The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD Wii U Limited Edition Bundle - Pre-Order

I was trying to make a list of Wii U-exclusive games I'd want on my wish list and got as far as Zelda, New Super Mario Bros. U and possibly Pikmin 3. I wouldn't be buying any cross-platform stuff for the Wii U because I have a PC, PS3 and eventually a PS4.

I've been a fan of Zelda since the gold cartridge NES days but I'd still feel like I was buying this based on speculation that it's going to get good games someday in the future, not for the games it has right now, and even at $280 shipped that's hard to do.
No speculation involved. Wii U is a must-own system, and is accumulating must-have games at a dizzying rate. I own a Wii U and let me tell you, I own TWENTY ONE physical games for it, with another TWENTY pre ordered. And it's been out less than a year.

NSMBU and its counterpart, NSLU, are a must have right off the bat. It's Mario in HD, and yes, it's fantastic. Pikmin 3 is quite possibly THE funnest game I've played in years, with the exception of Fire Emblem Awakening on 3DS. And The Wonderful 101 is as good Pikmin 3, dare I say even better. Zelda: Windwaker HD. Do I need to tell you how great this game is? And in one month we'll have Sonic Lost World, which is shaping up to be the best Sonic game since the S&K on the Genesis. In two months we'll have DKC Tropical Freeze, my single-most desired game of the year, and Mario 3D World (what can I say, it's a 3D Mario game, and I've never EVER played a bad 3D Mario game).

I know you said the multiplats wouldn't interest you, but trust me when I say you want Rayman Legends and Splinter Cell Blacklist on Wii U. The exclusive gamepad integration is worth its weight in gold for these two games. Keep in mind if you're a local multiplayer kind of guy, that Splinter Cell doesn't have local co-op, though it does have full online features and DLC. Not an issue for me though.

A few other great exclusives, maybe not MUST-haves, but highly desirable nonetheless, include Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, ZombiU, Lego City Undercover and Nintendoland. All four are excellent games, I just wouldn't go so far as to say they're must-own titles.

Miiverse is absolutely amazing- it's hard to understand how great it is until you're a part of the community. Having 3 controller options for many games is also an awesome feature- gamepad, Wiimote/Nunchuk, or Pro Controller, all 3 of which are top-of-the line. The Pro Controller rivals the 360 controller. I think it's better personally. In any case, there's no denying it's a damn good controller.

I was trying to make a list of Wii U-exclusive games I'd want on my wish list and got as far as Zelda, New Super Mario Bros. U and possibly Pikmin 3. I wouldn't be buying any cross-platform stuff for the Wii U because I have a PC, PS3 and eventually a PS4.

I've been a fan of Zelda since the gold cartridge NES days but I'd still feel like I was buying this based on speculation that it's going to get good games someday in the future, not for the games it has right now, and even at $280 shipped that's hard to do.
It's funny, but this is how I feel about the PS4 at launch. I see Killzone: Shadow Fall and Drive Club and I am just "meh" and I love the Playstation brand. I just don't see the PS4 getting any GOOD game for at least year too, just like the Wii U. I am only glad the year long Wii U drought is over and I can finally play some good games on it.

I will be waiting on the PS4 though to see if this console will survive meaning there is demand for it and the Xbox One once all of the initial hype dies down; not that I plan on getting the latter console though. Just worried that these new consoles will be a waste of money once the initial hype for them dies down and people realize they aren't all that great after all, especially since the PS3/Xbox One are still alive and kicking for quite some time. First time I miss a console launch, but the Wii U left a sour feeling with me after the year long drought; I don't want to make that same mistake again. I think console gaming is dying. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
I ordered the $279 Newegg deal, but I'm not as excited as i'd like to be. I think I'm more excited about Wii Fit than any game. I was psyched about the Super Mario 3D game, as I loved the 3DS game, but the screenshots look like some sort of Mario Party game instead. I think I'll get Donkey Kong Country when it comes out, and I still have Mario Kart U and Super Smash Bros U to look forward to early next year.

