The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD Wii U Limited Edition Bundle - Pre-Order

That article is an older one. I thought that the newer updates used more?

That article, while do explain it, sounds stupid when it whine about external hdd needing a Y cable not being included.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2012/11/guide_using_usb_storage_with_the_wii_u
Personally, I'd rather not spend money to add onto my consoles. It's kind of the reason I don't really do PC gaming. Whenever I get a Wii U, it may be this unit or not, I don't plan on adding an external hard drive to it. I'd just assume buy physical disks and only download the really small older games (that I'm getting free through club nintendo).

Personally, I'd rather not spend money to add onto my consoles. It's kind of the reason I don't really do PC gaming. Whenever I get a Wii U, it may be this unit or not, I don't plan on adding an external hard drive to it. I'd just assume buy physical disks and only download the really small older games (that I'm getting free through club nintendo).
That's pretty much me as well. Unless I see the Nintendo digital ecosystem become something interesting I doubt I'll ever make a single purchase in the store. I've pretty much abandoned XBLA live off of free PS+ games at this point.

So, can I pre-order this in-store and then pick it up in store? Just curious, I've never preordered consoles before, let alone a bundle like this.

Then won't wii U work perfectly for you then... you now got to add it as a plus among your many reasons why wii u fail..., no unnecessary harddrive space/cost that you are just going to waste since you only have physical games or small downloads... ;/

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if this set still comes with the charging cradle a bonus points that the deluxe set came with or if the only similarity is the black 32gb console.

Then won't wii U work perfectly for you then... you now got to add it as a plus among your many reasons why wii u fail..., no unnecessary harddrive space/cost that you are just going to waste since you only have physical games or small downloads... ;/
If it had full sized games at really good prices then I would consider buying them...if it had more space but I have no desire to add more space. For example, the PS3 and Xbox 360 have had some really good sale prices on full sized games. Some as low as $1 - $3. In the case of the Wii U, I'd have storage anxiety (similar to "range anxiety" which is experienced by people that own all electric cars).

My information is completely anecdotal, but if you Google "Wii won't read disc" or something similar, you will get numerous results. It seems that, for some reason, certain discs just stop being read. So you het stuck with both an unusable game and a shoddy system.

I replaced one disc drive in my original unit, and it only lasted a few months. Known issue, and Nintendo charges so much for the replacement, you may as well buy a new unit, although then you have to go through the hassle of sending in both units to have your purchased games transferred, or just eat the cost of whatever you've spent to build your library, and start over.

I'm a life-long Nintendo fan, but the Wii gen is where I think they really changed as a company, and have began delivering sub-par products. My fat PS3 has served me well for years, as has my Xbox 360 (fingers crossed!).

[quote name="GaveUpTomorrow" post="11020915" timestamp="1377735077"]

How has the Wii hardware not been reliable?

i knew the wii-u will get a price drop, that is the only way they can compete with microsoft, and sony. I see another price drop in 2015. wii-u $150

my ps3 ylod, my wii is still working just fine. hows that for nintendo reliability?... should I go freak out about omg RROD/YLOD? :

shit happens.  

why so defensive wasabi5858?

on topic: i might pick up the bundle & special edition for sale/trade fodder if they are truly limited. i made good money on both the skyward sword bundle & zelda 3ds bundles

$299? Not too bad. With the game, that's a defacto $100 price cut on the deluxe. I might deal at this price point.

Where's all the people telling me a week or two ago that there wouldn't even be a black friday/holiday bundle for $299? :whistle2:

Now the decision, to pick this bundle which may or may not sell through depending on how limited it is. Or wait and see if Black Friday brings us something even better (i.e. a $249 bundle of some sort)
Sooo... turns out it's a digital download? What is it going to be 5GB? 10GB?

Jesus. Think I'll pass. Don't even care if it's a limited console, don't want to deal with Nintendo DRM. I place no value on digital code or pre-installed game. So basically $299 for deluxe console with a special tablet. Meh. I'll hold out for a better price, and just buy a real copy of WW.

