The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD Wii U Limited Edition Bundle - Pre-Order

Kinda glad its coming out in various places. I feared if it was just at Gamestop it would be very limited. At least there is a chance Ill see it around black Friday now. Between paying for tuition,books, and having to buy a new laptop, I definitely wouldn't have enough money to get it when it first enters the market . 

Wait for me Zelda Wii u. I shall get you when i have the monetary means!

I cancelled my gamestop order and ordered it from NewEgg. It saved me over $20. I only had to play shipping of $4.99 and no tax. I've also never had any issues with Newegg and I order from them all the time.

Last edited by a moderator:
I cancelled my gamestop order and ordered it from NewEgg. It saved me over $20. I only had to play shipping of $4.99 and no tax. I've also never had any issues with Newegg and I order from them all the time.
do you preorder from them all the time? because that is where they have problems

do you preorder from them all the time? because that is where they have problems
Not to mention the last two game systems I have ordered from them were shipped in nothing more than a white plastic bag with no padding. I returned them both as the PS3 was damaged so heavily it actually cracked the console inside and a 3DS I ordered from them had a giant gash in the box. Completely unacceptable and I haven't ordered anything from them since.

I bought from Kmart a little over a week ago for $320 with $30 in SYWR points and an additional 10% off. Was going to return it for this, but spoke with a Kmart CSR who agreed to just credit me $20. So I got it for $300 w/ 10% off ($270) and a $30 credit. Now I can buy the LE copy of the game.

Best Buy now is taking pre-orders as well. No store pick-up yet.
does not matter, as long as bestbuy.com is not sold out. you can just write down the sku #, and bring it in store, and put down $5 minium deposit. I have done it numerous of times with games with no store pickup options. I would suggest going today, before they close it off online orders.

does not matter, as long as bestbuy.com is not sold out. you can just write down the sku #, and bring it in store, and put down $5 minium deposit. I have done it numerous of times with games with no store pickup options. I would suggest going today, before they close it off online orders.
True, but a lot of people like the convenience of being able to place an order online with store pickup rather than driving all the way to the store. I'm also confused as to why you think they will close off online orders early. I suspect this will be not very hard to get at least for a few weeks after release.

True, but a lot of people like the convenience of being able to place an order online with store pickup rather than driving all the way to the store. I'm also confused as to why you think they will close off online orders early. I suspect this will be not very hard to get at least for a few weeks after release.
That was not the case with the limited 3DS, those were gone after the first few days

I love it when people argue about whether something is going to be scarce. You do realize that the more people assume it is...the chances go up that it actually is going to be. There is a reason people line up for popular things.

If you put on 10 pairs of socks and drop a bowling ball on your toes. It's probably not going to be a good ending but is it really worth the risk? Preorder now.

That was not the case with the limited 3DS, those were gone after the first few days
That's just not accurate. I know because I ordered the Zelda one through Best Buy and it arrived a week after release and was damaged because they didn't send it to me in a box. They ran out, but Gamestop had them in stock at retail and on-line for several weeks after release which is where I got a replacement without much effort. So yes, they did sell out eventually and the Pokemon version certainly sold out in large part because of the day-one Target sale, but you could have preordered both up to the day before release and if you had to, you could find them at retail. I'm not saying people shouldn't preorder if they know they want it, but people are acting as if Nintendo claimed this was going to be some truly limited edition item when it appears that it will have distribution through virtually every retailer and will likely become the Nintendo holiday bundle..

You guys all have pretty awesome memory... I have 2 zelda 3ds  but I don't even remember which store I bought them from, in 1 order or on 2 separate occassion , let alone any of the detail like pickup/shipped or whatever... 

That's just not accurate. I know because I ordered the Zelda one through Best Buy and it arrived a week after release and was damaged because they didn't send it to me in a box. They ran out, but Gamestop had them in stock at retail and on-line for several weeks after release which is where I got a replacement without much effort. So yes, they did sell out eventually and the Pokemon version certainly sold out in large part because of the day-one Target sale, but you could have preordered both up to the day before release and if you had to, you could find them at retail. I'm not saying people shouldn't preorder if they know they want it, but people are acting as if Nintendo claimed this was going to be some truly limited edition item when it appears that it will have distribution through virtually every retailer and will likely become the Nintendo holiday bundle..
I actually did the same thing. At the end of November tried to order the system for in store pick up at best buy but none were able to find it. Finally ordered it on 11/26/2011 from bestbuy.com but got damage and I ended up getting one at gamestop on 12/10/11 (They got 2 left).