I really like everything about the Wii U so far. The Pro controllers are my favorite controllers of all time. The gamepad is also really great for Zelda. The off TV play is great for when I have to share the TV. I also bought New Super Mario Bros U because my girlfriend asked me to and its a pretty solid title. Considering getting the Luigi DLC after I complete the base game if the game is consistently good the whole way through. I also get a kick out of the Miiverse being integrated in the games because you get to see other people's thoughts on the game as you go through it.

At this point in time, if you can, with a straight face, say that there's no good Wii U games yet, I think you just need to drop all pretenses and admit that it's not for you.

At this point in time, if you can, with a straight face, say that there's no good Wii U games yet, I think you just need to drop all pretenses and admit that it's not for you.
I'm buying one today and still saying it. There definitely are but if you have another system you're still counting retail games on one hand for most people. In for Nintendo games at least.

I've had the Wii U for exactly one week, tomorrow.  I am honestly not that impressed with it.  Not just because of the lack of games, but the system itself is disappointing.  To those fanboys in this thread claiming it is the best system ever made, I call BS.  Here are my two biggest issues with the system as of now:

1. The HORRIBLE load times.  Seriously, wtf Nintendo?  I know people complained about long load times at launch, but I thought there was a patch that fixed them.  EVERYTHING you do on this system makes you sit and listen to it beep at you while it slowly loads whatever.  The eSHOP takes as long to load as the PS Store, and I didn't think that was possible.  Isn't this supposed to be a "next-gen" system?  The PS3 and 360 load faster.  Also, game load times.  I am playing Lego City Undercover right now and the load times are UNBEARABLE.  Like you walk outside the police station (or go inside) and have to wait a minute and 20 seconds while a bar slowly crawls across the gamepad screen. This is unacceptable, even for current gen games (not counting cross gen/next gen).  And for god sake, how long should it take to load LEGO BLOCKS?

2. Horrible battery life for the tablet controller.  With this huge controller, I assumed Nintendo crammed a super hi-cap battery into this thing so it could *at least* last all day.  Apparently, the controller is powered by four rechargeable double A's duct-taped together or something.  Seriously, I saw someone online comparing the Wii U tablet's battery life to a game gear, and I thought they were exaggerating.  They weren't.  For the selling point of the system, why the HELL didn't Nintendo include a battery large enough to be able to play longer than 3-4 hours at the time.  It is crazy that my 3DSXL battery lasts longer than this thing.

Also, I thought the tablet was supposed to be able to reach all over your house for remote play (according to many game articles).  Mine goes about 20 feet before experiencing connection problems.  I was planning on playing on playing games with the tablet in bed.  Big disappointment there.

Plus, that Miiverse everyone is always going on about?  Wtf, I thought it was some game-changing feature, when it is basically just message boards for each game baked into the system.  I can read game forums on my 50 other electronic devices, thanks.

All in all, the Wii U just doesn't feel like a step-up to me like I thought it would, based on current-gen systems.  I hope the next-gen systems are more impressive/well-thought out, and are actually impressive in their technological advancement.  I was really expecting the U to wow me with its interface, sleek UI (it's just like the 3DS UI, ugh), or SOMETHING, but I am just disappointed with it.  However, I will keep it around for the Nintendo exclusives this gen, which is really the only reason I bought it anyway.

So far I've gotten Nintendoland, NSMBU, Lego City, and Sonic All-Star Racing transformed for it (Haven't redeemed Zelda WW yet as I am considering selling the code).  Out of those games, only Nintendoland has held my attention as being something "new".  Although it is just a collection of gimmicks which will probably grow stale in no time at all.

Sorry for the rant, just giving my opinions on my new system, to help anyone else making the decision whether or not to jump on it.  Oh yeah, that Zelda game pad looks awesome as hell, just wished the batteries lasted longer in it so I wouldn't have to admire it from the charger base.

