The "LinkinPrime has a complimentary first-run theater at his workplace" OTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Rocko']I don't get why you decided to ban all discussion of Custom Firmware on the PSP when it's not even an illegal thing- hell, there was even a thread made saying "what can I do on CFW besides pirate games" or something to that degree.[/quote]

See...you say it as if I did it because I wanted to...because it somehow bothers me? No...I don't care...but I do my best to follow Cheapy's rules.

[quote name='marten']Our = Everyone but the "fuzz".

Their = The "fuzz", not limited to the bald one, the oldest man alive, and stretching all the way down to the penguin.

Better? ;)[/quote]

Yes...thanks!

[quote name='Rocko']Actually, I think that's pretty fair.[/QUOTE]

Semantics, really. Regardless of whether or not LP agrees with the rule, he's still the one who deleted the thread and, as a moderator, he's going to expect to get some of the flak from the userbase for it. He's part of what we see as the "their" even if he doesn't want to be.

Sometimes in my opinion I think some of the mods may make stupid decisions at times but I looked and saw that there were 36,797 active members on CAG and 14 moderators. I've seen forums that were horribly maintained compared to CAG and I think overall the mods here are pretty good at there jobs and keep the forums running as smooth as they can.

You may now pelt me with stones.

[quote name='marten']Answer: Because "fair" is subjective.

Our "fair" =! their "fair".

Simple.[/quote]

Better yet, a life lesson taught to me by history teacher Mr. Geoff Pierce:
life isn't fair.

he demonstrated this by giving half the class ice cream or something awesome like that.

the other half, my half, got nothing. we threw out cries of "this isn't fair" and he proceeded to tell us that was the lesson we were just learning... life isn't fair.

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']Semantics, really. Regardless of whether or not LP agrees with the rule, he's still the one who deleted the thread and, as a moderator, he's going to expect to get some of the flak from the userbase for it. He's part of what we see as the "their" even if he doesn't want to be.[/quote]

Um...I didn't delete it. I was actually posting on it, when Trakan brought to my attention that I was posting in a deleted thread :oops:

I say you as a collective whole for all of the administration, LinkinPrime. It's really useless to reply to every single comment with "well it isn't my choice, I'm cool like you guys but am forced into doing this." Surely you have more information/comment than that, especially on something like the ban of a subject that isn't even illegal.

[quote name='JMEPO']Sometimes in my opinion I think some of the mods may make stupid decisions at times but I looked and saw that there were 36,797 active members on CAG and 14 moderators. I've seen forums that were horribly maintained compared to CAG and I think overall the mods here are pretty good at there jobs and keep the forums running as smooth as they can.

You may now pelt me with stones.[/QUOTE]

Yes, they're so busy. It explains why they're always lounging in the OTT and moderating every single post that is made in the OTT.

If you want to see cluttered and gross, go to the Video Game Deals section. The reason this area is so clean is because the mods are on patrol here 24/7.

[quote name='JMEPO']Sometimes in my opinion I think some of the mods may make stupid decisions at times but I looked and saw that there were 36,797 active members on CAG and 14 moderators. I've seen forums that were horribly maintained compared to CAG and I think overall the mods here are pretty good at there jobs and keep the forums running as smooth as they can.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Given some of the shit that's happened on this site the mods have done an amazing job at policing it, particularly in the trading forums.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Um...I didn't delete it. I was actually posting on it, when Trakan brought to my attention that I was posting in a deleted thread :oops:[/QUOTE]

Point taken. Consider that a generalized example, then.

I think the mods at this site have been great. And I'm not just saying that to kiss ass. Overall they're prompt when issues arise, fair, and don't wield power like Milhouse with the Get-Backinator. My only question is why the closing of the OTT to punish the actions of two people, but something tells me that's not their decision.

[quote name='Maklershed']I think the mods at this site have been great. And I'm not just saying that to kiss ass. Overall they're prompt when issues arise, fair, and don't wield power like Milhouse with the Get-Backinator. My only question is why the closing of the OTT to punish the actions of two people, but something tells me that's not their decision.[/quote]
I agree.

I think the biggest problem is the hypocracy of the $$$cast with regards to the taboo topic.

They outright mention they do it on the vehicle used to promote the site, then make the mods nuke anything that even has an allusion of it.

How were they getting new episodes of Sci-Fi's 'Battlestar Galactica' in Japan anyway?

:whistle2:k

That said, it is Cheapy's house and rules, but don't let the mods be fucking thought police on a holy crusade

[quote name='JMEPO']Sometimes in my opinion I think some of the mods may make stupid decisions at times but I looked and saw that there were 36,797 active members on CAG and 14 moderators. I've seen forums that were horribly maintained compared to CAG and I think overall the mods here are pretty good at there jobs and keep the forums running as smooth as they can.[/QUOTE]

Given some of the shit that's happened on this site the mods have done a good job at policing it, particularly in the trading forums.

