The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD Wii U Limited Edition Bundle - Pre-Order

I stopped at the BB in Maple Grove, MN yesterday and they had a ton of Wii U accessories on clearance. Got this awesome kit that came with a case, silicone sleeve, two styli, and mini screen cleaner for $5. Had tons of various accessories on clearance though. Definitely worth looking into for some of us new Wii U owners out there.
I was just up there at 4:00 today trading in 007. Left my drivers license up there, have to go back tomorrow. By case, do you mean a game pad case? I may pick one up when I'm there.

I'm debating heading out there tonight to grab some Nerf armor. DO NOT TAKE THE PINK ONE
Fine, but only because of that Tyler Breeze avatar.

Seriously, don't debate it, get that Nerf armor. Best damn thing I've seen to protect this thing. The charging ports are clear so you can charge with it on, and it does a great job protecting it. Gives it some much needed extra grip too, it feels great using it.

@wasabi, that's exactly what I plan on doing, I have a Skinomi protector on the way. It's just stupid that Nintendo didn't put any kind of connector to put a strap on this thing. I've never dropped a single handheld system I've owned because of them.

Last edited by a moderator:
I ended up buying in at release. By the time I ordered it, 2 out of 3 of my Best Buys had sold out on the pick-up-at-store option. Had to arrange pickup at the furthest BBY.

Both kids have been asking for a Wii U for Christmas (so it'll stay hidden until then), as there's no other way they'll be able to play the Nintendo exclusives.

So fucking mad, I received shipment from Bestbuy and they didn't package it in a box.  The whole system was tape out with a bag and the box is crushed.  Going to return this to Bestbuy ASAP.

I talked to a Nintendo representative yesterday at the Target I work for and she said this bundle is going to be available until right after Christmas. It's a good deal due to the fact you get a game included which retails at around $59 but if she is right, it probably won't be something that will gain much value over the years due to it being not that "limited". It's really nothing more than a 32GB Wii U with a couple of designs on the gamepad. This guy should have waited instead of preordering on ebay for $479

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Legend-Of-Zelda-Windwaker-HD-Wii-U-Limited-Edition-Bundle-PREORDER-RARE-/281170625097?pt=Video_Games&hash=item4177134249
I hope this is true, I can't really bring myself to pull the trigger on one right now (although the Zelda really is tempting) but if they're still around when BF comes and there is some sort of further discount and/or extra game bundle available, I'd probably jump on that.

I hope this is true, I can't really bring myself to pull the trigger on one right now (although the Zelda really is tempting) but if they're still around when BF comes and there is some sort of further discount and/or extra game bundle available, I'd probably jump on that.
I agree with you but I'm not sure whether the Zelda consoles will be around that long. I wouldn't be surprised because the average consumer still doesn't really know the difference between Wii U/Wii except the price. However, speaking of bundles, I hope this makes it stateside as I would pick it up on Black Friday: http://wiiudaily.com/2013/09/new-mario-wii-u-bundle/

I hope this isn't limited as I also can't buy it right now, but would love to get this for me and my kids for Xmas. Make plenty of them, please, Nintendo. :)

I agree but Nintendo needs to sell consoles, not try to charge a premium for fun.
Exactly. They need to attract new users, but their seems pretty adamant to not change their strategy on the Wii U. Their present and future line up is full of their established characters/franchises and if people buy the Wii U only for Nintendo games, then we're gonna have another N64/GC on our hands.

I was a Nintendo fan for two decades but gave up on them after 2-3 years on the Wii. There's some interesting titles but very few titles in terms of new IPs. But I can't justify buying the system for a couple of sequels, remakes and half-assed third party games.

If you want to return it in case there is some killer Black Friday sale, wait till next week to buy it. Right now Black Friday is more than 60 days away

For what it's worth, my local Best Buy had one Zelda Wii U on the shelf and GameStop had two. Not exactly tons of stock around, I guess the question will be if they restock when the existing ones sell out.