EDIT: Oh, I forgot.  The one redeeming moment with the Wii U when I felt my purchase was justified was while playing the Wonderful 101 demo on the e-shop, from beginning to end.  That game is awesome, and I look forward to picking that up, along with Rayman Legends, DK, Pikmin 3, and Mario 3D by the end of the year.

No speculation involved. Wii U is a must-own system, and is accumulating must-have games at a dizzying rate. I own a Wii U and let me tell you, I own TWENTY ONE physical games for it, with another TWENTY pre ordered. And it's been out less than a year.

NSMBU and its counterpart, NSLU, are a must have right off the bat. It's Mario in HD, and yes, it's fantastic. Pikmin 3 is quite possibly THE funnest game I've played in years, with the exception of Fire Emblem Awakening on 3DS. And The Wonderful 101 is as good Pikmin 3, dare I say even better. Zelda: Windwaker HD. Do I need to tell you how great this game is? And in one month we'll have Sonic Lost World, which is shaping up to be the best Sonic game since the S&K on the Genesis. In two months we'll have DKC Tropical Freeze, my single-most desired game of the year, and Mario 3D World (what can I say, it's a 3D Mario game, and I've never EVER played a bad 3D Mario game).

I know you said the multiplats wouldn't interest you, but trust me when I say you want Rayman Legends and Splinter Cell Blacklist on Wii U. The exclusive gamepad integration is worth its weight in gold for these two games. Keep in mind if you're a local multiplayer kind of guy, that Splinter Cell doesn't have local co-op, though it does have full online features and DLC. Not an issue for me though.

A few other great exclusives, maybe not MUST-haves, but highly desirable nonetheless, include Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, ZombiU, Lego City Undercover and Nintendoland. All four are excellent games, I just wouldn't go so far as to say they're must-own titles.

Miiverse is absolutely amazing- it's hard to understand how great it is until you're a part of the community. Having 3 controller options for many games is also an awesome feature- gamepad, Wiimote/Nunchuk, or Pro Controller, all 3 of which are top-of-the line. The Pro Controller rivals the 360 controller. I think it's better personally. In any case, there's no denying it's a damn good controller.
Just out of curiosity, what does your Wii U collection look like? And what games do you have pre-ordered?

I know in Japan they fixed or were going to fix the battery, I'm almost positivie you can buy one and replace if you live over there but I'm almost certain you cant import them. Hopefully soon they will fix this, it's pissed me off more than a few times, I'll let it sit all week before picking up again on the weekend and the POS is dead.

Judging by the current dismal sales on the market, I'd say most people fall into the latter category.
I keep hearing people say this, but 6 months after release it sold what, around 3.5 million units? In their first year the PS3 and 360 moved around 6 million units each. The Wii U is on pace with that number and that's in a bad economy and with very few games that'll move the system, I'd say it's doing fine. I don't think it'll hit 6 million units sold by its first year, but I don't see 5-5.5 million being impossible which, given the lack of killer titles isn't all that bad.

Last I saw, Sony and Panasonic were the two largest shareholders of Blu-Ray format.
They still are, but the unit royalty has continued to drop in the past few years. As of 2011, it was about $7 for a blu ray drive in a console and Sony and Panasonic each got about 30% of that after administrative costs. The unit royalty on Blu Ray discs is about 13 cents at present. In any event, you're correct that Nintendo didn't want to pay those fees just like Microsoft didn't on the original Xbox which is why they sold a remote and dongle if you wanted DVD playback on the Xbox. Sony and Panasonic still likely make something on Nintendo's optical drive as they likely hold patents on various components.