But that was 2 years ago and we see the Animal Crossing bundle gone right away. Even the Pikachu XL at gamestop was selling out at retail price. People are assuming there will be a deal on Black Friday which I would think is a gamble.

I actually did the same thing. At the end of November tried to order the system for in store pick up at best buy but none were able to find it. Finally ordered it on 11/26/2011 from bestbuy.com but got damage and I ended up getting one at gamestop on 12/10/11 (They got 2 left).

But that was 2 years ago and we see the Animal Crossing bundle gone right away. People are assuming there will be a deal on Black Friday which I would think is a gamble.
Right, that was my point. It was still available at Gamestop for several weeks. The Animal Crossing and yellow Pokemon releases were designed to be single run only available at a small number of retailers. In fact, I think Animal Crossing wasn't even available at Target while the yellow Pokemon was. This isn't really the same kind of release. This is a big retail bundle that is designed to really kick off the WiiU price drop. I'm not saying it will be around forever or even that it will go on sale, but this is aimed at a slightly different market than niche design handheld collectors.

You could preorder at release but they were all canceled by target. The pikachu 3ds xls were gone the first day.. Mostly at store open. And they still would have sold out if there wasn't a sale. (Why target even had a sale on a low stock limited edition console that was goin to sell out the first day I don't know.. You think if they had any brains they could have made more money with it)

The Zelda 3ds was available until after Christmas and the market was flooded by resellers, but once it sold out the prices sky rocketed.

This will probably be more like the Zelda 3ds.. Available after release and flooded market.. But just wait a month or 2

Just to be clear, the trade off is getting the digital version of WW and a custom controller instead of a physical copy of Nintendo land? I'll probably preorder but seeing as how I'd rather have Nintendoland I'd like to make sure it's pretty cheap used at this point.

bestbuy has gotten smart, they are only take certain amount of allocatment for special editions/collectors edition.instead of letting it sit in their warehouse/ shelves taking up space. I i would rather not pay the full amount upfront, and just dropping down $5. getting to pay it off fully on release date, without the financial constraint.

bestbuy has gotten smart, they are only take certain amount of allocatment for special editions/collectors edition.instead of letting it sit in their warehouse/ shelves taking up space. I i would rather not pay the full amount upfront, and just dropping down $5. getting to pay it off fully on release date, without the financial constraint.
If a $300 pre-authorization plus tax is constraining you from doing anything, you shouldn't be buying something like this or anything for that matter until you get your financial situation in much healthier shape.

You could preorder at release but they were all canceled by target. The pikachu 3ds xls were gone the first day.. Mostly at store open. And they still would have sold out if there wasn't a sale. (Why target even had a sale on a low stock limited edition console that was goin to sell out the first day I don't know.. You think if they had any brains they could have made more money with it)

The Zelda 3ds was available until after Christmas and the market was flooded by resellers, but once it sold out the prices sky rocketed.

This will probably be more like the Zelda 3ds.. Available after release and flooded market.. But just wait a month or 2
I think you are underestimating the popularity of the 3DS and overestimating the popularity of the WIi U.

It's zelda themed so people will buy it. Collector's will buy it. But it's still a Wii U. It's only saving grace is that it comes out before the other consoles launch.

Unless the Wii U catches fire I can't see people paying $500+ for a Wii U console... LE or not.

If a $300 pre-authorization plus tax is constraining you from doing anything, you shouldn't be buying something like this or anything for that matter until you get your financial situation in much healthier shape.
i prefer to use store credit to pay for my gaming habits in general, i usually to like transfer my credit with trade in. i am not interested in the wii-u at all. i am just giving people options, Since i constantly read posts of people asking, does bestbuy charge you fully for preorders, because i do not like my funds being hold up.

