The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD Wii U Limited Edition Bundle - Pre-Order

Im talking about trading in my Wii U, buying the WW bundle, and selling the WW code off. But im essentially paying $50 to get the Gamepad because I have a Deluxe already. I can get 224 at Gamestop for my Deluxe which I would do ASAP then preorder the WW bundle, sell off the WW code when I get it.

Im not taking as much of a hit. I paid like $350 for a Zombi U bundle off Newgg and sold ZombiU for like 30 I think. It also came with a pro controller
Oh I get you now. Yeah, if you haven't transferred any of your Wii content or haven't bought anything digitally on WiiU that's not bad.

Not sure if this has been mentioned but, best buy also is taking an online pre order of the console. I ordered mine online yesterday as they weren't able to in store.

My launch Wii failed the first time it tried to play Smash Bros. The disc started spinning really fast like it was possessed and it made a grinding noise. I had to ship it back to Nintendo and they fixed it for free.
That will happen with every electronic device put on the market. There are always going to be a few duds out there, which is why companies provide the 1-year warranty. Overall though, the Wii was and still is a very dependable system.

Im talking about trading in my Wii U, buying the WW bundle, and selling the WW code off. But im essentially paying $50 to get the Gamepad because I have a Deluxe already. I can get 224 at Gamestop for my Deluxe which I would do ASAP then preorder the WW bundle, sell off the WW code when I get it.

Im not taking as much of a hit. I paid like $350 for a Zombi U bundle off Newgg and sold ZombiU for like 30 I think. It also came with a pro controller
What exactly makes you think it'll be a code and not the much more likely pre-install?

GameStop charges for shipping while Best Buy does not. But I'd rather order in-store somewhere. Is Gamestop taking in-store pre-orders? If so, how much do you have to put down?

I've already transferred my Wii content and bought eshop. Nintendo needs to get with the times. Link my purchases to a transferrable account. Not the damn system

GameStop charges for shipping while Best Buy does not. But I'd rather order in-store somewhere. Is Gamestop taking in-store pre-orders? If so, how much do you have to put down?
I dropped by a gs yesterday and they told me $50 down. I still ordered from bb for points and to retain silver and they charge full price at time of order. If bb opens this up to in store too I'll order in store and cancel online.

it's just a black wii u with a zelda decal on the gamepad, big deal. The limited edition looks cool but too bad it's a gamestop exclusive.

I can't justify more than $200 for a wii u. It's just another wii as far as I'm concerned except what was once fresh is now trite.

Last edited by a moderator:
I dropped by a gs yesterday and they told me $50 down. I still ordered from bb for points and to retain silver and they charge full price at time of order. If bb opens this up to in store too I'll order in store and cancel online.
all you need is to take the sku #, and bring it to customer service at your local bb. you should be able to preorder it.

Is the minimum pre-order amount at BBY $5? I had someone I talk to frequently try to PO it for me in-store and she couldn't do it as it was charging me for the full item.

I cancelled my order w/ Gamestop for the Console and pre-ordered via bestbuy.

According to their Faq:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=cat12076&type=page&faqID=1054508892648#3

Q: When will I be charged?
A: You will not be charged at the time you place the pre-order. Only when your item ships will your credit card be charged. If you order additional items along with your pre-order, you will be charged for each item as it ships.

Immediately after placing my Pre-order:

Online Banking Alert   Credit Card Charge Made Online, by Phone, or Mail

Transaction date:   08/30/2013* Amount:   $324.89 Merchant:  

BEST BUY

Just a word to the wise :p. I can understand if this was a pre-order authorization which usually comes up as $1.. But the whole amount? I mean its ok.. It is what it is.. I still prefer Bestbuy over gamestop. At least Ill get something back their via their BestBuy Spacebucks.

Maybe it will get reversed and then i'll get re-charged before shipping.. Who knows.. Anyone else have a Pre-Order experience like this before with BestBuy?

Just preordered from Newegg, the 7-10 day shipping or whatever it is was only 5$ and no tax since I live in NY. $304 and some change all together.

Actually looking at Gamestops TIV for a 32 GB, its base is 140 + 60% = 224. Thats not bad I guess. I really dont know how much the Gamepad will go for. It might just be better to buy that separate. WW DL will get 30-40. So lets just say 250 for my Wii U and WW HD sold. Im then paying $50 for the Gamepad and Hyrule Historia digital. The Gamepad would have to be more than $50 cause its the only thing about the system thats appealing. I might just wait for resellers to flood it.
How in the world are you getting 60% bonus trade in value at GameStop?

im kinda glad/disappointed that only the gamepad is zelda themed. the hell nintendo you cant put a Triforce symbol on the console?
long shot would be gold lol, would look amazing

if someone sells the gamepad only for like $100 i would bite

I just hope it really is limited edition.. :bomb: especially since GS wants $60 + tax.
Very fair price IMO.

I almost wish it wasn't limited, because when I preordered & paid mine off yesterday the guy told me some local douche had bought up 5 of them just to resell on ebay. :whistle2:|

People already trying to overcharge for this on Amazon makes me sad for those who just want this system because they love Zelda. It seems like almost everyone is in this for profit.Thankfully NewEgg, Best Buy, Wal-Mart, and Target still have stock, so this doesn't seem super rare at this point.