I've had the Wii U for exactly one week, tomorrow. I am honestly not that impressed with it. Not just because of the lack of games, but the system itself is disappointing. To those fanboys in this thread claiming it is the best system ever made, I call BS. Here are my two biggest issues with the system as of now:

1. The HORRIBLE load times. Seriously, wtf Nintendo? I know people complained about long load times at launch, but I thought there was a patch that fixed them. EVERYTHING you do on this system makes you sit and listen to it beep at you while it slowly loads whatever. The eSHOP takes as long to load as the PS Store, and I didn't think that was possible. Isn't this supposed to be a "next-gen" system? The PS3 and 360 load faster. Also, game load times. I am playing Lego City Undercover right now and the load times are UNBEARABLE. Like you walk outside the police station (or go inside) and have to wait a minute and 20 seconds while a bar slowly crawls across the gamepad screen. This is unacceptable, even for current gen games (not counting cross gen/next gen). And for god sake, how long should it take to load LEGO BLOCKS?

2. Horrible battery life for the tablet controller. With this huge controller, I assumed Nintendo crammed a super hi-cap battery into this thing so it could *at least* last all day. Apparently, the controller is powered by four rechargeable double A's duct-taped together or something. Seriously, I saw someone online comparing the Wii U tablet's battery life to a game gear, and I thought they were exaggerating. They weren't. For the selling point of the system, why the HELL didn't Nintendo include a battery large enough to be able to play longer than 3-4 hours at the time. It is crazy that my 3DSXL battery lasts longer than this thing.

Also, I thought the tablet was supposed to be able to reach all over your house for remote play (according to many game articles). Mine goes about 20 feet before experiencing connection problems. I was planning on playing on playing games with the tablet in bed. Big disappointment there.

Plus, that Miiverse everyone is always going on about? Wtf, I thought it was some game-changing feature, when it is basically just message boards for each game baked into the system. I can read game forums on my 50 other electronic devices, thanks.

All in all, the Wii U just doesn't feel like a step-up to me like I thought it would, based on current-gen systems. I hope the next-gen systems are more impressive/well-thought out, and are actually impressive in their technological advancement. I was really expecting the U to wow me with its interface, sleek UI (it's just like the 3DS UI, ugh), or SOMETHING, but I am just disappointed with it. However, I will keep it around for the Nintendo exclusives this gen, which is really the only reason I bought it anyway.

So far I've gotten Nintendoland, NSMBU, Lego City, and Sonic All-Star Racing transformed for it (Haven't redeemed Zelda WW yet as I am considering selling the code). Out of those games, only Nintendoland has held my attention as being something "new". Although it is just a collection of gimmicks which will probably grow stale in no time at all.

Sorry for the rant, just giving my opinions on my new system, to help anyone else making the decision whether or not to jump on it. Oh yeah, that Zelda game pad looks awesome as hell, just wished the batteries lasted longer in it so I wouldn't have to admire it from the charger base.

EDIT: Oh, I forgot. The one redeeming moment with the Wii U when I felt my purchase was justified was while playing the Wonderful 101 demo on the e-shop, from beginning to end. That game is awesome, and I look forward to picking that up, along with Rayman Legends, DK, Pikmin 3, and Mario 3D by the end of the year.
To preface this I will say that I'm basically an Xbot (owned a ps3 and played it a lot too before yloding) and pretty much only play halo, COD, forza these days..bought the wii u to get my GF into gaming and to hopefully recapture some of that nintendo magic, in a complimentary console this time. Might buy xbone if the price drops sometime before h5, if not, I'll buy it then. The ps4 is more impressive now but I don't see that much I want to play on it (my short attention span needs titanfall and h5 much more)

Now, I was expecting the moon but I think you must've been because you're a little too harsh on a number of things.The load times for eSHOP, in the dashboard, etc..are not bad at all. Not great but compared to how long the 360 takes to bring the guide up, particularly IN GAME, it's nothing. The ps store has been much more a disaster in the past but I haven't seen it recently so can't compare. Sony's interface is more unintuitive than MS's but sometimes faster (XMB wasn't bad, just kinda plain)