I think you are underestimating the popularity of the 3DS and overestimating the popularity of the WIi U.

It's zelda themed so people will buy it. Collector's will buy it. But it's still a Wii U. It's only saving grace is that it comes out before the other consoles launch.

Unless the Wii U catches fire I can't see people paying $500+ for a Wii U console... LE or not.
agree, people might think the $ difference between 3ds and wii-u might not be much. but to casual gamers $100 does make a difference.

I pre-ordered the $54.99 WW with Ganon figure. GameStop still says its $60. I brought up to them that Nintendo's official press release says its $54.99 and not $59 and the rep feigned surprise. Especially when I told him that it is common for GS to charge $5 for Nintendo games. Advance Wars Days of Ruin and the latest Layton games were all $30 at other retailers from launch and 35 at GS.

Hopefully they adjust it down.

I pre-ordered the $54.99 WW with Ganon figure. GameStop still says its $60. I brought up to them that Nintendo's official press release says its $54.99 and not $59 and the rep feigned surprise. Especially when I told him that it is common for GS to charge $5 for Nintendo games. Advance Wars Days of Ruin and the latest Layton games were all $30 at other retailers from launch and 35 at GS.

Ya, I'm still waiting too. Hoping it gets marked down soon.

im not quite sure how nintendo accounts work. if i were to buy one of these could i transfer my account to it and then sell my current wii u? i remember reading something about them being console tied or something

It's worse in this case, because you can't go anywhere else to get it for the price Nintendo stated. Hopefully it was just an error on GameStop's part when they set up the listing.

How has the Wii hardware not been reliable? It was by far the most reliable hardware of the PS3/360/Wii generation. I don't know a single person who has had a Wii fail, but I can't say the same thing for the 360 and PS3 owners I know. I remember the poll from years back where less than 3% of Wii users had console troubles, whereas something like 10% for PS3 and 30% for 360. I do agree that their DRM is awful, but at least they will get your account running on your repaired system if it were to fail.

Also, definitely in for the Zelda Gandolf bundle. Thanks for the notice with that one guys :)
My launch Wii failed the first time it tried to play Smash Bros. The disc started spinning really fast like it was possessed and it made a grinding noise. I had to ship it back to Nintendo and they fixed it for free.

Placed my pre-order this afternoon. Yesterday I bought the Metal Gear Legacy collection as part of the "Trade 2" new game promo, and I'm glad I didn't remove the shrinkwrap.  Marched in this afternoon, did a quick, easy return, and applied that $50 to a shiny new Wii U. I plan on selling the Zelda code to subsidize some cost, and will trade stuff left and right so I can get my Wii U as cheaply as possible. Now, if Best Buy would just stock more pre-owned Wii U and 3Ds games... 

I don't see someone paying more than double the price of a Wii U, but I don't think it will be available 1 month after release.

I don't see someone paying more than double the price of a Wii U, but I don't think it will be available 1 month after release.

I don't think it will be available, at least readily, more then a few weeks after release either but who knows----30 days after it releases you may see a flood of returns since so many people think it is a profit magnet.

If it was a 2DS/3DS/3DS XL I'd agree with them but as you mentioned there is no demand for the Wii U right now and outside of a false demand created by hoarding preorders I just don't see a market willing to pay more then $350-$400 for this post release.

If it was a 2DS/3DS/3DS XL I'd agree with them but as you mentioned there is no demand for the Wii U right now and outside of a false demand created by hoarding preorders I just don't see a market willing to pay more then $350-$400 for this post release.
It's possible that the game pad alone will fetch a good price. I agree that few people will probably be willing to pay a premium for the entire bundle, but considering the only real unique thing about the set is the game pad (well, Hyrule Historia, too, but I would guess the physical media trumps this), and the fact that you can't just walk in to a store and buy a gamepad, that might put a premium price on the Zelda pad.

I just remembered that I got screwed out of the Master Quest disc despite being the only one that preordered at a TRU store.  That was the first time I preorded as well.  I don't think I preorded anything again until 2009.