Does anyone think Toys R Us will carry the Wind Waker HD Wii U console bundle?

I have some gift cards with Toys R Us that I want to use.

People already trying to overcharge for this on Amazon makes me sad for those who just want this system because they love Zelda. It seems like almost everyone is in this for profit.Thankfully NewEgg, Best Buy, Wal-Mart, and Target still have stock, so this doesn't seem super rare at this point.
Even though Nintendo's special release systems sell out fast, I kinda feel like Nintendo will keep this bundle around for a while. WWHD is basically a filler title that they know will sell and they need something to help Wii U sales. Then again, re-sellers know how valuable these releases are so they're probably stocking up so it could sell out fast anyway even with ample stock.

If I didn't already have a Wii U, I'd be all over this.

Now I'm trying to decide if I should get the download version of this game early or wait for the disc.  I'll probably wait.

Considering that this game comes out in about a month, I expect preorders to stop real soon. If you dont go in by this weekend, I will think you are risky missing out.

This is for the gannon version./

so anyone know why Nintendo mentioned $54.99 for the LE in their announcement?
Cuz Gamestop is sleezebags.

I preordered with them, first preorder since 2008. Not happy that I have to do business with them but I want that figure and despite them charging $5 more dollars, $5 isnt that much.

If a $300 pre-authorization plus tax is constraining you from doing anything, you shouldn't be buying something like this or anything for that matter until you get your financial situation in much healthier shape.
Good point, I forgot after all the changes, the site was renamed to "MoneybucksGamer"

Even if money is not an issue, your post still violates the very principles the site was built on back in 2003.

Good point, I forgot after all the changes, the site was renamed to "MoneybucksGamer"

Even if money is not an issue, your post still violates the very principles the site was built on back in 2003.
The site has always been about sharing deals on games and other game related items. It's not about encouraging people with credit problems max out their credit cards to buy things they don't need. Gaming has never been a cheap hobby and even "cheap" games are an unnecessary luxury if you can't get your financial house in order.

Put down $5 today on the game. I was the first one to ask about it. The manager made sure the girl at the counter used the SKU for the limited one. I also bought a non-gutted Fire Emblem to take advantage of the $30 e-shop deal from the other thread.

Also traded in my red-ringed 360 with the Playcation coupon and got $67.50 which I plan to put towards the system once the price hits $299.99. What a great day at GameStop!

Can't believe I said that last part...I think I'm feeling light-headed.

Cuz Gamestop is sleezebags.

I preordered with them, first preorder since 2008. Not happy that I have to do business with them but I want that figure and despite them charging $5 more dollars, $5 isnt that much.
There really shouldn't be a difference period in this case, though. Nintendo announced it at $54.99 and GameStop is the only place selling it. They should have had this sorted out between them.

I also never understand the "do you think this deal will last till next week when I get pay?" posts we often see here.  If you need to wait till payday for a $60/40/whatever game, you really shouldn't be buying that... at the very least, eat noodles for a month, build up a hundred or two cushion if not atleast have a few K in your bank.

It is very different to have a budget to limit your monthly game expenditure than not having money to pay for it until payday.

I also never understand the "do you think this deal will last till next week when I get pay?" posts we often see here. If you need to wait till payday for a $60/40/whatever game, you really shouldn't be buying that... at the very least, eat noodles for a month, build up a hundred or two cushion if not atleast have a few K in your bank.

It is very different to have a budget to limit your monthly game expenditure than not having money to pay for it until payday.
Who are you to tell people how to use their money. If someone wants to play Zelda instead of having money for food then that is their choice.

I see nothing wrong with the will it last posts.. Some games last longer than others and some people have more experience and knowledge than others, sharing knowledge and experience is the point of this site

I almost bit on the console bundle but I think I'll hold off for now and see if there are bundles later on for games I want more. WW being a digital copy was more so another reason for me not to get it. But I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo does that with bundles from now on. If the console had some kind of zelda design or even a different color I would have probably changed my mind.

I also never understand the "do you think this deal will last till next week when I get pay?" posts we often see here. If you need to wait till payday for a $60/40/whatever game, you really shouldn't be buying that... at the very least, eat noodles for a month, build up a hundred or two cushion if not atleast have a few K in your bank.

Have you ever thought that maybe they already spent the money they set aside each pay check for games or whatever else? Just because they don't have money for games until they get paid doesn't mean they don't have money in the bank. Maybe they just don't like spending more than a certain amount on gaming each check.

amazon had a dispute with nintendo about console returns due to screen damage. Only nintendo systems for sale on amazon are by third party sellers now.
Well shit I have fifty bucks credit I wanted to use towards it. Oh well. I guess Im off to game stop,

Yes sir, use code saver for free shipping.
So I use " code saver " for free shipping ?

I tried that and got an error

Oops!

The coupon you entered is not currently valid. Please check the spelling of the code and the expiration date of the coupon.

I've never ordered from gamestop.com before and was wondering if they charge tax like best buy does?

So I use " code saver " for free shipping ?
I tried that and got an error

Oops!
The coupon you entered is not currently valid. Please check the spelling of the code and the expiration date of the coupon.

I've never ordered from gamestop.com before and was wondering if they charge tax like best buy does?
SAVER is the code for free shipping, however it can't be used on consoles. GameStop does charge tax for online orders.

bread's done
Back