You should've been aware of the load times in Undercover before purchasing, is all I'm gonna say about that one. The battery life of the tablet isn't great but did you honestly expect it to last as long as the 3ds xl (which already has better battery life than the 3ds)? The screen is several orders of magnitude better. Turn down the backlight all the way unless you're actively using it/get a pro controller for the games that don't.

most people weren't expecting remote play to work all over the house. You should've been aware of the limitations beforehand. Not nintendo's fault. I have a large room and can sit comfortably in one corner in my bed and play. I imagine most people that have it in their living room and wanted to play in bed thought about the distance requirement and researched first. Miiverse is mostly kids posting anyway, should't be a surprise that the demo is a little different. It's super cool in the right applications (play WW and then you'll understand-which btw, makes good use of the gamepad and is the best looking game on the console). You probably overpaid for nintendoland too, if you paid more than $10-15, that is

edit: I *wasn't expecting the moon. Maybe if you kept your expectations in check (seriously, have you heard none of the wii u complaints from the past year-not only relating to the lack of games which is finally picking up) you'd be happier

I keep hearing people say this, but 6 months after release it sold what, around 3.5 million units? In their first year the PS3 and 360 moved around 6 million units each. The Wii U is on pace with that number and that's in a bad economy and with very few games that'll move the system, I'd say it's doing fine. I don't think it'll hit 6 million units sold by its first year, but I don't see 5-5.5 million being impossible which, given the lack of killer titles isn't all that bad.
True, but the other next gen consoles will catch up within a few months.
They're already a third of the way there on preorders alone.

Developers will go where the biggest install base is.

You should've been aware of the load times in Undercover before purchasing, is all I'm gonna say about that one. The battery life of the tablet isn't great but did you honestly expect it to last as long as the 3ds xl (which already has better battery life than the 3ds)? The screen is several orders of magnitude better. Turn down the backlight all the way unless you're actively using it/get a pro controller for the games that don't.

most people weren't expecting remote play to work all over the house. You should've been aware of the limitations beforehand. Not nintendo's fault. I have a large room and can sit comfortably in one corner in my bed and play. I imagine most people that have it in their living room and wanted to play in bed thought about the distance requirement and researched first. Miiverse is mostly kids posting anyway, should't be a surprise that the demo is a little different. It's super cool in the right applications (play WW and then you'll understand-which btw, makes good use of the gamepad and is the best looking game on the console). You probably overpaid for nintendoland too, if you paid more than $10-15, that is

edit: I *wasn't expecting the moon. Maybe if you kept your expectations in check (seriously, have you heard none of the wii u complaints from the past year-not only relating to the lack of games which is finally picking up) you'd be happier
1. I had had heard complaining about the load times in Lego City, but didn't know they were this extreme. There is no excuse for a modern game to have load times as long as that. They practically ruin the game imo, and are inexcusable.

2. Why shouldn't the battery in the Wii U tablet last as long as the 3dsXL? The 3DSXL is powering 2 screens, is actually running the game instead of streaming it, and is a lot smaller and thinner than the tablet. Nintendo could have easily fit a battery twice the size in the tablet controller, even if it does take that much more juice than the handheld (I doubt it). The screen isn't that much bigger than the 2 combined screens on the XL.

3. I didn't research the tablet distance because I had initially heard it was good from initial reviews from blogs such as Kotaku, etc. Didn't think it was as finicky as it is, as no one mentioned it. As for further researching the console, why would I do that? I knew I would get one eventually for the Nintendo exclusives, and knew it would have some issues, but I feel these are huge for a modern gaming machine.

My expectations really were not set that high, but I really expected a 1 year old gaming machine to perform a hell of a lot better than 6 or 7 year old gaming machines. And how can you take internet criticism seriously, as half the people are calling it the second coming (Nintendo fanboys or paid shills) and the other half needlessly bashing it just because they are MSoft/Sony fanboys. Hence my unbiased opinion on the Wii U experience, to maybe enlighten others considering the purchase.

