The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD Wii U Limited Edition Bundle - Pre-Order

amazon had a dispute with nintendo about console returns due to screen damage. Only nintendo systems for sale on amazon are by third party sellers now.

Oh GameStop. You have an exclusive with the Ganonforf version, and you go and price it $5 more than the official press release says.

Hopefully they adjust that.

GameStop is also offering an exclusive Ganondorf figurine bundled with the packaged game at a suggested retail price of $54.99.
I know that's "suggested", but seeing as they're the only place to offer it...

Somebody said this was the equivalent of $100 price drop. No, it's just a different pack-in game at the same price as the Nintenland version (once the price drop hits). Though it does come with some extras along with that. We would want Nintendoland too, so either way we are having to buy another game. But my oldest LOVES LoZ, so I am really tempted to pick this up for him for Xmas - and for his brother too. And me. :) But we are really short on funds so I might have to pass on it and just get the generic Deluxe closer to Xmas.

got a pre order in, did two. one to keep sealed and one to open and play the game with. leave Ganon alone too :p

this was a good bonus since i was gonna pass on wind waker HD for a bit but since the figure was cool and it was a LE i had to dive in

I think I'll wait until I can get a Wii U for $150 and WW HD for $20. It will probably be about 6 or 7 years but until them I'm good.

Damn... I am SOOOOO tempted to pre-order this, but my GF would absolutely go ape shit if I bought this with the PS4 right around the corner... #firstworldproblems #domesticdispute

Your credit card will be charged only when your order is processed. In some cases, we will process your order and authorize your credit card up to 10 days before the release of the product. This allows us to get the product to you faster.
- gamestops website

I've never been charged beforehand. One time best buy charged me when I ordered and they usually don't. So once it ships but at your own risk lol
Uhm, just to be nit picky... Best Buy has a rotating pending charge. It hits, then goes away, then comes back, goes away, etc etc, until it is ready to be shipped... Then it actually charges you.

You guys on the fence about getting the Wii U Zelda bundle need to do it now because that thing probably won't last after pre orders. It was even rare to try and find the skyward sword controller bundle the day of release. Trust me, pre order now and don't wait until Black Friday, there won't be any left.

You guys on the fence about getting the Wii U Zelda bundle need to do it now because that thing probably won't last after pre orders. It was even rare to try and find the skyward sword controller bundle the day of release. Trust me, pre order now and don't wait until Black Friday, there won't be any left.
Oh I believe you. I know it was next to impossible to find the gold wii-mote bundles.

I decided to preorder the Wii U Zelda Bundle. I think the Zelda Gamepad sold it for me.

Plus I really want to play Super Mario World 3D when its released in November.

Now I need to find ZombiU for cheap.

Tempting for the Figure $60!  Kinda sad GS Exclusive only :(  I wants the Zelda Wii U as well but digital copy is turn me down.

Last edited by a moderator:
Could have gone with the Best Buy Buy 2 Get 2 on the preowned Wii U titles. (ZombiU, Mario Bros. U, and whatever 2 other games you want.)
I could have but ZombiU is $39.99 used at Best Buy and there is no guarantee that it will arrive in good condition and complete.

I like a new copy for $17

Sucks that both the console and figure bundle are exclusive to GS... and sucks that the figure bundle is $60 and not $55. 

Also sucks that the bundle has a digital copy of WWHD. Would probably bite if it was a physical copy. 

Sucks that both the console and figure bundle are exclusive to GS... and sucks that the figure bundle is $60 and not $55.

Also sucks that the bundle has a digital copy of WWHD. Would probably bite if it was a physical copy.
Where is it saying the system is gamestop exclusive?

The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Walker game plus a ganondof figure.   It'll be digital copy or HARD COPY with Ganondof Figurine?

The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Walker game plus a ganondof figure. It'll be digital copy or HARD COPY with Ganondof Figurine?
Well, on the European box it says full game disc, so I guarentee it is the same for the US. So yes, it is phyisicial :)

I hope the game comes as a code and not pre-installed. Nintendo's DRM is awful (I.e., tied to one system), and since the Wii, their hardware has not been reliable. Remember the days of leaving your NES/SNES/N64 running for weeks with a paused game? I'd rather just sell the code that buy a physical copy of Zelda.