I was so disappointed, that the Windwaker game was a digital DL. I pre-ordered though and on the fence about it. I might give it to my gf as a B-day/X-mas gift or ebay it. I had to buy the Windwaker Ganon statue though with game. That I want. Hopefully BF has better deals for Wii U Bundles too

I don't think it will be available, at least readily, more then a few weeks after release either but who knows----30 days after it releases you may see a flood of returns since so many people think it is a profit magnet.

Yes there will be very little profit the first few weeks.. And even less when the resellers return them. I remember 2 years ago talking to a GameStop employee and they told me they had 4 returns of the Zelda 3ds bundles and they assumed because it was because people couldn't sell them.

But who knows maybe 1-2 years from now the wii u will finally catch on and this will have some type of demand. I agree I wouldn't buy it expecting a quick profit, especially now that it's available at most stores. Expect to hold this for months or years for any profit. But Zelda things are collectible and this will have value in the future

It's possible that the game pad alone will fetch a good price. I agree that few people will probably be willing to pay a premium for the entire bundle, but considering the only real unique thing about the set is the game pad (well, Hyrule Historia, too, but I would guess the physical media trumps this), and the fact that you can't just walk in to a store and buy a gamepad, that might put a premium price on the Zelda pad.
I already own a wii u and that's the main reason I preordered, that gamepad looks cool I want it. It will match my gold motion controller and nunchuck.

Just preordered the wii u bundle at bestbuy. excited to be able to start playing earthbound again from the eshop :) my only question is do you guys think is it worth getting the windwalker hd with figure from gamestop??? im debating but unsure...

I'm doing a second round of ebay for a bunch of CE games and find that in the best case, the games are holding value rather than really going up in price. The stuff with a decent mark up is newer stuff (like Last of Us) and I imagine it dropping back down to MSRP over time.

When I did a handheld pass with a LE Mario DS and GS Exclusive Metal Gear PSP I found the same thing, I pretty much got back what I paid. I imagine there will be enough of these to create a similiar level of collectability but nothing more.

Just preordered the wii u bundle at bestbuy. excited to be able to start playing earthbound again from the eshop :) my only question is do you guys think is it worth getting the windwalker hd with figure from gamestop??? im debating but unsure...
If Gamestop adjusts their price back down to MSRP ($55) I think it's a good deal. At $60, I think it becomes a little iffier. I'm definitely getting it as I love the game and think the statue looks great. This is probably my favorite version of Ganon.

Anybody remember the good ol' days when El Hoardo would show his face on CAG and be slammed down hard, ran out of here in disgrace?  What happened CAG?  Now we have El Hoardo's bragging about ebay scalping freely in the open, and others actually applauding it?  I REALLY wish we could go back to the good ol' days, but even more than that, I wish stores would implement a seperate return policy for these LE items the way I know some around here do for console launches.  Like maybe 1 per customer and you only have 7 days to return it?  

But no, I guess it's better to have everything sold to El Hoardo in a single transaction than keep stock in for a few days for people who actually want the crap.

But what really gets me is El Hoardo is taking over preorders now too.  I went to 3 local Gamestops to pre-order WWHD LE (really wanted that figurine lol) and every place I went to was out of pre-orders for the special edition, and when I asked I was told all pre-orders at each store were placed by a single person.  And to make matters worse they are all pushier than a car salesman, trying to get me to preorder the standard version (which I have no interest in whatsoever, and even if I did no way would I pre-order what's sure to be an easy to find game).  This is getting out of hand, I didn't even know Gamestop let you pre-order multiple copies of the same game, but it's a given that I won't be able to get this now  (no, shipping isn't an option for me right now, I'm between addresses and have no way to receive packages) :boxing:.  Thanks El Hoardo, once again I miss out because of your bullshit.

Oh well, that figurine looks more like it should be a Club Nintendo Platinum/high coin prize, but not something to pay $10 extra for.  I actually do collect busts/statues/ect and this would look fairly cheap next to most of my other pieces.

Last edited:
So if we have a Deluxe already, what would be the best way to get rid of it? Guessing Craigslist

Im sure the damn Gamepad will end up being worth more than the whole bundle so I might just preorder one anyways. I was gonna preorder WW anyways. Really wish it was physical disc though cause I wouldnt be too worried since Im already putting 50 towards WW. I dont like when consoles are bundles with digital codes.