I don't regret purchasing a Wii U, I was just expecting more out of it, being new(ish) gaming hardware and all. I would have purchased one eventually for the Nintendo exclusives anyway, and would have had these same criticisms.

(Oh, and I got Nintendoland for 15, along with great deals on all my other games, so not judging based on price).

I'd love to say you're wrong, but I suppose that's how opinions work.
Like I said I think there's enough games out there and upcoming for me to be buying a system. Today I grabbed Pikmin 3, ZombiU, Scribblenauts and MH3U. Other than Wonderful 101 that's the extent of my interest in currently released WiiU games.

They created their own format similar to blu ray so they don't have to pay sony for it.
Yeah, Nintendo is slow to learn some lessons. Really this is something they've haven't quite gotten since the N64/PS1 fight.

Like I said I think there's enough games out there and upcoming for me to be buying a system. Today I grabbed Pikmin 3, ZombiU, Scribblenauts and MH3U. Other than Wonderful 101 that's the extent of my interest in currently released WiiU games.

Yeah, Nintendo is slow to learn some lessons. Really this is something they've haven't quite gotten since the N64/PS1 fight.
I really don't follow. They didn't want to use blu ray so created their own format so they are slow?

Deader's my bosom buddy. My train of thought's also somewhat convoluted and more philosophical than a direct criticism.

I really don't follow. They didn't want to use blu ray so created their own format so they are slow?
They didn't want to use CDs because they made more and had more control over cartridges. They didn't want to use DVDs so they made their own formats because they made more and had more control over them. I'm sure it's not like it was in the N64 era where the cartridges with more storage cost way more than a CD and turned publishers off but it's still about Nintendo insisting on controlling everything. At least unlike the GC days the Wii/U discs hold as much as their comparable counterparts because that cost the GC a lot of games as they grew beyond the 1.5GB limit. If the PS4/Xone starts going to 50GB discs and Nintendo isn't quick enough with making a dual-layer disc available then you start risking not getting multiplatform games. It's just one of those thing where maybe it's not even that they're slow in adapting to it as much as being stubbornly different because using a standardized format that can also provide your customers with the ability to play movies hardly hurts your product.

Deader's my bosom buddy. My train of thought's also somewhat convoluted and more philosophical than a direct criticism.

They didn't want to use CDs because they made more and had more control over cartridges. They didn't want to use DVDs so they made their own formats because they made more and had more control over them. I'm sure it's not like it was in the N64 era where the cartridges with more storage cost way more than a CD and turned publishers off but it's still about Nintendo insisting on controlling everything. At least unlike the GC days the Wii/U discs hold as much as their comparable counterparts because that cost the GC a lot of games as they grew beyond the 1.5GB limit. If the PS4/Xone starts going to 50GB discs and Nintendo isn't quick enough with making a dual-layer disc available then you start risking not getting multiplatform games. It's just one of those thing where maybe it's not even that they're slow in adapting to it as much as being stubbornly different because using a standardized format that can also provide your customers with the ability to play movies hardly hurts your product.
Well, Microsoft stuck with DVDs with the 360 and didn't really hurt them. I remember them saying when the Wii U came out that the format they are using actually loads a lot faster than the Blu Rays that Sony uses for games.

I don't see why they can't dual layer with their own format.

Well, Microsoft stuck with DVDs with the 360 and didn't really hurt them. I remember them saying when the Wii U came out that the format they are using actually loads a lot faster than the Blu Rays that Sony uses for games.

I don't see why they can't dual layer with their own format.
Well, other than the big 360 games coming with multiple discs and requiring installs now. If everything works the same and there's no real difference that's perfectly fine with me. You just don't want a console already fighting an uphill battle further hamstrung if the technology moves on. Then again it may never be an issue with the WiiU because it might not be able to handle the graphics assets that would fill up a 50GB PS4/Xone disc.