That said, there seems to be an awfully disproportionate level of attention in this part of the site. Whether that's by chance or by design, I'm not sure, but moderation activity is a lot faster in the social forums than elsewhere.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Um...I didn't delete it. I was actually posting on it, when Trakan brought to my attention that I was posting in a deleted thread :oops:[/QUOTE]

Point taken. Consider that a generalized example, then, or just look at Rocko's post - I think we're getting towards the same thing.

[quote name='JohnnyFoxDarko']Are you guys seriously getting upset over this?
:rofl:[/QUOTE]Yeah, I even blocked LinkinPrime on AIM!

[quote name='Moxio']Yes, they're so busy. It explains why they're always lounging in the OTT and moderating every single post that is made in the OTT.

If you want to see cluttered and gross, go to the Video Game Deals section. The reason this area is so clean is because the mods are on patrol here 24/7.[/quote]

The deals section isn't "Cluttered and gross" I think the OTT is the main thread in need of moderators because people can talk about whatever they want and if there weren't alot of mods here this thread would probably hit the fan fast.

[quote name='JohnnyFoxDarko']:wave:

Who wants to start up a new game of Castle Crunchers?[/quote]
Who wants to give me some points and xbl gold so I can get Castle Crashers and play with you guys? :wave:

[quote name='Moxio']I totally forgot about the CAGcast's hypocrisy. Good call.[/QUOTE]

Honestly, it seems like that would be a bigger problem to me - a handful of posts in one section of the site probably wouldn't cause much trouble for CheapyD, especially if he wasn't involved in the conversation...but discussing piracy in a podcast, where your voice is heard and you don't have much (any?) room to hide, makes it a lot harder to point the finger at someone else and say "wasn't me."

I guess this is just a case of "do as I say, not as I do."

[quote name='lordwow']Oh great, I can't read the rest of the thread... thanks mods.[/QUOTE]

That's my biggest problem with the thread deletion policy. There was a lot of perfectly legitimate discussion there (like the fantasy football posts), and now they're vanished into the void.

Is there a particular line or something that makes "delete posts" turn into "delete thread" that the mods could tell us about? The reaction doesn't seem consistent from what I've seen, and even if it doesn't do anything it couldn't hurt to make a "stop it or the thread gets deleted" post before they actually take action. At this point, I think it's safe to say we all know it's not an idle threat.

[quote name='dcfox']Who wants to give me some points and xbl gold so I can get Castle Crashers and play with you guys? :wave:[/QUOTE]

Who wants to give me a 360 so I can play too? :D

[quote name='dcfox']Who wants to give me some points and xbl gold so I can get Castle Crashers and play with you guys? :wave:[/QUOTE]

Who wants to give me a 360 so I can play too? :D

Me too! :wave:

[quote name='JMEPO']The deals section isn't "Cluttered and gross" I think the OTT is the main thread in need of moderators because people can talk about whatever they want and if there weren't alot of mods here this thread would probably hit the fan fast.[/quote]
If you were around here for more than, what, a month or two, you'd know that's not the case.

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']Is there a particular line or something that makes "delete posts" turn into "delete thread" that the mods could tell us about? The reaction doesn't seem consistent from what I've seen, and even if it doesn't do anything it couldn't hurt to make a "stop it or the thread gets deleted" post before they actually take action. At this point, I think it's safe to say we all know it's not an idle threat.[/quote]
I think it's even shittier that, in the last OTT, they not only deleted posts, but they infracted users, which hasn't happened lately, and then the thread got randomly deleted.

[quote name='Rocko']I think it's even shittier that, in the last OTT, they not only deleted posts, but they infracted users, which hasn't happened lately, and then the thread got randomly deleted.[/QUOTE]

Who got infracted? :whistle2:s

[quote name='tiredfornow']I'll hook you up with a 1600 card, dcfox.

I think I have one of those GTAIV free month of Live cards, too.[/quote]
Really? Thanks man! :grouphug:

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']Who got infracted? :whistle2:s[/quote]
Zew.

Possibly twice, I'm not sure if he was serious or not, or if I read the comment right, and I can't go and check.

[quote name='tiredfornow']I'll hook you up with a 1600 card, dcfox.

I think I have one of those GTAIV free month of Live cards, too.[/quote]

Don't forget dc will need a partner to get through the game. I'm just the person to help him/her.

[quote name='dcfox']Is Castle Crashers hard?[/quote]

No but I ... eh forget it.

[quote name='tiredfornow']Maklershed is going to be terribly disappointed when he finds out dcfox is a pimply dude. :[[/quote]

As opposed to a foxy black chick?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back