So if we have a Deluxe already, what would be the best way to get rid of it? Guessing Craigslist

Im sure the damn Gamepad will end up being worth more than the whole bundle so I might just preorder one anyways. I was gonna preorder WW anyways. Really wish it was physical disc though cause I wouldnt be too worried since Im already putting 50 towards WW. I dont like when consoles are bundles with digital codes.
Honestly you can barely give these things away. After 2013's abysmal E3 I started toying with the idea of selling my WiiU collection (which had a few digital games and like $100 of eshop credit and several games). Anytime I was on Craigslist/ebay/anything else I asked for $400, but my highest offer was barely $200. There's 0 demand for this console right now. I can't blame anybody, I don't really want it anymore either, not after seeing PS4 in action.

Honestly you can barely give these things away. After 2013's abysmal E3 I started toying with the idea of selling my WiiU collection (which had a few digital games and like $100 of eshop credit and several games). Anytime I was on Craigslist/ebay/anything else I asked for $400, but my highest offer was barely $200. There's 0 demand for this console right now. I can't blame anybody, I don't really want it anymore either, not after seeing PS4 in action.
Actually looking at Gamestops TIV for a 32 GB, its base is 140 + 60% = 224. Thats not bad I guess. I really dont know how much the Gamepad will go for. It might just be better to buy that separate. WW DL will get 30-40. So lets just say 250 for my Wii U and WW HD sold. Im then paying $50 for the Gamepad and Hyrule Historia digital. The Gamepad would have to be more than $50 cause its the only thing about the system thats appealing. I might just wait for resellers to flood it.

Actually looking at Gamestops TIV for a 32 GB, its base is 140 + 60% = 224. Thats not bad I guess. I really dont know how much the Gamepad will go for. It might just be better to buy that separate. WW DL will get 30-40. So lets just say 250 for my Wii U and WW HD sold. Im then paying $50 for the Gamepad and Hyrule Historia digital. The Gamepad would have to be more than $50 cause its the only thing about the system thats appealing. I might just wait for resellers to flood it.
I can't possibly imagine any Gamestop in the world accepting any WiiU without a Gamepad. If you think you are going to sell that thing separately then I'd very much like for you to come back and let us know how that goes, I'd be very interested in seeing what sort of market there is for extra Gamepads.

When I said $400 was my asking price, I meant that. I'm already taking a sizable hit on that as it is. I've since used like half of the eshop credit on Injustice DLC but otherwise I haven't touched the thing. I've already tried selling at Gamestop and couldn't even get that 60% bonus you mentioned, but even if I could that's not what I'm willing to sell for.

Last edited:
If Gamestop adjusts their price back down to MSRP ($55) I think it's a good deal. At $60, I think it becomes a little iffier. I'm definitely getting it as I love the game and think the statue looks great. This is probably my favorite version of Ganon.
Thanks man I'm going to keep my eyes on the price adjustment. I want the figure badly 2 :)

I can't possibly imagine any Gamestop in the world accepting any WiiU without a Gamepad. If you think you are going to sell that thing separately then I'd very much like for you to come back and let us know how that goes, I'd be very interested in seeing what sort of market there is for extra Gamepads. WiiU has very limited functionality without the Gamepad, you can't even use the Netflix app without it.

When I said $400 was my asking price, I meant that. I'm already taking a sizable hit on that as it is. I've since used like half of the eshop credit on Injustice DLC but otherwise I haven't touched the thing. I've already tried selling at Gamestop and couldn't even get that 60% bonus you mentioned, but even if I could that's not what I'm willing to sell for.
Im talking about trading in my Wii U, buying the WW bundle, and selling the WW code off. But im essentially paying $50 to get the Gamepad because I have a Deluxe already. I can get 224 at Gamestop for my Deluxe which I would do ASAP then preorder the WW bundle, sell off the WW code when I get it.

Im not taking as much of a hit. I paid like $350 for a Zombi U bundle off Newgg and sold ZombiU for like 30 I think. It also came with a pro controller

bread's done
Back