable to pre order it. Still not sure why but whatever. I went to gs to preorder both the console and le for the statue. Figure worst case if I can get it at bb I'll cancel console at gs and move the down to the le paying it off. I already put 10+ tax on le in preparation. Also anyone know if the dl code will work immediately or do we have to wait for the actual game release on 10/4? Would be pretty lame to wait. If right away bet those wanting to sell the code easily could since you get game two weeks early.

That's what she said.
haaa finally after 3 pages someone got it.

I've got both preordered. I'll keep the physical/statue but am on the fence on the U bundle. Probably depends on whether a Pokémon 3ds XL gets announced or not for the US. If they do, I'll be picking up one of those instead.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/09/03/pokemon-direct-coming-tomorrow

we might be on the verge of that pokemon 3ds announcement. I'm tempted to get the gold one myself.

anyone able to preorder the zelda wii u console at bestbuy? I went there today and they told me the system wouldn't let them and I should just do it online.

They were just putting in the sku that was on the website. I don't know if you can't do it in store or if the people just didn't know what they were doing

anyone able to preorder the zelda wii u console at bestbuy? I went there today and they told me the system wouldn't let them and I should just do it online

don't know if you can't do it in store or if the people just didn't know what they were doing
i am going to bestbuy tomorrow, i will tried preordering it in store, and update you on it. but it could be bestbuy are only allowing preorders for online.

Does anyone know if  you can still preorder the WIndwaker w/ Ganon statue in store still or did i wait out too long?

wow, the LE w/figure sold out online? Sort of unexpected.   Probably half of that from speculators since it is Zelda and GS exclusive :)

glad I got my order in like the day after it was announced. 

bread's done
Back