If you want to return it in case there is some killer Black Friday sale, wait till next week to buy it. Right now Black Friday is more than 60 days away
Which stores have a 60-day return policy? I think Walmart is only 15 days on video game hardware, Target and GameStop are 30 days, not sure about others.

60? I thought Best Buy had a 15 day return policy, 30 if you were a member? I have an extra sealed Tales of Xillia that I wish I could return to them but it's past 30 days

Which stores have a 60-day return policy? I think Walmart is only 15 days on video game hardware, Target and GameStop are 30 days, not sure about others.
Best Buy did, if you were Reward Zone Silver status. I see that it has since dropped to 45 days for the "elite plus" level.

I read somewhere that Nintendo is claiming these will be available all through the holidays until new years. Makes sense considering the struggling Wii U sales

i think Nintendo is going to continue with a bundle but with different games. similar to the way PS3 has with UC3, GT, GTA5... so i would say bite if you want WWHD (plus a copy of Historyia (sp?)) but wait if you want Mario World or DK.

i think Nintendo is going to continue with a bundle but with different games. similar to the way PS3 has with UC3, GT, GTA5... so i would say bite if you want WWHD (plus a copy of Historyia (sp?)) but wait if you want Mario World or DK.
Did I miss a DK announcement!? I'd buy one to play and one to keep if they did a DK yellow bundle.

If the Zelda HD Wii U bundle was to in someway generate sales for the struggling console; Nintendo might have the timing wrong. I believe this bundle is to raise awareness of the console, especially in the growing awareness of the PS4 and Xbox One. Nintendo needs more public growth before the holiday or the "next generation" consoles are going to overshadow the Wii U. Expect another bundle come holiday season (maybe something with the new Mario), but don't expect a different price from the Zelda HD bundle. If Nintendo drops the price again, I don't foresee them making much profit on the console for the remainder of this year. What a time to struggle with your new console; right on the verge of another console generation...

Grabbed a Zelda bundle yesterday at Target. They weren't in the case but their website said they were in stock so the clerk went in the back and brought out an unopened box with 2 consoles inside. Of course when I got it home, I accidentally broke off the end of my headphone plug in the jack on the gamepad. Tried a few things to get it out to no avail. At least the sounds still plays through the speakers of the gamepad even though the plug is stuck in there.

Grabbed a Zelda bundle yesterday at Target. They weren't in the case but their website said they were in stock so the clerk went in the back and brought out an unopened box with 2 consoles inside. Of course when I got it home, I got accidentally broke off the end of my headphone plug in the jack on the gamepad. Tried a few things to get it out to no avail. At least the sounds still plays through the speakers of the gamepad even though the plug is stuck in there.
exchange it for a new one. target takes the returns and charges them out. they send it back to nintendo so you can just exchange it.

Grabbed a Zelda bundle yesterday at Target. They weren't in the case but their website said they were in stock so the clerk went in the back and brought out an unopened box with 2 consoles inside. Of course when I got it home, I got accidentally broke off the end of my headphone plug in the jack on the gamepad. Tried a few things to get it out to no avail. At least the sounds still plays through the speakers of the gamepad even though the plug is stuck in there.
2 consoles inside one box?

exchange it for a new one. target takes the returns and charges them out. they send it back to nintendo so you can just exchange it.
I used the code for Wind Waker HD before I realized the plug was stuck in there. Originally thought it just broke off and fell on the floor out of sight. Not that big of a deal really. I'll just plug my earbuds directly into my monitor until I can get some speakers. A bit disappointed that you can't use HDMI for video and the Wii component cable for audio with the WiiU.

2 consoles inside one box?
Yeah, a cardboard shipping box. :D

I used the code for Wind Waker HD before I realized the plug was stuck in there. Originally thought it just broke off and fell on the floor out of sight. Not that big of a deal really. I'll just plug my earbuds directly into my monitor until I can get some speakers. A bit disappointed that you can't use HDMI for video and the Wii component cable for audio with the WiiU.
Wow, you're handling that really well. I'd be cursing up a storm if that happened to me.

thats fine you can still return it even if you use the code. its going right back to nintendo anyway but if you want to keep it thats up to you, i know i would be returning it right away if it was me.