1. I had had heard complaining about the load times in Lego City, but didn't know they were this extreme. There is no excuse for a modern game to have load times as long as that. They practically ruin the game imo, and are inexcusable.
The Lego City load times are large but they are loading a lot of content at any given time. Each area you load is pretty big and very few open world games can afford to have an engine robust enough to stream that kind of data. Travelers Tales isn't one of them. I don't think it's reasonable for half the PS3 games to require a crazy long install, but they do.

The battery life was a compromise on adding more weight to a controller designed for kids 6 and up. I could see being frustrated with not having over 4 hours but at the same time they all come with very convenient charging stations now so managing the power on the thing should be easy.

I use a Pro controller all the time and now never have tablet battery issues since it is just sitting there as an accessory (map usage for Pikmin 3) and it lasts much longer that way.

The Lego City load times are large but they are loading a lot of content at any given time. Each area you load is pretty big and very few open world games can afford to have an engine robust enough to stream that kind of data. Travelers Tales isn't one of them. I don't think it's reasonable for half the PS3 games to require a crazy long install, but they do.

The battery life was a compromise on adding more weight to a controller designed for kids 6 and up. I could see being frustrated with not having over 4 hours but at the same time they all come with very convenient charging stations now so managing the power on the thing should be easy.
Long load times on a modern day console such as this are really unacceptable, they break the flow of the game. Making excuses for them doesn't change that.

As for the battery life "compromise", where did you read that? I never heard any such thing. I think the reason the battery is so small is simply because Nintendo cut every possible corner on this console to keep their costs to the bare minimum, and it really shows in the specs all around.

Right, but are those long load times the Wii U's fault or the fault of the game dev?  I'm currently playing Pikmin 3 and it doesn't have any load time issues.  And yes, they did fix the Wii U menu navigation load times with patches.  Those used to be pretty bad but it is decent now if not instantaneous.

Yeah, the battery life on the tablet could be better.  But it works for 99% of gaming sessions.  I'm almost wondering if they patched something that made it more efficient though.  It seems like we had more problems with it the first month we had the Wii U.  Now my son messes around on MiiVerse for hours at a time and we haven't had the tablet drain on us in several months.

I'm kind of curious what you would estimate the load times at on Lego City. Thinking of getting it with the B2G1 Target's doing this week and just curious. I don't think it would turn me off the game unless it was truly extreme but GTAV is probably 90-120 seconds when you start the game and there's plenty of times where you're waiting a good 15 seconds for it to load.

Long load times on a modern day console such as this are really unacceptable, they break the flow of the game. Making excuses for them doesn't change that.

As for the battery life "compromise", where did you read that? I never heard any such thing. I think the reason the battery is so small is simply because Nintendo cut every possible corner on this console to keep their costs to the bare minimum, and it really shows in the specs all around.
Guess what, load time will also suck on PS4/Xbone. Only difference is they will have mandatory install to reduce the loading time.

I'm kind of curious what you would estimate the load times at on Lego City. Thinking of getting it with the B2G1 Target's doing this week and just curious. I don't think it would turn me off the game unless it was truly extreme but GTAV is probably 90-120 seconds when you start the game and there's plenty of times where you're waiting a good 15 seconds for it to load.
The load times on Lego City are like first loading GTAV whenever you enter/exit a building, or new area. My son even asked me "Daddy, why does it take so long to load?" He's only four so I have to keep his attention focused every time we hit a loading screen so that he doesn't get frustrated with the game and want to play something else. He likes the game besides that issue, though. I would not pay retail for it (even with B2G1). I got mine for 20 bones from Gamefly (looked brand new, disc and all).

Gamepad battery life complaints are one of those things I don't really understand.

I mean like...you guys are putting it back in the charge cradle when you're not using it right?

Battery life is typically around 4 hours for me, and it's extraordinarily rare that I get 4 hours in a day between work and sleep to play videogames.

it is atleast 60-90 seconds, maybe even longer, and this is not just when you start the game, it's anytime you load the world again

bread's done
Back