You guys on the fence about getting the Wii U Zelda bundle need to do it now because that thing probably won't last after pre orders. It was even rare to try and find the skyward sword controller bundle the day of release. Trust me, pre order now and don't wait until Black Friday, there won't be any left.
is the wii U wind waker bundle system exclusive only in Gamestop?

LE Console is pretty cool with Pre-installed game is terrible deal ever.   I waits for black friday deals.. possible Wii u 32 GIGS Bundles for $199.99 with 2 free games :)

The Zelda WiiU console bundle is NOT limited to Gamestop, only the Wind Waker game with Ganondorf statue is limited to Gamestop. You can expect Target and Best Buy to carry the bundle. Why would Nintendo limit that to Gamestop when it's supposed to kick off the price drop of the system?

What's with this refusal to add external HDD? Wii U can use most any external HDD, unlike Xbox 360 which uses propriety storage, so if you have a spare external hard drive laying around (which, who does not?), powered via outlet, it should work with the Wii U. If it's portable, or powered via USB, buy a USB Y cable. They are cheap. Can be purchased for $4-5 on Amazon.

If you do not have a spare external/portable HDD, buy one. HDDs are relatively cheap these days. They can be purchased for about what it costs to buy a new video games, for fuck sake. For example, I just bought a 1TB WD portable HDD for $65 from Amazon, and I have seen other external/portable HDDs even cheaper than that. Cheap as $40-50.

The Zelda WiiU console bundle is NOT limited to Gamestop, only the Wind Waker game with Ganondorf statue is limited to Gamestop. You can expect Target and Best Buy to carry the bundle. Why would Nintendo limit that to Gamestop when it's supposed to kick off the price drop of the system?

Apparently I'm being too much of a dick tonight because my posts keep getting deleted...

I wanted to know if anyone knew who was making the Ganondorf toy/statue... I wanted to know if this was going to be sold outside the bundle.

Speculation you say??? You've come to the right place! *snaps suspenders*

I predict a flood of these consoles. It's cheaper to not produce a physical game and since they're taking a loss on the console they're going to prefer you buy this to the Nintendoland bundles. Plus it's Zelda and this seems like something of a Hail Mary pass to sell a ton of consoles because so far they've sold almost nothing.

So yeah I predict that this will be limited to the number they can sell.

I also predict Deader comes and tells me I'm wrong!
the zelda 3ds bundles were easy to get for 1 month after relese but they stopped making them an theyre worth $500+ now

Pre-ordered both. I have a history of getting all the zelda stuff in the past and some stuff has gone up in price (Wii Gold controller) and others have gone down in price (Zelda DS).  I am a bit annoyed on many fronts that its GS exclusive but their online ordering has served me well in the past (knock on wood). 

I lke the statue, I like the WiiU Pad. I hate the DLC only version of the game. I'll probably sell this off or give it to someone. Finally a reason to break this out again:

lozww.jpg

pic taken from someone off the net. .buts a 3D-ish Standee

Cool, thanks Mack. No payments or interest for 6 months with Newegg Preferred Account. That is of course if I play my cards right.
Good call. I just signed up and got approved for a credit card. Woooooo! So you automatically don't have any payments for 6 months the as long as it's over $250?

I pre-ordered one Wii U Limited System and Luigi U used the 5.00 off code - so the whole thing came to 350.00 

My kids love the Nintendo Games : Mario Kart , Zelda, Pikmin, etc..   so its worth it to us and I was holding out for a deal or limited system.

The only tough thing is convincing the wife I need an XBOX One or PS4 in a few months...  but I will cross that bridge later.

The chick at my GS found the "Wind Walker" console under accessories. I went in for a console and LE of the game. I'll pawn off the code somewhere. By somewhere I'm 99% sure on CAG.

Gonna drop by and pre-order one today.  I really wanted a PS4 but as of yesterday, that plan's changed.  I could not care less about the PS4 launch titles, I mostly wanted CoD Ghosts so I could stream it, but it's not like it matter since it'll play the same on PS3.

I wanted a Wii U eventually for Bayonetta 2 anyway so it all works out.

bread's done
Back