Wow, you're handling that really well. I'd be cursing up a storm if that happened to me.
If that was the only way I could have sound I would be a bit more upset with myself but I have other options. :D

thats fine you can still return it even if you use the code. its going right back to nintendo anyway but if you want to keep it thats up to you, i know i would be returning it right away if it was me.
Yeah, I could as long as they still have Zelda bundles but it's such a minor issue that I don't even think it's worth boxing the console back up and driving out to Target again especially for something that was my own fault.

If that was the only way I could have sound I would be a bit more upset with myself but I have other options. :D

Yeah, I could as long as they still have Zelda bundles but it's such a minor issue that I don't even think it's worth boxing the console back up and driving out to Target again especially for something that was my own fault.
It's totally worth it, you should.

For what it's worth, my local Best Buy had one Zelda Wii U on the shelf and GameStop had two. Not exactly tons of stock around, I guess the question will be if they restock when the existing ones sell out.
my bestbuy had 1 on the shelf and 15 in the back.. they don't put their whole inventory out on the shelf

you keep saying that, but how about proof or a link to a quote from them?
Proof or no proof, how stupid would it be for Nintendo to produce a tiny amount of these "limited edition" consoles, when the Wii U is barely scraping along, and about to be eclipsed by the two next-gen consoles that are releasing in less than two months? If they did that, they'd have literally nothing to offer to try to compete when the next generation arrives.

Proof or no proof, how stupid would it be for Nintendo to produce a tiny amount of these "limited edition" consoles, when the Wii U is barely scraping along, and about to be eclipsed by the two next-gen consoles that are releasing in less than two months? If they did that, they'd have literally nothing to offer to try to compete when the next generation arrives.
i never said he was right or wrong, but the guy is stating things like it is a fact that nintendo said that, and if he's so confident nintendo said that then show some proof. Most companies don't just come out and say a limited console isn't limited, because then why would people rush out to buy it? I think he is just repeating rumor that some guy told him and stating it as fact.

Wait people still think these won't be limited? Lol. Black Friday is going to make these extinct. The only people saying otherwise are people who don't have the money or they are jealous of those who do. Keep pretending it's not.

Wait people still think these won't be limited? Lol. Black Friday is going to make these extinct. The only people saying otherwise are people who don't have the money or they are jealous of those who do. Keep pretending it's not.

One could define limited as limited to 10,000,000 consoles. They are not hard to find. That much is a fact. If they stay in stock through Black Friday that is like 8 weeks of availability. Really hard to call anything that sits on shelves for 8 weeks as OMG limited.

One could define limited as limited to 10,000,000 consoles. They are not hard to find. That much is a fact. If they stay in stock through Black Friday that is like 8 weeks of availability. Really hard to call anything that sits on shelves for 8 weeks as OMG limited.

Something that sells out in 8 weeks is limited. Whether you want to add "omg" limited is up to you. Don't worry people are going to complain in December that they didnt have enough time to get one and blame Nintendo. *eats popcorn while watching*.

Something that sells out in 8 weeks is limited. Whether you want to add "omg" limited is up to you. Don't worry people are going to complain in December that they didnt have enough time to get one and blame Nintendo. *eats popcorn while watching*.
Are you just in denial since you won't be able to flip for a gross profit?

Huh? Lol. Not a flipper bro. Like the trained robot you are you say the only thing you can and hope others follow suit. You don't have to be a flipper to see the obvious.

regardless of (actual or manufactured) availability of this console bundle, the Wii U is pretty awesome. being able to play WWHD in any room (small apt) without a TV is pretty damn cool. and the game looks absolutely amazing and IMO able to hold its own against any of the PS4/One titles i saw at PAX.

you keep saying that, but how about proof or a link to a quote from them?
Maybe you missed it, but someone called CS about it.
Like others have said, it makes no sense to limit the best bundle they have available considering it's been a total failure this year.
Maybe "limited" in the sense that they aren't overproducing it like they did with the basic set, but yeah.

bread's done
Back