I hope the game comes as a code and not pre-installed. Nintendo's DRM is awful (I.e., tied to one system), and since the Wii, their hardware has not been reliable. Remember the days of leaving your NES/SNES/N64 running for weeks with a paused game? I'd rather just sell the code that buy a physical copy of Zelda.
How has the Wii hardware not been reliable? It was by far the most reliable hardware of the PS3/360/Wii generation. I don't know a single person who has had a Wii fail, but I can't say the same thing for the 360 and PS3 owners I know. I remember the poll from years back where less than 3% of Wii users had console troubles, whereas something like 10% for PS3 and 30% for 360. I do agree that their DRM is awful, but at least they will get your account running on your repaired system if it were to fail.

Also, definitely in for the Zelda Gandolf bundle. Thanks for the notice with that one guys :)

Is anyone having problems checking it out on the gamestop site?
My first order for one console seemed to go through just fine, but I received an email saying GameStop saying they were reviewing the order. When I went to preorder the statue bundle I had issues checking out for about an hour. I tried it again on my desktop (instead of my tablet) just now and was able to place the order.

As long as the guy at GameStop got the right sku, the pre-order sku for the Ganondorf bundle is 240234.
Yeah the 240234 is the correct SKU. Had to make 2 trips today because the first Gamestop pre ordered the wrong SKU. 240234 wasn't tied to a name in their system and so I had to find a more up to date employee.

My first order for one console seemed to go through just fine, but I received an email saying GameStop saying they were reviewing the order. When I went to preorder the statue bundle I had issues checking out for about an hour. I tried it again on my desktop (instead of my tablet) just now and was able to place the order.
I ordered a copy of the game with the figure just an hour ago and got the same email, saying my order was reviewed. I was able to place the order just fine so I'm not sure what they're reviewing.

Yeah the 240234 is the correct SKU. Had to make 2 trips today because the first Gamestop pre ordered the wrong SKU. 240234 wasn't tied to a name in their system and so I had to find a more up to date employee.
Was the game $55 in store or $60?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tL7OiHU6Y48

Statue looks butt ugly, kinda Egyptian-voodoo doll motif going on....anyway im in for a quick flip, hoping to get at LEAST 250% markup on those krazy Zelda nerds!

How has the Wii hardware not been reliable? It was by far the most reliable hardware of the PS3/360/Wii generation. I don't know a single person who has had a Wii fail, but I can't say the same thing for the 360 and PS3 owners I know. I remember the poll from years back where less than 3% of Wii users had console troubles, whereas something like 10% for PS3 and 30% for 360. I do agree that their DRM is awful, but at least they will get your account running on your repaired system if it were to fail.

Also, definitely in for the Zelda Gandolf bundle. Thanks for the notice with that one guys :)
With the exception of some of the original 3DS manufacturing that caused screen scratches (and rumored to be the reason Amazon stopped selling their hardware), the Wii has been Nintendo's hardware most likely to fail. I had my Wii fixed and both the GPU and the DVD drive were failing. Those are the two most common failure for the launch consoles. The other one is corrupted flash memory.

You can diagnose these failures or that your console is going to soon have a failure for each one in the following ways:

1. Your DVD drive makes a ton of noise - it's going to fail. Normally the Wii's DVD drive is very quiet. Mine experienced this.

2. Your screen is showing artifacts - your GPU is failing. Mine experienced this.

3. Your flash memory is going - I never experienced this common problem so I can't say first hand (I'm sure others here can). I believe you'll get system crashes and corrupted saves and eventually it won't work any longer and they'll have to reflash the firmware.

GPU failure is largely caused by the lead free solder used at the time (same problem that RROD and YLOD had). This was exacerbated by WiiConnect24. When the console launched it didn't run the fan in standby mode so if you had a launch Wii you probably remember it getting really toasty when in WiiConnect24 mode. That was burning out your GPU. Also if your console gets extremely warm when you're playing games, watch out because after mine was repaired that never happens but happened all the time before.

Take a look at this thread for an example of the screen artifacts. This is exactly what happened to mine. These pixels of color stay in the same spot regardless the game that's on or if you're on the Wii main screen looking at the various channels.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/106624-wii-graphic-glitches-ati-card-overheating-now-with-screens/

edit:

Here's another discussion on the topic from years ago.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/118053-rumor-wiiconnect24-breaking-wiis/

Speaking of which, I was looking for the patch notes for when they set the fan to work in standby mode but I haven't found it yet.

I've been holding out on a Wii U so figured I'd get this. $50 price drop plus a good game is good enough for me. Yes, I'd prefer a physical copy instead of digital and dropping the Hyrule Historia altogether, but this is good enough. If I can get Zombi U and Lego Undercover for cheap soon, I'll have enough to hold me over for a while (just got Super Luigi U)

bread's done
Back